Author Topic: TAR 25 Ep 4 "Thinly Sliced Anchovies" (Sweden and Denmark)  (Read 22797 times)

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 25 Ep 4 "Thinly Sliced Anchovies"
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2014, 10:15:05 AM »
That tray of food looks very good!   Who cares about the roadblock?  :funny:
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2014, 10:59:18 AM »
PressExpress has the photos up. Does anybody have an account to view the large photos?
I was wrong. It isn't a Long John--it's the Long John's stepchild, the Bullitt Bike.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:06:01 AM by Slowhatch »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2014, 02:06:38 PM »
Yum. Hope our racers got to eat some of those stacks!

Especially very famous people who, if they have earned it, have a piece of
”smørrebrød” named after them. For example, you may set your teeth into Uffe
Ellemann (worth considering!) or Victor Borge. The old showman is a piece with
salmon, freshly marinated lumpfish caviar, crayfish tails, Greenland shrimp,
lime and dill mayonnaise.

I could sink my teeth into old Victor right now!  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2014, 09:41:24 PM »
Oh, I get it (I'm a little slower than usual today  :hammer). The drive to Malmo is just an extended plug for the C-Max Energi. The cynical part of me thinks there's slightly more than 1/10 gallon in the tank because they don't want to see the cars run dry.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2014, 12:07:56 AM »
Press Photo captions:

Racers  make their way from Aberdeen, Scotland to Copenhagen, Denmark.

In this Active Route Marker, racers must drive themselves Malmo, Sweden using only one tenth of a gallon of gas in order to receive the next clue.

In Detour A, racers must create a Parklet, an urban oasis in a parking space before the 30 minute parking limit expires in order to receive the next clue.

In Detour B, racers must decorate and deliver a wedding cake via Bullitt Bike in Copenhagen, Denmark

In this Road Block, racers must memorize the ingredients for over 200 sandwiches then, acting as waiters, take and place orders for customers in order to receive the next clue.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2014, 03:20:32 AM »
Finally!!! The return of Roadblock! :hearts: :hearts:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2014, 05:13:50 AM »
Oooh! I love the ARI and Roadblock!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2014, 02:15:38 PM »
Sneak Peek

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YDMSl8kD-nk&amp;list=UUPY3wSqgeErW9AI5qPLcLUA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YDMSl8kD-nk&amp;list=UUPY3wSqgeErW9AI5qPLcLUA</a>

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2014, 02:17:41 PM »
Another video...

Cyclists Kym and Alli work together to complete a challenge in Copenhagen.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZIxd9xH5jhc&amp;list=UUPY3wSqgeErW9AI5qPLcLUA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZIxd9xH5jhc&amp;list=UUPY3wSqgeErW9AI5qPLcLUA</a>

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »
Anyone else wondering why both the Sneak Peak videos are featuring Kym & Alli?  ???
Hints towards a 1st Place maybe?
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
Anyone else wondering why both the Sneak Peak videos are featuring Kym & Alli?  ???
Hints towards a 1st Place maybe?

I hope so there my absolute favs

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2014, 04:04:23 PM »
I hope so. They probably showed their part because their part explains a few important points of the task. Or they're a favorite in the production team :lol:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2014, 04:43:20 PM »
Thanks for the promos. It looks like the lady gave the cyclists some good directions to Allegande 10--a bit of a shortcut compared to other teams.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2014, 05:17:49 PM »
PRESS PICS FROM EPISODE 4

"Thinly Sliced Anchovies"
In Detour A, Mother/Daughter team Shelley (left) and Nici (right) must create a Parklet, an urban oasis in a parking space before the 30 minute parking limit expires in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Making their way to Denmark.
Surfers Adam (left) and Bethany (right) make their way from Aberdeen, Scotland to Copenhagen, Denmark, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Creating a Parklet.
In Detour A, Mother/Daughter team Nici (left) and Shelley (right) must create a Parklet, an urban oasis in a parking space before the 30 minute parking limit expires in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Maya and Amy.
Sweet Scientists Maya (left) and Amy (right)make their way from Aberdeen, Scotland to Copenhagen, Denmark, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Driving in the dark.
In the Active Route Marker, Mother/Daughter team Nici (left) and Shelley (right) must drive themselves Malmo, Sweden using only one tenth of a gallon of gas in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Working to create a Parklet.
In Detour A, Sweet Scientists Maya (left) and Amy (right) must create a Parklet, an urban oasis in a parking space before the 30 minute parking limit expires in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

En route to Copenhagen.
College Sweethearts Timothy (left) and Te Jay (right) make their way from Aberdeen, Scotland to Copenhagen, Denmark, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

The Wrestlers.
In the Active Route Marker, Wrestlers Robbie (left) and Brooke (right) must drive themselves Malmo, Sweden using only one tenth of a gallon of gas in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Timothy and Te Jay.
In the Active Route Marker, College Sweethearts Timothy (left) and Te Jay (right) must drive themselves Malmo, Sweden using only one tenth of a gallon of gas in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2014, 05:18:18 PM »
PRESS PICS FROM EPISODE 4

Keith and Whitney.
In the Active Route Marker, Engaged Couple Keith (left) and Whitney (right) must drive themselves Malmo, Sweden using only one tenth of a gallon of gas in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Running to get started.
In Detour A, College Sweethearts Te Jay (left) and Timothy (right) must create a Parklet, an urban oasis in a parking space before the 30 minute parking limit expires in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Kym and Alli.
Cyclists Kym (left) and Ali (right) make their way to the next location on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Memorizing ingredients.
In this Road Block, College Sweethearts Te Jay (left) and Timothy (right) must memorize the ingredients for over 200 sandwiches then, acting as waiters, take and place orders for customers in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Building a wedding cake.
n Detour B, Cyclists Ali (left) and Kym (right) must decorate and deliver a wedding cake via Bullitt Bike in Copenhagen, Denmark, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Jim and Misti.
In Detour A, Married Dentists Jim (left) and Misti (right) must create a Parklet, an urban oasis in a parking space before the 30 minute parking limit expires in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Getting ready to bike.
In Detour B, Married Dentists Misti (left) and Jim (right) must decorate and deliver a wedding cake via Bullitt Bike in Copenhagen, Denmark, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Shelley and Nici.
In the Active Route Marker, Mother/Daughter team Shelley (left) and Nici (right) must drive themselves Malmo, Sweden using only one tenth of a gallon of gas in order to receive the next clue, on THE AMAZING RACE, Friday, Oct. 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Photo: CBS ©2014 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2014, 05:22:57 PM »
Thanks Alen! Made it easier to spot where the Parklet detour takes place: Sankt Jørgens Allé

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »
I suspect, and behaviors of past teams would seem consistent with, the existence of a rule that prevents teams from quitting the Race during an NEL. This seems particularly to be the case from Dave and Connor's first Race, when they had to travel to the first clue of the next leg in order to go to the Pitstop and withdraw due to Dave's ACL injury that required surgery. We've never seen a team quit for any reason during an NEL, and that is also circumstantial support for the idea of a Racebook rule that prevents a team from quitting during an NEL.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »
You were right, Peach--it looks like 20-22 are outside CPH (streetview).

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2014, 01:45:03 AM »
Did the dentists switch detours?
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2014, 03:20:56 AM »
Looks that way!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2014, 11:16:41 AM »
I suspect the dentists began with the Cycling Detour and then switched to the Parklet one.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »
I suspect, and behaviors of past teams would seem consistent with, the existence of a rule that prevents teams from quitting the Race during an NEL. This seems particularly to be the case from Dave and Connor's first Race, when they had to travel to the first clue of the next leg in order to go to the Pitstop and withdraw due to Dave's ACL injury that required surgery. We've never seen a team quit for any reason during an NEL, and that is also circumstantial support for the idea of a Racebook rule that prevents a team from quitting during an NEL.

I think that clause was already invented way back in season 3. They say production got really scared that Flo & Zach (particularly Flo) would quit on the penultimate leg, during the Final 3.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 Ep 4 "Thinly Sliced Anchovies" (Sweden and Denmark)
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2014, 12:09:40 PM »
Sixty bucks to cross a bridge one-way?  :groan:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2014, 02:03:02 PM »
The train (which uses the same bridge) is cheaper!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2014, 08:02:09 PM »
So much about being environmentally friendly at the cost of the budget for production.

But they get to +1 country....