Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 5 SHOW updates and commentary! Thanks Updaters!  (Read 16786 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 5 SHOW updates and commentary! *UPDATER NEEDED*
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2014, 09:50:19 PM »
That episode was perfection. Moroccan culture delivered immensely <3 Even better we get to see another side of it next week!  :conf:

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2014, 10:05:31 PM »
Keithney  :'( :'(
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2014, 10:27:05 PM »
The speed bump carpet shop I believe was the same one used in TAR3 for Teri and Ian's ff.
and the RB location for TAR3 was the same as the W-Turn
Neat throwback trade-off, and wasn't Jemaa el Fna TAR3's escargot-serving Roadblock location?

I believe Café Glacier was the Pit Stop... I remember being saddened by Michael & Kathy finding out they arrived in last place and seeing a balcony wall behind them.
Cafe Glacier was where teams received the RB clue, they served snails in Jemaa el Fnaa Square. Remember the HOO which bunched teams exempt Teri & Ian and Aaron & Arianne until 5 pm?
Riad Catalina was the Pit Stop
Ahh, okay. Thanks for the clarification! :waves:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

paldog123456

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2014, 10:46:26 PM »
The speed bump Pit Stop carpet shop I believe was the same one used in TAR3 for Teri and Ian's ff.
and the RB location for TAR3 was the same as the W-Turn
Neat throwback trade-off, and wasn't Jemaa el Fna TAR3's escargot-serving Roadblock location?

I believe Café Glacier was the Pit Stop... I remember being saddened by Michael & Kathy finding out they arrived in last place and seeing a balcony wall behind them.

I think you're right. That Roadblock is the only one Flo did all season. :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2014, 10:53:15 PM »
Anyone notice Amy & Maya progressively getting more screentime every week? <3

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2014, 11:12:40 PM »
NOOOO!!! My first pick for the final 3 was booted already????

Keith and Whitney had a really bad leg. They were first before the Roadblock :(

I think Shelley and Nici made the right and wrong decision with that W-Turn.
It was right because Keith and Whitney were for sure behind them, but
It was mostly wrong because:
a. They were quite ahead so I don't think u-turning another team is that necessary. There's another one that will probably appear before leg 9 and they can no longer use that.
b. Since they were the only team to utilize a u-turn, they were quite an easy target for the upcoming one because again, they can no longer use a u-turn.
c. They should have u-turn the dentists so maybe, MAYBE, they would get last and the safe will be utilized. Now the dentists are safe no matter what for the upcoming leg and Shelley and Nici are NOT
d. Keith and Whitney were too far behind anyway so why bother push them even more behind

RIP Keith and Whitney! I say they return for a comeback season lol! And OMG Amy and Maya is the only team left that hasn't made the podium! 

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2014, 11:18:33 PM »
An insider video uploaded on the The Amazing Race YouTube channel shows Keith & Whitney U-Turning Amy & Maya.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2014, 11:28:15 PM »
I liked Kym & Allies performance, they now tie with the Twinnies and Charla & Mirna for two leg wins. Hopefully they win more legs. I did not like how Jim was mocking Maya at the Roadblock about how they were experiencing the local culture, he was probably channeling his inner KKKendra. I was surprised that Shelley & Nici were relevant to this episode and even got their own montage, I thought they were doomed to be eliminated. I liked the confessionals we got from all the girl teams KA's head twirling was hilarious, we got an update on SN's breakdown aftermath and we got to know AM more. Also Bethany keeps rocking it and impressing everyone.

I'm glad Keithney got eliminated since I felt they had the least drive to keep going and they were the least entertaining.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2014, 11:32:51 PM »
An insider video uploaded on the The Amazing Race YouTube channel shows Keith & Whitney U-Turning Amy & Maya.

really? they were in both detours back and forth. They should have realized there are no more teams left at the either site except them. I think they know it's a lost cause.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 11:33:54 PM »
I think the U-TURN was more personal than strategic for Shelley/Nici and tbh, if a U-TURN has a personal agenda plus they are getting rid of a team who has proven to be stronger than them, why not?

My bigger question is if teams sort of know that Misti and Jim are still behind them, why not U-TURN them to burn out the Save? Then again, they probably had a good r/s with Misti/Jim and because the race is trying to portray the dentists as the Villians, they completely left the mingling with the other teams out.

Also, pre-race I would have expected Amy and Maya and Shelley/Nici to make F7 so... WOW! <3

And yay for Kym and Allie winning a leg where everyone is on equal grounds with them.

Misti and Jim still can beat Dave and Rachel's 8 legs record if they win all the remaining legs. :funny: Let's see it happen! :DD LOL

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2014, 11:36:04 PM »

really? they were in both detours back and forth. They should have realized there are no more teams left at the either site except them. I think they know it's a lost cause.

They U-Turned them right after finding out they were U-Turned (before going to/completing the second Detour). They knew they were last but they just decided to give it a shot. Glad they didn't quit despite being dead last at night.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »
I'm glad Keithney got eliminated since I felt they had the least drive to keep going and they were the least entertaining.

Yes yes yes! Least drive. There's just this thing about Keith which made it seem like he didn't want to be on Survivor, and now Amazing Race!

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2014, 11:39:53 PM »

They U-Turned them right after finding out they were U-Turned (before going to/completing the second Detour). They knew they were last but they just decided to give it a shot. Glad they didn't quit despite being dead last at night.

I thought they switched detours from the twirling to the one with the tea so that's why I said they were already in both sites prior to the w-turn

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2014, 11:41:09 PM »
WOW that was a chaotic leg... and I loved it. :lol: Kym & Alli and Adam & Bethany seemed to be calm and mostly under the radar throughout the leg. Glad they finished first and second.

Also glad to see Shelley & Nici working together much better this leg. :hearts: Jim is definitely not getting a great edit and Misti seemed quite flustered. Quite different than how they started this race...

Tasks were cool and the crazy environment made it 10x better. TAR 25 is really delivering! :hoot:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2014, 11:41:20 PM »
My bigger question is if teams sort of know that Misti and Jim are still behind them, why not U-TURN them to burn out the Save?

I think one team made it clear that they wanted to save the U-Turn for later. Think about it: if you U-Turn Misti and Jim but they end up not being last and keeping the Save, then you would have burned your U-Turn power. Once another team was U-Turned, Misti & Jim's probability of being last decreased dramatically (based on their performance). It might have worked if two teams pulled out Twinnie scheme of U-Turning the Dentists and burning the second slot so that no one would fall behind them.

Compared to the Express Pass where it burns automatically with a U-Turn, a team has a greater chance of keeping their Save if another team has been U-Turned with them.
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2014, 11:46:42 PM »
My bigger question is if teams sort of know that Misti and Jim are still behind them, why not U-TURN them to burn out the Save?

I think one team made it clear that they wanted to save the U-Turn for later. Think about it: if you U-Turn Misti and Jim but they end up not being last and keeping the Save, then you would have burned your U-Turn power. Once another team was U-Turned, Misti & Jim's probability of being last decreased dramatically (based on their performance). It might have worked if two teams pulled out Twinnie scheme of U-Turning the Dentists and burning the second slot so that no one would fall behind them.

Compared to the Express Pass where it burns automatically with a U-Turn, a team has a greater chance of keeping their Save if another team has been U-Turned with them.

yup. Misti and Jim would mostly u-turn Amy and Maya or Keith and Whitney and still survive the leg with the Safe. I was just surprised no other teams went for them lol. Probably I got fed up way too much with the editing works for Jim that I wanna see him and Misti getting screwed yet again lol.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2014, 11:49:06 PM »
Tasks were cool and the crazy environment made it 10x better. TAR 25 is really delivering! :hoot:

it really is! and they called last season All Stars! Pfft give my booty a break!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2014, 11:51:03 PM »
Probably I got fed up way too much with the editing works for Jim that I wanna see him and Misti getting screwed yet again lol.

I think the editors are emphasizing how Misti keeps messing up; but I have to say I like how Jim is not giving her a hard time. Either they end up losing by one of Misti's mistakes or they learn how to overcome that weakness.
The story so far:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2014, 01:20:22 AM »
I like Misti and Jim's team dynamic and know that it's the edit that's influencing us to NOT like them.

And yea, after reading about the Save pass usage from Jim. It makes no sense to U-TURN them because unless a Twinnie scheme is pulled out, Misti and Jim's SAVE will still be there and they will use their U-TURN. And teams probably like Misti and Jim but because they are supposed to be the Villians we don't see any of their interaction with the other teams.

I love this leg, but let's just establish the fact that if you're going to have a U-TURN with no chance of recovery, either you put it on a NEL, or don't have it. :/

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2014, 04:04:14 AM »
I think it was just on a simple sorry? ???

Misti said sorry to Nici when the former bumped the latter.
As for angry Keith, Shelley just kept her calm and released everything by the U-turn.

This is just my guess.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2014, 04:14:52 AM »
Definitely a really good episode! Love the fact that all five episodes on this season beat all the legs of Season 24. :hoot:

Am I wrong or the whole leg was just literally in Jemaa el-Fnaa and its surroundings? Because Shelly & Nici never had their bags taken since arriving at the square and took it when they went to Pit Stop.

The only thing that I don't really like in this leg is the Pit Stop location. There are SO many beautiful locations in Marrakesh for the Pit Stop and the production picked a carpet shop. :groan:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2014, 06:21:51 AM »
I really love this leg!! Adam & Bethany were so close to win, but i'm extremely happy for Kym & Alli! :)

Bethany doing the RB was <3
I feel a bit sad for Keith and Whitney, but it's ok.

I think the next leg will be awesome! Brooke on the wooden bridge will be cool. :P heheh
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 5 SHOW updates and commentary! Thanks Updaters!
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2014, 12:06:48 PM »
God, this leg was so close, from the restaurant task, to the Roadblock (everyone got lost and then stuck at the same corner, where the shop is by the side), and then together at the Roadblock.. and then the Detour.

It is unfair to say that the head turning Detour was easier. That was skill. The tea pouring was detailed oriented and of course skill's involved but it's pretty easy to pour tea that way (I've tried it). I think this is the first time I really really liked a Detour at a U-TURN which is fair, both at the same location and both seemed to be equally challenging.

The Roadblock was pretty culturally relevant and the drama made it better. Active Route Info was interesting but definitely amazing to know/see how these stalls work.

Amazing amazing leg. I think that even though the Detour gave Keith and Whitney no chance to move forward, they sort of really brought it upon themselves by getting in a quarrel with another team. Shelley and Nici were right, Whitney wasn't there yet, so why not just let them get the clue. It's probably just 1 second difference and Keith's competitiveness sort of did them in.

In any case, without the U-TURN they would have been toast either. So, bad on Shelley and Nici for wasting their U-TURN, but they did sealed the Survivor's fate.

AWESOME LEG. <3 This season make Allstars laughable.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2014, 03:37:32 PM »

Yeah, they probably were hoping for a miracle but deep down inside knew it wasn't going to happen.

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2014, 04:59:23 PM »
I thought I saw Whitney taking opening the U-Turn pictures box at the W-Turn watching the episode, so this must be it.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm