Author Topic: TAR 25 East Coast EP 4 SHOW updates and commentary!  (Read 20298 times)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 East Coast EP 4 SHOW updates and commentary!
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2014, 03:27:27 AM »
TAR did go to Morocco in TAR 3 and TAR 10.

TAR3 did go to Marrakesh before, so TAR25 they visited back the city.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2014, 03:27:55 AM »
I don't see any problem with them keeping the Save. People just don't like The Dentists.
Even I don't really like their big ego last three legs, I think I see another side of them this leg. I think from the next leg, their attitude will be different. Let's see.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2014, 03:35:55 AM »
I just wished that they took a lesson from Survivor and made the HII be played BEFORE the vote and NOT after a vote. So, it's like you arrive at the pit-stop (and Phil doesn't even tell you your ranking) and if you decide to use it, then you will be SAVED. If you don't use it, unless it's a NEL, then you will be eliminated.

It makes it fairer this way. If not it's just a free pass to keep one already strong team all the way till the end. Imagine all the teams like Debbie and Bianca, Allison and Donny etc who won the first leg could have helped themselves throughout the race with such a big reward. This pass is even better than the Double Your Money lame twist that Abbie and Ryan had. I bet they will take THE SAVE any day.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2014, 06:26:23 AM »

Phil Keoghan @PhilKeoghan     ·  11h 11 hours ago   

Lets not forget our other greeter @raphabergdis Raphaelle who helped me with the dogs!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2014, 09:14:26 AM »
I don't see any problem with them keeping the Save. People just don't like The Dentists.
Even I don't really like their big ego last three legs, I think I see another side of them this leg. I think from the next leg, their attitude will be different. Let's see.

I happen to be one of the rare few who like Misti & Jim, but if a team like Adam & Bethany or Amy & Maya had the Save and had it returned to them, I still would have a negative reception towards the occurrence. I simply do not like the rules of the Save card.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2014, 09:34:08 AM »
The episode... :stare and the ending... :oh
~First of all, I like the places visited, and I am also glad Kym & Alli got a leg in their belts.
~I like the location, and the Scandinavian capitals additional task. :hrt:
~Too bad there's no more ARI. Luckily, the roadblock is back. :<3 :wohoo: :hearts: :conf: :hrt: :luvya: :) For me, it'd be better to have both a roadblock and an ARI in one leg, and don't forget the detour. :) I'm 90% sure producers are expecting us to complain more if they don't put a roadblock on the 4th leg. :lol:
~Both detour tasks are awesome. :hrt: I like seeing the dentists struggle there, because seeing a very strong team struggle is a major plot twist. :conf:
~The roadblock is cool. :hrt: I miss the roadblock, so I'm glad it's back.
~I wonder what's been happening to Amy & Maya. This is the 2nd time in a row they lost their 2nd place lead while going to the pit stop.
~I like the twists this episode. :hrt: Adam & Bethany are usually strong, and then they're at the back. Brooke & Robbie are usually falling behind and catching up, but they got a 2nd this time. :oh :conf: They might've struggled at the detour, especially Brooke, :funny: but they did well this leg.
~Lastly, Misti & Jim. I find Jim's face expression extremely intimidating and extremely funny at the same time. :funny: :funny: :funny: Seeing them win 2 legs and also finish in the top 2 in the first 3 legs made me think that they have both the brains and brawn to win the race, but this episode just wasn't their leg. They have the Save, but they get to keep it because they got extremely lucky by hitting the NEL. :stare They got very lucky with that. I can't believe they struggled both detour sides and the roadblock by the little details on the parking detour, the carelessness on the flag on the cake (probably it was just their bad luck on handling the cake), and the not-reading-the-clue mistake. It wasn't their day, especially for Jim. :funny: They were aiming for 1st after all, so even if they get a 7th, I don't think Jim's gonna be happy at all.
~Shelley making fun of Jim's disappointment: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
~One more thing: If this was like classic TAR (no EP, no Save, no whatever stuff like those) and if the NEL was in Leg 4 instead of Leg 3, Misti & Jim would take home the 9th place curse. :funny: We would have a better winner for that curse.
~Another one: If Misti & Jim had the EP instead of the Save, they'd EP the detour. I don't think they'll save up the EP especially since they, especially Jim, want a 1st and they are not the team who is fine with whatever placement as long as they are not eliminated.
~The W-turn! :hrt: Finally!!!
~I just remembered, I kept wishing for a NEL, and I think I got it this time. (Yay!) :lol: I just wished Misti & Jim actually burned their save. :funny: Too bad the NEL was taken by the most powerful team. :funny:

Overall: I'd give this episode another 10/10. :hrt: Amazing location, amazing detour, amazing roadblock, amazing (leg of the) race! :hearts:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2014, 10:19:41 AM »
:lol: at the way this leg's route is depicted on Wikipedia

Leg 4 (United Kingdom → Denmark → Sweden → Denmark)

It looks rather odd but it's the truth.
TAR3
Leg 7 (Morocco → Germany → Austria → Germany)
 :lol:

TARPh recently has one leg that goes like this: (A → B → C → B → C) :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2014, 10:20:45 AM »
I just wished that they took a lesson from Survivor and made the HII be played BEFORE the vote and NOT after a vote. So, it's like you arrive at the pit-stop (and Phil doesn't even tell you your ranking) and if you decide to use it, then you will be SAVED. If you don't use it, unless it's a NEL, then you will be eliminated.

It makes it fairer this way. If not it's just a free pass to keep one already strong team all the way till the end. Imagine all the teams like Debbie and Bianca, Allison and Donny etc who won the first leg could have helped themselves throughout the race with such a big reward. This pass is even better than the Double Your Money lame twist that Abbie and Ryan had. I bet they will take THE SAVE any day.

I was thinking of the same thing, so I strongly agree. :tup:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2014, 10:23:12 AM »

I happen to be one of the rare few who like Misti & Jim, but if a team like Adam & Bethany or Amy & Maya had the Save and had it returned to them, I still would have a negative reception towards the occurrence. I simply do not like the rules of the Save card.

Hi-5! :lol:

The Save is too powerful that way, so I'd rather have it like what I agreed on the post above this. :)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2014, 10:48:22 AM »
Definitely the best Leg so far, BUT two major complaints that really dragged it down for me.

1. Phil, once again, not announcing all the teams placements, and NOW, not even saying their names when they get to the mat! Really annoying me!  :groan:

2. Misti & Jim getting to keep the Save!!! It's so much more overpowered than I first thought.  :groan:
Now they're basically guaranteed to race at least two more Legs.

As Jobby said, Phil should be asking them every leg whether they want to use it or not, BEFORE telling them their placement.  Whether it be a NEL or not, if they use it, it's gone, and if they don't they're either safe, or if last on an Elimination Leg, Eliminated. 
They could even have a twist where if the team with the Save is Eliminated without using it, then whoever wins that Leg gets it instead. (But this twist would only happen once, and not again if the second team gets eliminated before using it)

Apart from these, this was a great Leg.  TAR could finally be back on form.  :hoot:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »
This is my favorite leg at least since TAR22.

My TAR 6th sense was screaming NEL about ten minutes into the episode, so I knew everyone was going to be okay. Interesting to see M/J go from 1st to 2nd to 1st to last.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
Jim: That's the worst feeling ever.
Mom: HAHAHAHAHA. Yea, tell me about it.

I just repeated this part 10 times just to see Jim's reaction. #gold #lol #epic #zomg

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2014, 12:04:27 PM »
There's a TV Trope called Break the Haughty.  It occurs often in fiction when a character has an extremely high opinion of themselves and is too busy patting themselves on the back to see that disaster is headed their way and they get a major slice of humble pie -- right before our eyes.  This is pretty much what happened to Jim.  And I had a good time watching it!   :yess:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2014, 12:07:36 PM »
There's a TV Trope called Break the Haughty.  It occurs often in fiction when a character has an extremely high opinion of themselves and is too busy patting themselves on the back to see that disaster is headed their way and they get a major slice of humble pie -- right before our eyes.  This is pretty much what happened to Jim.  And I had a good time watching it!   :yess:

Similar to Rob & Amber in Season 11, and John & Jessica in Season 22.  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2014, 12:15:42 PM »
But at least Jim was humbled enough to recognize their weakness AND the fact that they immediately threw in THE SAVE at the pit-stop without much grumbling.. I still think they're a good team.

..Jim doesn't lose his temper on Misti when she falters. *cough Jon and Vic*

Now hoping that Jim and Misti's story can turn for the better and for editors to stop cutting parts where they were talking about their dominating performance from their previous interviews, just to steer viewers towards hating them.

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
I don't like how this could potentially create 3 NELs in a row (Leg 4 NEL, Leg 5 save, Leg 6 NEL????)
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2014, 02:16:01 PM »
I don't like how this could potentially create 3 NELs in a row (Leg 4 NEL, Leg 5 save, Leg 6 NEL????)

And then imagine if production had made Leg 7 a NEL, like they did in a few early seasons, having two NEL's after each other. That would mean 4 NEL's in a row! :lol:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2014, 02:19:28 PM »
Leg 4: 8 teams remaining - Pre-determined NEL
Leg 5: 8 teams remaining - SAVE - NEL
Leg 6: 8 teams remaining (WOULD have been 7 teams remaining) - Pre-determined NEL
Leg 7: 8 teams remaining - Elimination

Imagine how annoying that would be.

This is just a scenario btw.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2014, 03:18:19 AM »
I believe the fuzz is just because the dentists got lucky enough to screw up in a NEL (which has happened to a lot of teams in the past), so far the save has had no impact whatsoever in their race so I don't get why people are complaining. Would you be as mad at them if they didn't have the save?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2014, 04:10:22 AM »
Jim: That's the worst feeling ever.
Mom: HAHAHAHAHA. Yea, tell me about it.

I just repeated this part 10 times just to see Jim's reaction. #gold #lol #epic #zomg

That's what I was looking for. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

2nd funniest moment for me was Maya on the floor before receiving her clue. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2014, 07:55:58 AM »
But at least Jim was humbled enough to recognize their weakness AND the fact that they immediately threw in THE SAVE at the pit-stop without much grumbling.. I still think they're a good team.

..Jim doesn't lose his temper on Misti when she falters. *cough Jon and Vic, Nicole & Travis*

Now hoping that Jim and Misti's story can turn for the better and for editors to stop cutting parts where they were talking about their dominating performance from their previous interviews, just to steer viewers towards hating them.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2014, 07:38:34 AM »
1. Phil, once again, not announcing all the teams placements, and NOW, not even saying their names when they get to the mat! Really annoying me!  :groan:

...Apart from these, this was a great Leg.  TAR could finally be back on form.  :hoot:
Everyone has their own preferences, but I like that more time is devoted to showing the tasks, and less showing the arrival and conversations at the mat.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2014, 08:40:31 AM »

...Apart from these, this was a great Leg.  TAR could finally be back on form.  :hoot:
Everyone has their own preferences, but I like that more time is devoted to showing the tasks, and less showing the arrival and conversations at the mat.

I want 90 minutes per episode next season! :hoot: I wanna see task performances, "full" pit stop scenes, drama and character development, and random shenanigans.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2014, 09:39:43 AM »
I want to see more Amy and Maya. :res:

They are getting what I call the Lyn and Karlyn non-existent edit.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »

THIS...!!!

Overall, i loved this leg. Probably the best episode since TAR 23 leg Bandung 1
Next leg seems great with the W-turn  :hoot: