Author Topic: TAR 26: Blair Townsend & Hayley Keel "Blind Daters"  (Read 210665 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 26: Blair Townsend & Hayley Keel "Blind Daters"
« on: January 20, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »
Blair Townsend and Hayley Keel

Name: Blair Townsend

Hometown: Amelia Island, Fla.
Relationship Status: Single
Current occupation: Physician
Describe what you do: I am taking a few years away from surgery residency to serve as an active duty doctor in the Navy. I provide medical care to Sailors in the Dive and Undersea communities.
3 words to describe you: Versatile, brave and inventive.
Favorite hobbies: Ironman competitions, sailing, scuba diving and golf.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being a good son to my parents and a good brother to my sisters.
What scares you most about traveling? Not ever wanting to return to real life.
What excites you most about traveling? Knowing that I will return a better man.
How many serious relationships have you been in? Two
What are your deal breakers in a relationship? Lack of curiosity in the world, complacency and dishonesty.
What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? Razor-sharp wit, bold confidence and a contagious smile.
What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? Excessive swearing, no swearing and excessive make-up.
Who is your celebrity crush? Lionel Messi’s significant other, Antonella Roccuzzo.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? If Ryan Gosling had a miracle baby with Brad Pitt then that child was tutored by Stephen Hawking, mentored by the late Maya Angelou, and trained by Bruce Jenner in his prime...I would be that person.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Thailand or any country in Southeast Asia. I am obsessed with the food in the region, think the terrain is beautiful, and want to be thrown into the hustle and bustle of an overcrowded city while searching for Phil.

Name: Hayley Keel

Hometown: St. Petersburg, Fla.
Relationship Status: Single
Current occupation: Registered Nurse
Describe what you do: I am an ER/trauma RN, currently working at a pediatric hospital in the ER.
3 words to describe you: Genuine, witty and passionate.
Favorite hobbies: Going to the beach, anything active (biking, paddle boarding, working out), cooking, traveling, attending Cleveland/Tampa Bay sporting events and exploring new places (cities, restaurants, local attractions).
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Becoming a registered nurse. It is simply amazing to be able to help people and make a difference in their lives.
What scares you most about traveling? Becoming sick or sustaining an injury.
What excites you most about traveling? Not knowing what I will see and experience. I love the spontaneity of traveling to new places.
How many serious relationships have you been in? When were they and for how long? 3. From 2004-2005, college boyfriend; 2006-2013 long term relationship; 2013-2014 dated.
What are your deal breakers in a relationship? Poor communication, lack of goals, no motivation, boring, bad attitude and laziness.
What are the top 3 qualities you are looking for in a mate? Confidence, loyalty and happiness.
What are 3 turn offs or pet peeves in a mate? Jealousy, negativity and insecurity.
Who is your celebrity crush? Justin Timberlake
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Taylor Swift
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Thailand, because of its beautiful beaches and fun atmosphere.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 26: Blair Townsend & Hayley Keel "Blind Daters"
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 12:59:40 PM »
Meet Blair!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wAys4lCgCqU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wAys4lCgCqU</a>

Meet Hayley!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ekH7kZq7vGE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ekH7kZq7vGE</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 05:09:07 PM »
They both wanted to go to Thailand :lol:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 07:55:16 PM »
They both look like seriously down to earth people... But I can't help but to scream "Beauty and the Geek" when I first met them. Maybe just remove those specs, Blair? :funny:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 07:59:40 PM »
I like them both! Maybe its because I feel a little connection due to living near them :lol:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:46:52 PM »
They look really cute together

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 03:31:18 AM »
They look adorable.

Love(S)  :hearts: :hearts:
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 07:38:40 PM »
They look really cute together

I usually never use the word 'cute' to other people, but I agree with you. My pre-favorite, I hope they deliver :hoot:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 09:12:26 AM »
I root for Blair just because of his nerdy geek.

Hayley's voice is like an anime character, don't you think?

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 07:11:20 PM »
Definitely a cute couple, LOL Beauty and the Geek, Or playing Doctor and Nurse.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 09:03:44 PM »

Offline prairienorth03

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 04:21:21 PM »
Wasn't there some discussion last year about whether or not the winners of the Amazing Race seemed like they were in the middle of the pre-race cast photo? What was the consensus about that? Just thinking about that today, and speculating that Blair and Hayley are in that prime spot in the photo.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 04:49:37 PM »
That's true, but its only a coincidental pattern. Maybe it will hold true for this season, maybe it won't. Personally, I like them so far, so I wouldn't mind them winning if they give off the same vibe they do now.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 12:05:08 PM »
Wasn't there some discussion last year about whether or not the winners of the Amazing Race seemed like they were in the middle of the pre-race cast photo? What was the consensus about that? Just thinking about that today, and speculating that Blair and Hayley are in that prime spot in the photo.

Agree with that since they are my pre favourite team. But don't forget we have Tyler in this season and Tyler will always win in TAR so far . If you look the past season photo cast (TAR9, TAR10, TARAus1), all the team has Tyler was on the beside.

But anyway, all the couples are seem to be rootable in some way. But I rooted more for Blair & Hayley along with Tyler & Laura, Jelani & Jenny, Rochelle & Mike, Jon & Harley, Tuskegee and Jeff & Lyda.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 05:01:39 PM »
The local CBS affiliate visited Hayley at work today for an upcoming article!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 05:16:58 PM »
Great Interview and great video as Hayley and Jeffrey talk Blind Dating, TAR style!! Love is in the Air!

http://www.wtsp.com/story/entertainment/television/2015/02/24/locals-looking-for-love-and-grand-prize-on-amazing-race/23927751/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 04:14:24 AM »
Hayley is basically someone with #NoFilter and Blair doesn't care at all :lol:

I love them <3

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 06:45:38 AM »
Hayley is basically someone with #NoFilter and Blair doesn't care at all :lol:

I love them <3
10000% true

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 08:13:43 AM »
They're my favorite team right now tbh

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »
They were my least favorite team. Hayley is blahblah and Blair looks really annoyed. Maybe they change after first episode but for now I didn't see any chemistry.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 05:25:56 PM »
Such stars!! Love them!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 07:45:07 PM »
They were my least favorite team. Hayley is blahblah and Blair looks really annoyed. Maybe they change after first episode but for now I didn't see any chemistry.

THIS.

My least favourite team because of Blair. Blair looks like he could do with a chill pill and just relaxed the entire experience even if he knows he isn't going to be romantically involved with Hayley.

Blair looks like he's exactly thinking about the constant need and reminder that he's wasting time "dating" a girl he doesn't want to spend time with. If these two turn out to be a couple at the end of the day, I'LL BE SURPRISED.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 08:07:49 PM »
I have the same feelings as you guys. But i hope this change. I think those two would make a hell of a couple, that's why i'm cheering for them  :hearts:

Hayley said she was liking the first date...but i don't think anyone would say other thing.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 08:17:33 PM »
I have the same feelings as you guys. But i hope this change. I think those two would make a hell of a couple, that's why i'm cheering for them  :hearts:

Hayley said she was liking the first date...but i don't think anyone would say other thing.
Definitely. They're cute together (I never thought I'd say that about any couple lol), and Hayley's OTT with Blair's calm attitude could prove to work well Race-wise and relationship-wise

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 09:17:45 PM »
I hope they love each other like I love them...  :luvya:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm