Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary! *UPDATER NEEDED*  (Read 20299 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary! *UPDATER NEEDED*
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2014, 10:44:51 PM »
First of all, Kym/Alli :torche

I don't exactly see Brooke/Robbie as dead to me? Sure Amy/Maya are my favorite team, but EVIL Brooke/Robbie just came out of nowhere and I love them even more now because their antics are hilarious especially Brooke :lol: It may be mean, but they are entertaining!

The episode was surprisingly fun considering a LOT of it was recycled from TARA. (the tightrope walk, the "go to one of four locations to find the clue" ARI, the Fast Forward) It shows how even though The Amazing Race can recycle tasks from other versions, the cast they choose could easily make it fun. (TAR24's Sewing in Sri Lanka is a perfect example of how much they could fail with this) The cupping Detour was surprisingly great too, it certainly brought back TAR14 foot massage memories :lol:

A very solid leg!

Cast Rank: I. Love. EVERYONE!  :hrt:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2014, 10:57:48 PM »
IDK why it happens to me but I feel that teams are zigzagging towards the place in Singapore even some point (Marina Bay Sands, Raffles Place, Fullerton Pavilion) are just neighbour to each other jugging on the background IMO.

Is there any Singaporean have any idea how near or far between the place for this leg?
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2014, 10:59:46 PM »
Did anybody notice The Fullerton Pavilion in the background of Merlion Park lol

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2014, 11:12:18 PM »
I feel like they don't even show the greeters saying "Welcome to _________" anymore... :(

According to one of the insider videos with Kym & Alli, the greeter for this leg is a former Racer - Melody or Sharon - from The Amazing Race Asia 1.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2014, 11:27:49 PM »
I feel like they don't even show the greeters saying "Welcome to _________" anymore... :(

According to one of the insider videos with Kym & Alli, the greeter for this leg is a former Racer - Melody or Sharon - from The Amazing Race Asia 1.

I think the pit stop greeter is Melody from TARA 1.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:40:27 PM by 91zycn »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2014, 01:50:51 AM »
Melody!! <33333333

Whooohoooo!

But Cyclists. :torche

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2014, 01:53:36 AM »
IDK why it happens to me but I feel that teams are zigzagging towards the place in Singapore even some point (Marina Bay Sands, Raffles Place, Fullerton Pavilion) are just neighbour to each other jugging on the background IMO.

Is there any Singaporean have any idea how near or far between the place for this leg?

Yep they are all within 10 minutes of each other without a crowded traffic.. As always with any Urban Singapore leg -.-

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2014, 01:54:24 AM »
My dilemma this leg, not sure if I preferred the cyclists or Amaya to stay. I love both teams... The entire final five is awesome. :'(

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2014, 02:14:11 AM »
This is one of those legs where the nature of the game hits the racers. I love it!

First, the whole u-turn plan! The default was to u-turn the cyclists. Everyone was on board. Then surprise! A fast-forward! And the cyclists are going for it. The default plan may not work now. So the front runners (Amy and Maya and Brooke and Robbie) established a new plan to U-turn one of the teams from the back (Misti and Jim and Bethany and Adam) along with the cyclists. This way, at least 1 team from the back will be pushed even more behind, just in case the cyclists actually won the fast forward. Amy and Maya did the surfers first (which I think is the right thing to do, considering you know they are behind). Little that they know the Surfers were actually the one with the Fast Forward LOL!. Then Brooke and Robbie refused to go along with the plan because their "mini accident" with Amy and Maya. Little that they knew u-turning the Cyclists would actually make their original plan work. LOL

Secondly, the fast forward. You gotta give Adam and Bethany credits for risking that move. That took a lot of guts, especially with at least three teams ahead of you. I would never go for a fast forward under that circumstance. Too much gamble to handle. And the fact that neither teams refused to let go of the fast forward is so great to watch. Something REALLY RARE that you get to see on the show.

Lastly, the "mini accident" between two front runners of the leg. Usually in past seasons, front runners of the leg tend to work together. Not this time lol. Well at least the cooperation was one sided. That was a bold move from the Wrestlers to lie but it didn't seem very well now that Amy and Maya actually survived lol.

And to think, in the beginning they all have one common enemy. LOL!

In the end, the cyclists were eliminated (as they planned), but Kym and Alli kinda brought it upon themselves. You want to blame them for going for the Fast Forward but you really can't because at that moment, the circumstance were actually in their favor. As matter of fact, we would call them making a dumb move if they didn't go for it. Ah the beauty of this game!

Looking forward to the Phillipines!

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2014, 07:53:58 AM »
i loved this leg but i can't stand the wrestlers now, esp Brooke  :knuckles:
Adam & Bethany clearly have the advantage at the fast forward
So sad Kym & Alli have been eliminated from the race  :'( :'(
I will mad if they are not picked by CBS for the next All Stars Season

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2014, 08:08:12 AM »
I love Brooke & Robbie. Without them, the ending of this leg would be so boring with Kym & Alli 100% going home. Yeah, maybe because I'm not really a fan of The Candy Girls so I don't really care if they got elimination instead of Kym & Alli.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2014, 08:08:50 AM »
If we complain enough, we might see them. :funny:

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2014, 08:09:32 AM »
Sad for Kym/Alli, but it was either them or Amy/Maya. (THANKS WRESTLERS!) :torche

Although I really don't blame them for leading the Scientists to the wrong direction. They at least added some spice to the leg's ending.

Also, the Pit Stop Greeter  :hrt:

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2014, 12:32:24 PM »

I think the pit stop greeter is Melody from TARA 1.

Yah that her, maybe cos the legs was reuse from TARA 4  :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2014, 12:33:16 PM »
I love Brooke & Robbie. Without them, the ending of this leg would be so boring with Kym & Alli 100% going home. Yeah, maybe because I'm not really a fan of The Candy Girls so I don't really care if they got elimination instead of Kym & Alli.

Also because of Brooke lie to Maya, we can see all the Merlion Statue from all the location  :funny: :funny:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2014, 03:29:16 PM »
All teams are delivering this season! I'll be happy with anyone with them winning

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »
I'll be with them and win! :funny: #typoawk #justkidding

I am very glad the Singapore leg delivered this time. A memorable task massage task, a chilling Roadblock, a failed U-TURN and a Fast Forward battle!

Thanks to Jim falling. Thanks to Brooke's lying. Thanks to Amaya cluelessness. Thanks to Adam and Bethany's perseverance. And sadly, thanks to Kym and Allie's epic Fast Forward failure.

I think many times, the teams make up a huge part of the race and I hope the casting team continue to remember that no matter how lame the tasks or countries are, the show will still deliver with great teams.

We do not need boring "first-time we failed and therefore we need redemption" teams like Jessica and John or Amanda and Kris. We do not need teams like Dave and Connor, who are undeniably a great team but just NOT fun to watch.

What we need is more Kent and Vyxsin, Brendon and Rachel, Caroline and Jennifer, Jaymes and James and Nadiya and Natalie type of teams. Teams who have a great chemistry, great rapport and able to communicate whether nicely or explode in times of dysfunctional moments (it gets people talking!). If you ever have to go for a sweet couple, I think Kris and Jon and Adam and Bethany are examples of these type of couple teams they should cast. All in all, the stars are aligned this season just like in TAR 14 when Margie and Luke and the all-female teams made it far.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2014, 12:40:39 AM »

What we need is more Kent and Vyxsin, Brendon and Rachel, Caroline and Jennifer Brook & Claire, Jaymes and James and Nadiya and Natalie type of teams. Teams who have a great chemistry, great rapport and able to communicate whether nicely or explode in times of dysfunctional moments (it gets people talking!)

Fixed  :waves:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2014, 01:15:37 AM »

What we need is more Kent and Vyxsin, Brendon and Rachel, Caroline and Jennifer Brook & ClaireNat & Kat, Jaymes and James James & Abba and Nadiya and Natalie Jamie & Cara type of teams. Teams who have a great chemistry, great rapport and able to communicate whether nicely or explode in times of dysfunctional moments (it gets people talking!)

Fixed  :waves:

Further fixed.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2014, 02:27:20 AM »
First of all, Kym/Alli :torche

I don't exactly see Brooke/Robbie as dead to me? Sure Amy/Maya are my favorite team, but EVIL Brooke/Robbie just came out of nowhere and I love them even more now because their antics are hilarious especially Brooke :lol: It may be mean, but they are entertaining!

The episode was surprisingly fun considering a LOT of it was recycled from TARA. (the tightrope walk, the "go to one of four locations to find the clue" ARI, the Fast Forward) It shows how even though The Amazing Race can recycle tasks from other versions, the cast they choose could easily make it fun. (TAR24's Sewing in Sri Lanka is a perfect example of how much they could fail with this) The cupping Detour was surprisingly great too, it certainly brought back TAR14 foot massage memories :lol:

A very solid leg!

Cast Rank: I. Love. EVERYONE!  :hrt:

I agree with everything here! :hrt:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2014, 02:39:57 AM »
I can't get this episode out of my head. :wohoo: :hrt: :conf: :colors :luvya:
~The new rule with the flights is not something I like or hate, but I like how it adds up as a new game changer to TAR. :hrt:
~The fast forward was so good with a 2nd team coming, It adds some suspense. :hrt: These types fast forwards should be seen in future seasons, not just some bungee jumping by getting to a tower first or not some fast forward clue popping out on a linear leg.
~The roadblock was good despite it being recycled from TARA4.
~The china cups detour was nice. :hrt: We finally got to see the other detour from TAR24 Leg 2. :lol: Candy girls shouting just adds up to the goodness of the detour. :luvya:
~On the other hand, the crab detour was nice as well. :hrt: The factor that added to that was the noise coming from the cymbals and flute. It was an awesome distraction IMO. :funny: Jim adding the whistle was just... :funny: :funny: :funny:
~What I like about the ARI is that it shuffled some placements; however, I think it was more of a luck task.
~I like how the Cyclists weren't U-turned. :hearts: Sadly though, they were still eliminated. :torche
~I like how the Scientists were leading. Too bad they had to fall behind.
~I like how the Wrestlers chose not to U-turn the Cyclists. Additional points goes to Brooke's evil lying. :hrt: I'm probably one of the few who like it. It added some suspense in a race for last against the Cyclists IMO. :hrt:
~I like how the Dentists don't get the all-serious edit anymore. Jim was having fun whistling along with the noise at the detour. :funny:
~I like how the Surfers took the risk at the FF. I didn't like how the Cyclists had to go home because of that though. :torche Oh well...
~Kym & Alli were such a fun team. I'm not gonna mourn about their elimination any further, but instead, I am hoping that they will come back for All-Stars! :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: They have to because they are such a fun team. All I hope is that they don't have to turn it down once they get invited.

I love the episode. :wohoo: :hearts: :conf: :colors :hrt: :luvya: :hoot: I still do not hate any team until now. (Weird I think)

Seriously, I want Kym & Alli for All-Stars! :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: I really hope they come back next time.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2014, 02:47:40 AM »
Anyway, for the new rule of flights, teams cannot try to get to earlier flights by waitlist or at the connecting airports anymore, right?

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2014, 05:09:07 AM »
i loved this leg but i can't stand the wrestlers now, esp Brooke  :knuckles:
Adam & Bethany clearly have the advantage at the fast forward
So sad Kym & Alli have been eliminated from the race  :'( :'(
I will mad if they are not picked by CBS for the next All Stars Season

^ Exactly the same.
Bring the Cyclists back for the next All Stars, please.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2014, 05:32:41 AM »
Finally watched the episode and gosh, Broobie are SO BADASS EVIL. <3

Amaya being GULLIBLE </3

Adam and Bethany winning Fast Forward <3

Kym and Allie being eliminated </3

Misti and Jim being calm and cool and finally not talking about how they want to win every leg <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2014, 08:21:43 AM »
Something random, but I can't believe they spent an entire leg running around downtown Singapore which included locations like Raffles Place and Clark Quay and nobody freaking saw them. :groan: :lala :gaah: