Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 6 SHOW updates and commentary!  (Read 10198 times)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 6 SHOW updates and commentary!
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 07:36:24 PM »
And we're back. Shelley & Nici ask for directions in a building. Someone gives them directions. Now they know where they're going.

Brooke & Robbie have enough milk. Robbie: "I feel like I just kissed a goat."

Amy & Maya arrive at goats. Tim & Te Jay are a hot mess at this tent thing. :lol:

Adam & Bethany checking to see if they have enough butter. They do! They're out of the detour in 2nd. Alli and Robbie still shaking.

Wow. Misti & Jim are already at the roadblock. Roadblock: Who has a knack of sliding things into place? Navigate a series of swinging bridges and ziplines. In the middle, solve a puzzle in time to avoid being overtaken by the other teams.

Misti doing the roadblock. THIS IS GORGEOUS, BUT SCARY TOO. Misti working on the first bridge. There are planks but then planks stop and you have to walk just on the rope. It's windy. And now back on planks. Now Misti is ziplining. Misti says she tried not to look down a lot, but she said it was beautiful. Now she's at the puzzle.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 07:37:09 PM »
Did they just? Did they just edit the camp like that? I don't even
:funny:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 07:38:32 PM »
SHELLEY & NICI FINALLY ARRIVE AT THE POTTERY STAND.

Amy & Maya now churning. Robbie says he's working his biceps and back. Robbie: "My biceps. Look at these babies!" Maya is basically getting her PhD in milk fat... :lol:

Tim & Te Jay getting inspection for their tent. And they're done the detour in 3rd!

Misti working on the puzzle. It's approved. HOW ARE THEY SO FAR AHEAD. More ziplining.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 07:42:54 PM »
What the heck. Misti's done. They're given a postcard with the pit stop location. Casbah D'...? Sorry, missed it. Misti & Jim leave as Adam & Bethany arrive.

Bethany is doing the roadblock. WOW. SHE'S ON THE BRIDGE. WHAT. THIS IS CRAZY. I'M SCARED FOR HER. :lol:

Kym & Alli finish the detour in 4th. Amy & Maya finish in 5th! Brooke & Robbie finish in 6th right after. They think they're in last. They see Shelley & Nici arriving.

Tim & Te Jay arrive at the roadblock in 3rd. Te Jay is good with puzzles but bad with heights lol.

Bethany takes her shoes off to use her feet to hold the puzzle together. It's right. Kym & Alli arrive in 4th. Te Jay building the puzzle and he realizes there's 2 sides. Alli is just crossing the bridge SO QUICKLY. SHE'S BASICALLY RUNNING ACROSS. She takes time to appreciate the view! :hrt:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 07:44:16 PM »
Adam & Bethany out of the roadblock in 2nd.

Wow. Misti & Jim arrive at the pit stop in 1st. They've won a trip for 2 to Brazil.

Pit Stop:
1st - Misti & Jim

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 07:46:31 PM »
Alli arrives at the puzzle. Te Jay and Alli are working together.

Shelley & Nici working on the butter.

Looks like Amy & Maya might be lost... Looks like they missed the roadblock location. Wrestlers arrive at the roadblock in 5th. Amy & Maya realize wrestlers aren't behind them anymore.

Brooke is doing the roadblock. Amy & Maya arrive at the roadblock.

Alli figures out the puzzle. She makes sure Te Jay got it as well. Alli first to zipline. Te Jay out right after.

Brooke arrives at the puzzle... She has no clue what to do.

Shelley & Nici finish the detour in last.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 07:47:40 PM »
Brooke's worried that Maya is going to arrive and Shelley & Nici are going to arrive. Maya arrives at the puzzle. Brooke's freaking out. She doesn't get it... I think she thinks that if she keeps complaining, maybe Maya will help her. :lol:

Commercial.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 07:48:15 PM »
Brooke <33333333333333

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »
Love the extreme roadblock. :hrt:

Brooke whining on the bridge was so funny. :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2014, 07:52:44 PM »
Brooke's still having trouble. Maya is encouraging Brooke.

Adam & Bethany arrive on the mat in 2nd. No official pit stop finish. :(

Pit Stop:
1st - Misti & Jim
2nd - Adam & Bethany

Brooke finally figures it out. YAY BROOKE. "Can I smash it now?" :lol:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2014, 07:54:13 PM »
Brooke & Robbie out of the roadblock in 5th.

Kym & Alli are team #3. Alli seems confused to hear that.

Tim & Te Jay 4th. The pit stop bird is landing on them. :lol:

Pit Stop:
1st - Misti & Jim
2nd - Adam & Bethany
3rd- Kym & Alli
4th - Tim & Te Jay

Amy & Maya out of the roadblock in 6th. Shelley & Nici arrive at the roadblock. Shelley doing the roadblock.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »
NEL PLEASE :((((((

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 07:56:28 PM »
Robbie carries Brooke to the mat. They're team #5.

Amy & Maya are team #6. The bird lands on Maya's head. Phil: "You're making the bird look good!" :lol:

Shelley finishes the roadblock and they arrive on the mat... Shelley & Nici are the last team to arrive. OH NO. AND THEY'VE BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THE RACE. :( :( :( :( :( Phil is happy that they're holding hands. Aw. :( They're glad that their relationship is better now. :'(

Pit Stop:
1st - Misti & Jim
2nd - Adam & Bethany
3rd- Kym & Alli
4th - Tim & Te Jay
5th - Brooke & Robbie
6th - Amy & Maya
7th - Shelley & Nici (ELIMINATED)

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2014, 07:56:55 PM »
"Stay tuned for scenes from our upcoming episodes!"

ooh what.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 07:57:21 PM »
SHELLEY & NICI FOR ALL STARS THX

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 07:59:16 PM »
"Stay tuned for scenes from our upcoming episodes!"

ooh what.
Yeah that was my reaction.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2014, 08:00:01 PM »
Still to come on this season of The Amazing Race...

Only 6 legs remain. As teams reach new heights and crash and burn, the pressure will mount. Every decision could be their last... Who will win the 1 million dollars and The Amazing Race?

SO MUCH IS HAPPENING IN THIS PREVIEW.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2014, 08:01:01 PM »
THAT PREVIEW WAS SUCH A PLEASANT SURPRISE! I MISSED THE SEASON PREVIEWS FROM SEASON 20 & 21 (although 21's preview was really underwhelming compared to 20's :lol: )

LOOKED AMAZING.

Anyway, I only caught the last half of third of this leg. It looked kinda boring/linear.

Love that Shelley/Nici got a nice sendoff. Shelley/Nici for All Stars 3

Alternate Episode Title: Not needed because "I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat" was one of the best in a while!
but "Can I Smash It Now" from Brooke was another great quote.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:09:06 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »
Brooke wanting to smash the puzzle: :funny: :funny: :funny:
What an entrance to the pit stop! :lol:
I'm enjoying the wrestlers so far. :lol: They're so funny.

Shelley & Nici were eliminated because they got lost. Common for self-driving legs I guess. *insert self-driving emoticon*

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »
ARI: 8.5/10
~It was a bit boring, but it shuffled the placements.
Detour: 10/10
~Both sides are equally difficult. :hrt:
Roadblock: 8.5/10
~Love the view, love watching the extreme heights. :hrt:

Bonus points for:
~Self-driving :luvya: :hrt: :wohoo: :hearts: :conf: :<3 :yess:
~Wrestlers' drama :funny: :funny: :funny:
~Dentists getting up once again. (They could've done that last leg if Misti noticed the one-hand earlier.)
~Shuffle of placements despite linear leg.
~Victims of self-driving.
~Culture
and more... ???

Overall: 11/10 :hrt: TAR25 continues to outshine TAR24.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2014, 08:13:24 PM »
The timing of that mid-season preview is a bit odd, since there is an episode next week, and not the week after. Wonder if CBS changed their scheduling after the first six episodes were edited post-production, as Phil even mentioned the mid-point of the Race on the mat with a couple of the teams.
Adam and Bethany are just an amazing team. Seriously. They're the closest thing to Kris and Jon from season six since Kris and Jon.
The leg itself continue the wonderful trend this season of tasks that are challenging, and animals always make some of these tasks harder. (Goats, take your bow!) It was good to see Shecky's relatives on the show again; they've been missed.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2014, 08:15:30 PM »
Also, Internationals please note!! The US comes off daylight savings time this Sunday, so NEXT weeks episode will be an hour later if you are outside the US! :waves:

Noted. Thank you! :hugs:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2014, 08:30:08 PM »
After-episode analysis
LEG 6 (Morocco) EPISODE ANALYSIS
BETTER TITLE QUOTE: "It's Really Hot and I Need My Sunscreen" - Kym
Tonight, the teams went to work with the rest of Marrakesh and its breathtaking surrounding settings. Stepping off the Pit Start, the duos jogged the old quarters to transport sacks of hay onto a dried mud rooftop. Heavy the hay is, the real challenge apparently was for keen eyes and navigation... Amy & Maya :snics:.. For not beating themselves out, they were rewarded with a free Moroccan carriage ride by a team of horses afterward. The next task is to drive smooth Ford sedans into the rural southern region of Marrakesh where they had to open their eyes to finding a clue box in amidst a marked pottery vendor. A Detour was encountered. After the Detour, teams went to T'erre de Amanar to perform tightrope acts of balance and fear conquering, a great Halloween task! Alas, the Pit Stop at a kasba proved to be an emotional and joyful awakening for many of the teams.

DETOUR: (Berber Living or Butter Leavening)
In Berber Living, teams had to construct an authentic Berber tent with the provided materials. Surprisingly, only Tim & Te Jay took a chance with this task despite its nonexistent time strain. I found the task interesting, but not intriguing. In Butter Leavening, teams had to milk a goat and churn butter using a traditional shake method while being serenades by a lovely Berber folk musician. The elapsed time to gyrate a solid blotch of butter took nearly an hour's work, but teams succeed with patience and focusing on nature, not pain. I really liked this cultural task.
DETOUR SCORE: 8.7/10

ROADBLOCK: (Who has a knack of sliding things in place?)
This Roadblock pitted teammates to a Halloween nightmare of facing two fears in one task - falling into a canyon and puzzles! Shocking! I never imagined Morocco having a scenery of green trees and Grand Canyon-like features. I've always imagined the rural regions of Morocco to be as desolate and dry like what TAR10 portrayed. I really loved the teams conquering their fear and channeling their fortuity of incredible heights, but the puzzle was quite simple even for a confused Brooke.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 9/10

OTHER SCORES:
TEAM DEVELOPMENT: 9/10
TEAM DRAMA: 10/10
EDITING: 8/10
SOUNDTRACK: 7/10
PIT STOP CONFIGURATION: 8/10 (Getting better because of less teams, but never aired Phil revealing TTJ and Brookie's placements)
BROOKE'S HAY THROWDOWN: 10/10 (No real comment, just out there.)
MISTI & JIM RE-DOMINATION: 10/10 (I don't care what anyone else opinionates!)
KYM's SINGING: 9/10 (Counting off for redundancy. :lol:)
OVERALL: 9/10

Cool episode tonight! :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:39:52 PM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2014, 10:34:25 PM »
Love that preview: Hopefully that Jim will have Colin's broken ox moments.  :conf:

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2014, 11:59:40 PM »
I knew it! I knew Robbie was the one stating the quote lol!!!

I don't think I have anything to say. So far TAR 25 is very compelling, including this leg! The season could've used a little more drama but I guess it's not that necessary for most of the casual viewers so no problem there. Seriously though this season is really good I am surprised the rating hasn't hit 2.0.

For the leg, well the roadblock was kinda linear but since the detour already shuffled up the placements a bit, I think it's fine. It would've been really cool for me to do that Roadblock in the first place anyway so...

Since we're half way, I think I will root for one or a couple teams like I usually did. The first one is certainly Brooke and Robbie  :yess:  Sure maybe when it comes to the race they are not as competent as the ALMIGHTY Dentists (who now have won 50% of the legs), or Kym and Alli, or Adam and Bethany, but cheering for those kinda teams is just too stereotypical, don't you think?. Plus for me It's kinda fun to have those Wrestlers around. I really want to see them in the final leg, racing!!!  :hoot:

I am still in doubt for the second team, though. I guess I am gonna have to wait for the second half of the season.

Amy and Maya need to step up now!!!  Like major step up!!! Beat those dentists! I want their teeth on a silver platter!!!