Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates and commentary!  (Read 17365 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 25 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates and commentary!
« on: December 05, 2014, 06:11:59 PM »
 :conf: Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf: 

IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

SO!! If you are watching anything but an EST US feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  Other feeds may be way ahead of us.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time! 

Anyone breaking the rule is at BIG risk.  :browsie:

And NO future spoilers either! And NO spoilers ever in the Contestant threads either.

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be  HERE and will normally be put up about 20 minutes before show time.

Scheduling and delays will be posted HERE.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 10 SHOW updates and commentary!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »
Posting after 740PM is welcome!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 06:45:52 PM »
Hey guys. :waves: Excited for this week's episode! Then again, I'm excited for anything that's not studying for finals right now. :lol:

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 06:50:37 PM »
First time watching TAR25 live (I watched TAR24 live for some episodes, but wasn't really forum active back then.)

So hi there  :waves:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 06:58:12 PM »
Looking forward to the latest TAR 25 episode!  And I won't spoil anything -- though there wouldn't be much to spoil this week, most likely.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 07:02:13 PM »
Previously on The Amazing Race...

5 teams raced to Singapore. At a travel agency, Kym & Alli got the upper hand but in a fast forward showdown against Adam & Bethany, the cyclists wiped out.

Jim flipped out at the roadblock while the scientists lost their composure at the massage detour :lol:. The soul surfers won their 2nd leg in a row, and a lie from the wrestlers sent the scientists astray...

But in the end, the cyclists couldn't recover from their Fast Forward gamble.

4 teams remain. Who will be eliminated next? Brooke: "I secretly want her to fall so we're first." :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 07:03:01 PM »
So excited!!! Phil, here we come! Will be typing up an after-ep. analysis tonight.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 07:10:58 PM »
Adam & Bethany depart 1st at 2:01 PM. Fly to Manilla, Philippines. Once there, they must pick up their next clue from a flower vender. Adam thinks they deserve to be in the top 3. Their confidence is a little shaken after their flight booking mess last leg. They get a flight out at 7:25 tonight which arrives at 11:00 PM on Singapore Airlines.

Brooke & Robbie depart at 3:35 PM. Robbie wants to go to the airport but Brooke wants to go to the travel agency. Brooke basically lists a bunch of their flaws, which includes not knowing what continent they're on most of the time. :funny: They get on the same flight.

Misti & Jim depart at 3:48 PM. They're going to the airport.

Amy & Maya depart at 4:27 PM. They say they're not much of a physical threat but they're an academic threat. :lol: Maya is calling a travel agency on the way to the airport in a taxi. They get on the same 11 PM flight.

Misti & Jim are at the airport asking for flights.

Amy & Maya going to get their tickets. Misti & Jim find out that flight was fully booked...

Amy & Maya ask the time Brooke & Robbie got to the pit stop. Maya says they got in an hour later. Brooke & Robbie manage to convince Amy & Maya that it was a misunderstanding? ??? Really bizarre.

Dentists don't get on the flight... What the heck. Wow. They're in last.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 07:12:37 PM »
First flight arrives. Brooke & Robbie get the first taxi. They don't know where the dentists are.

Adam & Bethany second.
Bethany: "How do you say hello in Filipino?"
Taxi Driver: "Hello!"

Amy & Maya 3rd.

Wrestlers find out that you have to pick up the clue from the flower vender at 6:30 AM. Wow dentists are lucky. Dentists arrive before 6:30.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 07:16:51 PM »
Teams getting their clue. Make your way to Rosario Municipal Plaza and find Salinas Specials for the next clue. Teams have to get on a jeepney. :lol: Maya talking about being immersed in the culture. <33333 She's so cool. "We should bring jeepneys to the states!"

Adam said it was like a limo. Robbie said it was like a limo... except nothing like it. :lol: Brooke can't handle the smell and she's gagging and stuff. Robbie with the title in a confessional.

Misti & Jim talking about seeing children in the middle of the street, just sitting there. :( So sad. They're emotional.

All teams looking for Salinas Specials. Brooke: "Smells like dog food." All teams just walking together lol and they all get the clue together.

Detour: Catch or Coach
Catch: Using a bucket, transport fish to the shore. Once they've filled 3 buckets (about 300 pounds), they will get their next clue.
Coach: Assemble a sidecar and properly mount it onto a motorcycle.

Everyone except wrestlers are doing coach.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 07:18:55 PM »
Amy & Maya got directions and they were told to walk. All other teams in rickshaws. Misti & Jim say that Amy & Maya might get a penalty for not taking a rickshaw? ???

Commercial.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 07:19:34 PM »
Brooke :lol:

The hilarious whining continues <3

Amy/Maya </3

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »
Were the teams supposed to walk or take a cab to the next location?  If the teams were supposed to walk, then Misti & Jim, Brooke & Robbie and Adam & Bethany might be in trouble.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 07:26:11 PM »
Amy & Maya realize that the clue said you have to take a motor tricycle... Oh dear. :groan: They run back and now they get a motor tricycle.

Brooke keeps talking about how nasty everything is. :lol: Ew her coughing is not super nice. :lol: They decided at the beginning to do physical challenges lol. They get into the water and walk along a rope. The waves are pretty crazy. Robbie held the bucket and Brooke put the fish in.

Dentists and surfers get to coach. Surfers pick a hippie-ish sidecar. :lol: Jim says this is pretty natural for him. Adam says he loves doing maintenance type stuff and Bethany said she was his assistant. :lol:

People cheering for Brooke & Robbie as they arrive on shore. By hands, they have to transfer the fish into another bucket. ROBBIE IS DOING THIS ONE FISH AT A TIME. :lol: Robbie doesn't like dealing with animals. This is really funny. :lol: Brooke's being a pro at this and Robbie's just transporting 2 fish at a time. :lol:

Amy & Maya arrive at coach.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 07:29:36 PM »
Amy said they're pretty good at putting stuff together. Maya: I don't know my tools very well. :lol:

Brooke & Robbie going for their second trip out. Robbie: "At least we're getting cardio today." They're having trouble with this because the fish are too heavy and then the waves making the fish fall out of the bucket. They're arguing because some fish spilled out of the bucket on shore. They're putting the fish into a bucket. Robbie thinks they need 2 more trips.

Misti & Jim think they're getting really close.

Adam tells Bethany to loosen a screw. Bethany: "I guess you could call me a girl..." :lol:

Maya put together a homogenizer for her research. "That's the ony thing I put together besides my wardrobe but that's got no tools on it." :lol:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 07:32:03 PM »
Brooke & Robbie continue transporting the fish.

Misti & Jim call for a judge. They talk to the camera guy and Jim thinks they're going to get approved but they don't. Incorrect shock installation.

Amy & Maya picked a tuk tuk with a cross necklace. Amy: "I don't think the Lord cares which tuk tuk we decide to build." :funny:

It's starting to rain. Brooke & Robbie need to make more trips because of the rain. Wow tough detour.

It's pouring rain at the other detour now too. Bethany: "I'm just going to put on this thing because I think it's easy." :funny:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 07:35:06 PM »
Misti & Jim getting another check. But still not good.

Brooke & Robbie transporting fish into the bucket... Robbie thinks they got it... Robbie is telling a story about handling fish because he used to have a goldfish. :lol: "I know the fish are dead but they're happy with the way I'm throwing them into a bucket." WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING? :funny: They finish the detour in 1st. Proceed to Naic Rice Fields.

Adam & Bethany finish the detour in 2nd!

Jim has no idea what's wrong. Their shock is still wrong. Jim: "Almost Copenhagen all over again."

Commercial.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »
Misti & Jim getting another check. But still not good.

Brooke & Robbie transporting fish into the bucket... Robbie thinks they got it... Robbie is telling a story about handling fish because he used to have a goldfish. :lol: "I know the fish are dead but they're happy with the way I'm throwing them into a bucket." WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING? :funny: They finish the detour in 1st. Proceed to Naic Rice Fields.

Adam & Bethany finish the detour in 2nd!

Jim has no idea what's wrong. Their shock is still wrong. Jim: "Almost Copenhagen all over again."

Commercial.

Hope Amy & Maya finish the cab before Misti & Jim manage to install the shock correctly!  I still think it's an NEL but I'd rather have Misti & Jim do the Speed Bump than Amy & Maya.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »
And that is the team who came to the race saying they would break Dave & Rachel's record...
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2014, 07:41:34 PM »
Back at coach and Jim's still trying to figure out what's wrong... And he realized he forgot to connect the shock.

Amy & Maya are getting a check... It's not good. They don't think the seat's tight enough.

Brooke & Robbie realize they're in first. They can't believe they're in first. :funny: :funny: :funny: They're so happy. "We're the pro wrestlers... We're never in first." :funny: Phil doing a live standup. Throwback to season 5 and MY OX IS BROKEN. :funny: :funny: :funny: Teams must use their ox to dig up their next clue buried somewhere in the mud.

Brooke says she is awesome with animals and Robbie isn't... :lol: Brooke picks the ox and their field. Brooke says she thinks their ox is about to poop... and it pooped. Brooke and Robbie's reaction is hilarious. :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2014, 07:44:20 PM »
Misti & Jim finish the detour in 3rd.

Robbie's basically not even doing anything and just following Brooke. Brooke thinks she saw a clue so they start digging... Robbie's just digging... "Is all of this ox poop?" :funny:

Adam & Bethany arrive at the oxes.

Robbie: "Cement, clay, ox poop... I believe that is what we're strolling through." OMG BROOKE PICKED THE LARGEST POND? :groan: :groan: :groan:

Adam & Bethany start. I think Brooke & Robbie's ox pooped again. :lol:

Amy & Maya finish the detour in last.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2014, 07:46:50 PM »
Once you choose a pond, you can't switch. Brooke picked the largest one. :groan:

Misti & Jim arrive. Amy & Maya here now. Everyone's here...

Misti & Jim get into the mud. Jim doesn't know how to control his ox. Maya can't even walk in the mud. Brooke's mad that everyone's here. Robbie's just digging through the mud. :lol:

Commercial.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2014, 07:47:28 PM »
Is this going to be TBC?
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2014, 07:47:44 PM »
This episode is so awesome. Not as good as last week's, but still good.

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2014, 07:48:09 PM »
Come on surfers!!  Make it to the final 3!