Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 12 FINALE LIVE Updates, Commentary, & Party!  (Read 34586 times)

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 12 FINALE LIVE Updates, Commentary, & Party!
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2014, 09:06:22 PM »
This season was just so fantastic so super freaking deliciously awesome I am thrilled that my Candy Girls won!!!!  Just thrilled!!!! 

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2014, 09:17:38 PM »
Glad it is over. On to the next season

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2014, 10:05:03 PM »
It was interesting to me that the first half of the episode was focused exclusively on navigation, and the candy girls proved they learned from their mistakes and quickly looked for the most efficient way to find their destinations. The first Roadblock was just a flashy linear task, but I think its real purpose was to trick teams into blindly deciding who would perform the memory challenge. It seemed to affect B&A and M&J more, since they decided to burn the strongest mental racers who happened to be better at physical challenges as well. Indeed, the first Roadblock task was the point were teams should have decided who was least fit for the final challenge. Either the candy girls foresaw this or they were just lucky that the best at physical and mental challenges were different people.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »
As for the Secret Bachelor Race in February... :barf NEVER do "special edition" seasons.

The family edition was good IMO, so give TAR26 a chance. :cmas10 :xmas146

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2014, 10:19:42 PM »
Alright, I'm back. :xmas146

First of all, I have to say this is one of the best seasons in... I haven't watched all the seasons, maybe this is the best? :cmaslol

Oh I forgot to mention that the editing at the start with Phil not mentioning the eliminated teams' names was a bit meh to me. :cmaslol That's one of my favorite parts in the finale previously-ons of each season. :cmaslol

Nextly, the winners:  :cmas52 :cmas9 :cmas23 :cmas20 :cmas51 I'm rooting for any team, so win-win situation for me. :cmaslol

I'd rate this finale over the top. :xmas146 I just like how the F3 teams were equalized at the memory task. I'm also glad that the memory task returned after... a while. :xmas146

By the way, Amy & Maya, aside from being the 3rd FF team to win, are also the 4th team to win the final leg without winning a leg before that. :wohoo:

As for the teams, I can see any of them back for an all-star season. :cmas9 However, the ones I'd more likely want to see are #TheCyclists, #TheWrestlers, #MarriedDentists, #CollegeSweethearts. My top choices for all-stars are the first 2 I just mentioned. :cmas9

See y'all again for the next season. :cmas23 :xmas49 Don't be disappointed yet with the cast, because we have not seen every potential that is in that season. :xmas146

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2014, 10:32:33 PM »
Are Brooke & Robbie in good term after breaking their relationship? If not, I don't think they will be back  :cmas4

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »
Season was great
Overall
Leg 1 8
Leg 2 9 score increase from shelley and nici
Leg3 7 score increase from sheep
Leg 4 10 score increase from misti and jim
Leg 5 9
Leg 6 7
Leg 7 8
Leg 8 9 score increase from blind detour
Leg 9 10
Leg 10 8
Leg 11 9
Leg 12 9

Great season
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2014, 12:07:12 AM »
just watched the finale. Not very good finale but i'm happy Amy & Maya won. Congrats  :cmas26
They are my 2nd fav team this season after Kym and Alli.

I read many comments on Facebook. Many people upset because Amy & Maya won, most of them are Bethany's fans. They're asking why Amy & Maya didn't get penalty/speed bump for coming in last in previous leg. No offense, i like Bethany, but if Adam & Bethany were last in the penultimate leg, didn't get a speed bump, and finally won the race, i wonder what's their fans reaction.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:28:37 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2014, 12:14:21 AM »
just watched the finale. Not very good finale but i'm happy Amy & Maya won. Congrats  :cmas26

I read many comments on Facebook. Many people upset because Amy & Maya won, most of them are Bethany's fans. They're asking why Amy & Maya didn't get penalty/speed bump for coming in last in previous leg. No offense, i like Bethany, but if Adam & Bethany were last in the penultimate leg, didn't get speed bump, and finally won the race, i wonder what's their fans reactions.

Hmm... Maybe like:
- OMG congratulations Adam & Bethany
- Thank God there's no penalty for you, so you can win
- Thank God you're still in it/not eliminated
- You're so inspiring
- and anything like such as... :cmas19

Anyway, congratulations to Amy & Maya! They've done a good job! :cmas9 :cmas52
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2014, 12:21:19 AM »
Amy & Maya were my pre-race favorites and it was absolutely amazing to have pre-race favorites to not only deliver, but also win! This was easily the best TAR winner in years, Amy & Maya are probably number two next to Flo & Zach  :cmaslol

:cmas9 :cmas9 :cmas9

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2014, 01:28:36 AM »
I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY WITH AMY AND MAYA OR ADAM AND BETHANY WINNING.

And when towards the end I found myself cheering for Amy..........

OH MY GOD. MY TRUE LOVE LIES WITH AMY AND MAYA <3333

And zomg, I WAS JUMPING UP AND DOWN. The last time I did was when Uchenna and Joyce won. THAT WAS 18 SEASONS AGO. :'(

THIS IS AMAZING.

I CAN'T CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2014, 01:37:48 AM »
And gosh, can we all give more credit to Amy? Almost everyone thinks she's pulling the team down but... ZOMG, she was amazing!

In any case, Adam and Bethany not winning means we will see them for Allstars, definitely... SO... <3333

There was no way they were going to call back Amy and Maya for Allstars so I'M JUST GLAD THEY WON.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2014, 01:39:58 AM »
One of the few finales where I was excited with the winners. Last time prior to this season was the Beekmans, and before that was Uchenna & Joyce. A great end to a great season.

Kym & Alli and Misti & Jim to make All-Stars 3 please

or Lisa & Michelle and Dennis & Isabelle to be on a redemption season (lol)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2014, 01:42:24 AM »
:cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol @ THERE ACTUALLY BEING 5 LEG-WINNERS THIS SEASON IDK WHY THIS MAKES ME HAPPY BUT YEAH

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2014, 01:43:28 AM »
:cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol @ THERE ACTUALLY BEING 5 LEG-WINNERS THIS SEASON IDK WHY THIS MAKES ME HAPPY BUT YEAH
That moment when all the leg-winners are in the top 5. :cmaslol
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2014, 01:43:47 AM »
I just want to see the Final 5 minus Amy and Maya on TAR: Unfinished Business 2. It will be epic to see Kym and Allie, Misti and Jim, Adam and Bethany and Brooke and Robbie race again.

This is my most favourite final 5 EVER in any season of The Amazing Race! I would be fine with ANYONE winning. Yes, even Misti and Jim!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2014, 01:49:32 AM »
OH, I also want to add that the self-driving for the first part of the finale is SUPER DUPER LOVE. THIS FINALE HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO GOT THE BEST CABS. It's everything based on your own ability plus there was a MEMORY CHALLENGE. <3

Sucks that Brooke and Robbie didn't get to do the FINAL 2 Roadblocks. And gosh, did they go to the Finishing Line together with Phil? :cmaslol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2014, 02:32:52 AM »

I read many comments on Facebook. Many people upset because Amy & Maya won, most of them are Bethany's fans. They're asking why Amy & Maya didn't get penalty/speed bump for coming in last in previous leg. No offense, i like Bethany, but if Adam & Bethany were last in the penultimate leg, didn't get speed bump, and finally won the race, i wonder what's their fans reactions.

Hmm... Maybe like:
- You're so inspiring

:funny: :funny: :funny: That is so predictable. At least we'll be able to see them in all-stars if they are invited or accepted. :xmas49 Unlike, Amy & Daniel of TAR21, who were eliminated early for a bad cab. :cmas4

Edit: Thanks for the correction! :cmas16
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:28:29 AM by Platrium »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2014, 02:36:41 AM »

Hmm... Maybe like:
- You're so inspiring

:funny: :funny: :funny: That is so predictable. At least we'll be able to see them in all-stars if they are invited or accepted. :xmas49 Unlike, Amy & Daniel of TAR20, who were eliminated early for a bad cab. :cmas4

You mean TAR21 ^^

We need to accept that no way all the people will agree with any winner. Even if Adam & Bethany won, someone will go and say something like this season they cut a lot of Roadblock to make it easier for Bethany, the surfing FW...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2014, 02:59:43 AM »
Amy and Maya were consistent throughout, and as with the wrestlers and misti and jim, had a lucky break with a KOR/NEL.

PLUS, it's not like they arrived LAST at the final Roadblock and then took home the win like Josh and Brent. They were FIRST for the FIRST RB, first to reach the tower, third to complete the rescuing task but that's because they were just SECONDS behind Misti and Jim, but still reached the memory challenge in 2nd/3rd place.

I'm actually happy that people are arguing about this season, because it means people CARE and their hearts were really rooting for a particular team to win. And tbh, 33.3% out of a 100% chance of your favourite team winning is crazy. I had 66.7%, so I was a tad bit luckier... LOL

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2014, 03:41:00 AM »
Wouldn't be my favourite season of all time, but I really enjoyed watching this one. Would be in my top 7 or 8, I'll have to rewatch to determne just how high! It's good to have a season I would re-watch right away, haven't had that since TAR 18 (waiting for the hate but that was a crazy race IMO)

However, did anyone else feel like the final 4 elimination was a little bit average? I feel for Brooke and Robbie not only because I like them, but because they got like 'semi eliminated'. It didn't really feel like an actual elimination, more just a 'stop racing'. I hated the whole "you missed your shooting time" thing as well. Does anybody else reckon it would be better to have a proper mat elimination? It could easily be just to the side of a challenge or something, but at least then it would have an elimination feel to it.
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2014, 04:10:07 AM »
^^ I feel you. Brooke and Robbie's elimination was messy. I would have hoped for a mat at least! Or you know something like a bonus- you're eliminated, but now you get a private charter helicopter to the finishing line! Off you go!

That would have been... More enduring to watch.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2014, 04:43:54 AM »
I'm so happy!! Third F/F winners! Amy & Maya deserved to win this! YAY! :D :D :D :D :D

However, the people who says Amy & Maya had to make a SpeedBump because they were last on the last leg... they know how is a continue-racing leg or a super leg? In those legs they never had a SB. :/
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2014, 06:02:33 AM »
Let's have a victory lap!  :conf:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2014, 09:38:10 AM »
Oh I forgot to mention that the editing at the start with Phil not mentioning the eliminated teams' names was a bit meh to me. :cmaslol That's one of my favorite parts in the finale previously-ons of each season. :cmaslol

OMG THIS soooo much!!!! ^^^

As for the episode, what a great finale.  One of the best we've had in quite a while, and the Memory Challenge just seemed crazy difficult.  5 Hours says it all!!!

Amy & Maya winning was fantastic, though I did spoil myself with the spoilers so I had a fair idea they were going to get it.  I feel annoyed with myself now, because it would've been amazing not knowing the outcome.  It's very rarely a team I love wins, (Uchenna & Joyce and BJ & Tyler are the only 2 that come to mind) so it's such a great feeling when it finally happens again.   :bounce

Brooke started to annoy me this leg, with her constant negativity towards the Scientists, but I guess that's too be expected.  I'd probably be the same.  :lol:

Also, Misti & Jim went from being possibly my most hated team to one of my favourites the entire season.  They were great racers, and although editing over exaggerated Jim's intensity to the Max, he seems like a genuinely nice guy and never got upset or angry with Misti when she fumbled in the earlier RB's.
Having said that I'm glad they didn't win just so the Season didn't have a predictable winner.  Misti & Jim for the next All Stars Please!  :hrt: 

As for Adam & Bethany, they we're still very boring for me.  I know most people love them, but I think out of the Final 4 (even the Final 7) they would've been the worst winners for me, which I don't really like saying.  Having said that I have a serious amount of respect for Bethany.

On a whole this is one of the best seasons we've had, probably the best since 18.  I'm just hoping 26 doesn't drag the show back down to TAR 24 level.  :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....