Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 8 SHOW updates and commentary!  (Read 12484 times)

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 8 SHOW updates and commentary!
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2014, 07:07:58 AM »
i like the wrestlers before this leg, but suddenly they become annoying (esp Brook). Persuade the other teams to U-turn Kym & Alli. She also whined many times along the race, like saying "I don't get it/ I don't understand". She hates the cyclists because they always ahead of them. I was like ???
If she is smart, she should U-turn the dentists because they are stronger than the cyclist

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2014, 07:38:23 AM »
At least this "alliance of all against one team" drama is better than last season, AND all teams are rootable enough for it to not matter :lol:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2014, 07:50:44 AM »
At least this "alliance of all against one team" drama is better than last season, AND all teams are rootable enough for it to not matter :lol:

Totally agree. The "Accidental Alliance" on last season totally awful, even somewhat more awful than the Six Pack Alliance back in Season 10.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2014, 08:19:07 AM »
Apparently the dentists are as good in polishing armour as they are in polishing teeth!

I laughed when they named themselves molar and cuspid.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2014, 09:48:50 AM »
i like the wrestlers before this leg, but suddenly they become annoying (esp Brook). Persuade the other teams to U-turn Kym & Alli. She also whined many times along the race, like saying "I don't get it/ I don't understand". She hates the cyclists because they always ahead of them. I was like ???
If she is smart, she should U-turn the dentists because they are stronger than the cyclist

Maybe the plan is to U-Turn the dentists and have them U-Turn the cyclists.  It would be a smart move -- assuming that any team can beat the dentists to the U-Turn, that is.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2014, 01:14:39 AM »
I'll keep this short, I'm very busy these days.

ARI:  :hugs:
Detour:  :hugs:
Roadblock:  :hugs:

Great leg! I'll give this a 11/10, thanks to the ARI.

Teams:
Adam & Bethany: Glad they won the leg. :hrt:
Misti & Jim: They can't beat the record now, but they can still be tied with it. :lol:
Kym & Alli:  :hoot: They're still being fun!
Amy & Maya: They have lots of energy, especially Maya! :hoot:
Brooke & Robbie: They're still being funny, but more time was shown on them planning against the cyclists. :ascared
Tim & TeJay: After that leg, I somehow think I wanna see them in the next all-stars. :hrt:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2014, 01:26:57 AM »
RIP Cyclists soon

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2014, 08:13:21 AM »
Great ARI task! Just WHY would they put an equalizer after that? :'( Though, I think if they did not, the Food Scientists miiiiight have been eliminated.

The Roadblock was okay. The scene/set of it looked too much like Leg 1, where they had to jump off that rock. I liked that they had to swim inside to get their clue.

Blind Detour was an random/interesting twist. Imagine if they did that in every leg and caused teams to waste time by going to a choice that ended up not being worth their time. But to be honest, seeing teams constantly switching Detours kinda got annoying.

Onto the teams...

1. Adam & Bethany - Can't believe Bethany dropped the glasses at the very end of the task! They're just so positive all the time. Love 'em.
2. Misti & Jim - Just glad they weren't number 1 :lol: I'm also happy to see that they weren't the ones who drove all/most of the teams against Kym & Alli.
3. Kym & Alli - They really do remind me of TAR 10 Dustin & Kandice. The strong F/F team that made it this far and somehow is disliked by most of the other teams. But tbh, after seeing this and TAR 24, if I were on the race, I'd probably NOT isolate myself from the rest of the teams... seeing that it will only gain you enemies.  :res: I HATE that they give up so easily! I think if Kym just stopped for a few and then continued trying, she could have gotten the red flag & they could have been number 1 or number 2.
4. Amy & Maya - To me, it looks like Amy really brings this team down. From her weird running (as pointed out by Brooke :lol: ) to dropping all those glasses to not being able to do the Flags Detour because of her leg injury... Loved seeing Maya run around the Pit Stop :lol: That's true dedication to the Race!
5. Brooke & Robbie - Like someone else pointed out earlier, I liked them a lot in the previous legs, but I wasn't really a fan of them this leg... Brooke's complaining is getting really old... and this time, she's not only complaining about her abilities, she's also complaining about other teams, aka Kym & Alli.
6. Tim & Te Jay - Sucks to see them go. Had Tim gotten the red flag, they could have been 2nd or 3rd or anything other than last!

It'll be painful to see Amy & Maya, who are such a positive team, be in pain next week.

Is it just me, or is Kym & Alli's edit becoming a little negative?

LOVE: Adam & Bethany, Kym & Alli
LIKE: Amy & Maya, Robbie
NEUTRAL: Misti & Jim
DISLIKE: Brooke

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2014, 04:45:03 AM »
Am I the only one who has issue with an impossible side of a Detour? That task was potentially worthy of being a really memorable TAR challenge, but I think the red flags were almost impossible to retrieve (even the guys demonstrating by the side just fell straight into the sea).

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2014, 06:12:24 AM »
Am I the only one who has issue with an impossible side of a Detour? That task was potentially worthy of being a really memorable TAR challenge, but I think the red flags were almost impossible to retrieve (even the guys demonstrating by the side just fell straight into the sea).

And one thing. I hope that they could switch position. Like Te Jay got Yellow Flag so Tim had to get the red flag, but after some failing, they could switch, Tim went to get another yellow flag now and Te Jay could try to get the red flag. They have 2 flags each colours on the pole so why not?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2014, 06:44:08 AM »
Why not one person must get one each of the red and yellow? It is hard to get 2 red flags, but one should make things easier and help teams to remain more optimistic.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2014, 07:25:55 AM »
Why not one person must get one each of the red and yellow? It is hard to get 2 red flags, but one should make things easier and help teams to remain more optimistic.

???

Each of them only had to grab one of the flags, one yellow and one red. So actually, you're making it more difficult???

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2014, 08:50:21 AM »
Gasps. Just one? Then I apologize. This Detour is fair then. They should have strategised to get the person who's better at the task to go further. Or if the task needs to be improved, make the 2 flags to be at the same distance in between the red and yellow flags' actual location.