Author Topic: Luckiest Teams of TAR  (Read 62683 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Luckiest Teams of TAR
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:33:39 PM »
After thinking through what happened in Leg 11 of TAR25, I think that twists really become unpredictable, and the team spared in that situation was very lucky. :reindeer Aside from that though, TAR is a game of luck at times. Some are lucky to arrive in the F3, while some are eliminated by some bad luck.

Here are some of my examples:

TAR21: Beekman Boys: Survived several legs at the bottom with a NEL, a 4H penalty, and a delayed flight, but later on won the race.

TAR22: CaroJen: Beat the firefighters in a canoe race in the 1st leg, and later managed to survived (usually at the bottom) until the Final 4, but were called back for a 2nd try around the world in TAR24.

TAR23: Tim & Marie: They were risking not to use their EP after knowing that they were way behind other teams in Leg 3. Lucky for them, Marie predicted right that there was a team behind them.

TAR25: Brooke & Robbie: Normally at the back of the pack for the earlier legs of the race. They somehow caught up towards the end of each leg.

TAR16: Louie & Michael: They were at the back of the pack for most times in earlier legs and were almost eliminated in Leg 2. They won some legs in Europe and got to the F4.

Who else do you think is an extremely lucky team? :cmas23

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
Re: Luckiest Teams of TAR
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 08:47:46 PM »
After thinking through what happened in Leg 11 of TAR25, I think that twists really become unpredictable, and the team spared in that situation was very lucky. :reindeer Aside from that though, TAR is a game of luck at times. Some are lucky to arrive in the F3, while some are eliminated by some bad luck.

TAR21: Beekman Boys: Survived several legs at the bottom with a NEL, a 4H penalty, and a delayed flight, but later on won the race.

TAR22: CaroJen: Beat the firefighters in a canoe race in the 1st leg, and later managed to survived (usually at the bottom) until the Final 4, but were called back for a 2nd try around the world in TAR24.

TAR23: Tim & Marie: They were risking not to use their EP after knowing that they were way behind other teams in Leg 3. Lucky for them, Marie predicted right that there was a team behind them.

TAR25: Brooke & Robbie: Normally at the back of the pack for the earlier legs of the race. They somehow caught up towards the end of each leg.

TAR16: Louie & Michael: They were at the back of the pack for most times in earlier legs and were almost eliminated in Leg 2. They won some legs in Europe and got to the F4.

Kami & Karli, TAR5.
Uchenna & Joyce, TAR7. (mainly in the finale)
Dan & Andrew, TAR13.
Maria & Tiffany, TAR15.
Andy & Tommy, TAR19.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:37:30 PM »
Jaime and Cara in TAR14 (on making it to the finale)
Gary and Mallory in TAR18
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 10:47:09 PM »
A bathroom break saved jamie and cara.
sometimes a bathroom break can be your saving grace to stay in the race :cmas16
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 04:57:07 AM »
A bathroom break saved jamie and cara.
sometimes a bathroom break can be your saving grace to stay in the race :cmas16

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 05:27:31 AM »

Some of things you listed here I don't think they're luck. Like always in the bottom but survived doesn't mean that they got luck, they just did it better than other teams.
Like Brooke & Robbie, how did you say they get luck? They're back in the top by themselves (do the later tasks quickly). I said they got a lot of bad luck: always have problem with finding taxi, losing first place lead due to luck task (ox is broken), won the leg without any prize and get eliminated in final leg (if there is no final 4 twist, they still have a chance to cover back to the top, maybe but no, they will get eliminated).

Offline LFelix

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 09:02:53 PM »
BJ & Tyler and Beekmans. I think they are the biggests examples of a luck team.

Country Singers in TAR 24.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 09:17:42 PM »

I wouldn't say they were usually at the bottom. I feel they were mid-pack throughout most of TAR 22 and always at the top or at the very bottom in TAR 24 :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 11:12:29 PM »
Consider Amy & Maya as one. :xmas146 They were almost eliminated in Singapore, and they were spared with the Leg 11 twist. :cmas16

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 07:45:15 AM »
Uchenna and Joyce [TAR7]: If the plane had not *mysteriously* gone back to pick them, then Rob and Amber would have easily won, and that would have been the first time that the first flight to the final destination was significantly ahead of the subsequent flights. [TAR5's different flights from Calgary to Dallas weren't too far apart to give Chip and Kim a very significant advantage I guess.]

Eric and Danielle [TAR11]: Not sure if this is true, but Eric and Danielle got lucky when Dustin and Kandice encountered an issue with their safe at the challenge in the Old Mint, and Eric and Danielle gained a crucial advantage from that.

Flight Time and Big Easy [TAR15]: Extremely lucky that Mika did not want to complete the water slide task, and this allowed the Globetrotters to survive another 5 more legs. >___> I suppose they would still have been invited back on TAR18 and TAR24 anyway, since they were popular with the NBA fans, and you could justify them taking far too long at the unlocking briefcase task to be a legitimate reason to call them back on Unfinished Business.

Meghan and Cheyne [TAR15]: Apparently, the lady counted Brian's and Erika's chips wrongly and delayed them, allowing Meghan and Cheyne to pull off the miraculous comeback [last at the roadblock but the first to leave].

Jaymes and James [TAR21]: Fortunate to outrun Rob and Sheila to the pit stop.

Beekman Boys [TAR21]: James and Abba got eliminated because of the lost passport issue. Beekman Boys would certainly have not survived the Russian legs, especially with the 4 hour penalty.

Amy and Maya [TAR25]: Timely non-elimination on Leg 11 allowed them to proceed to the last leg, and they took full advantage of it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:33:53 AM by Genius »

Offline meekaelaela

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 09:46:02 AM »
Tammy and Victor in Romania? If Brad and Victoria made that flight, they would have been done.

Hello! This is my first post! :)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 09:50:44 AM »
Tammy and Victor in Romania? If Brad and Victoria made that flight, they would have been done.

Hello! This is my first post! :)

:hiya :welcome2: to the R.F.F.!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 11:18:51 AM »
Jaymes and James [TAR21]: Fortunate to outrun Rob and Sheila to the pit stop.

I have  very fitting sporting quote about this. This was said by Ingemar Stenmark to a journalist who just had asked him if he did feel lucky since he had just won again. The response was "I don’t know anything about luck but I know for sure that the more i train the more luck i get "

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 11:33:59 PM »
Uchenna & Joyce got lucky twice, because they also needed money to check in at the starting line.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 11:18:36 PM »
Only the winning teams got lucky I think... in some way or another

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 05:50:47 AM »
Tbh all winning teams are lucky in some way

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 07:30:36 AM »
Tbh all winning teams are lucky in some way

Kinda agree. Most of them are somewhat being saved by NELs or other team unlucky situation and penalty or even a twist (Eg. 4 teams in final leg), some of them are lucky in final leg. (Eg. Flight delayed, EZ Pass, Flour throwing in Helicopter, )
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 05:29:53 PM »
Dave & Connor are lucky Dave stepped in a hole in the sand, otherwise, they would have never been invited back for All-Stars and somehow won it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 01:45:48 AM »
Dave & Connor are lucky Dave stepped in a hole in the sand, otherwise, they would have never been invited back for All-Stars and somehow won it.

Yea, don't think they stood a chance with TAR 22... thought that it was Bates and Anthony race to lose.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 05:39:42 AM »

Yea, don't think they stood a chance with TAR 22... thought that it was Bates and Anthony race to lose.

Well, if they did not get injury back there, they might still have enough luck to win though. We've just never known.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 07:56:40 AM »
For the U.S. original, I will have to say Caroline & Jennifer had the most amount of luck, finishing either dangerously low or surprisingly well at the Pit Stops and on the course. Hadn't Matt & Daniel's canoe capsized, the Twinnies' miscommunication at Canton Tower, and Jet & Cord's generosity for giving them the second Express Pass, they would have been kaput.

But as a franchise, Lucy & Emilia from TARAus2 is the luckiest team ever. :luvya:
L1: Saved by Ross & Tarryn's Salvage Pass
L2: Saved by Adam & Dane's penalty
L3: Saved by Teresa struggling at the Panna Meena ka Kund RB
L4: Saved by Kym & Donna's navigation fiasco (Note: L&E detained by Arab police) :faint:
L5: Saved from non-elimination by Ross & Tarryn and James & Sarah struggling badly at the mosque symbol RB
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2015, 08:03:36 AM »
For the U.S. original, I will have to say Caroline & Jennifer had the most amount of luck, finishing either dangerously low or surprisingly well at the Pit Stops and on the course. Hadn't Matt & Daniel's canoe capsized, the Twinnies' miscommunication at Canton Tower, and Jet & Cord's generosity for giving them the second Express Pass, they would have been kaput.

But as a franchise, Lucy & Emilia from TARAus2 is the luckiest team ever. :luvya:
L4: Saved by Kym & Donna's navigation fiasco (Note: L&E detained by Arab police) :faint:
L5: Saved from non-elimination by Ross & Tarryn and James & Sarah struggling badly at the mosque symbol RB
I'm not sure if any other team can even beat them in luck! If TAR was purely a luck-based game, they would be at the finish line while the other teams are at least a leg behind :lol:

Has anyone even mentioned Kami & Karli yet? Those two girls are also really lucky!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2015, 08:06:10 AM »
Here's Lucy & Emilia's were track record :) BTW, I already typed this when you guys posted.

Leg 1: They were last, but saved by the Salvage Pass from Ross & Tarryn
Leg 2: Saved by Adam & Dane's selling-personal items penalties.
Leg 3: Saved by Sue & Teresa breaking down at the stair counting Roadblock
Leg 4: Got detained by police in Dubai for driving into royal grounds, but were saved by Kym & Donna getting very very lost.
Leg 5 - 6: Nothing of note really, but two teams (James & Sarah and Ross & Tarryn) quit the symbol column Roadblock, giving the sisters some cusion.
Leg 8: The one leg they were actually good at (running in front of the pack alongside Paul & Steve and Michelle & Jo), was oddly cut, setting the pit stop a flight away in Cuba, dropping the sisters to 5th.
Leg 9: Saved by James & Sarah's money troubles and missing the HoO opening.
Leg 10: Luck ran out :( , and were eliminated.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2015, 08:10:34 AM »
Here's Lucy & Emilia's were track record :) BTW, I already typed this when you guys posted.

Leg 4: Got detained by police in Dubai for driving into royal grounds, but were saved by Kym & Donna getting very very lost.
Leg 5 - 6: Nothing of note really, but two teams (James & Sarah and Ross & Tarryn) quit the symbol column Roadblock, giving the sisters some cusion.
Leg 7: The one leg they were actually good at (running in front of the pack alongside Paul & Steve and Michelle & Jo), was oddly cut, setting the pit stop a flight away in Cuba, dropping the sisters to 5th.
If they didn't have to go to Cuba to end Leg 7, Lucy & Emilia would've had a top 3 finish! I wonder if they would've kept their lead after that leg, though...

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »

Leg 8: The one leg they were actually good at (running in front of the pack alongside Paul & Steve and Michelle & Jo), was oddly cut, setting the pit stop a flight away in Cuba, dropping the sisters to 5th.

Have to agree with CaroJen. ???

As for the TARAus team, I knew the results shown in Wikipedia were very suspicious. :funny: It's hard to beat their luck.