Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary! *UPDATER NEEDED*  (Read 20463 times)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 9 SHOW updates and commentary! *UPDATER NEEDED*
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2014, 08:56:22 AM »
I feel like they don't even show the greeters saying "Welcome to _________" anymore... :(

According to one of the insider videos with Kym & Alli, the greeter for this leg is a former Racer - Melody or Sharon - from The Amazing Race Asia 1.

I think the pit stop greeter is Melody from TARA 1.

:o Oh my god! That's why the girl looked so familiar. I kept wondering where I knew the woman from. I just thought I watch some Singaporean TV a few years before...

Which video tells that it was Melody? Found the video. Its title: The Amazing Race Family. Is she Melody or Sharon? I first thought it was Melody because of the eyes, but she said her bike stalled out on her, and that happened to Sharon.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:12:21 AM by Karpov617 »
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2014, 09:07:16 AM »
I feel like they don't even show the greeters saying "Welcome to _________" anymore... :(

According to one of the insider videos with Kym & Alli, the greeter for this leg is a former Racer - Melody or Sharon - from The Amazing Race Asia 1.

:o Oh my god! That's why the girl looked so familiar. I kept wondering where I knew the woman from. I just thought I watch some Singaporean TV a few years before...

Which video tells that it was Melody?

It was Melody.. Lol cos TARA fans know her  :funny: :funny: :funny:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2014, 10:38:11 AM »
My only problem though, so far there are only three teams that has won a leg! That's kind of a bummer! Character-wise they are great to watch, but not so much competition-wise apparently.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2014, 01:04:37 PM »

Which video tells that it was Melody? Found the video. Its title: The Amazing Race Family. Is she Melody or Sharon? I first thought it was Melody because of the eyes, but she said her bike stalled out on her, and that happened to Sharon.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TwYd0jY6oWI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TwYd0jY6oWI</a>
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2014, 03:31:34 PM »
I see that the majority are now hating the Wrestlers, but I have to take their side over the Scientists.  Reason being that the Scientists going against Kym & Alli was a BIG NO NO in my book, so whoever rivals the Scientists, I'm rooting for.  Maybe a flawed logic, oh well.  :funny:

Brooke does still really annoy me, but I like Robbie and feel he's being dragged down by her.  :'(

RIP the GREATEST Female team to ever grace my television.  If we're lucky enough to get another All Stars they've gotta be locks for the casting. It would be a travesty for them to be overlooked by producers.

Began to slowly love Jim this episode, now that his edit is much less intense then usual.

Tasks we're great, and whoever decided to put that RI AFTER the U-Turn was a genius, and a welcome change to allow U-Turned teams the opportunity to catch up.

Team Rankings After Leg 9
LOVE: I hate saying this but Nobody.  :'(
Slowly Loving: Jim & Misti
Like: Robbie
Neutral: Adam & Bethany
Dislike: Brooke
HATE: Amy & Maya - Last week they we're in my Love List, but after their attack on the Cyclists I've no choice but to place them here now.  Especially after the Cyclists helped them get the earlier flight, it feels like a betrayal.  :(
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2014, 05:54:49 PM »
I see that the majority are now hating the Wrestlers, but I have to take their side over the Scientists.  Reason being that the Scientists going against Kym & Alli was a BIG NO NO in my book, so whoever rivals the Scientists, I'm rooting for.  Maybe a flawed logic, oh well.  :funny:

Brooke does still really annoy me, but I like Robbie and feel he's being dragged down by her.  :'(

RIP the GREATEST Female team to ever grace my television.  If we're lucky enough to get another All Stars they've gotta be locks for the casting. It would be a travesty for them to be overlooked by producers.

Began to slowly love Jim this episode, now that his edit is much less intense then usual.

Tasks we're great, and whoever decided to put that RI AFTER the U-Turn was a genius, and a welcome change to allow U-Turned teams the opportunity to catch up.

Team Rankings After Leg 9
LOVE: I hate saying this but Nobody.  :'(
Slowly Loving: Jim & Misti
Like: Robbie
Neutral: Adam & Bethany
Dislike: Brooke
HATE: Amy & Maya - Last week they we're in my Love List, but after their attack on the Cyclists I've no choice but to place them here now.  Especially after the Cyclists helped them get the earlier flight, it feels like a betrayal.  :(

well but Kym/Alli wanted to help them because they wanted them to be on same flight so as to keep the competition around in case of any flight delay.

To be honest, this season Final 5 is great because most of them are quite clever and strategic:-

Kym/Alli - offered help to Amy/Maya just because they knew they could beat them; went for FF because in a lead and avoid the U-turn; voiced out the intention to go for FF so that A/M and B/R would not compete with and probably won't consider U-turn them; skipping the Merlion along the harbour because they knew it would not be that close

Amy/Maya - The whole U-turn strategy, they are absolutely right u-turning the surfers in this situation and persuading the second team to u-turn the cyclists so that any one of them would fall under the u-turn

Adam/Bethany - Bethany is so clever this time going for the FF even in last place, as they knew that they got nothing to lose in this situation, and also avoid the u-turn

The only random characters are the wrestlers, they are quite sneaky that they lied, it nearly skewed the outcome a bit (potentially eliminating A/M)

I would have to say the cyclists are out because they're too clever, if they only did the normal course the worst outcome may be being u-turn by A/M but they would further u-turn the wrestlers, so the wrestlers may probably be out in this situation. Anyway, the producers have to get the cyclists back for All-Stars!!  :hrt:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2014, 09:03:58 PM »
Melody shares her thought on being the pitstop greeter on TAR 25.

Just when I thought being part of #TheAmazingRaceAsia in 2006 was close enough to being part of the original US version of #TheAmazingRace, I got invited to stand next to #PhilKeoghan on THAT mat for #TAR25 in #Singapore earlier this year. I was absolutely stoked and honored to represent our little Red Dot again. That's another big fat check on the bucket list! Thanks so much for the opportunity, @activetvasia! xoxo #melodychen #amazingrace #amazingracegreeter #amazingracer

Source: http://instagram.com/p/wApgRNiEnD/