Author Topic: TAR 25 Ep 9 "You're Taking My Tan Off" (Singapore)  (Read 22542 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 25 Ep 9 "You're Taking My Tan Off" (Singapore)
« on: November 21, 2014, 04:57:44 PM »
Thanks to aryantsoeseno for the title find!

TAR S25 Ep09 - the TITLE

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:01:33 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 25 Ep 9 "You Are Taking My Tan Off" (Singapore)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 25 Ep 9 "You Are Taking My Tan Off" (Singapore)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »
no posting except for oval please
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 Ep 9 "You're Taking My Tan Off" (Singapore)
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »
Leg 9:  Valletta, Malta → Singapore

FILM DATES:  June 17-18
AIR DATE: November 28

ROUTE INFO:   Fly to Singapore

FERRY:             Changi Point Ferry Terminal to Pualu Ubin

ROUTE INFO:   Pualu Ubin
 !  TASK:    Drink a coconut from the marked coconut stand

ROUTE INFO:   Sentosa Island
FAST
     FORWARD:
       Ride wave machine

ROUTE INFO:   Raffles Place

ROUTE INFO:   Hong San See Temple
DETOUR A:       Undergo Chinese cupping therapy

ROUTE INFO:   Unknown
DETOUR B:       Crack and collect 2 pounds of crab

ROUTE INFO:   Fort Canning Hill Gate
U-TURN x2:      Both U-turns unknown

ROUTE INFO:   Marina Bay Sands
ROADBLOCK:   Walk between buildings on high wire

PIT STOP:       Unknown

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:26:48 PM by ovalorange »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 06:14:08 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 06:14:19 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »
No posting except for Alenaveda please
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 06:16:53 PM »
Preview!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zHA4l5gxqRk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zHA4l5gxqRk</a>
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:33:26 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 06:18:43 PM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:06:54 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 06:19:11 PM »
Second part of the caps.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 10:12:48 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 09:51:47 PM »
I think the Double U-TURN is placed at Fort Canning Park. Neobie please correct my Singapore knowledge of it's not lol

Offline TARfan1303

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 10:04:06 PM »
I am a fan from Singapore as well and that Double U-Turn is at Fort Canning Hill

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 10:10:26 PM »
Preview and caps up!

Offline angeldanger

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 10:37:36 PM »
Hey-o, it's been a long time since I've posted here.

I can almost confirm that the double u turn is placed at either one of the two gothic gates side by side at fort canning park very close by to the marriage registry place and it's opposite the road from Wesley church- can someone screen shot and upload the map from page 2 of this document since my computer is down and I'm posting from my phone?

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/docs/diy_guide/Colonial_History_Walking_Trail_at_Fort_Canning_Park.pdf

And also the cupping place looks to be in the vicinity of Telok Ayer street based on the looks  - near the tooth relic temple; I've walked by that area at least 3 times a week for a semester for my research paper on urban spaces and urban policy during my final year of undergrad days in 2011, but I could be horribly wrong-

My guess is either Telok Ayer or in the Chinatown area/club street.

N

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 01:37:04 AM »
I will do a Google Street View but my internet is terrible. Hope it gets better -_-

And yes, the cupping place looks to be near to the Chinatown area as well.

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 02:21:10 AM »
Here's to hoping Adam & Bethany are beaten by someone at the fast forward and they go home! Fingers crossed.  :hoot:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 04:07:32 PM »
Here's to hoping Adam & Bethany are beaten by someone at the fast forward and they go home! Fingers crossed.  :hoot:
Check the timeline.   ;)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 11:02:04 PM »
Check the timeline.   ;)

I really don't want to believe what I read there though. RFF has no idea if leg 9 is even an elim leg, as leg 10 still shows 5 teams being in the game. I think Adam & Bethany got non eliminated in leg 9, and the added gap from speedbump/missed FF put them really far behind, getting eliminated  After all these years do you really think Bertram hasn't noticed people following the contestants around? Who's to say Adam and Bethany weren't just told to be around the race course in legs 11&12? To be honest Bethany looks way too collected at that airport, so maybe it was staged?  ???

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 11:33:58 PM »
LOL. If you don't believe what you read here, why still read?

I'm sorry but you're going to get VERY DISAPPOINTED by your #speculation that you don't even have any idea if the surfers got "non eliminated in leg 9" (you think) and "getting eliminated" because of an added gap?

After all these years, would you think that Bertram will continue to have starting lines in LA when each and every time they get stalked like mad at the airport? The answer is obviously YES.

And, after watching TAR 25 for 8 legs, tell me, just tell me, when is Bethany ever NOT calm and collected at any point of time in the race?

Maybe, you would like to base your #speculation (i repeat) with PHOTOGRAPHIC evidence instead? Instead of posting stuff which discredits the effort of our detectives?

Edit: I repeated speculation because obviously, this is not a speculation thread.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:38:19 PM by Jobby »

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 11:43:53 PM »
LOL. If you don't believe what you read here, why still read?

I'm sorry but you're going to get VERY DISAPPOINTED by your #speculation that you don't even have any idea if the surfers got "non eliminated in leg 9" (you think) and "getting eliminated" because of an added gap?

After all these years, would you think that Bertram will continue to have starting lines in LA when each and every time they get stalked like mad at the airport? The answer is obviously YES.

And, after watching TAR 25 for 8 legs, tell me, just tell me, when is Bethany ever NOT calm and collected at any point of time in the race?

Maybe, you would like to base your #speculation (i repeat) with PHOTOGRAPHIC evidence instead? Instead of posting stuff which discredits the effort of our detectives?

The majority of the time RFF is correct, that's why I read here. This season started in NY, in case you missed that. Leg 4 she was getting extremely frustrated at the detour, was crying at the pitstop until Phil said they were safe, complained leg 6 detour. How am I discrediting you by saying you may have made a mistake? I just implied production could be being more cautious. The photo of A&B at the airport was taken by a fan, but by all means they could have just been there.

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 12:02:37 AM »
Maybe this leg is an "non-elimination" leg (I think .....) , they're 12 legs in the Race look at Wikipedia Link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_25 . I think Misti & Jim were last place in this leg (used the "Save", maybe they can't use the "Save", maybe it's because it's a non-elimination leg) , I think their "Speed Bump" is to plow a field using a carabao (Philippines, Leg 10) (I saw it on the upcoming episodes of the preview of The Amazing Race 25).

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 12:46:19 AM »
Maybe this leg is an "non-elimination" leg (I think .....) , they're 12 legs in the Race look at Wikipedia Link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_25 . I think Misti & Jim were last place in this leg (used the "Save", maybe they can't use the "Save", maybe it's because it's a non-elimination leg) , I think their "Speed Bump" is to plow a field using a carabao (Philippines, Leg 10) (I saw it on the upcoming episodes of the preview of The Amazing Race 25).
Maybe if I'm right or wrong.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 01:52:29 AM »

It wouldn't be a no elimination because if there was the UTurn would just be pointless

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 05:13:08 AM »
 :groan:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 08:34:55 AM »
There's no point that Leg 9 is a non-elimination, otherwise they don't need to say that the SAVE is valid till Leg 9 (they could say till Leg 8 instead)! As I speculate before, Leg 10 should be the pre-determined non-elimination if Misti/Jim doesn't need to use the SAVE in Leg 9, otherwise Leg 10 will be an elimination. That's the way to keep number of teams consistent for the finale.