Author Topic: CBS 26 CAST REVEAL!  (Read 4408 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
CBS 26 CAST REVEAL!
« on: January 20, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »
CBS ANNOUNCES THE CAST OF THE NEXT EDITION OF “THE AMAZING RACE”
For the First Time Ever, the 10-Time Emmy Award-Winning Series to Feature
All Dating Duos - Existing Couples and Singles Set Up On “Blind Dates”

[/size]Racers Include New Kids on the Block Member Jonathan Knight and
Olympic Medalists Aly Dudek and Steven Langton

[/size]New “Date Night” Reward Is Introduced

[/size]Click Here to Meet the Teams[/url][/u]

[/size]

[/size]“The Amazing Race” Kicks Off with a Special 90-Minute Premiere on
Wednesday, Feb. 25 at 9:30 PM, Following the Season Premiere of “Survivor”

[/size]The Race Travels to Its Regular Time Period on Friday, Feb. 27 at 8:00 PM

[/size]CBS announced today the 11 teams racing around the globe for the opportunity to win the $1 million dollar prize, on a special season of THE AMAZING RACE. This season will feature 11 new teams of all dating duos with a twist: six who are preexisting couples, and five duos who will meet for the very first time at the starting line when they are set up on the most extreme blind date ever. THE AMAZING RACE rounds out a night of reality television when it premieres with a 90-minute episode on Wednesday, Feb. 25 (9:30-11:00 PM, ET/PT), following the premiere of SURVIVOR (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The Race moves to its regular time period on Friday, Feb. 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT). Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

[/size]“Usually we have people who know each other really well. In this particular case, we have five blind dates and six regular dates,” said Bertram van Munster, Co-Creator and Executive Producer of THE AMAZING RACE. “Going on a blind date to a restaurant is one thing, but going on a blind date around the world is like rolling the dice in a big way,”

[/size]The preexisting dating teams traveling around the world include New Kids on the Block member Jonathan Knight and his partner Harley Rodriguez, and Olympic medalists Aly Dudek and Steven Langton. Dudek won bronze at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics in short track speed skating and Langton won two bronze medals at the 2014 Sochi Olympics in bobsledding. Those being set up on the blind dates of a lifetime include a Navy physician and a registered nurse and two lawyers.

[/size]The couple’s relationships will be tested right from the starting line as they navigate a muddy obstacle course before jetting off to Tokyo, Japan. The course will continue through Bangkok, Namibia, Monaco, and more, spanning five continents, eight countries and more than 35,000 miles.

[/size]The dating teams will also have an opportunity throughout the race to win the all-new “Date Night” reward. This allows one lucky couple to enjoy a one-on-one romantic activity, such as a steamy evening at a hot springs resort in Nagano, Japan, or star-gazing at the Bavarian Public Observatory in Munich, Germany.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
Re: CBS 26 CAST REVEAL!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 12:07:24 PM »
DateNight reward?  ???

I feel like this season would be the perfect set up for "The elimination station" to comeback. Maybe as a second timeslot to air the next day...

Also 90 Minutes Premiere :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 12:07:38 PM »
The Video!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0UJZBABgWiw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0UJZBABgWiw</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 12:36:40 PM »
I'm now really excited!

Rochelle & Mikey <3

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 12:56:44 PM »
Excited!
Phil: "For the first time in Amazing Race history we will be matching ten singles" ; Me: "And I hope it's the last." xDD

At the moment, I don't like the mobile phones on the race... no, no, no!

Rochelle & Mike <3 (They seem funny. Rochelle is the new Rachel? xDDD)
Matt & Ashley <3 (They seem funny)
Tyler <33333333 (God, he's super cute!! :$)
Jenny <3 (So beautiful)
Jackie <3 (I think she will be so natural and funny)

Btw, it seems that everyone have a nice future, a nice job, and there are some famous/semi-famous... Stop please, I want normal students, grannies, farmers... People who needs the money, and I bet they can make an awesome race with them. :D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:15:25 PM by Hysha »
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 01:39:02 PM »
You will note that, also for the first time ever, Bert and Elise make an appearance in the cast reveal video normally just done by Phil.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 01:44:26 PM »
Bertram has been in it several times, this might be the first for Elise.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 04:40:19 PM »
Excited!
Phil: "For the first time in Amazing Race history we will be matching ten singles" ; Me: "And I hope it's the last." xDD

At the moment, I don't like the mobile phones on the race... no, no, no!

Rochelle & Mike <3 (They seem funny. Rochelle is the new Rachel? xDDD)
Matt & Ashley <3 (They seem funny)
Tyler <33333333 (God, he's super cute!! :$)
Jenny <3 (So beautiful)
Jackie <3 (I think she will be so natural and funny)

Btw, it seems that everyone have a nice future, a nice job, and there are some famous/semi-famous... Stop please, I want normal students, grannies, farmers... People who needs the money, and I bet they can make an awesome race with them. :D

Why is it always about the money and not the experience? I'd still want to do the race even if their wasn't a cent of prize money.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 04:47:36 PM »
Excited!

Why is it always about the money and not the experience? I'd still want to do the race even if their wasn't a cent of prize money.

As would I
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »
Jeffrey of the blind daters says the experience of the racing is worth more than the prize.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 09:34:48 PM »
Well you only see 1:20 of an interview so we only see what they let us see tbh

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 09:38:12 PM »
We'll see how this season goes, but I actually like the teams so far