Author Topic: Final Leg : Evenly-Matched Odds to Win.  (Read 8423 times)

Offline LFelix

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Final Leg : Evenly-Matched Odds to Win.
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 11:02:11 PM »
w
Definitly NOT every season for TAR , Leafs , Mrds and ZBC.

Dandrew , Brian & Ericka , Brent & Caite , Brendon & Rachel (20) in my opinion had ZERO chances to get the million dollars in their seasons , and this was clear to all of us.

Wrong! You can't say that one team had zero chance of winning unless they were not running the Final Leg to begin with - one team does not have a heightened chance purely due to their performance in the last X legs; the Final Leg could be their Achilles Heel, and then they come unstuck at one specific task, and hence a team that didn't do so well in the first 11 legs could propel ahead and win.
Well,in TAR 1 and 4,one team fell 1 day behind the other 2 and didn't have a slight chance of winning.
So,there's wasn't a 33%-33%-33% chance in EVERY TAR Finale.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 11:51:15 PM »
Definitly NOT every season for TAR , Leafs , Mrds and ZBC.

Dandrew , Brian & Ericka , Brent & Caite , Brendon & Rachel (20) in my opinion had ZERO chances to get the million dollars in their seasons , and this was clear to all of us.

Wrong! You can't say that one team had zero chance of winning unless they were not running the Final Leg to begin with - one team does not have a heightened chance purely due to their performance in the last X legs; the Final Leg could be their Achilles Heel, and then they come unstuck at one specific task, and hence a team that didn't do so well in the first 11 legs could propel ahead and win.

What i'm saying : nobody believed on them. Everyone guessed them to be 3rd. And they were. The whole season they never did anything that wasn't surviving. And reached the final leg without that fire on their eyes.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 09:17:56 AM »
In TAR14, pretty much the final 3 has a chance of winning.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 11:14:41 PM »
I think 9 was pretty even, as well as 17
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2014, 05:42:59 AM »
I think 9 was pretty even, as well as 17

I agree on 17 but don't agree on 9. BJ & Jyler and Eric & Jeremy have higher chance to win than Ray & Yolanda.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2015, 04:54:05 AM »
Gotta add 26 to the list. Only Mike & Rochelle (who got booted in 4th anyway) that I think might had lesser chance to win. The F3 is so strong as all of them win at least 2 legs in the season and it's anyone game. (The placement shift all the time until the very end)

Though if only Hayley didn't miss the flag...  :'(