Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary! *UPDATER NEEDED*  (Read 20296 times)

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary! *UPDATER NEEDED*
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2014, 07:59:11 PM »
I love Amy and Maya but I cant believe they U turned Adam and Bethany such a waste, they should have u turned team teeth!!!

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2014, 07:59:23 PM »
We will miss you Cyclists! Great episode though!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2014, 07:59:35 PM »
I didn't realize until this episode that we have an EXTREMELY strong Final Five. Some may argue that Amy & Maya aren't really strong, but we've seen them get through the tasks quickly (but early in the race, they had navigation issues, but that's because they were self-driving legs...) and they can think strategically. Same goes to Brooke & Robbie, who didn't really do all that well until this leg (there was also Leg 4).

So someone had to go... and it was unfortunately the Cyclists :'( :'(

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2014, 08:00:34 PM »
I love Amy and Maya but I cant believe they U turned Adam and Bethany such a waste, they should have u turned team teeth!!!
The Save says hi
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2014, 08:01:40 PM »

What? They had the Save!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

MrDeerShank

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »

ofc that wouldn't have been a waste at all either . . .

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2014, 08:02:43 PM »
I officially hate Brooke & Robbie for lying to Amy & Maya and backstabbing them too.  Hopefully, they'll get karma!

See the preview for next week's episode. Karma bites them like you get a fish in your pants.

For people with PhDs, they are easily gullible. Not as street smart as Nat & Kat or Kisha & Jen.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2014, 08:03:00 PM »
Ugh that Merlion task was so stupid
All it accomplished was dropping Amy & Maya from 2nd to fourth. That's the third leg this season where Amy & Maya were second to finish the Detour/Roadblock but dropped to fourth or fifth en route to the Pit Stop....
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

MrDeerShank

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2014, 08:04:33 PM »
the task was to allow u-turned teams to catch up imo best ari of the season

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2014, 08:05:02 PM »
My Ox is broken switchback next week.  :hearts:  :yess:  :conf:
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary!
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2014, 08:09:02 PM »
LEG 9 (Malta --> Singapore) EPISODE ANALYSIS
BETTER TITLE QUOTE: "Cowabunga!" - Adam
In a breathtaking retreat from European territory to Asia, the teams experienced new tastes, new waves, and new heights shown throughout tonight's Leg. First thing I need to address is Jim's confessional about the no-swap ticket booking rule. I don't believe that is a new rule, but that was interesting information I learned from tonight. That's all. For the rest of the Leg, THIS WAS THE BEST EPISODE OF TAR25 TO DATE AND POSSIBLY THE BEST IN A DECADE! From the hilarity of the cupping v. crab Detour, U-Turn drama, Brooke & Robbie betraying Amy & Maya, and intense race for last place between Amy & Maya and Kym & Alli, I could not ask for anything more. Simply amazing!

FAST FORWARD: (Flow Rider)
One team must ride a wave for two minutes in order to receive the direct clue to the Pit Stop. This was an awesome Fast Forward in my opinion. Concentration is an essential quality to succeed in this task and even the slightest movement can cause someone to fly back into the barrier. Also, the Kym & Alli and Adam & Bethany competition to win a pass to the Pit Stop made this episode even more fantastic. Soundtrack was spot on for this task!
FAST FORWARD SCORE: 11/10 :hoot:

ROADBLOCK: (Who knows what a funambulist is?)
One team member had to walk a tightrope across the gap of two towers, grab a clue, and return to the starting point. This task required abdominal balance in order to offset the shakiness of the ropes. Despite the medium difficulty, I did not like how there was only one line for teams to traverse. Two lines would have sufficed for the epic competition purpose.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 9/10

DETOUR: (Feel The Burn or Get Crackin')
In Feel The Burn, teams had to enjoy a Singaporean-style cupping session without resigning to receive their next clue. Three words for this task: Super incredibly hilarious! :funny: I loved every second of the purple feeling teams got after the deep tissue massage, especially when Amy began running in a weird motion. Haha. In Get Crackin', teams had to harvest 2 lbs. of crab meat to receive the next clue. Although Misti & Jim are the only team who attempted (completed) the task, the fresh-off-the-heat touch of the crabs is a decent obstacle to overcome.
DETOUR SCORE: 10/10

OTHER SCORES:
TEAM DEVELOPMENT: 9/10
TEAM DRAMA: 10/10
EDITING: 10/10
SOUNDTRACK: 10/10
PIT STOP CONFIGURATION: 10/10 (Finally, every placement is revealed by Phil himself. Woo hoo!)
KYM & ALLI'S TICKET AGENCY DANCE: 10/10
BROOKIE PASSING THE CLUE GUY IN HANDS' REACH: 11/10 (:funny:)
#FEELTHEBURN DURING THE CUPPING: 10/10
OVERALL: 10/10 :colors

But now... Frosty the Snowman here in the U.S.! :waves:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

MrDeerShank

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2014, 08:14:32 PM »
you're taking my tan off >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cowabunga

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2014, 08:15:34 PM »
you're taking my tan off >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cowabunga

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Ryan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I can climb a damn tree.
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »

Also, K&A are auto all-stars in 2-3 seasons when the next one comes, so much fun and a dominant F/F pair.
SNEAKY SNEAKY

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2014, 08:19:29 PM »
OMG at Maya's back! It's all purple! That must be hurting so badly.

The power of cupping. You wanna try?  :funny:

Declive, come to Singapore, Joab and I will give u a treat. Followed by a crab dinner if you can still sit or stand after it.  :funny:

Oh man... :funny:

Who said the title quote?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2014, 08:34:26 PM »

Declive, come to Singapore, Joab and I will give u a treat. Followed by a crab dinner if you can still sit or stand after it.  :funny:

Brooke

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »
RachelLeVega, I usually agree with your alternate title quotes, but "Cowabunga!" really? You're Taking My Tan Off was one of the bests this season, imo.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2014, 08:46:21 PM »
Awesome episode with a sad outcome. The first 3 legs were alright... then 4 & 5 were probably the bests of the season so far for me... 6 & 7 were boring... 8 was better... 9 was back to where 4 & 5 were... but even better.

Tasks:
1. Fast Forward - Since when were Fast Forward's actually challenging?? Hate how this basically SCREAMED Adam & Bethany (note: I'm not blaming Adam/Bethany). But wow...
2. Roadblock - Feel like we've already seen something like this? At least Jim fell & added some drama to this task :lol:
3. Detour - The cupping detour.. OMG. I don't know why but I could not stop laughing at the cymbals dude at the Detour the Dentists did :lol:
4. Active Route Info - Definitely a unique Route Info! This was pretty much a Detour, but only just to pick up a clue. If they ever visit Singapore again, I wouldn't be surprised if one of these locations was re-used :lol:

Teams:
1. Adam & Bethany - I know, it's not their fault, but ughhhhh I'm mad at them.
2. Brooke & Robbie - Sheesh. Found these two hilarious... now I'm sick of them. Especially Brooke. With her teasing the Scientists, she's basically saying that brawn beats brain in the Race :res: Josh & Brent say hello!!  :waves:
3. Misti & Jim - I laughed when Jim pulled out his whistle and joined the commotion at the Detour :funny:
4. Amy & Maya - Based off the editing, I really thought they were going to even beat the Fast Forward team to the Pit Stop, but then I was cheering for them to get 2nd. Then, they fall to 4th because of Brooke & Robbie. TRUST NO ONE
5. Kym & Alli - Hated seeing them in this position this leg. The one Fast Forward that appears, it's hard. Please return for another Race and WIN.

LOVE: Amy & Maya
LIKE: Adam & Bethany, Misti & Jim
NEUTRAL: Robbie (I really just think Brooke is a bad influence on him)
DISLIKE: Brooke

Who would have thought that the Scientists would be involved in this type of drama?  :funny: "Next week, the Scientists want some answers!" THIS was their breakout episode.

Guys, I wouldn't get too excited over the Switchback. I mean, when did we ever see a good Switchback?

TAR 15 - Haybales (TAR 6) - This Switchback was actually pretty good, but Sam & Dan were annoying to watch.
TAR 20 - Shave Your Head (TAR 5/TAR 7) - Provided some funny Brenchel drama, but we didn't get to see this in action.
TAR 21 - Pole Vault (TAR 12) - Underwhelming. Ryan of Abbie & Ryan did fall a few times, but it was in the middle of a sad montage.
TAR 22 - Cheese Hill (TAR 14) - It was cool seeing this in a totally different environment, but that's about it...
           - Briefcase (TAR 8 ) - It was good, but it kinda ruined the finale.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2014, 08:54:38 PM »
4. Active Route Info - Definitely a unique Route Info! This was pretty much a Detour, but only just to pick up a clue. If they ever visit Singapore again, I wouldn't be surprised if one of these locations was re-used :lol:

Actually, TAR has used several of the five locations of the lion statute ARI in past visits; Mount Faber was the pitstop in TAR 3 when Jill and John Vito were eliminated.

This was a good leg, even though Adam and Bethany had to adjust to the smaller size of the wave runner surfboard, that didn't take them long. It is ironic that Kym and Alli got eliminated anyhow without being U-Turned, and the U-Turn was wasted on a team that won the FF, although the only team that knew about it was Kym and Alli.

I'm sure the other three teams were shocked when they found out that Adam and Bethany had won the FF and the leg, after they arrived at the pit stop. I'm not sure how long a gap there is between the surfers and the wrestlers, but it will be interesting to see if it is enough to make a difference on the flights to the next destination. :)

And I;m sure Colin will be glad to pass the title of Ox Meltdown to one of this season's teams -- my guess is Jim will have the meltdown, but it won't matter because my guess is that leg 10 will be the final NEL.
-- theschnauzers

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2014, 09:38:54 PM »
Brooke was an iconic cackling mess this episode and I loved it! The cupping detour was amazing. I could watch that over and over

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2014, 09:54:10 PM »
Awesome episode with a sad outcome. The first 3 legs were alright... then 4 & 5 were probably the bests of the season so far for me... 6 & 7 were boring... 8 was better... 9 was back to where 4 & 5 were... but even better.

Tasks:
1. Fast Forward - Since when were Fast Forward's actually challenging?? Hate how this basically SCREAMED Adam & Bethany (note: I'm not blaming Adam/Bethany). But wow...
2. Roadblock - Feel like we've already seen something like this? At least Jim fell & added some drama to this task :lol:
3. Detour - The cupping detour.. OMG. I don't know why but I could not stop laughing at the cymbals dude at the Detour the Dentists did :lol:

Teams:
1. Adam & Bethany - I know, it's not their fault, but ughhhhh I'm mad at them.
2. Brooke & Robbie - Sheesh. Found these two hilarious... now I'm sick of them. Especially Brooke. With her teasing the Scientists, she's basically saying that brawn beats brain in the Race :res: Josh & Brent say hello!!  :waves:
3. Misti & Jim - I laughed when Jim pulled out his whistle and joined the commotion at the Detour :funny:
4. Amy & Maya - Based off the editing, I really thought they were going to even beat the Fast Forward team to the Pit Stop, but then I was cheering for them to get 2nd. Then, they fall to 4th because of Brooke & Robbie. TRUST NO ONE
5. Kym & Alli - Hated seeing them in this position this leg. The one Fast Forward that appears, it's hard. Please return for another Race and WIN.

LOVE: Amy & Maya
LIKE: Adam & Bethany, Misti & Jim
NEUTRAL: Robbie (I really just think Brooke is a bad influence on him)
DISLIKE: Brooke

Who would have thought that the Scientists would be involved in this type of drama?  :funny: "Next week, the Scientists want some answers!" THIS was their breakout episode.

Guys, I wouldn't get too excited over the Switchback. I mean, when did we ever see a good Switchback?

TAR 15 - Haybales (TAR 6) - This Switchback was actually pretty good, but Sam & Dan were annoying to watch.
TAR 20 - Shave Your Head (TAR 5/TAR 7) - Provided some funny Brenchel drama, but we didn't get to see this in action.
TAR 21 - Pole Vault (TAR 12) - Underwhelming. Ryan of Abbie & Ryan did fall a few times, but it was in the middle of a sad montage.
TAR 22 - Cheese Hill (TAR 14) - It was cool seeing this in a totally different environment, but that's about it...
           - Briefcase (TAR 8 ) - It was good, but it kinda ruined the finale.

Here are my rankings of the teams:

LOVE:  Amy & Maya!
LIKE:  Adam & Bethany.
NEUTRAL:  Misti & Jim.
DISLIKE/HATE:  Brooke & Robbie!

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2014, 10:09:53 PM »

Brooke during the cupping Detour.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »
Disappointed in Brooke, but Amy & Maya always verify, you are in a competitive
race after all. Ally and Kym were fierce competitors, not my favorites, but
hate to see them go.