Author Topic: The Amazing Race: Neighborhood Edition  (Read 5943 times)

Offline LosMetatesStudios

• RFF Newbie
    • Los Metates Studios' YouTube Channel
The Amazing Race: Neighborhood Edition
« on: November 04, 2014, 03:45:06 PM »
Hey TAR fans!  I'm a huge fan of the show, and several years ago I created a neighborhood race that followed a similar format to the actual show.  It started out as just a small competition that I set up for several of my friends, but I filmed the first season and have since organized and filmed four more seasons.  They've gotten bigger and better each year, with teams of two racing through my neighborhood completing Roadblocks, Detours, and other challenges, and of course, eliminations at the Pit Stops.  We've also included U-Turns, Fast Forwards, and Intersections over the years, and I also created a unique challenge called the Red Zone that gives eliminated teams an opportunity to get back in to the Race.  It's amazing (no pun intended) how my friends have created some of the same drama that is on the actual show - there have been some crazy rivalries and tight races to the Pit Stop over the years!

Anyways, like I said, I've filmed five seasons (Season 5 is currently being edited), and Seasons 1-4 are on my YouTube channel.  I heard about this forum and that you all are some of the best fans of the show anywhere on the Internet, so I wanted to tell you all about my version of the Race and see if you might be willing to check it out and give me feedback!  I'm always open to new ideas for future seasons, and I hope to keep making this fan version of the show better and better every year!  And besides, fans of TAR are the reason I film my race each year and post it online, so it'd be awesome if you would check it out and see what you think!   :)

Here's a link to the trailer for Season 4, so you can get a sense of what my version of the Race is like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_tP7uAcj3g&list=PLafPoCN2upHNBvoaKjbgQM_7-I1DZB-Qz&index=1

Thanks so much for your feedback, and I really hope you enjoy The Amazing Race: Neighborhood Edition!
Los Metates Studios - the home of The Amazing Race: Neighborhood Edition, the biggest fan-created neighborhood race in the world!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: Neighborhood Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »
omg i am big fan of show i was one should have teams at startline claping

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 06:00:16 PM »
Really awesome! Can't wait for Season 5!  :)
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 06:03:53 PM »
I saw Season 2. It was pretty good!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »
I've watched all your seasons before, and I thoroughly enjoyed them! Looking forward to Season 5.  :)
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 11:36:57 PM »
I'm watching them. Pretty aweomse! Nice work!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 12:34:09 AM »
Wow. I just finished watching Season 4. It was awesome. Looking forward to Season 5. Yay at 4 F/F teams!  :hearts:

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 01:14:14 AM »
Watching season 4 right now, and it seems pretty nice and organized. It actually has that TAR feel to it, sort of. I'm excited for season 5.  :wohoo:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 02:26:23 AM »
"...Greg hit a wall. Literally."

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Season 4 is really awesome. I don't really like the Red Zone twist but i get the principal of envolving the eliminated teams. Sounds like fair and cool.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 02:40:37 AM »
"...Greg hit a wall. Literally."

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Season 4 is really awesome. I don't really like the Red Zone twist but i get the principal of envolving the eliminated teams. Sounds like fair and cool.

That made me laugh too. There are quite a few funny quotes in this season, wish I kept a log for them. Only one I remember is "Sorry, wrong number. Bye.". Only on episode 4 though.

Offline LosMetatesStudios

• RFF Newbie
    • Los Metates Studios' YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 08:20:05 PM »
The first teaser for Season 5 has just been uploaded!  Check it out here: http://youtu.be/OTTU74mTcgY
Los Metates Studios - the home of The Amazing Race: Neighborhood Edition, the biggest fan-created neighborhood race in the world!

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »
The first teaser for Season 5 has just been uploaded!  Check it out here: http://youtu.be/OTTU74mTcgY

All of the season 5 teams will be either M/M or F/F (no M/F)??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:32:28 PM by georgiapeach »
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 01:19:07 PM »
TAR:NE Season 5 Trailer Released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAOs0OD6Fzo

Also, TAR:NE Season 5 premieres May 6th! :tup:

(Also if you looked at their facebook page, they are doing SURVIVOR soon! :o)
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.