Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 12 FINALE LIVE Updates, Commentary, & Party!  (Read 34569 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 12 FINALE LIVE Updates, Commentary, & Party!
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2014, 10:51:07 AM »
Let's have a victory lap!  :conf:

I love it too!

Anyway, here are my rankings of the legs and the teams:

Teams:

1.  Amy & Maya!  Especially Maya, what with her hyperactive and excited reactions!  That always made my day!  And since I love all-female teams, I was rooting for them to win!  When they did, I was cheering!

2.  Adam & Bethany.  As someone who lives with a disability of my own (Asperger's Syndrome), I liked Bethany's being able to compete with those who weren't disabled and still beat them!  I also liked the fact that she & Adam were so calm and relaxed for the most part.

3.  Kym & Alli.  They were a lot of fun.  Unfortunately, they took a risk and it didn't pay off for them.  I wish they had outlasted Brooke & Robbie or even Misti & Jim.

4.  Dennis & Isabelle.  I would have loved this team to go farther since they were superfans of the Race.  Alas, it wasn't meant to be, thanks to falling behind at the Detour and problems with the punting.

5.  Michael & Scott -- I wasn't too fond of them at first but they grew on me and I sympathized with them for the injury that gave them such a hard time on the third leg.

6.  Keith & Whitney -- I didn't mind them too much but they made the mistake of getting into an argument with Shelly & Nici so when they struggled with the Detour and Shelly & Nici didn't, that was it for Keith & Whitney.

7.  Misti & Jim -- I liked Misti.  I didn't like Jim so much, especially on the first four legs.  But at least they were humbled.

8.  Lisa & Marie -- they didn't last as long as I might have liked them to.  But they wouldn't have lasted too long anyway.

9.  Tim & Te Jay -- so-so team.  I wasn't too fond of them but I liked them more than the teams below them.

10.  Shelly & Nici -- their dynamic was pretty bad!  But at least they gave me some funny moments.

11.  Brooke & Robbie -- just go away!

Legs:

1.  Final leg -- it had it all for me!  Self-driving, my least favorite team out, getting the chance to be an action hero, a challenging final task and my favorite team winning!

2.  Singapore -- I loved this one as well.  It too had a challenging Roadblock plus a tough Detour (I'd have avoided the massage task out of fear that it might be painful) and a great Fast-Forward!  Too bad that Kym & Alli were eliminated.

3.  Denmark -- I loved this one as well.  It had a challenging ARI and best of all, it had the Dentists humbled!

4.  Italy -- I love go-karting and I enjoy opera.  What else could I ask for?

5.  Malta -- the Roadblock was so cool and the Blind Detour was challenging!  I would have picked the Gostra but then switched when I saw what I had to do!

6.  Morocco 1 -- very challenging Speed Bump and a great Detour choice!  But the Roadblock isn't my cup of tea and I wished the Dentists had been U-Turned!

7.  Virgin Islands -- it wasn't the best-designed leg but I enjoyed the Roadblock and the flashback to the very first season (which I began watching towards the end and was my introduction to The Amazing Race).

8.  Philippines 1 -- my favorite part was the flashback to Colin and his broken ox!   :funny:

9.  Philippines 2 -- I was so glad when Amy & Maya were told to keep racing.  Other than that, it was so-so.

10.  England -- I liked the punting and the marching of the guard but it just wasn't memorable enough for me.

11.  Scotland -- mediocre.  Sorry, but it's true.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »
What is amazing is they stayed there 4 to 5 hours AND THREE TEAMS STILL FINISHED / TRIED to complete it at almost the same time. It may be editing, but it's just nerve wrecking to see Amy get her clue, then Bethany runs up to try to complete, then Misti. Then while the container is slowly descending, the other two girls are getting their numbers checked.

AND THEY GOT IT WRONG. Then Amy and Maya scooted off to finishing line... and I still cannot believe they are in the lead, then Misti got it, THEN BETHANY GOT IT. Then all three teams to the pitstop even though it was clear Dentists or Scientists are taking home the win.

It was so surreal. And heck, HOW DID AMY AND MAYA STAY AT THE TOP PACK THROUGHOUT THIS EPISODE? It's like a sudden leash of unfulfilled potential all fulfilled within the last leg.

They were not even ANYWHERE near the mid-point elimination. -_- LOL

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »

OMG THIS soooo much!!!! ^^^

As for the episode, what a great finale.  One of the best we've had in quite a while, and the Memory Challenge just seemed crazy difficult.  5 Hours says it all!!!

Amy & Maya winning was fantastic, though I did spoil myself with the spoilers so I had a fair idea they were going to get it.  I feel annoyed with myself now, because it would've been amazing not knowing the outcome.  It's very rarely a team I love wins, (Uchenna & Joyce and BJ & Tyler are the only 2 that come to mind) so it's such a great feeling when it finally happens again.   :bounce

Brooke started to annoy me this leg, with her constant negativity towards the Scientists, but I guess that's too be expected.  I'd probably be the same.  :lol:

Also, Misti & Jim went from being possibly my most hated team to one of my favourites the entire season.  They were great racers, and although editing over exaggerated Jim's intensity to the Max, he seems like a genuinely nice guy and never got upset or angry with Misti when she fumbled in the earlier RB's.
Having said that I'm glad they didn't win just so the Season didn't have a predictable winner.  Misti & Jim for the next All Stars Please!  :hrt: 

As for Adam & Bethany, they we're still very boring for me.  I know most people love them, but I think out of the Final 4 (even the Final 7) they would've been the worst winners for me, which I don't really like saying.  Having said that I have a serious amount of respect for Bethany.

On a whole this is one of the best seasons we've had, probably the best since 18.  I'm just hoping 26 doesn't drag the show back down to TAR 24 level.  :groan:
I'm super happy with any F3 team to win the race. So any one of them win the race would be a win-win situation for me TAR 25 as one of the best season and finale.  :cmaslol

I agree that Adam & Bethany are quite boring in the race, but they are the fan favourites of TAR 25. (Go hunuhbun  :kisses)
So I would expect to see them in AS3 or UB2 along with Misti & Jim and Kym & Alli, plus Brooke & Robbie and Shelley & Nici if TAR 26 and beyond didn't have many All Star team than the TAR 25.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »
IMO, there should be 90 minute finales, so that final legs can be made more epic (they could fit one or maybe even 2 more tasks :cmas18 ). But even still, it was an epic finale, with a very good result.

But then again, that's the same thing I said about premieres  :cmaslol
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2014, 09:07:59 PM »
Just get caught up with the finale, and I am beyond THRILLED that Amy and Maya won!  :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas51

My gut is wrong and I could not be any happier!!!

Them winning is the perfect outcome of the race. They're the least of the remaining 4 but that surely didn't put them out of the victory loop. Thank God for the F4 twist and that last task... Now, THAT is a MEMORY TASK! Their short term and long term memory were actually put to the test. I bet Adam and especially Jim are kicking themselves in the nuts wishing they were doing that Roadblock LOL

If it wasn't for the F4 twist then Jim and Misti probably would have won and that wouldn't be as thrilled cause I then would be "Yeah, I kinda see it coming"

At last, thank you for a great season!!! It makes up a lot of things from last season, especially the Cast! Hopefully Season 26 delivers as well! The preview certainly does.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2014, 12:22:16 AM »
I was happy to see this happen!   :cmas20

It has not been easy to sit on these shots for half a year.   :cmas26

So here they are:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2014, 12:24:23 AM »
 :cmas23
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2014, 10:27:37 AM »
I was happy to see this happen!   :cmas20

It has not been easy to sit on these shots for half a year.   :cmas26

So here they are:

So you knew for half a year that Amaya had won!  I'm so glad they won as well, especially once I saw Maya's behavior!  She was a real hoot!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »
How do you like that Phil recoil from absorbing all of Maya's momentum!    :cmas26

He later told the other Racers to come on up onto the mat but to watch out because Maya might LEAP on them too.   :cmaslol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2014, 03:22:01 PM »
overall a good season :js:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2014, 03:50:33 PM »
How do you like that Phil recoil from absorbing all of Maya's momentum!    :cmas26

He later told the other Racers to come on up onto the mat but to watch out because Maya might LEAP on them too.   :cmaslol

That was hilarious!   :cmaslol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2014, 10:54:09 PM »
awk Phil: I have a wife!
Maya: You are to be shared!

:cmaslol

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
Amy & Maya won!  AMY & MAYA WON!  I was hoping they'd win and THEY DID!  I'm on top of the world!

:xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146   :xmas146
Good early Christmas for me!  I was happy about that! :)

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2014, 09:57:33 PM »
Chateau, this is the spoiler part of the board.  Unless you were expressly told otherwise, why not just say who took it?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #164 on: December 28, 2014, 05:02:43 PM »
I did!

I did!   :cmaslol

Who else was known for JUMPING on people?   :cmas22

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2014, 07:16:05 PM »
Did the first Roadblock really take over an hour? It didn't seem like it could...
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2014, 07:39:46 PM »
I did!

I did!   :cmaslol

Who else was known for JUMPING on people?   :cmas22

True.  Maya's so hyperactive, she's probably the only one on that season that could have jumped on the mat -- and on Phil.   :cmaslol