Author Topic: TAR 25 Ep 9 "You're Taking My Tan Off" (Singapore)  (Read 22546 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR 25 Ep 9 "You're Taking My Tan Off" (Singapore)
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2014, 10:03:34 AM »
Here's to hoping Adam & Bethany are beaten by someone at the fast forward and they go home! Fingers crossed.  :hoot:
Check the timeline.   ;)

I really don't want to believe what I read there though. RFF has no idea if leg 9 is even an elim leg, as leg 10 still shows 5 teams being in the game. I think Adam & Bethany got non eliminated in leg 9, and the added gap from speedbump/missed FF put them really far behind, getting eliminated  After all these years do you really think Bertram hasn't noticed people following the contestants around? Who's to say Adam and Bethany weren't just told to be around the race course in legs 11&12? To be honest Bethany looks way too collected at that airport, so maybe it was staged?  ???

It might be an NEL, but only if Misti & Jim use their Save.  Remember, this is the last leg that the Save can be used, and the only team that can use it is Misti & Jim.  Besides, the Double U-Turn would be rather pointless if this was a predetermined NEL.

As for Adam & Bethany, while the teams that don't get to Elimination Station are decoy teams, all available signs indicate that they make the Final 3.  I think you're allowing your dislike of the pair to cloud your judgment and thus you're indulging in wishful thinking.

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2014, 10:53:09 AM »
Do you guys think that Pulau Ubin IS the fast forward? It seems like only Adam and Bethany visited it and this kind of tasks is qualified enough to be a fast forward. (time consuming, etc.)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »
Where is this please?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 11:33:15 AM »
If Jim can recover from THIS:

He is a superhero.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2014, 11:43:07 AM »
Did a wire break or something? O_O

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 11:44:43 AM »
Here's to hoping Adam & Bethany are beaten by someone at the fast forward and they go home! Fingers crossed.  :hoot:
Check the timeline.   ;)

I really don't want to believe what I read there though. RFF has no idea if leg 9 is even an elim leg, as leg 10 still shows 5 teams being in the game. I think Adam & Bethany got non eliminated in leg 9, and the added gap from speedbump/missed FF put them really far behind, getting eliminated  After all these years do you really think Bertram hasn't noticed people following the contestants around? Who's to say Adam and Bethany weren't just told to be around the race course in legs 11&12? To be honest Bethany looks way too collected at that airport, so maybe it was staged?  ???

Let me address some of this.

RFF has no idea if leg 9 is even an elim leg
You are right. NONE of us yet knows for sure how using The Save will affect the elim/non-elim decisions. That remains to be seen, as does whether Jim/Misti will even need to use it. I believe our TimeLine reflects that uncertainty about the SAVE.

I think Adam & Bethany got non eliminated in leg 9, and the added gap from
speedbump/missed FF put them really far behind, getting eliminated

Then you aren't really reading the spoilers.

To be honest Bethany looks way too collected at that airport, so maybe it was
staged?

Nope, The person who brought us that spoiler is a very savvy man, and he shared exactly what he saw, and was very generous with his time, his pics, and his info. He saw 4 teams though, as clearly stated in the spoilers, and so there was a decoy there. You can decide for yourself who that was. And WRP doesn't "stage" spoilers for our benefit, let's at least give them some credit. Puh-leez.

So moving on...and let's be nice folks. Disagree, argue your points, that is why we are all here. But  do it nicely. Keep on the topic, NOT on each other.

Thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 11:47:12 AM »
Hey-o, it's been a long time since I've posted here.

I can almost confirm that the double u turn is placed at either one of the two gothic gates side by side at fort canning park very close by to the marriage registry place and it's opposite the road from Wesley church- can someone screen shot and upload the map from page 2 of this document since my computer is down and I'm posting from my phone?

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/docs/diy_guide/Colonial_History_Walking_Trail_at_Fort_Canning_Park.pdf

And also the cupping place looks to be in the vicinity of Telok Ayer street based on the looks  - near the tooth relic temple; I've walked by that area at least 3 times a week for a semester for my research paper on urban spaces and urban policy during my final year of undergrad days in 2011, but I could be horribly wrong-

My guess is either Telok Ayer or in the Chinatown area/club street.

N

Welcome back, angeldanger!! Lovely to see you again!! :waves:

And thank you so much for all the great location info!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »

Adam and Bethany just arrived at the ferry wharf at Pulau Ubin Ferry Terminal

Look at the similarity in the wooden railings in the background. :) They are not at Changi Point Ferry Terminal.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2014, 12:43:32 PM »
Another one~

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 01:14:17 PM »
As for the massage location, I really cannot find it, and think that they found the backyard of a temple and made a make shift massage place by adding the masseurs and beds there -_-

EDIT: Okay I give up. The only place I found that is remotely similar to the layout of the massage place is Chinese Gardens in Singapore. And it would be the dumbest ever placement of a U-TURN where both Detour tasks are at least a 45 minutes drive away from each other? -_-
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:39:54 PM by Jobby »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 02:32:02 PM »
Thanks Jobby!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 02:49:13 PM »

Saved for future reference to find out why are teams even near the Central Fire Station.

Brooke and Robbie are probably here after completing their Detour, passing the U-TURN board and then hailing a cab to the next location.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:52:31 PM by Jobby »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2014, 11:34:41 PM »
Press release is out:

TEAMS RACE TO SINGAPORE, WHERE ONE DANGEROUS MISSTEP LEAVES A RACER DANGLING 600 FEET IN THE SKY, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” FRIDAY, NOV. 28

“You’re Taking My Tan Off” (Singapore, China) – One dangerous misstep leaves a Racer dangling 600 feet high in the Singapore sky, while a traditional Asian detox leaves several Teams writhing in pain, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 11:36:47 PM »
Photos are up too, here are the captions

"You're Taking Off My Tan"--Cyclists Kym (left) and Ali (right) must travel from Malta to Singapore on the 9th leg of THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"You're Taking Off My Tan"--In Detour A, Sweet Scientists Amy (pictured) and Maya must travel to the Hong San See Temple and experience a traditional Asian cupping session in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"You're Taking Off My Tan"--In Detour B, Married Dentists Misti (center) and Jim (right) must crack and collect two pounds of crab in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"You're Taking Off My Tan"--In this Route Marker, Married Dentists Jim (left) and Misti (right) make their way by Bumboat to Pulau Ubin island to search for a marked coconut stand. Once they each drink a coconut, they will receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"You're Taking Off My Tan"--In this Road Block, Sweet Scientists Maya (pictured) and Amy must walk across a tightrope that is suspended 600 feet over Singapore to retrieve the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

"You're Taking Off My Tan"--In this Fast Forward, Cyclists Ali (left) and Kym (right) make their way to the Wave House on Sentosa Island where they must both stay on their surfboards simultaneously for two minutes in order to go directly to the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2014, 12:07:09 AM »

Saved for future reference to find out why are teams even near the Central Fire Station.

Brooke and Robbie are probably here after completing their Detour, passing the U-TURN board and then hailing a cab to the next location.

Another cab trouble for Brooke & Robbie?  :groan:
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2014, 12:40:59 AM »

"You're Taking Off My Tan"--In this Fast Forward, Cyclists Ali (left) and Kym (right) make their way to the Wave House on Sentosa Island where they must both stay on their surfboards simultaneously for two minutes in order to go directly to the Pit Stop on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Nov. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Really? God damn it
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2014, 01:11:10 AM »
Surfing Fast Forward..........  :funny: Praying Kym & Alli get it!

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2014, 01:29:18 AM »
I'm so thrilled when watching this preview. It looks so intense

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2014, 03:07:34 AM »
If teams are told that there is a U-Turn ahead in their opening clue, it's possible that Kym & Alli go for the Fast Forward intentionally to avoid it, but with the knowledge of Adam & Bethany potentially attempting the FF, the Cyclists are in big trouble....  :(

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2014, 03:25:36 AM »
There is always the chance kym/alli do win the fast forward, with Adam/Bethany passing the dentists at the RB.. I definitely would not want to be dangling 600ft in the air  :funny:

Offline angeldanger

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2014, 04:36:00 AM »
Hi Peach,

I was wrong! Just looked at the pics posted on the cbs site (I'm using my phone to post this)

And the cupping is at Mohammed sultan road, off river valley road and relatively nearby the u turn board. It's nearer towards UE square/ Clark quay which I'm thinking the crab detour may be also nearby, it looks to me as though it's one of those seafood restaurants on riverside point where brew werkz is or jumbo seafood where the employment pass office is (In the direction of boat quay )

Offline TerraformingYou

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2014, 04:49:27 AM »
Press release is out:

“You’re Taking My Tan Off” (Singapore, China)

Wait, what?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2014, 06:26:26 AM »
So Detour A is from TAR24, Detour B, the Roadblock, and the FF are from the TARA4 Finale
yay for Palau Ubin

And we all know who wins the FF  :groan: poor Kym & Alli... :(
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2014, 07:32:07 AM »
Press release is out:

“You’re Taking My Tan Off” (Singapore, China)

Wait, what?

Somebody sack the press release guy, NOW. :funny: