Author Topic: All Stars: 11 vs 18 vs 24  (Read 8591 times)

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
All Stars: 11 vs 18 vs 24
« on: November 09, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »
First of all, I really want to make a poll but I already know the results on which season that is dislike by majority of you.

So what is your favorite all stars season??  :hrt:

Mine: 11 > 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 24

11 for me are still on my top 5 seasons of all time. Even tho the South American leg were really poor and underwhelming, everything besides that were incredible. The cast were tiptop (Schmirna, the BQs and heck even Rob & Amber are good too), the task and everything about it is still awesome. The only bad thing about the season has got to be the winner.  :groan:

18 on the other hand is also in my top 5 seasons of all time. Even tho, they use the same countries all over again but the task were awesome and difficult. The dinosaur roadblock from Kunming needs to be a switchback in the future season. Even tho, all my favorites were kicked out early  :groan: it's still one of the best season in my opinion.

24??  ??? ??? I have mixed feeling about the season. The first China leg is good (surprisingly people complain about it being suck but look at it now, it's better than some of the leg in that season), the Sabah leg is good too, that's it I think. The winners were annoying, the cast pretty much sucked (Brenchel, Twinnies are only the all stars material too me). The last three legs are completely unwatchable to me.  :groan: :groan: :groan:

Offline Oliveira

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Brazilian Fan
Re: All Stars: 11 vs 18 vs 24
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 01:07:16 PM »
Oh, I loved this.

For me: 18 >>>> 11 >>>> 24

Season 11 has a great cast and everything but I really think that the tasks was useless, I mean, knocking the door down as a roadblock or waiting until the rat finds the clue or painting the nails, or even the bamboo wall (but this was fun to watch). And I really didnt like all the hours that Charla & Mirna needed to wait because they were too far ahead (and some legs after Dustin & Kandice too), I feel like the production didnt have the caution to make a season with great tasks and organization. But the teams definitly delivered.

Season 18 for me is the best season of TAR, because the combo teams plus tasks was just amazing. I feel like the tasks this season were really hard to complete and they were able to do it in countrys already visited several times. The dinosaur task, the tea task, the Liechenstein roadblock, the detour on the Matterhorn, the kangaroos and the zodiac, all were golden, just to list some. Really a truly fun season.

Season 24 I almost didnt even finished, I mean, for an All Stars season it could be soo much better. I missed Tim & Marie, Jaymes & James and others good teams, and I find really awkward they putting teams for the third time in the race. I just couldnt stand Caroline & Jenn and Dave & Connor anymore. Really Brendon & Rachel, Natalie & Nadiya and Leo & Jamal were the only teams that deserved to be there. And the tasks were so so in the beggining and good in the end.

Sorry for my English.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 02:50:09 PM »
Without doubt, it's Season 18 for me.  (It still stands as my all time favourite Season, and I've watched it about 5 times I'd say) :lol:
The locations, and tasks (the majority of the time) were superb, and the Cast was just  :<3
The producers really chose the Cream of the Crop from Seasons 12 - 17.  The only change I'd make would be replacing Kris & Amanda, who I felt really had no business being there, with the goddesses that are Brooke & Claire.

The boot order for the first 6 Legs was possibly the best of any Season, with the exception of Mel & Mike, but it was probably best they got the boot so early, because I think I would've feared for my life if I had to watch Mel race another 2 Legs, especially with no rest period in between.  :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

paldog123456

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »
11 > 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 24

I loved 11. The cast, locations and tasks. Poland episodes rocked, as did Guam and Macau. So much flight drama!

18 had decent tasks and good teams overall.

24 was dull. I was so bored during the Vegas finale that I didn't even finish it.

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 03:26:54 PM »
Without doubt, it's Season 18 for me.  (It still stands as my all time favourite Season, and I've watched it about 5 times I'd say) :lol:
The locations, and tasks (the majority of the time) were superb, and the Cast was just  :<3
The producers really chose the Cream of the Crop from Seasons 12 - 17.  The only change I'd make would be replacing Kris & Amanda, who I felt really had no business being there, with the goddesses that are Brooke & Claire.

The boot order for the first 6 Legs was possibly the best of any Season, with the exception of Mel & Mike, but it was probably best they got the boot so early, because I think I would've feared for my life if I had to watch Mel race another 2 Legs, especially with no rest period in between.  :groan:

My sad moment on TAR 18 probably when Jaime & Cara got eliminated. They were eliminated not because of the U-Turn but because of the challenge... I even rooting for Margie & Luke because of the tea task. I really want for them to kick the Globetrotters out.

Another problem TAR 24 is the all stars season, bring out your all stars game. Only Brenchel (not being biased) bring out their all stars game actually...  :groan:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 04:21:26 PM »
My sad moment on TAR 18 probably when Jaime & Cara got eliminated. They were eliminated not because of the U-Turn but because of the challenge... I even rooting for Margie & Luke because of the tea task. I really want for them to kick the Globetrotters out.

Another problem TAR 24 is the all stars season, bring out your all stars game.  :hearts:  :groan:

I really don't care for Jaime & Cara, and as a huge Globetrotter fan (Pre S24) I was glad to see them go.  :lol:

As for 24, I think the reason teams didn't bring their All Star Game was because most the teams weren't even All Star worthy in the first place.

My Analysis for S24 Teams:

Natalie & Nadiya - Without doubt would've brought their All Star Game had they survived past Leg 1.  Their bickering did them in more than anything.
Mark & Mallory - Both All Star worthy, but Mark's heart wasn't in it due to Bopper being incapable of competing.  Had it been Mark & Bopper, I think they would've brought the best All Star game out of everyone.
Joey & Meghan - Never had that All Star quality in S22, and that showed in their lack-luster performance in S24.
Margie & Luke - Too lax-a-dazzy this time around, so it affected their overall performance.
John & Jessica - I think they did bring their All Star Game, but because they were competing against much stronger teams it just seemed like they didn't.  I think the reason they did so well in S22 was because most of their competition was rubbish.  :res:  (I'll probably get condemned for saying that) :lol:
Flight Time & Big Easy - Just didn't give a damn this Season. They didn't seem to care where they placed probably, because they were bored from having raced twice before. NOT the attitude to have.
Jet & Cord - Love or Hate them, they always seem to bring their best to every Season they're in.
Leo & Jamal - Their All Star Game was what we saw in S23.  If they had have been manipulative, and conniving like we saw in 23, they probably would've placed higher in each Leg.
Brenchel - I might be one of the very few who don't like these two one bit, but I have to give them props for bringing their A-Game after getting over their hiccups in Leg 3, 4 & 5.
Caroline & Jennifer - They tried their best, but the other teams were just better then them.  They only made the Final 3 due to luck.  Although I do Love them.  :luvya:
Dave & Connor - Even if you hate them with a passion, you can't deny their performance was one of the best the whole Season.  They brought their A-Game no doubt about it, placing no lower than 4th.

So yea, Season 24 was :barf   :groan:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 05:04:37 PM »
Season 24 was everything that is wrong with modern TAR: Horrible cast, uninspired tasks, bad route, no competition.  The fact that they called it All-Stars instead of something like "Redemption" makes it worse. 

The REAL All-Stars season (11) is still the best.  Excellent cast and great tasks.  And definitely lots of competition.  Only bad thing about the season is the winners, really.  :snicker:

TARUB's cast could've been tons better, especially if they didn't pretend anything pre-TAR12 ceased to exist.  But I'd say TAR18 is perfectly in line with the middling quality of post-TAR12. 

So overall, TAR11 > TAR18 >>>>>>>>>>> TAR24

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 10:09:07 PM »

Another problem TAR 24 is the all stars season, bring out your all stars game.  :hearts:  :groan:

I really don't care for Jaime & Cara, and as a huge Globetrotter fan (Pre S24) I was glad to see them go.  :lol:

As for 24, I think the reason teams didn't bring their All Star Game was because most the teams weren't even All Star worthy in the first place.

My Analysis for S24 Teams:

Natalie & Nadiya - Without doubt would've brought their All Star Game had they survived past Leg 1.  Their bickering did them in more than anything.
Mark & Mallory - Both All Star worthy, but Mark's heart wasn't in it due to Bopper being incapable of competing.  Had it been Mark & Bopper, I think they would've brought the best All Star game out of everyone.
Joey & Meghan - Never had that All Star quality in S22, and that showed in their lack-luster performance in S24.
Margie & Luke - Too lax-a-dazzy this time around, so it affected their overall performance.
John & Jessica - I think they did bring their All Star Game, but because they were competing against much stronger teams it just seemed like they didn't.  I think the reason they did so well in S22 was because most of their competition was rubbish.  :res:  (I'll probably get condemned for saying that) :lol:
Flight Time & Big Easy - Just didn't give a damn this Season. They didn't seem to care where they placed probably, because they were bored from having raced twice before. NOT the attitude to have.
Jet & Cord - Love or Hate them, they always seem to bring their best to every Season they're in.
Leo & Jamal - Their All Star Game was what we saw in S23.  If they had have been manipulative, and conniving like we saw in 23, they probably would've placed higher in each Leg.
Brenchel - I might be one of the very few who don't like these two one bit, but I have to give them props for bringing their A-Game after getting over their hiccups in Leg 3, 4 & 5.
Caroline & Jennifer - They tried their best, but the other teams were just better then them.  They only made the Final 3 due to luck.  Although I do Love them.  :luvya:
Dave & Connor - Even if you hate them with a passion, you can't deny their performance was one of the best the whole Season.  They brought their A-Game no doubt about it, placing no lower than 4th.

So yea, Season 24 was :barf   :groan:

Talk about Dave & Connor, what happen if the route and the task from that season is the same on difficulty like the UB. I'm pretty sure Dave/Connor will struggle on that and we will see more whine comes from Dave's mouth  blahblah Tar 24 is one of the easiest season when it comes to task in my opinion

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
We need a broken leg, an injured arm and a hospital bed to truly keep Dave from whining consistenly THROUGHOUT a season. By that, I mean real quitting from a medical situation like in Season 22.

Dave and Connor made TAR 24 really awkward for me to watch. At one point, I wasn't interested in hosting my game anymore and I usually take pride in doing that, and if a team like Leo and Jamal, whom I did not like so much in TAR 23, became my top 3 favourites in the entire season, it just means that TAR 24 lacked Allstar cast, Allstar route and an Allstar design in tasks for each leg.

If it has taken 10 seasons, for producers to choose teams like Teri and Ian or John Vito and Jill, who were really mediocre in TAR 3, to race in Allstars.. (those were clearly the two ZOMG WHY DID YOU PICK THEM I DON'T REALLY CARE THAT MUCH TBH), then it should take at least longer, and not merely after 5 seasons for producers to do an Allstars. And what is sad is that, in TAR 25 this season, 6 out of the Final 7 teams had more Allstar quality than most of the teams in TAR 24. :res:

#endrant #justhatedTAR24 #oneoftheworstseasonever #andwhydidamazingraceallstaralwayssuck?

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 01:17:17 PM »
If it has taken 10 seasons, for producers to choose teams like Teri and Ian or John Vito and Jill, who were really mediocre in TAR 3, to race in Allstars.. (those were clearly the two ZOMG WHY DID YOU PICK THEM I DON'T REALLY CARE THAT MUCH TBH), then it should take at least longer, and not merely after 5 seasons for producers to do an Allstars. And what is sad is that, in TAR 25 this season, 6 out of the Final 7 teams had more Allstar quality than most of the teams in TAR 24. :res:

The thing is, I actually feel like there were more than enough teams that producers could've chosen that were All-Star worthy between Seasons 19 - 23.

Bill & Cathi
Andy & Tommy
Marcus & Amani
Bopper & Mark
BrenChel
Natalie & Nadiya
James & Abba
Jaymes & James
Max & Katie
Dave & Connor (Based on their Season 22 performance before we knew how whiny Dave actually is)
Caroline & Jennifer
Mona & Beth
Chuck & Wynona (Just for the Mullet)  :lol:
Nicky & Kim
Leo & Jamal
Tim & Marie

Almost any combination of these Teams would make for a seriously great Season.

The main factor in whether an All Star Season will be successful comes down to the availability / willingness (to compete again) of the teams.
And that's what happened us this time around.  :'(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »
And that is why... if you don't have it... don't do it. blahblah :funny: :stare

Offline LightDrop

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
I liked all 3, but thought Season 24 had a poor route/challenges. Season 24 only became unbearable when Dave started to whine a lot. Before that it was acceptable.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 02:55:36 PM »
And that is why... if you don't have it... don't do it. blahblah :funny: :stare

A potential way to fix this would be for producers to contact around 20 teams they'd like to return waaaaaay in advance, AND have the applications from the public as well.
This way, if there are any hiccups when it comes to the returning teams, they can scrap the All Star Season, and just have a normal season with the public teams they've chosen instead. 
If everything goes ahead as planned with all the returning teams, they could use the pubic teams for the following season.  (The public could be made aware of this during the application process.)

Obviously a lot more thought should be put into how this could be carried out, but this is quick run through of a possible scenario.  ???

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 04:30:40 PM »
I prefer select 20 potential returning teams
And have public vote for 11 to return
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 04:42:21 PM »

oh god no, that would be worse. If that were the case all you'd get were Cowboys, Globetrotters and Cancer every "All Stars" Season
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 05:34:38 PM »
Yeah, a "casuals" choice cast would be horrible.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »
*RFF collectively shudders*

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 01:07:56 AM »

oh god no, that would be worse. If that were the case all you'd get were Cowboys, Globetrotters and Cancer every "All Stars" Season

I will stop watching if that's happen  :groan: :groan:

Offline Gingerbeasts

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 01:13:09 AM »
The perfect all stars for me after UB is

Female Team:
Natalie/Nadiya
Nicky/Kim <--- They are better than the Country Singers tho, I can say they run their own race
Caroline/Jennifer (I actually love them on 22)

M/F
Tim/Marie
Max/Katie
Brendon/Rachel
Nicole/Travis
Bill/Cathi

M/M
Jaymes/James
Andy/Tommy
Mark/Bopper

19 = 2, 20 = 2, 21 = 2, 22 = 2, 23 = 3

I think that is perfect cast for me.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 02:19:20 AM »
It's still both funny and annoying to me how TAR can justify (did anyone even ask?) bringing the Cowboys, Globetrotters and Margie & Luke back for a 3rd time since TARUB was technically not an All-Star season.
The consolation is we won't ever need to see Dave & Connor on the Race ever again. :lol:  The bad thing, legitimate All-Stars who were on TAR24 were wasted on the worst season ever.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 01:28:31 PM »
It's still both funny and annoying to me how TAR can justify (did anyone even ask?) bringing the Cowboys, Globetrotters and Margie & Luke back for a 3rd time since TARUB was technically not an All-Star season.
The consolation is we won't ever need to see Dave & Connor on the Race ever again. :lol:  The bad thing, legitimate All-Stars who were on TAR24 were wasted on the worst season ever.

Not that there were even that many.  :groan:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »

Not that there were even that many.  :groan:
I agree.  That's why TAR24 really shouldn't have been called All-Stars and instead "Redemption" or some other gimmick like that.

If TARUB didn't exist, I think the legitimate All-Stars of those who were cast on either TAR18 or TAR24 would be:

Gary & Mallory
Flight Time & Big Easy
Kent & Vyxsin
Jet & Cord
Ron & Christina
Margie & Luke

Brendon & Rachel
Natalie & Nadiya
Leo & Jamal
Dave & Connor
Bopper & Mark

+ Jamie & Cara or Kisha & Jen

And of course there are still plenty of All-Star worthy teams post-TAR18 who could've easily filled TAR24's cast.

Which is why I think TAR11 is still the only REAL All-Star season  :yess:
There were definitely some omissions, but it was still a great cast full of great choices.
pre-TAR11 All-Stars > post-TAR11 All-Stars.

The Amazing Race: Ultimate should have more pre-TAR12 teams than post-TAR12, if ever that were to happen.  :hoot:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:20:02 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 03:16:16 PM »
^ The only teams that were robbed that I can think of were Tim & Marie, Brook & Claire (but they would both probably decline), and Zev & Justin.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 03:24:10 PM »
For a 3-peat, I think Kent & Vyxsin would be a better choice than Zev & Justin though, especially as an 'All-Star'

Zev & Justin are the perfect "Unfinished Business" team

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 04:05:58 PM »
Not a Kent and Vyxsin fan but I honestly think they've got more business than the Globbies in TAR 24. God knows why the producers love them so much too. Just like how I never know why James get to play Survivor thrice. -_-