Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 5 SHOW updates and commentary! Thanks Updaters!  (Read 16766 times)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 5 SHOW updates and commentary! Thanks Updaters!
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »
I don't know but why did Keith have to wait for Whitney to receive the clue?
Normally, after finishing the Roadblock, the Roadblock performer receives the clue by himself/herself before reuniting with his/her partner to read it, right?

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2014, 10:36:13 PM »
Misti and Jim seem like a really strong couple. I do not understand Shelley. I did not care for Keith and Whitney much until this leg. Whitney talks a lot. U-turn karma usually takes out the u-turner, so watch out Shelley and Nici. I did not expect the bikers to do so well, power to them.

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2014, 07:46:28 AM »
minus the "PHIL-NOT-SAYING-EVERY-TEAM-PLACEMENT-AT-THE-PITSTOP"
i consider this episode equal to the quality of the ones in sseason 18, which is a fabulous thing 
 :conf:for the ARI, roadblock and detour
 :conf: for more exciting music
 :conf: well-thought roadblock and detour

hopefully the episodes get better. although i hate to say the preview of the next episode looks quite boring, but you never know. :D

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2014, 09:22:36 AM »
OK......... This Leg was just :<3
Kym & Alli winning 2 Legs in a ROW!  :<3
Nicci going from last to 1st at the RB!  :<3
ARI, Detour, RB and Speedbump in the same Leg!  :<3  (Have we even ever had this before?  ???)
Everyone bunched together for the majority of the Leg!  :<3

The only downsides were that Jim & Misti weren't U-Turned, although it probably wouldn't have affected them much anyway, and Phil once again not announcing all team placements.  :groan:

I REALLY want to like them, because they actually seem like really nice people, and with Misti's continuation to miss details, and fumble at almost every task she does, it makes them so much more human, and not this "Super-Human, Invincible" Team that they (And Editing) want us to think they are.
Kym & Alli however, are slowly becoming my favourite F/F Team ever I think.  :hearts:
I can't think of a better episode than this is recent memory.  :wohoo:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:27:12 PM by nmccarroll91 »
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2014, 03:18:33 PM »
Out of Boredom, here's the Team Averages after Leg 5:

1. Kym & Alli - 3
2. Adam & Bethany - 3.4
3. Misti & Jim - 3.6
4. Tim & Te Jay - 4.6
5. Brooke & Robbie - 4.8
6. Keith & Whitney - 5.4
7. Amy & Maya - 6
8. Shelley & Nicci - 6.2

It's crazy that Kym & Alli are officially the strongest team in the Race, and even though I still look at Jim & Misti as the strongest, they're only just on the Podium in 3rd. 

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »
Out of Boredom, here's the Team Averages after Leg 5:

1. Kym & Alli - 3
2. Adam & Bethany - 3.4
3. Misti & Jim - 3.6
4. Tim & Te Jay - 4.6
5. Brooke & Robbie - 4.8
6. Keith & Whitney - 5.4
7. Amy & Maya - 6
8. Shelley & Nicci - 6.2

It's crazy that Kym & Alli are officially the strongest team in the Race, and even though I still look at Jim & Misti as the strongest, they're only just on the Podium in 3rd.
Kym/Alli have won as many legs as Jim/Misti, and they've never finished last *cough, cough*
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2014, 04:32:57 PM »
Kym/Alli have won as many legs as Jim/Misti, and they've never finished last *cough, cough*

I know, it's great!  :lol:
It's so strange, because when I think about the Season as a whole so far, I instantly just think of Misti & Jim being the most dominant team.................. which is clearly not the case.  :hoot:

I'd love them to stay at the bottom for the rest of the Race now, just to keep Jim humbled. (I think I'd be able to grow to LOVE them if this happened)  :lol:

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »

It's so strange, because when I think about the Season as a whole so far, I instantly just think of Misti & Jim being the most dominant team.................. which is clearly not the case.  :hoot:

I'd love them to stay at the bottom for the rest of the Race now, just to keep Jim humbled. (I think I'd be able to grow to LOVE them if this happened)  :lol:
Jim: I want us to be the most dominant team in TAR history.
*finishes last*
 :funny:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »
This episode is really epic! Together with last episode both are Emmy winning materials!
It would be better if they explore more areas around Marrakesh though, right now it's all in the market and medina area.

I am watching those extra videos on YouTube but I don't understand why they have some free time to kill in the plaza? So that means there's a HoO before the ARL? But from the episode it doesn't seem like the case? A bit confused...

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2014, 05:01:12 PM »
This episode is really epic! Together with last episode both are Emmy winning materials!
It would be better if they explore more areas around Marrakesh though, right now it's all in the market and medina area.

I am watching those extra videos on YouTube but I don't understand why they have some free time to kill in the plaza? So that means there's a HoO before the ARL? But from the episode it doesn't seem like the case? A bit confused...

I agree with everything you said.
This episode is without doubt worthy of an Emmy win, and I would've liked to see them go around Marrakesh more, but the upside to staying in the market was the epic bunch togetherness.  :lol:

But YES!!!!! I was thinking they exact same thing about when they found the time to wander around the city.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »

*finishes last*

Yeah, it's hilarious -- and ironic too!   :funny:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2014, 07:28:47 PM »
What is the Twinnie scheme of U-turn? Sorry, don't get it.  ??? :lol:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2014, 07:44:13 PM »
What is the Twinnie scheme of U-turn? Sorry, don't get it.  ??? :lol:

The scheme is basically:

Teams A and B made an alliance to take out of the race Team C by using the U-Turn.

Team A use the first spot of the U-Turn on Team C.
Team B use the second spot of the U-Turn on Team A, don't allow Team C to use it on another team, so if there's more teams behind them all those couples surpass them leaving Team C in last place.
Of course, to be effective Teams A and B must be ahead of Team C.

In the season where this scheme was used, three teams were part of the "executioners alliance" (Twinnies, Chippendales and Trexi) and the victim were Abbie & Ryan.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2014, 02:44:27 AM »

*finishes last*

Yeah, it's hilarious -- and ironic too!   :funny:

:funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2014, 11:45:46 AM »
Kym and Allie has the best average now of all the teams. I don't know if that has ever happened for an all-female team to have the best average amongst all the remaining teams in a season.

Even Jill and Thomas had a better average than Nat and Kat! :funny:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2014, 12:08:53 PM »
Kym and Allie has the best average now of all the teams. I don't know if that has ever happened for an all-female team to have the best average amongst all the remaining teams in a season.

Even Jill and Thomas had a better average than Nat and Kat! :funny:

I think Dustin/Kandice may have the best average placing in Season 11? I'm sure they did better than Eric/Danielle!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2014, 09:15:17 PM »
Nope their average is 2.9 plus and Rob and Amber has got 2.75 lol

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2014, 03:26:08 AM »
Actually, from that season, Oswald & Danny got the highest finishing average.

I don't understand why Phil not saying their placements is that important. As long as the editing (the flow of the shot) is great, it's all good. It was weird at first, but it's getting better, right? Besides, at least now, they are showing the introduction theme each episode :hoot:
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2014, 06:23:37 AM »
It's okay if they don't show the placements as long as it's not a 3 seconds focus on Amy and Maya that is irrelevant to them finishing the leg. :funny: