Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates and commentary!  (Read 17370 times)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates and commentary!
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2014, 02:36:01 AM »
NO ROADBLOCK IN PHILIPPINES? I TAKE OFFENCE !!!!

I think the ox switchback can make it as Roadblock since we only saw Brooke, Adam, Amy and Jim was do the ox plow. Too bad it was an ARI. :lol:

The Wrestlers sadly hit a final 4 speed bump next leg, even after a preciously great lead. :'(

Now I don't want to take a guess around, but history does speak for itself on how a team that hit a speed bump in final 4 always ends up. Hmm hmm?!

Your history is start from TAR16. Below is the Speed Bump in F4 since the Speedbump inception in TAR12
TAR12 - TK & Rachel (make Final 3)
TAR13 - Dandrew (make Final 3)
TAR15 - Brian & Ericka (make Final 3)
TAR16 - Louie & Michael (EL)
TAR17 - Nick & Vicki (EL)
TAR21 - Twinnie (EL)
TAR23 - Afghanimals (EL)
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2014, 06:09:14 AM »
Just realized something: If Amy/Maya read the clue properly, would they have had a clear shot for 1st?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2014, 07:05:41 AM »
Just realized something: If Amy/Maya read the clue properly, would they have had a clear shot for 1st?

They didn't seem to waste much time, so I guess the answer is still a "No" :lol:

But OMG this episode, imagine Amy & Maya doing the "Candy Girls Jog" to the Finish Line in first <3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2014, 07:10:00 AM »
I adore them, but I believe Amy & Maya still would have gotten 2nd. They had trouble at the side-carriage assembly Detour.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2014, 07:20:15 AM »
I adore them, but I believe Amy & Maya still would have gotten 2nd. They had trouble at the side-carriage assembly Detour.

I do agree that they had trouble, but from what the teams said, the Scientists arrived almost immediately after the Dentists. If they got that extra 3-5 minutes (since they walked probably halfway and had to go back), would it have affected the ranks?

I feel like this should be in the What If section, but I'm just gonna continue it here. If need be, you can move it there.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2014, 08:01:21 AM »
YAWN at no RB for their precious Bethany again :res:
this

the producers may have changed several RBs to ARIs so that the lovable one-armed girl could succeed and continue to "inspire" us all
Leg 2: Punting RB --> Punting ARI (oh let's just make some wave a freaking flag and its an ARI! lololol)
Leg 3: Sheep herding RB --> herding ARI (one person did it in season 2, but let's have two people do it anyway because screw RBs)
Leg 10: ox RB --> OX ARI (Colin did it by himself, but this is the least solid of the three)
Additionally, a SURFING FF in Leg 9
I'm not saying the producers rigged this season for Adam & Bethany; but they're sure designed it so that IF she makes it far, she doesn't need to worry about doing too many RBs! I mean, really, its Leg 10 & Adam & Bethany have each done 3. The limit is 6 (or maybe 5 this season). It's ridiculous. Bethany has proven that she is quite capable with one arm, the producers don't have to make it easier for her.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 08:13:42 AM by Bookworm »
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2014, 10:24:13 AM »
The ox task is horrible and I don't know why the fields are in different sizes. Yes, we can call the wrestler the idiots to choose the biggest one but I think they should do it fair from the beginning to all the teams. It's still a luck task even if you manage to control the ox properly.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2014, 11:57:07 AM »

Not really. If they immediately got on the tricycle, they would probably finish the Detour in 2nd or 3rd (behind the wrestlers, probably the surfers). The thing is, since there were only 4 ponds available, Amy & Maya being last forced them into the pond where they found the clue quickly. If they were 2nd or 3rd, they could have chosen differently, and might have taken them longer or quicker.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »
Don't you think that the chat at the mat with Phil when all four teams were there seemed awkward? Phil asks who will be the winner and all we get is a weird look from the dentists and a declaration from Amy & Maya that they want to be another all girl team to win TAR? I don't like the editing of that - seems to me like scientists are next to be  eliminated or the winners. If any of that wouldn't be the truth it will be just odd to leave that conversation in the episode...

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2014, 10:28:25 AM »
Don't you think that the chat at the mat with Phil when all four teams were there seemed awkward? Phil asks who will be the winner and all we get is a weird look from the dentists and a declaration from Amy & Maya that they want to be another all girl team to win TAR? I don't like the editing of that - seems to me like scientists are next to be  eliminated or the winners. If any of that wouldn't be the truth it will be just odd to leave that conversation in the episode...

You may have something there.  I don't think that the scientists are next to be eliminated, so this could mean that they win!  I'd love it if they won!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2014, 03:34:49 AM »
Love the episode! :hearts: It wasn't the best, but it's still better than TAR24 in my opinion, or it could've been a leg in TAR24. Looks really good. :hrt:
~Awww for no roadblock, but the switchback made up for it. :conf:
~Both sides of the detour were good. :luvya: The fishing one would've been meh, but noting the factors that it's heavy, the water is so polluted, transferring the fish looks annoying, and more, the task was difficult enough. :conf: The easier one was slower, so the detour is just balanced imo. :)
~Yay switchback! :conf: :conf: :conf: Poor Brooke for picking the wrong pond.
~Maya talking about the jeepney was so funny. :funny: I like that! It's so memorable. :funny:
~Brooke & Robbie whining just makes me continue liking them. :funny:
~By the way, the ARIs that are speculated to be roadblocks can be done in one arm (I think). :umn:
~Now to hide some whining that I have to make:
Show content
If what I saw from the preview was correct, there's a place there where it is 2-3 minutes away from my house, and I wasn't at my house that time.
:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:
 :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2014, 10:09:47 AM »
Love the episode! :hearts: It wasn't the best, but it's still better than TAR24 in my opinion, or it could've been a leg in TAR24. Looks really good. :hrt:
~Awww for no roadblock, but the switchback made up for it. :conf:
~Both sides of the detour were good. :luvya: The fishing one would've been meh, but noting the factors that it's heavy, the water is so polluted, transferring the fish looks annoying, and more, the task was difficult enough. :conf: The easier one was slower, so the detour is just balanced imo. :)
~Yay switchback! :conf: :conf: :conf: Poor Brooke for picking the wrong pond.
~Maya talking about the jeepney was so funny. :funny: I like that! It's so memorable. :funny:
~Brooke & Robbie whining just makes me continue liking them. :funny:
~By the way, the ARIs that are speculated to be roadblocks can be done in one arm (I think). :umn:
~Now to hide some whining that I have to make:
Show content
If what I saw from the preview was correct, there's a place there where it is 2-3 minutes away from my house, and I wasn't at my house that time.
:gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:
 :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

That's most unfortunate for you.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2014, 11:04:21 AM »
Erm, I don't see how this race (with the exception of the surfing FF)  :funny: is unfair if Bethany has to do the other Roadblocks (repelling yo?) with one arm and still beat many teams.

I guess we just have to deal with it lol...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:14:26 AM by Jobby »

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2014, 04:17:52 AM »
Your history is start from TAR16. Below is the Speed Bump in F4 since the Speedbump inception in TAR12
TAR21 - Twinnie (EL)
TAR23 - Afghanimals (EL)

Funny I actually started watching tar around season 16 so I am not really fond of the season prior to that. But regardless, I was just pointing out that Brooke and Robbie would be at disadvantage by having a speed bump in the next leg. Statistically speaking, there wouldn't be so many teams that could fall behind with only a few left in the race. Add a speedbump into it, you get yourself a perfect leg scenario.  :funny:

and by looking at your list, the most recent 4 teams who had a speedbump in leg11 got the boot eventually. I don't necessarily think that the speed bump were the cause of most of their eliminations though.

It's just me. I was never really a fan of a NEL in final 4. It takes the suspense. I mean when you go from leg 9 to leg 10 with 4 teams left, well you kinda figure something out, right lol. So don't really bother.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:21:05 AM by Zachary »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2014, 06:28:55 AM »
TAR21 - Twinnie (EL)
TAR23 - Afghanimals (EL)

Funny I actually started watching tar around season 16 so I am not really fond of the season prior to that. But regardless, I was just pointing out that Brooke and Robbie would be at disadvantage by having a speed bump in the next leg. Statistically speaking, there wouldn't be so many teams that could fall behind with only a few left in the race. Add a speedbump into it, you get yourself a perfect leg scenario.  :funny:

and by looking at your list, the most recent 4 teams who had a speedbump in leg11 got the boot eventually. I don't necessarily think that the speed bump were the cause of most of their eliminations though.

It's just me. I was never really a fan of a NEL in final 4. It takes the suspense. I mean when you go from leg 9 to leg 10 with 4 teams left, well you kinda figure something out, right lol. So don't really bother.

I'm not a fan of F4 NELs either, but I think they have to do that to... maybe add the suspense on Leg 9? If TAR takes away F4 NELs, Leg 9 F5s will always be NELs, and I think the suspense is taken away too by that time.

As for the last 4 F4-NEL eliminations above... only TAR16's speedbump cost the team their race. The chances of having the speedbump eliminating the F4 team depends. ??? If their placement gets affected like Misti & Jim back in the Moroccan leg, then the speedbump is... effective. Tim & Te Jay's speedbump didn't make them fall to last, but it was a different task that kicked them out of the race. And IIRC, the last 3 F4-NEL eliminations were similar to what happened to T&TJ.

Anyway, if a speedbump made a team fall to last, then the speedbump would cost them the race. :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2014, 11:22:56 AM »
Tbh, I feel that this is the worst leg this season. A lack of a Roadblock, a proper pit stop and a lame bike recreating Detour.

The only thing which delivered was the fish Detour.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »
Tbh, I feel that this is the worst leg this season. A lack of a Roadblock, a proper pit stop and a lame bike recreating Detour.

The only thing which delivered was the fish Detour.
this
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2014, 06:30:11 PM »
TAR21 - Twinnie (EL)
TAR23 - Afghanimals (EL)

I'm not a fan of F4 NELs either, but I think they have to do that to... maybe add the suspense on Leg 9? If TAR takes away F4 NELs, Leg 9 F5s will always be NELs, and I think the suspense is taken away too by that time.

As for the last 4 F4-NEL eliminations above... only TAR16's speedbump cost the team their race. The chances of having the speedbump eliminating the F4 team depends. ??? If their placement gets affected like Misti & Jim back in the Moroccan leg, then the speedbump is... effective. Tim & Te Jay's speedbump didn't make them fall to last, but it was a different task that kicked them out of the race. And IIRC, the last 3 F4-NEL eliminations were similar to what happened to T&TJ.

Anyway, if a speedbump made a team fall to last, then the speedbump would cost them the race. :)
The detectives' speedbump @tar 16 costed them like.. 5 minutes to complete
worst speedbump ever

Twinnes' and afghanimals' speedbump didn't cost their race
they were eliminated by getting lost and struggling at the roadblock respectively

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2014, 02:18:27 PM »

You are just seeing a snippet in the show, you need to watch the whole Insider video.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.