Author Topic: TAR 25 FINALE! EP 12 "All or Nothing"  (Read 30494 times)

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
Re: TAR 25 FINALE! EP 12
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 04:22:51 PM »
What were the 20 cities I only got 14

New York
St. Thomas
London
Oxford
Aberdeen
Lerwick
Copenhagen
Malmö
Marrakech
Palermo
Valletta
Singapore
Manila
& LA

Scalloway, Scotland might be included in the city count, even though it's only a small town of ~1000 people.
Amizmiz, Morocco might be counted as a city, as it is a town with ~10,000 people.
The municipalities of Rosario and Naic might also be counted in the city count, even though they're a part of the Manila Metro area???

That's 18 if we include those. I think WRP might include small and/or obscure towns to inflate the city count   :cmaslol
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »
What are the envelopes for?  Are they a random elimination like by the luck of the draw?

Why would an elimination EVER be random?

The envelope probably has some route info or something that can only be opened in LA.
Maybe it's something like the boxes/chests from the TAR 24 finale.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 25 FINALE! EP 12 "All or Nothing"
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 08:29:56 PM »
FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, FOUR TEAMS START THE FINAL LEG AND COMPETE FOR THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE,
ON THE SEASON FINALE OF “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, DEC. 19

"All Or Nothing” (Los Angeles) – For the first time ever, four teams battle it out in the final leg for the million dollar prize,
but one team will face a shocking elimination before making it to the finish line,
on the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 09:28:34 PM »
What I meant but did not verbalize was that do 3 envelopes say perhaps "go right" and one says "go left" and that these were handed out randomly?  No worse a thought than others that have bee expressed here over the years.
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 09:36:45 PM »
What were the 20 cities I only got 14

New York
St. Thomas
London
Oxford
Aberdeen
Lerwick
Copenhagen
Malmö
Marrakech
Palermo
Valletta
Singapore
Manila
& LA

Scalloway, Scotland might be included in the city count, even though it's only a small town of ~1000 people.
Amizmiz, Morocco might be counted as a city, as it is a town with ~10,000 people.
The municipalities of Rosario and Naic might also be counted in the city count, even though they're a part of the Manila Metro area???

That's 18 if we include those. I think WRP might include small and/or obscure towns to inflate the city count   :cmaslol
Maybe they counted some of the towns in Malta?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 01:38:46 AM »
What I meant but did not verbalize was that do 3 envelopes say perhaps "go right" and one says "go left" and that these were handed out randomly?  No worse a thought than others that have bee expressed here over the years.

Nope. Nada. The feds would have a hissyfit because of the rules that govern the show. I wish people would get it. TPTB cannot manipulate the competition in the way some have suggested ever since this twist became apparent. The only new thing is that the final elimination is taking place in the middle somewhere of the final leg, after some tasks, and before any final tasks on the way to the finish line. Thinking they're going to manipulate things somehow iis not gonna happen.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 03:03:47 AM »
I THINK that maybe the last team to finish the Candy glass jump could be the one eliminated. Or before...

We did not see a 4th team in the boats or the water and they are showing only 3 teams at the container...so it is def before those tasks...
which leaves only the drive to get a clue or the candy glass jump as the elim point. AND we did see Phil briefly at the Jump so that was either a stand up...or an elim.

Just my guess though....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 06:48:26 AM »

My guess on the envelopes (and that's all it is a guess) is that they're going to play into a clue that they get at some point after arriving in LA.  I could see them getting to a clue box and having the clue instruct them to open the envelope or having the person at a task asking if they have their envelope and then telling them to open it instead of giving them a clue.  It's probably some riddle, picture or map that they have to figure out on the fly.  If they opened it at the airport or wherever before getting on the plane that would have given them the chance to find a computer to try to figure it out which would take the fun out of it for us.  Of course there is an equally likely, if not greater, possibility that I'm completely off base and it's nowhere even close to any of that.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 08:15:30 AM »
Regarding the final elimination. They could borrow and adjust an idea from TARAU3 and have a memory task on the final flight. Teams would get a written test about the race to complete while airborne. The team with the worst result is eliminated when they land.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »
I think the manila envelope has something to do with the Candy Glass Jump. I noticed they are wearing a satchel when they jump. Seems like a good think to hold that envelope.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 08:20:59 AM »
I THINK that maybe the last team to finish the Candy glass jump could be the one eliminated. Or before...

We did not see a 4th team in the boats or the water and they are showing only 3 teams at the container...so it is def before those tasks...
which leaves only the drive to get a clue or the candy glass jump as the elim point. AND we did see Phil briefly at the Jump so that was either a stand up...or an elim.

Just my guess though....

I think the shot of Phil was at the Swim Task location.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 09:33:02 PM »
Preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BdJ_iJwDQNg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BdJ_iJwDQNg</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 09:34:43 PM »
That preview very clearly spoils Brooke & Robbie's elimination.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2014, 09:43:07 PM »
And last episode's preview which shows Broobie bringing every team down. Time for epic major fail. Weird that they are not focusing on the Dentists being the arrogant and confident ones eh..? :cmaslol

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2014, 10:23:15 PM »
Thanks for the promo. This is the surfers driving north on PCH away from the airport.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »
My guesses :

1 - The Manila envelope contains the place where Phil will eliminate the 4th place team.
OR
2 - The Manila envelope must be opened to help/describe/something to do with/ the final task?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2014, 11:07:07 PM »
Thanks for the promo. This is the surfers driving north on PCH away from the airport.

The view is to the north but they are driving south! 

They are crossing Century Blvd.  Which is odd considering you can't get there from the LAX terminal parking!   :cmas18
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2014, 11:15:17 PM »
This shot is one of the Final 3 headed to the mat at Point Vicente Lighthouse.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2014, 11:19:36 PM »
It's Official!

Look who came in 4th! :cmaslol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 12:31:35 AM »
 :cmas15 And if CBS doesn't mind spoiling it, guess we can stop feeling guilty?? :cmas5
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2014, 12:32:07 AM »
Preview CAPS! Part 1

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2014, 12:33:24 AM »
PART 2! (Only did new material)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2014, 01:20:40 AM »
This picture Shows the LA City Hall on the right.

So maybe our spec about Manhatten Beach City Hall is wrong and they DO go here? That could be the official business.

The only prob is we didn't think (based on our sightings) that they had TIME to get there...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2014, 01:46:57 AM »
At least we know the memory task (#43).

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2014, 02:26:12 AM »
At least we know the memory task (#43).

It's a cool memory task from the looks of it! Also would the glass jump be a roadblock?
It's Clobbering Time!