Author Topic: RTV Competitions (Suggestions?)  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Takeshi19

• RFF Newbie
RTV Competitions (Suggestions?)
« on: April 06, 2015, 08:13:29 AM »
Hey all! I'm new here. I've been a constant lurker though in the TAR forums last season and now. First of all, I do apologize to the moderators if this was in the wrong subforum, I can't seem to find the right subforum to post this.

Anyway, hi! I really love watching Reality TV Competition shows (just finished Capture 2013). I could say I'm slowly becoming a Reality TV Competition Show nerd as I love watching them the whole day. Basically, I was hoping if someone can suggest me some good RTV Competition shows.

I'd like to watch something different, unique. Not talent shows (The Voice, AI, Got Talent, So You Think You Can Dance, etc).
Something that users can actually engage in (Whodunnit, The Mole)
A format that has a general outline but is different in each episode (Such as Whodunnit, general outline, person dies, they solve the crime, etc but is presented differently each episode.)
I also like something that uses mental strength as well.

Here are some shows that I watched:

Whodunnit (Still hoping for season 2 even though it's been long way due.)
The Mole (Only watched AU Season 6 or was it 5)
Capture
Next Top Model
TAR
Masterchef AU/US
King of the Nerds
Beauty and the Geek Australia
The Quest
Treasure Hunters

That's all I can remember so far (though I do think I've watched more, just can't remember, I guess)

So as you can see, aside from Masterchef, Next Top Model, the other shows that I watched have something unique in them.

As much as some people loved the ff, I don't think it's in my alley (no offense to fans, of course)

Big Brother
Survivor
Talent Shows that involve Singing and/or Dancing

Also, I would love if the shows recommended aired when HDTV/widescreen has been around. I mean, it just adds more to the experience of watching. :)

Thank you so much in advanced!  :)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: RTV Competitions (Suggestions?)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 08:15:03 AM »
Hey Takeshi19! Welcome to RFF! :hrt:

I would recommend the recent season of Celebrity Apprentice, even if you hate Donald Trump (I do), it's an amazingly entertaining show.

International versions of The Amazing Race are good too!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: RTV Competitions (Suggestions?)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 09:22:10 AM »
The Dutch Mole Seasons we have were great, all subtitled here!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.