Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 8 SHOW updates and commentary!  (Read 12486 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 8 SHOW updates and commentary!
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2014, 07:43:36 PM »
Adam & Bethany are team #1! :hearts: They've each won $10,000! :hearts: Bethany's very thankful for getting to do this with Adam.

Pit Stop:
1st - Adam & Bethany

Omg Maya is talking about the chemistry. She says she thinks there's an acid to remove the rust... :funny: *ORGANIC CHEM SUCKS.*

Brooke keeps complaining and Robbie tells her to stop complaining. Jim's very quick. Robbie asks if Brooke wants to try the other detour... OMG THEY'RE SWITCHING? :o

Misti & Jim getting judged... They're done the detour in 2nd. Make your way to the next pit stop.

Tim & Te Jay on their 10th attempt. Wrestlers at flag now.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2014, 07:46:44 PM »
Tim falls. 11th attempt.

Brooke: "Where do they come up with these sports?" :funny: Robbie and Brooke both fall. Brooke: "OMG I JUST BROKE MY BUTT... if that's possible. It's my moneymaker." :funny:

TeJay sees Robbie fall and he laughs. Omg they slow-mo'd Robbie's fall. Wrestlers wasted about 30 mins at flag and they go back to shine.

Kym & Alli need more polish. Amy & Maya getting judged... Need more polish too. Kym & Alli done in 3rd. Wrestlers at shine.

Misti & Jim are in 2nd place. Phil says they still haven't pulled their save out... Excuse me what? :funny:

Pit Stop:
1st - Adam & Bethany
2nd - Misti & Jim

Amy & Maya done the detour in 4th. "Chest bump!" :funny:

Brooke: "This part of The Amazing Race is not amazing."

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2014, 07:47:41 PM »
Tim struggling. Te Jay says the only hope that he has is that someone else is super slow at the other side of the detour. Tim says that they can't switch and he knows he has to get it...

Commercial.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2014, 07:49:11 PM »
I'd have switched when Brooke & Robbie did so, if I was in Tim & Tee Jay's shoes.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2014, 07:54:25 PM »
And we're back. Tim & Te Jay are going to switch detours...

Kym & Alli are in 3rd place. Phil asks the greeter if he thinks they're tough... He says no... :lol: Kym shows him her guns.

Brooke is so excited that Tim & Te Jay are at shine.

Amy & Maya are team #4. LOL MAYA IS RUNNING AROUND HAHAHA. Phil asks if this is a candy rush. MAYA SAYS THIS IS A LIFE RUSH. SHE LOVES LIFE. <3333333 :hearts: :hearts:

Pit Stop:
1st - Adam & Bethany
2nd - Misti & Jim
3rd - Kym & Alli
4th - Amy & Maya

Robbie compliments the judge first before they get approved. :lol: Brooke & Robbie see a taxi but it has Tim & Te Jay's bags... MORE TAXI TROUBLES. They can't find a taxi!

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2014, 07:54:25 PM »
Finally we see Amy & Maya!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 07:57:39 PM »
Omg Tim & Te Jay done the detour...

Wrestlers sound so desperate right now. They get a taxi...

Phil asks Robbie to show him what number they think they're in with his pecs. He did 6 pec movements... "That extra one's for you." :funny: :funny: :funny: Wrestlers in 5th.

Tim & Te Jay are the last team to arrive... And they've been eliminated. TeJay: I think we did team purple proud.

Pit Stop:
1st - Adam & Bethany
2nd - Misti & Jim
3rd - Kym & Alli
4th - Amy & Maya
5th - Brooke & Robbie
6th - Tim & TeJay (ELIMINATED)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2014, 07:58:13 PM »
Tim & Tee Jay should have switched when Brooke & Robbie did!  Then maybe Tim & Tee Jay might have survived the leg.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2014, 07:59:02 PM »
I won't exactly miss Tim/Te Jay, but then again, I like all the teams left to some extent :lol:

Great to see Amy/Maya getting more screentime!  :hrt:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »
Next week on The Amazing Race...

With the 2x U-turn in play, the scientists feel the pain. Omg that does not look like fun at all.

Adam & Bethany risk everything while Jim fights to stay on... Jim looks like he's about to fall off the rope wire thing.

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2014, 08:01:02 PM »
FAST FORWARD next leg! (I saw that clue)  :yess:
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »
LOVE LOVE LOVE Maya's sprint around the MAT!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2014, 08:15:41 PM »
LOVE LOVE LOVE Maya's sprint around the MAT!! :hearts:

ME TOO! :conf:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2014, 08:28:54 PM »
I really liked this leg! I thought the blind Detour was an interesting twist and I would like to see it more often! I'm fine with Tim & Te Jay leaving, because I like most of the cast besides the Dentists.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2014, 08:31:18 PM »
A deceptive tough active route marker task at night, the first "blind detour," a tough roadblock (unless you're Bethany) and I think Adam and Bethany smartly played the Express Pass, seeing how all of the other teams ended up struggling with both sides of the Detour.
A tough leg for all the teams, but someone had to go home. Tim and TeJay played well -- 8 legs is no small achievement.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2014, 08:44:38 PM »
LEG 8 (Sicily, Italy --> Malta) EPISODE ANALYSIS
BETTER TITLE QUOTE: "Where Do They Come Up With These Sports?" - Brooke
Dreams actually do come true: an official new country being visited! :hoot: Right off the bat, the teams had to carry a heavy burden, a set of wine coups and a bottle of rum, to a medieval table filled with knights. Sweetening the deal, teams got to experience the hard-hitting truth of the race instead of fragile checklist activities. In the end, I found the episode very intriguing from the beginning to the credits.

ROADBLOCK: (Who's feeling craggy?)
Team members had to rappel down the jagged Malta coast into Blue Grotto where they had to search for their next clue. The ultra-blue waters of the grotto are brighter than the Floridian side of the Gulf of Mexico. The aquamarine hue made me fall in love with the Roadblock immediately despite the generic great heights task.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 8.9/10

SPEED BUMP: (Tim & Te Jay: Paint Maltese Cross)
Tim & Te Jay had to paint a Maltese cross on a shield. Nothing too boring or non-befitting, but the extra task could have at least been a bit more entertaining than watching a team paint a symbol.
SPEED BUMP SCORE: 8/10

DETOUR: (Flag or Shine)
First thing I have to address, I LOVE the new "Blind Detour" twist of having no descriptions presented in the clue! Very refreshing, and much more difficult for teams to decide whether to do the former or the latter, and should they switch option if their initial Detour choice clears the fog and finds the task too tricky to finish. In Flag, teams had to sprint up a slanted pole to grab a yellow flag and a further red flag. This task was INSANE, and I believe this has been the most challenging task any HD season (not only season 25) has aired thus far! Excellent work, route creators. You guys nailed it with this one! Much love! Not only did the task seem simple, it became very daunting that Adam & Bethany had to use their Express Pass (kind of), forced Kym & Alli to switch Detours, sent Brooke & Robbie fluctuating, overwhelmed Amy about her injured foot, and made Tim & Te Jay flamboyantly upset about wasting their time on this very task. Well played! ;) As for the Shine option, I didn't really enjoy the task because I couldn't actually tell who was ahead and who wasn't. Completion was all based on the judges' perception. What made up and did more for the armor task is the amount of vacillation with this Leg's Detour choices. Again, I highly praise the Flag Detour. :snics:
DETOUR SCORE: 10/10 

OTHER SCORES:
TEAM DEVELOPMENT: 10/10 (Teams beginning to find Kym & Alli isolated from everyone else was not fonding, but interesting; Brooke & Robbie's taxi fiasco happens again twice; the Detour )
TEAM DRAMA: 8.5/10 (Can't stand the anti-antisocial team squad, but savored every bit of the drama that happened dealing with the Detour.)
EDITING: 8/10 (Pretty decent although it felt rushed at some parts of the episode)
SOUNDTRACK: 8.8/10 (Felt like the good ol' pre-HD editing of TAR with a TAR Asia infusion.)
PIT STOP CONFIGURATION: 5/10 (Even with SIX teams, the editors still can't seem to fit in Phil saying the 2nd and 3rd team placements. Seriously?!)
TIM & TE JAY's DETOUR NEGATIVITY: 8/10 (Although annoying, I believe they were given the star scenes of this Leg next to Brooke & Robbie with their slowly aggravated attitudes.)
BETHANY BEATING EVERYONE ON THE RAPPEL: 10/10 (That was simply awesome! :wohoo:)
OVERALL SCORE: 9.2/10 :hearts:

Best episode of this season!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 08:52:00 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

MrDeerShank

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 08:56:07 PM »
the rb question was, "who's feeling blue" not, "who's feeling craggy"

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2014, 09:08:24 PM »
the rb question was, "who's feeling blue" not, "who's feeling craggy"
I usually put a personal spin on Roadblock quotes and Detour wordplay in episode analyses. :lol: I didn't feel like twisting the Detour choice title tonight. Thought the blind Detour was enough twist for one night.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2014, 09:09:35 PM »
I kind of like the new twist; it's like a RB where they have to select which team member does it with only a small bit of information. I'd like to see this 2-3 times per season. Played at the right time, this could make a lot of drama.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2014, 03:19:13 AM »
Im worried for the cyclist knowing that there will be x2 uturn next episode :(

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2014, 07:41:13 AM »
I can't understand why the Wrestlers hate the Cyclist because they've won 2 Legs.... The Dentists won 4, and you are friends!? Wtf?

Btw, i'm worried because i'm sure Cyclist will be uturned on the next episode. :(

Amy won't have fun on the next leg.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2014, 08:30:15 AM »
I can't understand why the Wrestlers hate the Cyclist because they've won 2 Legs.... The Dentists won 4, and you are friends!? Wtf?

Btw, i'm worried because i'm sure Cyclist will be uturned on the next episode. :(

Amy won't have fun on the next leg.

I don't think it's simply because the Cyclists won 2 legs.  I think the Cyclists had also tended to separate themselves from the other teams.  That would probably be annoying.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed this Leg, and there were some great tasks, but a couple of things really bugged me.

Firstly, after such a great ARI Task, why would producers just plant an equaliser.  I'm sure there would've been loads of interesting tasks teams could've done at night. 

Also, WHY do Kym & Alli constantly switch Detours? They were more than capable of completing that Flag Detour, and they could've got 1st.  The same thing happened on Leg 6 with the Butter and Tent Detour.  Their biggest detriment is themselves. :'(

Finally, I don't understand why, when a team is in last or close too last, and know they're at the back, do they just stand and look about.  Key example - Tim & Te Jay at the Flag Detour, when they see Brooke & Robbie going back to Shine.  They should have just got on with it and kept trying, but Tim was just standing about complaining.  Chances are they would've finished before the wrestlers finished shining the armour.

Apart from that I've nothing but positive's for this Leg.  Great locations, great tasks, and I love most the teams remaining.  The only exception being Jim.  I just hope it doesn't get nasty between Kym & Alli, and any of the other teams, because I don't want to start disliking anyone for potentially U-Turning them. :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »
Great locations, great tasks, and I love most the teams remaining.  The only exception being Jim.

Me too. I love all the teams remaining, except Jim.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »
IDK why I'm thinking on this thing :crazy: but I feel Kym & Alli in this leg are getting the edit that somewhat similar to BQ in Season 10 where almost all the remaining team are start to against them and want Kym & Alli to be eliminated because Kym & Alli start to separate themselves from the other teams and run the race on their own.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.