Author Topic: TAR 25 Ep 5 "Morocc'and Roll" (Morocco)  (Read 25412 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 25 Ep 5 "Morocc'and Roll" (Morocco)
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2014, 01:17:28 PM »
Oh, that seems to be the link. The restaurant task which we see Bethany in the outfit as well.

In that case, could it still be possible for it to be Speedbump -> Restaurant Task -> Detour -> Roadblock -> Pitstop?

I don't think there might be a penalty. I think Shelley and Nici might get their chance after they completed their Detour to get back at Keith and Whitney hohoho. It seems like Whitney had issues with the Detour...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2014, 01:17:57 PM »
I think the order is
pushcart
Confrontation while getting clue
Speedbump/Detour/U-Turn

real Q is where RB comes, hopefully after?

And does confrontation play a role in the U-Turn? That could be good news for some teams! Remember too we have Brooke saying how good Bethany is at all the tasks....hmmmm.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2014, 01:23:15 PM »
I'm still thinking the Speedbump comes first before the push cart because the teams looked TOO RELAXED (Amy and Maya yo lol) walking towards the market with the Speedbump clue. And there's like 5 teams together at the point, so it make sense if teams took a taxi and alighted at different points of the market and then mad dash to the Speedbump/clue area.

Keith and Whitney also finished the pushcart task before Brooke/Robbie and a whole bunch of teams, so it make sense if they maintained their lead from the Speedbump/ARI instructions to the confrontation scene?

They're not giving away what happened at the Detour or Roadblock much... but I think a quick deduction will tell us which Detour is the faster/better one and ultimately separating the teams into two packs going into the Roadblock IMHO... :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2014, 01:43:26 PM »
Not getting you? Only Dentists have a speedbump, the clue for that should be close to the Detours, right? Why would Cyclists have a speedbump clue? ???

And both Detours are right in the square, as is the ARM (cart), so everyone will have a good idea of where they all stand.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »
As in, if teams don't get the SB clue from the stand... then they will go on to retrieve the ARI clue which is the restaurant task. I'm really not sure myself either.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2014, 01:51:13 PM »
again, no one but Dentists get the Speedbump Clue, which is the carpet task.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2014, 01:57:34 PM »
Ok lol i don't think you get me.. let's leave it there. :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2014, 03:06:58 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BN9FIJxTOTc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BN9FIJxTOTc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=es_</a>

Gonna repost this since I think this is the reason why peach is not getting my sequence of events. Lol

They opened the clue and there's no Detour in it. Therefore it's a ARI and prob the restaurant task.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:11:16 PM by Jobby »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »
Right.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 04:52:17 PM »

Pouring tea.
In Detour A, Married Dentists Jim (left) and Misti (right) must pour tea for costumers at the Restaurant Palais Gharnata in the traditional Moroccan style in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Their faces just made me laugh so hard ;)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2014, 05:20:58 PM »
Thanks Alen!

I MOST want us to find THESE before next week!

Anybody having any luck? 

I still think it's down near Lalla Takerkoust and there were reports of using an abandoned kasabah here. This is still my best guess, I can't find anywhere else alike it

Phil just posted another pic on instagram here -- looks to be Morocco again.

I think the castle he's at is this one, there's some closer shots of it here but I can't for the life of me find what it's called ???

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2014, 09:00:22 PM »
LOL now I get the whole process. Just push everything back and bring the Roadblock in front of the Detour LOL.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2014, 12:03:42 AM »
There are a couple of insider videos from this episode of teams casually strolling through the market, which appears to be before all the tasks began (seen in Kym and Alli's "Personal Tour") was there a HoO at the market?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2014, 07:19:53 AM »
There are a couple of insider videos from this episode of teams casually strolling through the market, which appears to be before all the tasks began (seen in Kym and Alli's "Personal Tour") was there a HoO at the market?
It was almost edited out, but you could see teams rushing through opening doors to get to the mobile market stalls.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2014, 11:32:52 AM »
I HATE UTurns used AFTER a RB at the end of the leg when there is no chance of recovery. VERY poor leg planning.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2014, 11:42:52 AM »
I think it's just to assure that one of the last 2 teams (assuming 2 teams would get U-Turned) will battling it out for survival/elimination. That is the point of the U-Turn after all - to slow a team down and hopefully eliminate them. If it was always in the beginning of the leg, like the Speed Bumps, then they would serve no purpose (see how Misti/Jim could have won the leg if they paid attention to detail at the Tea Detour).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2014, 11:07:37 PM »
If that was the case, it was a spectacular fail. I don't mind teams having to fight for survival, I just want them to have a CHANCE of recovery. There was NO chance this time.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:50:55 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2014, 04:59:16 PM »
It was almost edited out, but you could see teams rushing through opening doors to get to the mobile market stalls.

Yes, I remember that they rushed into the building at the same time. But this leaves another question mark with me - Misti/Jim were supposed to go there AFTER they finished the Speed Bump, but from the online clip we could also see that they were waiting with the group at that point, which is so weird to me... (especially with the editing in the show which gave us an impression that they have to dash to the first clue which is located in the square...) Anyone could have better guess on what happened?!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2014, 07:24:41 PM »
If that was the case, it was a spectacular fail. I don't mind teams having to fight for survival, I just want them to have a CHANCE of recovery. There was NO chance this time.

Not even an opportunity for an epic cab battle because teams WALK to the U-TURN sign and then go by foot to the Pitstop as well.

Thank goodness Keith and Whitney were already in last place and would have been eliminated no matter what. But can you imagine if they actually finished right behind Shelley and Nici, and because they got U-TURN then they had to do the other Detour and got eliminated because of it? That would have been a little more rattling and unnerving to watch.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »
Another bad thing was that because of the placement of the UTurn board, teams could actually see who was still behind them. :groan:

Part of the challenge of a UTURN is choosing someone you are sure is behind you...if you can SEE them it sure helps! That and the UTURN at the end of the leg makes me really unhappy. Otherwise I loved the tasks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2014, 08:17:16 AM »
Another bad thing was that because of the placement of the UTurn board, teams could actually see who was still behind them. :groan:

Part of the challenge of a UTURN is choosing someone you are sure is behind you...if you can SEE them it sure helps! That and the UTURN at the end of the leg makes me really unhappy. Otherwise I loved the tasks!

Of course, Keith & Whitney chose to U-Turn Amy & Maya, and that pair was in front of them!  Then again, the engaged couple already figured they were in last and were right, so it didn't matter.