Author Topic: Should they put Detours in the Final Leg again?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Should they put Detours in the Final Leg again?
« on: October 17, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »
I wasn't around when they put Detours in the final legs. Do you think they should do that again? I think it's a factor for teams to fall behind, which I hate in finales.

Sorry if this should be posted in another topic and not as a new topic, didn't know where to ask this  :-[

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Should they put Detours in the Final Leg again?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 10:28:39 PM »
Personally, I never like Double Roadblock legs and I always just preferred to have Detours in all legs, including the finale. The only thing is that they would only work if they were balanced and one team does a different Detour, but it could always be edited out if all three teams chose the same option.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 11:32:18 PM »
I side with Jimmer about the balancing of Detours. For example, I thought TAR12 (Seafood Detour) and 13 (Nature Retreat Detour) did a fantastic job keeping both respective tasks an equal shot of falling behind and advancing ahead. The choices were simple, yet unexpected in how teams would handle either task, not how the task would handle the teams... if that makes sense.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 03:22:20 AM »
1 roadblock and 1 detour. Tradicional , and perfect.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 11:15:41 AM »

Tell that to this season :D
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 11:48:25 AM »

Tell that to this season :D

You should tell to TAR26 since TAR26 will start filming in the couple of months later.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 12:09:51 PM »
I feel that the finale memory challenge should be a team effort and not a Roadblock. For example, even though TAR 11's challenge screwed up Charla and Mirna and Dustin and Kandace's race... it was a good challenge relatively testing how well teams have communicated with each other.

TAR 17 pit-stop greeters challenge was cool and would have been more epic if the previous task did not allow teams to have such a big time difference with each other.

TAR 22's hello greetings in different languages could have been a great task to be done by two person too.

If they have to strictly limit it to 2 Roadblocks in the final leg, then each player has to take a memory challenge for each Roadblock. I get pretty turned off when they do tasks which are totally unrelated to the race in the final leg. For example, no idea why do they have to free themselves with David Copperfield, or fix light bulbs in Vegas in TAR 24. The magic challenge could have incorporated some memory challenge, such as remembering the combination of the number of countries visit + the number of legs the Detours came before the Roadblocks + something else so as to unlock themselves.

Something as easy as that... but meaningful you see.

But argh, we can't have everything in a single race I guess. :(