Author Topic: TAR 25 Ep 11 "Hooping It Up" (Philippines)  (Read 11540 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 25 Ep 11 "Hooping It Up" (Philippines)
« on: December 05, 2014, 05:57:37 PM »

ON THE PENULTIMATE LEG OF THE RACE, TWO STRONG TEAMS MAKE A POTENTIALLY ONE MILLION DOLLAR MISTAKE, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, DEC. 12 ON CBS“Hooping It Up” (Manila, Philippines) – On the penultimate leg of the Race, two strong teams make a potentially one million dollar mistake. Also, Phil Keoghan greets the teams with shocking news at the Pit Stop, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

Title find thanks to Claude!

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:13:15 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 25 Ep 11 "Hooping It Up" (Philippines)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 05:57:48 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 05:58:05 PM »
No posting except for Oval
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
Leg 11:  Manila, Philippines

FILM DATES:  June 21
AIR DATE: December 12

ROUTE INFO:   Travel by jeepney to Rajah Sulayman Park in Malate

ROUTE INFO:   Unknown
SPEED BUMP:  Unknown

DETOUR A:       Shoot 21 points in a 2-on-2 basketball match

DETOUR B:       Participate in a 'padyak rally' throught the streets of Manila

ROUTE INFO:   Divisoria Market
ROADBLOCK:   Deliver husks & walis tingting to three vendors

ROUTE INFO:   Corner of Pedro Gil and Vasquez St in Malate

PIT STOP:       Baluarte de San Diego, Intramuros

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:21:30 PM by ovalorange »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 06:06:18 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 06:06:30 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 06:06:49 PM »
ready for Alenaveda!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 06:09:36 PM »
Preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mnXpLIZ6aXs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mnXpLIZ6aXs</a>
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:36:36 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 06:10:15 PM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:20:08 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »
Second part of the caps!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:24:01 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 11:37:59 PM »
A leg in the city of Manila area, and being Filipino I love on the city.

Oh, a basketball Speedbump in the streets of Manila, with one girl wearing PWU (Philippine Women's University) jersey shirt. The Roadblock in Manila's Chinatown at the Binondo district.

Dirk posted in the Second Half of the Season Preview thread posted with images seen from #37-40:
The building on #16 is
New Millennium Evangelical Church.

#17 is Malvar St. corner Pilar Hidalgo Lim St. and the building on the background is Victoria de Manila.

37-39 is Millennium Evangelical Church as Dirk mentioned the location, while 40 is Victoria de Manila, the tall building.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:54:21 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 11:41:56 PM »
PRESS RELEASE IS FINALLY UP

“Hooping It Up” (Manila, Philippines) – On the penultimate leg of the Race, two strong teams make a potentially one million dollar mistake. Also, Phil Keoghan greets the teams with shocking news at the Pit Stop, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 07:25:22 AM »
PRESS RELEASE IS FINALLY UP

“Hooping It Up” (Manila, Philippines) – On the penultimate leg of the Race, two strong teams make a potentially one million dollar mistake. Also, Phil Keoghan greets the teams with shocking news at the Pit Stop, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)

Sounds like Adam & Bethany and Misti & Jim make the mistake -- but I'm not sure it's going to matter.  But I wonder what the shocking news is.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 02:19:30 PM »
Press pics are out:

Hooping it Up"-- In Detour A, teams must play a game of two on two with a local basketball team. Once they reach a score of 21, they will receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT
     --surfers
     --Wrestlers

"Hooping it Up"--In Detour B,teams must participate in a padyak rallt throught the streets of Manila on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec. 12

--Dentists

Hooping it Up"-- Sweet Scientists Maya (left) and Amy (right) must make their way through the Philippines in search of the next clue

"Hooping it Up"--teams must travel by Jeepney to Rajah Sulayman Park in Malate, Philippines in search of the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

Hooping it Up"--teams make their way to the Divisoria Market in Manila, Philippines on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday

"Hooping it Up"--In this Road Block, Wrestlers Brooke (left) and Robbie (right) must deliver coconut husks and traditional Philippine brooms to three designated vendors in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec. 12

Hooping it Up"--At the Detour Decision Point, Surfers Adam (left) and Bethany (right) must choose between "This" or "That" on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Dec. 12

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 09:00:52 PM »
Sneak peek!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AvCM4pqSIqU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AvCM4pqSIqU</a>

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 10:33:14 PM »
omg at Amy... I knew something looked wrong with her in caps 11-13. I hope she'll be okay.

I hate seeing Amy suffering from so much pain/incidents. Has a team/team member ever suffered this much (physically) on the Race before? Idk, from the leg injury she's had all Race to the cupping Detour to heat exhaustion to to the Roadblock with carrying those things to crashing that bike into the car... all of that better pay off in the end.

Anyway, at the part with Amy & Maya at the Pit Stop in the promo, is that bit of blue on the right the Dentists? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if these two teams were the top 2 again (with the Dentists winning again :res: ).

As for the "2 strong teams" making mistakes, I'm guessing it's the Dentists and Surfers, with 0 effect on the outcome.

And the shocking news... some type of twist? News about a team? News about a team's family (though I don't see why they'd have to reveal that to the teams...)? A production error? Final 4 racing in the finale? Ugh Friday come faster.

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 10:56:38 PM »
I think the "surprising news" could be a keep on racing leg. If you look closely at the photo of Phil with a team at the pit stop near the beginning of the thread (in the timeline), it appears Phil has one hand behind his back. The hand behind his back seems to be holding something that looks suspiciously like a clue envelope. As for the last team, I don't know if they are eliminated or not.

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 11:23:07 PM »
Keep on racing would suggest that this is a 13-leg race. Not gonna happen...

Offline mjharmstone

• RFF Jr. Member
    • You Are Team No. Podcast
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 05:54:07 AM »
It could be a Keep on Racing if they take the Latinoamerica style of occasionally eliminating teams on a KOR leg.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 06:08:09 AM »
This or That as Detour choices is just <333333

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 06:46:59 AM »
'This' or 'That' really made me laugh :funny: I'm guessing it's another Blind Detour, so if the locations of the two tasks are just street intersections, they would really have no idea what they would be. :)
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 06:50:22 AM »
I really hope that the "black girl crying" at the Pit Stop is because Amaya win the leg
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »
Second preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8ider2WumTI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8ider2WumTI</a>

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 09:26:06 AM »
I think I know what the "million dollar mistake" is, we see Misti/Jim and Adam/Bethany getting in cabs, doesn't the clue say to go by Jeepney? :P

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 10:38:19 AM »
I think I know what the "million dollar mistake" is, we see Misti/Jim and Adam/Bethany getting in cabs, doesn't the clue say to go by Jeepney? :P

If the clue says that they had to go by Jeepney, then yes, that's the "million dollar mistake".  But I think they will recognize their error in time to avoid being eliminated -- though not in time for Misti & Jim to come in first, as I think Amy & Maya will earn their first leg win just in time to make it to the finals!