Author Topic: TAR 26: Blair Townsend & Hayley Keel "Blind Daters"  (Read 210669 times)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 26: Blair Townsend & Hayley Keel "Blind Daters"
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2015, 11:43:38 PM »
Volcano Hayley is smart and was seemingly treated as a dumb blonde. The problem is when she blows, she has trouble keeping the lid on after. Some of us are that way.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2015, 05:41:28 PM »
Hayley is nothing like Flo who let Zach carry her the whole way without contributing. And then whined about it.

Hayley is a savvy and perceptive racer, jut a wee bit controlling in this situation. Their problem is they are each  highly competent racers with totally different communication styles. In a different situation or with a  partner they knew each may have been more calm.

Anyway, they are all friends now!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2015, 09:38:39 PM »
I am HERE for Hayley's redemption arc <3

And look what she posted :o

Show content

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2015, 09:44:32 PM »
I am HERE for Hayley's redemption arc <3

And look what she posted :o

Show content
idk how i'm supposed to take that

but they would be an awesome couple

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »
Please win <3

they're either a couple or really good friends, based on Hayley's tweet.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2015, 11:07:29 PM »
I've never been so #obsessed with a team like this before since--I don't know--Bill & Cathi?

So, I really hope they date each other and win or whichever comes first <3  :funny:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2015, 11:10:12 PM »
Congrats on winning the leg!!!!

They deserve it after putting aside all the bickering!

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2015, 11:51:13 PM »
WOOOHOO. BLAIR & HAYLEY GETTING FIRST PLACE. SUCH A GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS RIGHT AFTER I WAKE UP.
SEEMS LIKE THEY ALSO GET ALONG WELL THIS LEG.  :trampb:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1EQJ2kMqnmw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1EQJ2kMqnmw</a>

But, still no kisses......................... YET :p

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hRS1YxCOkkc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hRS1YxCOkkc</a>
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2015, 12:31:01 AM »
They're better without bickering.

They deserved a win after helping other teams in the Detour.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2015, 02:32:00 AM »
Blair using the full hug technique  :funny: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I LOVE THOSE TWO, JUST LOVE THEM SOO MUCH!!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »
They're much more appealing without the arguing, though that win was still unexpected! I believe they finished the detour in 6th? ??? They had really good luck driving to the pit stop, Aly & Steve were probably minutes behind them (we'll see in the departure times)

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2015, 12:52:19 PM »
Hayley is really something.  In the Insider Videos, she is dissing her Blair to other racers?  Why?  Does that make her any better?  To say that Blair is embarrassing to her because he is telling about a time he was thought to be a girl is embarrassing???  I just don't get it.  Blair has been a gentleman this whole time-diplomatic and courtly.  Even other teams notice and comment on her behavior.  I did like it when Blair did say that if you dressed Hayley like a girl, her behavior was better.   Hayley is just a spoiled princess.
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2015, 05:18:30 AM »
OMG! My face go like :DDDD when they're winning it. So random and unexpected. <333 I'm slightly worried when they're neck-to-neck with M&R for the last place at the detour. But then I'm so happy!

Now, win this all please. <333333

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2015, 08:54:58 AM »
Hayley is really something.  In the Insider Videos, she is dissing her Blair to other racers?  Why?  Does that make her any better?  To say that Blair is embarrassing to her because he is telling about a time he was thought to be a girl is embarrassing???  I just don't get it.  Blair has been a gentleman this whole time-diplomatic and courtly.  Even other teams notice and comment on her behavior.  I did like it when Blair did say that if you dressed Hayley like a girl, her behavior was better.   Hayley is just a spoiled princess.
I also saw this in the Insider Videos. "Every time he talks, it's really embarrassing." Well I'd be embarrassed to be yelled at by you 24/7.

Offline TTfan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2015, 07:39:46 PM »
If they end up together. That would be such a tale to tell.

Hate it or not, but #rxForLove has really been the highlight of the season.

Offline TTfan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2015, 07:59:27 PM »
Volcano Hayley is smart and was seemingly treated as a dumb blonde. The problem is when she blows, she has trouble keeping the lid on after. Some of us are that way.

I truly believe that Blair had those nagging coming. If you rewatch the season. Ep.1, at the start of the race where Hayley was struggling in the mud pit, you could see in Blair's face that he thinks he will carry the team on his own.

He disregarded Hayley so much in the beginning. Hayley got fed up and exploded. All of their fights are because of Blair not listening to Hayley. Well, thats what Hayley is saying.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2015, 08:43:32 AM »
I went back to watch Ep1 again, and found Hayley stating that she did not like the idea of the mud run, that she was high maintainance.  Blair reached the ticket first and Hayley took her time to get there, allowing Jelani and Jenn to pass them.  Her whole"girly-like" attitude probably came across that this was NOT what she signed up for, rather than being a good sport about it.  I think she probably started to complain about it almost immediately.  Then in an insider video in the hotel rooms in Japam, when they compared what they packed-she pulled out a blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron and two boxes of makeup.  Just the quietness of Blair at that moment speaks volume as to what were you thinking.  I have no idea as to Blair's sisters but if they are sailing in Bermuda or Bahamas, they are probably not girly girls but sensible ones.  In the last episode-it is telling that even Hayley says that since she is dressed to the nines,then she is not arguing.  And Blair agrees if you clean her up she does better.   I mean, if you know you are going on the Amazing Race, you (1) know how to drive a stick and swim, (2) realize you will be dirty and stinky, and (3) be careful of what you pack as you are carrying it.  IMHO

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2015, 09:38:03 AM »
lol you bothered to even analyze secret scenes just to bitch about them :res:

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2015, 11:15:31 AM »
Of course, I did.  So do other people on this board with various topics.  Thanks for the compliment. :cheer:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2015, 12:34:58 PM »
I actually appreciate Ticasmom's insight, though I like Hayley and this team overall. :)
You can't really tell solely from the edit if it was her constantly overreacting, or if Blair was actually racing as a team of his own sometimes.

People are different, Hayley's one who doesn't cool down easily. That's fine, this doesn't make her a bad person.
But if the items you listed were really brought by her... then that's just stupid. Either she was recruited (would make some sense then) or... wasn't very smart about her preparation...

That's just my insight.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2015, 02:07:59 PM »
Okay, here is the link to the insider video for the hair dryer, curling iron and straightener and at least 3 bags of make up.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/tVFbis6VCzXqWdZlxJtCw5GxpsLx1urs/the-amazing-race-carrying-quite-a-load/

Also in the above video, Blair pulls out a makeup case and says well this is what is not going into the overhead bins.  When she has all those things out, then half the bed is covered; she even says that hasn't even started on the clothes.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 03:16:05 PM by Ticasmom »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2015, 02:17:50 PM »
Hayley applied.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2015, 02:25:51 PM »
Hayley is more excited about racing than about finding love.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »
^ I agree with that, but carrying so much unnecessary beauty-related stuff all the time on a race around the world doesn't seem smart :lol:

Also curious, if she applied, doesn anyone know if she was a long time fan or just a casual?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2015, 04:10:18 PM »
 I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to look their best, and she hasn't complained about carrying such stuff ONCE. You can insult her all you want, but she's on the show and doing well, despite carrying "much unnecessary beauty stuff".
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:36:49 PM by Bookworm »
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax