Author Topic: Can a team use a u-turn when they have used a blind u-turn before ?  (Read 2401 times)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
The u-turn rule specifies that one team can only use one u-turn throughout the entire-race
It has been questioning that whether a team can use a u-turn when they have used a blind u-turn before :oh

There have been 2 occasions that the team used the blind u-turn before are still on the race when a normal u-turn appear
Season 14 Leg 10 (or 11) - Margie & Luke
Season 22 Leg 10 - Joey & Maghan

When i am rewatching season 22 , i found that the button of 'Joey & Maghan' is lit on the 'user tablet' on the u-turn board in leg 10 (the down right-hand corner)
Which indicates that Joey & Maghan is still able to use the u-turn if the u-turn hasn't been used by the other teams

That makes me wonder : Can Mike & Rochelle use another u-turn in the future after they have used a blind u-turn in Leg 1 ? :ascared

Please feel free to share your view :conf:

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Can a team use a u-turn when they have used a blind u-turn before ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 12:45:39 AM »
I think they can use U-turn again. Since back in the day while the U-turn is still the board with picture. Team need to place their team picture on the board. But they do NOT have to place their picture on the blind U-Turn board. So I think they can still use their picture to utilize U-Turn on the later race.

I think I've read somewhere where Luke from TAR14 said that they can still use the U-Turn in China 3 even if they already use the Blind-U-Turn in Russia 1. So I think the rule's probably still the same.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 10:53:15 AM »
Yes, this is brought up a lot, but Margie & Luke said in a TAR14 interview that they could still use the U-Turn in China and were even planning on using it before Tammy & Victor got there first.

The Blind U-Turn is considered a separate entity from a regular U-Turn.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 03:33:23 PM »
Yes, the Blind U-Turn doesn't waste a CoP
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »
Even on races where Courtesy Of's are "Digital".
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!