Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 11 SHOW updates and commentary!  (Read 21072 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 11 SHOW updates and commentary!
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2014, 08:01:25 PM »
That twist is part of my wishlist!!! Final Elimination and F4 in Finale!!! (One of my first few posts in RFF)
 :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:
 :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:
 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
 :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2014, 08:02:17 PM »
I LOVE THIS <3

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2014, 08:05:46 PM »
Now we know why TAR 26 finished filming before this week's episode. (The teams on TAR 26 wouldn't have any way of knowing that the twist was first used this season.

Talk about twists on twists. Gotta love it, though. A KOR pit stop is certainly harder than a one hour pitstop between the last two legs a few seasons ago.
-- theschnauzers

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2014, 08:06:07 PM »
SUCH A GREAT LEG! <33333
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2014, 08:06:39 PM »
Now we know why TAR 26 finished filming before this week's episode. (The teams on TAR 26 wouldn't have any way of knowing that the twist was first used this season.

Talk about twists on twists. Gotta love it, though. A KOR pit stop is certainly harder than a one hour pitstop between the last two legs a few seasons ago.

When was there a one-hour pitstop?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2014, 08:08:09 PM »
There was an 11th leg that ended in Osaka that one season; teams were actually departed for the final leg in the U.S. before all the teams reached the pit stop.

Edited to add: It was season 20.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:16:14 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2014, 08:08:44 PM »
LEG 11 (Philippines) EPISODE ANALYSIS
BETTER TITLE QUOTE: "RePhil" - Jim :funny:
"Crash", "point shot", and "breathtaking" are slang terms that can wholly characterize this penultimate Leg's power. Leaving the Naic rice fields, the teams head back into the city life of Manila unready to compete against the streets. As high stakes are increasingly popular, we are introduced with a new race-changing twist claiming a FINAL FOUR FINALE! Now how shocking is that? Guess we will find out more about the surprise along with the peculiar manila folder next week. :)

SPEED BUMP: (Roadside Assistance)
Brooke & Robbie had to transfer the cargo of a buggy driver onto the roof of a new buggy to continue racing the standard route. Short and concise side-task, but this Speed Bump wasn't precisely unique to the Philippines nor Manila in general and I enjoy SBs which feature a cultural value to the visited region. Sufficient to say the least.
SPEED BUMP SCORE: 7.8/10

DETOUR: (Nothing but Net or All but the Brakes)
In Nothing but Net, teams had to score a total of 21 points in street basketball to receive their next clue. Adam & Bethany and Brooke & Robbie made this task very ebullient with the stunning 2-point shots by Adam and Brooke respectively. It is a fun task to watch, yet challenging if one is not experienced dipping into basketball knowledge. In All But the Brakes, team had to navigate a padyak through a 4-lap course in under the allotted time to receive the next clue. Amy & Maya and Misti & Jim sped through this task - but not without smashing into people and property. A cool task to do in person with plenty of action.
DETOUR SCORE: 10/10

ROADBLOCK: (Who is cuckoo for coconuts?)
In this Roadblock, one member from each team had to deliver sets of coconut products (brooms and husks) to three different intersections in exchange for a receipt. After turning in the receipts to the merchant will teams receive ther next clue. I did not expect this task to be overwhelmingly challenging, even exhausting Amy to the brink of collapsing like Margie in Thailand. With teams not noticing the paper on the jeepney, overheating, and dealing with language barriers, this happened to be an awesome task.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 10/10

OTHER SCORES:
TEAM DEVELOPMENT: 10/10
TEAM DRAMA: 8/10
EDITING: 10/10
SOUNDTRACK: 9/10
PIT STOP CONFIGURATION: 10:10 (Finally, back to normal!)
FINAL 4?!: 8.5/10 (That kind of crossed the line, but interested in how everything will play out in L.A. considering how shell-shocked I am, lol)
BASKETBALL BOSSES: 11/10
OVERALL: 9/10

See all of you next week for the SEASON FINALE + leaving for a TAR retrace adventure in less than 12 hours of the end of the finale!

<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2014, 08:12:55 PM »
Oh snap what a shocking twist!!! Now it all makes since why all four teams were spotted at the LAX airport in the final leg wow, Amy and Maya would have gone home tonight if Phil hadnt told them to keep racing thank goodness this season is awesome!!!  :hearts:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »
With that twist, I think this is one of the best penultimates for me. :hearts:

Love the detour, and the roadblock, and the teams' mistakes, and the whole leg! :hrt:

I think this is also the 1st time they have 2 NELs (the other being a KOR) in one country with 2 legs. :oh

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2014, 08:25:44 PM »

Love the detour, and the roadblock, and the teams' mistakes, and the whole leg! :hrt:

I think this is also the 1st time they have 2 NELs (the other being a KOR) in one country with 2 legs. :oh
Switzerland TAR3
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2014, 08:58:01 PM »
I remember back when many people insisted that Brooke & Robbie were not in the final when only three other team visually spotted in Narita and the guy look like Robbie was just a cameraman lol

Offline TheWorldIsWaiting24

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2014, 10:55:58 PM »
Does anyone know or have any ideas about how they were able to film the interviews that they showed at the end of this episode? There was no pitstop where the teams were all at the same place and had some down time, and since they were all wearing the same clothes they wore this past leg, I highly doubt that after half of each team sweat through the roadblock, they would leave the same clothes on for another leg. Maybe interviews at an airport if there was time? Although it looked like they were on the top of some building. Any thoughts?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2014, 01:03:07 AM »
wow @ Brooke and Robbie overcomed the 4th place N E L
surprisingly become the 2nd team to overcome a speed bump and come in  first

i personally think this is much more difficult than the cowboys'
as they are staying in the same city while the cowboys flew to another country to start the leg :hug?:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2014, 01:55:42 AM »
The other teams making mistakes got Brooke & Robbie go from worst to first. :funny: Very lucky I say.

Overall, I say this season is amazing! :colors :conf: :hearts: Can't wait for the final leg.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2014, 02:00:57 AM »

Switzerland TAR3

Hmmm... ??? Can't remember watching the whole season. :lol: But yeah, it's been a while since they had something like that. :hrt:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2014, 03:06:20 AM »
The cowboys now have competition

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2014, 03:11:56 AM »
YES BROOKE AND ROBBIE WON THE LEG YESSSSSSS!!!!
Put those cowboys' record to the ground!!!!
This leg didn't even have an equalizer,

And thank god for the twist!!! It literally spared Amaya from doom! If they end up not getting eliminated in the middle of the final leg.. :funny:
I bet either The Wrestlers, The Dentists, or The Surfers would put shame on the twist

Amy was so right. Just because you're a female-female team doesn't necessarily mean you need to rely on the other teams. Yes! I am talking to you Caroline and Jennifer!!! I bet if the dentists were the ones spared because of the twist a lot of us would complain LOL!

Manila rocks! I am certainly looking forward to an LA leg. <3

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2014, 03:55:12 AM »
Oh my God, I was so angry and sad for Amy & Maya, but now they are on the final leg!! :D Go Amy & Maya and Adam & Bethany!! <333
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2014, 04:04:26 AM »
I am so glad Amy and Maya were the ones arriving last on this leg. Otherwise, we would not have the joy of watching Maya's epic reactions on the mat LOL! Even that pit-stop greeter lady was laughing at her. Phil must have had a hard time keeping himself together delivering his lines watching her.
:funny:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2014, 05:17:18 AM »
WOW... this leg is so intense, probably the best penultimate leg. Didn't see that coming.
So glad Amy & Maya racing in the final leg  :yess: :hrt:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2014, 06:50:17 AM »
The confession on this leg taking place on a production hotel in Makati (the city located southeast of Manila city proper) with overlooking skyscrapers, see each videos at the CBS Insider Videos thread.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 06:58:27 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2014, 11:13:48 AM »
That's really not fair. Even Jaime & Cara got a prize back in TAR 14.

Budget cuts or something?

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2014, 11:14:22 AM »
Brooke Adams ‏@RealBrookeAdams  36m36 minutes ago
No “@alexwilpon: @RealBrookeAdams @RobbieEImpact did you guys win a prize for coming in first on this leg? #thewrestlers #AmazingRace”
One of the Insider Videos also say that they didn't get a prize.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2014, 07:05:12 PM »
Loved the episode, loved the season so far
10/10

This season had lots of memorable moments and episodes.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2014, 12:25:57 AM »
Brooke Adams ‏@RealBrookeAdams  36m36 minutes ago
No “@alexwilpon: @RealBrookeAdams @RobbieEImpact did you guys win a prize for coming in first on this leg? #thewrestlers #AmazingRace”

That's really not fair. Even Jaime & Cara got a prize back in TAR 14.

Yes, That's really not fair. I feel bad for them although they are not my fav team this season. How come they didn't win a prize for coming in first? They worked so hard from worst to first. Dave & Connor won a prize on KOR leg (Christchurch to Bali)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:05:54 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »