Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 5 SHOW updates and commentary! Thanks Updaters!  (Read 16769 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 5 SHOW updates and commentary! *UPDATER NEEDED*
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2014, 07:51:25 PM »
Yay for Kym & Alli and Adam & Bethany! :conf:

The W-turn suspense is killing me. :gaah: They're so good at this. If they U-turn Nashville, they're done, because Dentists still have a Save.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2014, 07:51:55 PM »
Detour at the end of the leg with U-turn in play? Don't like that. Although it happened at least once before as I recall (season 19?)

Many times ^^

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2014, 07:52:17 PM »
Shelley & Nici finish the Detour in 3rd!

They get to the Pit Stop, they're U-Turning Keithney or Dentists!

Then we cut to commercial :lol:

hahaha that made laugh  :funny: sounds like kidney

I liked the editing of Nici&Shelley's choices for the u-turn!

Oh Man, Such a great episode!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2014, 07:53:12 PM »
Detour at the end of the leg with U-turn in play? Don't like that. Although it happened at least once before as I recall (season 19?)
tar 18 leg 9
tar 19 leg 7 & leg 8
tar 21 leg 3
tar 22 leg 5 & leg 10
tar 24 leg 10

they have done this for some many times :knuckles:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2014, 07:56:59 PM »
We're back!

Shelley & Nici U-Turning Keith & Whitney! :OOOOO

Tea Time:

Tim & Te Jay in 4th!

Misti & Jim in 5th!

Brooke & Robbie in 6th!

Twirl Time:

Whitney wants to switch Detour. They choose not to.

Amy and Maya in 7th!

U-Turn:

Tim & Te Jay not U-Turning anybody!
Brooke & Robbie and Dentists not U-Turning!
Amy & Maya not U-Turning!

Brooke: I thought your ass was gonna be U-Turned :lol:

Pit Stop:

Tim & Te Jay is Team Number Three!
Shelley & Nici is Team Number Four! <3
Brooke & Robbie are Team Number Five!
Misti & Jim is Team Number Six!
Amy & Maya are Team Number Seven!

Keithney in dead last at night. They are eliminated :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2014, 07:57:43 PM »

I love it that way.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2014, 07:59:39 PM »
Keith & Whitney probably chose the wrong Detour.  Had they taken the Tea one, they might have survived.  Although since Shelly & Nici U-Turned them, they might still be out anyway.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2014, 08:00:42 PM »
Preview:

Head Shave FF switchback? :O

Teams milking? :lol:

Amy & Maya and Misti & Jim chasing after goats.

Brooke walks on a rope bridge.

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2014, 08:00:55 PM »
tar 18 leg 9
tar 19 leg 7 & leg 8
tar 21 leg 3
tar 22 leg 5 & leg 10
tar 24 leg 10

they have done this for some many times :knuckles:

As a Jet&Cord fan I should remember THAT one ;)

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2014, 08:02:03 PM »
Preview:

Teams milking? :lol:

Amy & Maya and Misti & Jim chasing after goats.

Brooke tightrope walks or something.

It seems to me that they may be making butter in the traditional way (shaking the hanged bag)

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »
What a great episode... even the elimination edit was great! And the team I care about the least got eliminated so I'm totally ok with this!  :yess:

Hey! It works to keep the tensioin up. And when you have multiple teams fighting to avoid elimination, this usually adds more and more pressure to it.

The preview looks a laid back episode... the bridge is probably a FF so  :yess: I've missed them!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »
Whoa with the U-turn. Either way, Keithney is dead last, because of their struggle.

I would've said I wished it was a NEL, but we just had one. :lol:

Brooke & Robbie are still funny. :funny: They better stay for a while.

Poor Keithney though, they found the rb 1st, but their struggle at the detour finished them off. :( The U-turn was just an extra effort to them. If the dentists were U-turned, Keithney would still be struggling, so it's a lose-lose situation for them I guess. :(

I'm glad I have no teams to hate. :lol: It felt pretty weird. ???

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2014, 08:08:22 PM »
Keithney.  :'(

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2014, 08:09:18 PM »
The Rope Bridge Task could be at Park Lands Amanar
http://www.riad-menzeh.com/english/our-services/adventure/

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

NoluckBoston

« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »
Per strategy would have U turned the Tooth fairies and flushed the save. 

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2014, 08:15:57 PM »
Per strategy would have U turned the Tooth fairies and flushed the save.
Keith & Whitney were too far behind, the U-Turn didn't matter.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2014, 08:17:50 PM »
The speedbump slowed down the dentists. It really made them HAVE to catch up. (10/10)
The ARI determined who gets to the rb 1st, but at least there's one. Bonus points for the slight challenge. :hrt: (10/10)
The rb is quite a challenge I guess. Bonus points for the smell and slight drama. (12/10)
The detour is great! :hugs: Bonus points for struggles here and there, and also for the evening setting for at least one team. The U-turn is also for bonus points, whether it is used, half-used, or not used. (18/10)

Adding drama, memorable moments, inconsistent switching of placements, and more...
Overall: 25/10 :conf: :hearts: :hrt: :luvya: :colors :wohoo: :<3 :lol: :bunny One of the best episode in ages. This is one of my favorites now. I can say that TAR25 delivered better with this one episode compared to the whole TAR24. The improvement is amazing!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »
What an amazing episode! After seasons of asking for it: we finally got a [good] leg with a Route Info Task, a Roadblock, and a Detour all in one! Don't forget the Speed Bump (which seemed time-consuming, but when Phil said they were at least 12 minutes behind, I was like ??? ) as well. The tasks continue to deliver - one of this season's pros!

1. Kym & Alli - Wasn't expecting them to win another leg since everyone was equalized. But they proved that they can still be the best even on the same ground as the other teams. We didn't see too much of them sadly until they randomly won the leg. Their spinning heads was :lol:
2. Adam & Bethany - Finally saw Bethany do a Roadblock (surprised she did this one & not last week's). She's a real trooper. This team continues to be one of my favorites.
3. Tim & Te Jay - We saw a little bit more of them this week. Ready to Morocc'and Roll. Hated seeing them fall to last after getting the through Roadblock right first.
4. Shelley & Nici - Loved them this episode! I wish they were more like this in the previous legs. I REALLY wanted to see them get a Top 3 finish though  :'( Wish they U-Turned the Dentists, but I guess it was smarter to U-Turn Keith & Whitney because they KNOW they were still behind.
5. Brooke & Robbie - Hated to see them struggle in the Detour & fall behind. Attention to detail... Didn't see too much of them this episode.
6. Misti & Jim - Okay Jim, you're gonna come back to the top we get it. We got to see more Misti in action... under a bad light, unfortunately.
7. Amy & Maya - Not toooo much of them this week. But that's nothing new... Sucked to see them fall behind at the Roadblock.
8. Keith & Whitney - They were doing so well... reminds me of Jessica & John from last season in their elimination leg. They were growing on me too. I didn't mind their little arguments tbh :lol: Their confrontation with Shelley/Nici wasn't as heated as the previews made it seem...

It was nice to see a nice elimination edit though. I HATE when eliminated teams are only edited for 30 seconds at the end (see: Dennis & Isabelle, leg 2).

These past 2 episodes have really delivered, I must say. Please let it continue ... as we got another animal task next week!

LOVE: Kym & Alli, Adam & Bethany, Shelley & Nici, Brooke & Robbie
LIKE: Tim & Te Jay, Amy & Maya
NEUTRAL: Misti & Jim
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 08:24:06 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »
Thanks for updating Samual and gamer! Much appreciated. :hrt: Sounds like a great episode. Still stuck at school so let's see if I can make it back home to watch the PST airing... :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2014, 08:37:17 PM »
After-episode analysis
LEG 5 (Denmark --> Morocco) EPISODE ANALYSIS
BETTER TITLE QUOTE: "I Have a Knot on My Forehead" - Shelley
Tonight, we saw the teams break down, break into music, and break into extreme tempers in the arid, historical center of Marrakesh, Morocco. When they first stepped foot onto the Jemaa el Fna plaza, a vendor cart was set up rather quickly and the teams were speeding off to complete their core tasks. After a series of kicking & screaming, faltering & outright failing, the teams concluded their Leg with a throwback visit to Café Glacier and a fresh Pit Stop location - an embellished carpet shop.
(Fun fact: Café Glacier was also a Pit Stop location in TAR3)

SPEED BUMP: (Carpet hooking)
In this Speed Bump, Misti & Jim had to use a hook to hang and tie six carpets on a thin strand of string. A task requiring patience and a bit of strength, the challenge is a direct hit on the board. It took long enough to balance the rugs, but not fall too behind everyone else.
SPEED BUMP SCORE: 10/10

ROADBLOCK: (Who is great at "hiding" a secret?)
This Roadblock forced teammates to scrape animal fur off of its hides then deliver pre-dried hides to a little shop in the middle of old town. Pluses to this task includes the cultural reference to Marrakesh's open-air scene at a tannery, confusing navigation among the labyrinth pathways, and the major mix-up of teams while completing this task. A negative while watching this is the insipid editing which has been an issue all season. Nevertheless, a very unique task that flipped the team placements head over heels.
ROADBLOCK SCORE: 9.7/10

DETOUR: (Trance Dance or Sweet Tea)
In Trance Dance, teams had to boogie to the beat of drums by using their head... (in a Phil voice) literally! A seemingly boring task to watch, I was surprised how difficult it really was for certain racers, especially Whitney. Despite the lackluster viewpoint from the audience, I enjoyed the frustrations of teams getting the rhythm just right. In Sweet Tea, teams had to serve petite cups of herbal tea in a traditional Moroccan etiquette: use one hand to hold a platter of cups while utilizing two others pouring the refreshment in a waterfall motion. I found the task decent enough with the only challenge being reading the clue properly, but I hope this is the limit for seasonal waiter tasks.
DETOUR SCORE: 8/10

OTHER SCORES:
TEAM DEVELOPMENT: 8/10
TEAM DRAMA: 8/10 (Shelley & Nici made a wrong choice at the U-Turn)
EDITING: 8/10
SOUNDTRACK: 7.5/10
PIT STOP CONFIGURATION: 8/10 (Better, but still never verbally announced 4th to 6th)
SHELLEY & NICI's BIPOLAR EDIT: 10/10 (I don't know why, but I loved it!)
HEAD-SPINNING EXCITING TIME: 8/10
OVERALL: 8.5/10

Best episode of the season! :<3
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2014, 08:53:42 PM »
Alternate Episode Titles:
"Ready to Morocc'and Roll" - Tim (I think that's the complete phrase? I just like longer titles :lol: )
"Butterflies Out of My Stomach" - Bethany
"Like Shaving My Back" - Adam
"Push Me One More Time" - Keith
"I Have No Rhythm" - Amy or Maya?

I should work for the title crew :lol:  :-[
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:26:37 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2014, 08:59:07 PM »
I didn't know where to slot in Kym and Allie for they were not seen anywhere except at the Detour which they seemed to be struggling. LOL so they proved me wrong and continued to dominate.

<33333

And nobody U-TURN the Dentists? Wow.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »
The speed bump carpet shop I believe was the same one used in TAR3 for Teri and Ian's ff.
and the RB location for TAR3 was the same as the W-Turn

The carpet shop for the FF looks more like the Pit Stop tbh
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:12:08 PM by Bookworm »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2014, 09:13:46 PM »
The speed bump Pit Stop carpet shop I believe was the same one used in TAR3 for Teri and Ian's ff.
Neat throwback trade-off, and wasn't Jemaa el Fna TAR3's escargot-serving Roadblock location?

I believe Café Glacier was the Pit Stop... I remember being saddened by Michael & Kathy finding out they arrived in last place and seeing a balcony wall behind them.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2014, 09:15:56 PM »
The speed bump carpet shop I believe was the same one used in TAR3 for Teri and Ian's ff.
Neat throwback trade-off, and wasn't Jemaa el Fna TAR3's escargot-serving Roadblock location?

I believe Café Glacier was the Pit Stop... I remember being saddened by Michael & Kathy finding out they arrived in last place and seeing a balcony wall behind them.
Cafe Glacier was where teams received the RB clue, they served snails in Jemaa el Fnaa Square. Remember the HOO which bunched teams exempt Teri & Ian and Aaron & Arianne until 5 pm?
Riad Catalina was the Pit Stop