Author Topic: BB winner Mike "Boogie" reportedly arrested for threatening Dr Will Kirby  (Read 3092 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
UGH:

The report goes on to state that CBS wanted Boogie and Dr. Kirby to appear on a new season of The Amazing Race. Malin was in for it, but Kirby wasn’t interested. That reportedly set off Malin.Allegedly, Malin began sending “disturbing” text messages to Kirby that ended with him being blocked. Then, Malin reportedly began sending threatening e-mails that included pictures of a gun pointed at the screen and also photos of Kirby’s nine-year-old son and six-year-old daughter

Read more here:

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/reality-tv/big-brother-winner-mike-boogie-malin-reportedly-arrested-for-threatening-dr-will-kirby/

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 08:14:15 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
While this definitely could be a possibility, the article about Will Kirby & Mike Boogie was about them being contacted for TAR 31.

In approximately 2017 (or 2018) CBS contacted will and Mike to see if they would be on another reality show call "The Amazing Race" as a team. Will declined and Mike became enraged because this meant that he wouldn't be on the show either.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tDSIIdtmUEpRRMLns8jE1kMwdHXU2o5P/view
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 09:59:53 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This was for 31. The events happened in 2017/2018

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This was for 31. The events happened in 2017/2018

Yes. BUT "The investigation is still ongoing as the next court date is scheduled for July 2020."
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
When I saw this elsewhere I wasn't surprised by Boogie's actions.

I know Will talked about doing TAR while in the BB7 house but not with Boogie... with Janelle.  At that time, I would have loved seeing them do it together.  But time moves on and so has Will... 2006 was a lifetime ago for some of us! 

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Wow. That's scary stuff. I hope it ends well Dr. Will and his family. TAR probably dodged one there. I can only imagine what might have happened if someone U-turned a team with Boogie on it and got them eliminated from the race.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Didn't Boogie run into some trouble again a few years ago, but for something else completely different?

Anyway, hopefully Will and his family stay safe and thank goodness they weren't cast on TAR31. The three BB teams we got were best case scenario.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
They were a popular duo at one point. SO sad to see someone go downhill like this.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
Didn't Boogie run into some trouble again a few years ago, but for something else completely different?

Per Wikipedia:
Several of the [BB2] HouseGuests came under fire for having previous arrest records. Mike "Boogie" Malin had been arrested for filming footage of the then-unreleased film Batman & Robin (1997), receiving five misdemeanor charges.

I believe he also ran into bankruptcy trouble with his business ventures some years ago.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
They were a popular duo at one point. SO sad to see someone go downhill like this.

Their popularity as a duo disappeared after All-Stars. Which was like 14 years ago. And Dr. Will has moved away from the Chilltown persona and more into this elder statesman/veteran position in recent years.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Probably about the time I stopped watching lol.
RFF's Golden Rule: