Author Topic: Best Amazing Race Season to Date  (Read 180805 times)

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Best Amazing Race Season to Date
« Reply #275 on: February 18, 2021, 02:42:55 PM »
So i only watched from 21 onward....

dont @ me but my fav season is either 30 or 25

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #276 on: February 22, 2021, 03:57:59 AM »
I am not nearly as much of a fan of the newer seasons as I am of the older ones but I would say 21, 29 and 30 would probably be the best of them I reckon. I used to love 22 but the second half is pretty underwhelming.
Wadsy

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #277 on: February 23, 2021, 12:30:29 AM »
I have just recently watched Amazing Race Australia 2 and that is hands down the best season IMO.  The teams carry the season and are so much fun from Lucy and Emelia, Team Hunners/Botox, Paul and Steve, The hairdressers, Jo and Michelle, plus the winners and more. All of the teams are memorable and awesome! There are many memorable moments like a team getting full on arrested!!! There were fun tasks and a great route. Bad final leg but the others make up. I don’t think I have ever enjoyed a season more then that.

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2021, 09:46:09 AM »
TAR 21 and TAR 3 are the two best seasons of the show.

TAR 3 has a cast that is very likable except for Aaron and Arianne. The route is nearly perfect with visits to Mexico, Switzerland, and Vietnam. The only knock against the route is the single Moroccan leg where Andre and Damon get detained but otherwise it is a strong route. The elimination order could've been slightly better, but it's not enough to make me hate the season.

TAR 21 is similar to the season above except that it also has nice winners, whether they were deserving of it or not. Many of the teams this season are really likable except for Natalie and Nadiya, whom I found to be too "loud" for me. The route was really nice with the first being heavily focused on Bangladesh, China, and Indonesia. And the second half being focused on Russia, Spain, and France. The season has a lot of dark humor too and it also has the distinction of being one of the last "normal" seasons of the show before they started with the gimmicks after All-Stars. A+ season

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2021, 12:45:44 PM »
I agree with TAR 3 though it isn't personally my favorite, but my second overall.

When looking back at all the recent seasons which for me lack in quality compared to many of the older ones, I would have to say TAR 21 is pretty good for the same reasons you pointed out, besides Natalie & Nadiya for being plain nasty to others and influencing other teams to get rid of them. It's back half is really good and it mainly stays consistent throughout. It did have too many legs in Asia and I am still not the greatest Russia fan but it was fun throughout.
It especially looks strong when compared to TAR 20 which had underwhelming locations as a whole and a mean spirited bunch (somewhat). It narrowly beats TAR 22 as that season had a weak second half and some poorly designed legs. TAR 27 is the most boring season in my opinion and could never finish it!

In terms of old seasons: 3, 5, 6 and 7 are the true winners.
In regards to the more recent seasons: 18, 21, 29 and 30 are the best of the bunch.
Wadsy

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #280 on: March 08, 2021, 08:34:55 PM »
I like TAR 3, 17, 18, 19, 21 and 30.
To be the best one EVER...i'm hanging between 3, 18 and 21.

To me, these were the golden seasons of TAR.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard