Author Topic: TAR 25 Memory Task  (Read 21275 times)

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 25 Memory Task
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2014, 01:44:02 PM »
Well with the exception of Morocco, every place so far has been an Island.  What about that?
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2014, 02:06:27 PM »
Denmark isn't an island either.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2014, 02:08:25 PM »

Leg 1:  Blackbeard
Leg 2: Pearly Man/Woman
Leg 3: Puffin
Leg 4: Swedish students
Leg 5: ???
Leg 6: possibly the man in the horse carriages who gave teams their clue after the hay task
Leg 7: The racing legend after the RB (?) or tarantella dancers
Leg 8: The knights
Leg 9: Guy with ONWARD SINGAPORE board
edited legs 1, 4, 6, and 7 with possibilities

Some teams don't know about Swedish students because they did not do the geography extra task

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »
Denmark isn't an island either.
Copenhagen is located on an island
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2014, 03:27:32 PM »
Why can't we be surprised? #funkiller

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2014, 04:53:17 PM »
I think it could just be a random one so currency / countries / language / Ect

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2014, 07:54:27 PM »
I refuse to see Singapore as an island, even though it pretty much is. Better to term it city or country.

Offline Zachary

• RFF Sr. Member
  • YESSS THEY ARE!!!!
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2014, 10:27:53 AM »
Singapore IS a country!

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2014, 07:32:53 PM »
Just thinking about this as I am fixing dinner.  What about the memory task being Phil sightings but not"Phil" but the background being the task.  Not every one will see Phil but they will have seen the background.  Any thoughts or should I just go back to making dinenr? 
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline dirkdaryl

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
Guessing the silhouette of island/countries visited ???

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2014, 05:00:13 AM »
Leg 5 could be the giver after the RB. The one from the argue between Shelley & Nici and Keith & Whitney.
This could be true. Remember both team members must be present to receive the next clue?
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2014, 12:46:52 AM »
It's possible islands could have been the original idea - it's too bizarre not to have been when every location except one was an island - but that it was changed to something like cluegivers if Morocco was an emergency leg or something. With the big jump from Malta to Singapore, it seems possible the original route could have been straight from Copenhagen to Palermo, and then from Malta to... whichever of Bahrain or Qatar is the island, I always get them mixed up... to Singapore.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2014, 12:55:32 AM »
It's possible islands could have been the original idea - it's too bizarre not to have been when every location except one was an island - but that it was changed to something like cluegivers if Morocco was an emergency leg or something. With the big jump from Malta to Singapore, it seems possible the original route could have been straight from Copenhagen to Palermo, and then from Malta to... whichever of Bahrain or Qatar is the island, I always get them mixed up... to Singapore.

Bahrain

Offline mikelee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2014, 07:39:07 AM »
There was a screen-cap in a shipyard in the finale preview. There were what looked like 3 letters on each shipyard container. My guess is airport codes for each leg/country of the race...  ???

I do miss the old difficult memory tasks (surfboard task in Hawaii, the "get everything on the platform" challenge in Alaska)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2014, 07:40:27 AM »
That is a great idea!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2014, 07:55:43 AM »
There was a screen-cap in a shipyard in the finale preview. There were what looked like 3 letters on each shipyard container. My guess is airport codes for each leg/country of the race...  ???

I do miss the old difficult memory tasks (surfboard task in Hawaii, the "get everything on the platform" challenge in Alaska)

That's actually a possible idea! Airport codes MIGHT be a bit confusing, so we'll see...

Also, welcome to RFF!  :bigwelcome

Offline mikelee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2014, 08:03:34 AM »
Thanks!  :waves: I have always lurked and read people's comments but I figure that I'd contribute this time. I wonder what preparation each team has for the memory task, as smart teams would write as much as possible about everything they can remember (airport, locations, food, people, money), while most others just wing it. Tammy and Victor come to mind with their "note-taking"...

Honestly, some of the past memory tasks were terrible, but some were so good.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2014, 10:52:49 AM »

Airport codes would be pretty tough for most people to remember!

Thanks!  :waves: I have always lurked and read people's comments but I figure that I'd contribute this time. I wonder what preparation each team has for the memory task, as smart teams would write as much as possible about everything they can remember (airport, locations, food, people, money), while most others just wing it. Tammy and Victor come to mind with their "note-taking"...

Honestly, some of the past memory tasks were terrible, but some were so good.

I think Nat & Kat also did note-taking when they won.  Had I been on the season with the final memory task being greetings & farewells, I think I would have done a fine job with it as I knew quite a lot of greetings and farewells in foreign languages (especially the Russian greeting and farewell)!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:56:02 AM by Belle Book »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2014, 11:05:44 AM »
They did. I remember them consulting the notes at the greeters challenge.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2014, 11:19:09 AM »
They did. I remember them consulting the notes at the greeters challenge.

I did too, that's why I said that I thought Nat & Kat took notes as well as Tammy & Victor.

Offline mikelee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2014, 11:33:26 AM »
I also think the airport code has some possibility because the "shipyard" location has some kind of "international destinations all over the world meet at this port"... who knows, lol. Sounds very "introduction material" for introducing the task.

One of other memory tasks I liked was the "find the clue" task with like hundreds of clue boxes in Washington state (?). I would have gone crazy!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »
^ It was in Portland, Oregon  :)
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline mikelee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2014, 02:56:01 PM »
Eh, kinda close, lol. North west US corner with rain and wet finish.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2014, 11:52:35 PM »
The .com/1zyv6d.jpg]wide pan of Bethany wandering around the container park shows three identical setups in a row, each with a different colored mat (one yellow, which .com/w7ohl1.jpg]Bethany is presumably working on)

Maybe it is a repeat of the TAR 12 task, except with the added difficulty of having to search through the containers for items? It would certainly explain the multiple bikes, birds, and animal byproducts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2014, 12:08:34 AM »
Interesting you should mention the pan shot...you can see 3 cabs and what looks like 3 reach stackers waiting. Coincidence?
Or maybe containers have to be stacked in a particular order.
Also notice the narrow file (single file in spots) near the front, atypical for the rest of the yard.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:13:41 AM by Slowhatch »