Author Topic: TARP 2! (The Amazing Race Philippines) **SHOW DISCUSSION HERE**  (Read 78040 times)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARP 2! (The Amazing Race Philippines) **SHOW DISCUSSION HERE**
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2014, 07:47:57 AM »
I thinl that was during the virtual Pitstop in Ilocos Norte?

WHAT THAT :crazy:

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2014, 07:48:32 AM »
This is confusing, it looks like Vince and Ed are the ones who are about to quit the race, and Jet and Yna and Matt and Phoebe seem fine, what the heck is going on?  ???  :'(

If the nerds really did quit, then what does their footage in Iloilo meant? I mean if they were decoys, they wouldn't have cameras filming around them  ???

It doesn't make sense...

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2014, 07:53:03 AM »
This is confusing, it looks like Vince and Ed are the ones who are about to quit the race, and Jet and Yna and Matt and Phoebe seem fine, what the heck is going on?  ???  :'(

If the nerds really did quit, then what does their footage in Iloilo meant? I mean if they were decoys, they wouldn't have cameras filming around them  ???

It doesn't make sense...

Now that Matt/Phoebe are safe (Now I can breathe :lol: ) as well as Jet/Yna, it really doesn't make sense. The last three teams were all spotted in Iloilo. AJ/Jody in a tricycle with the fresh vegetables. JP/Kelvin spotted at the Zombie Apocalypse task. Were there pictures of Vince/Ed racing in Iloilo?

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2014, 07:59:57 AM »
Yes, there is a picture of them of the tarp spoiler forum. There's even a video of it if you remember  :)
Check it out, the nerds were with jp and kelvin carrying bamboos

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2014, 08:18:20 AM »
Yes, there is a picture of them of the tarp spoiler forum. There's even a video of it if you remember  :)
Check it out, the nerds were with jp and kelvin carrying bamboos

A NEL seems unlikely, there are only 10 legs. It's either there was a Salvage Pass and Roch/Eji used it on the last team (making the next leg a double elimination), or one of them are decoys racing in Iloilo.

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2014, 08:34:02 AM »
Hmm, a salvage pass entering this late in this leg is almost unheard of. It wouldn't just work for the Roch/Eji to use the salvage pass to use it to save a team from elimination since Vince/Ed are a strong team.

Come think of it, when I saw AJ/Jody and JP/Kelvin they had paint all over their body, AJ had blue paint on his leg and Team Mr. Pogi had green paint on their faces. Now I know this might not make sense to you but when I looked at Vince and Ed closely, they don't have any sort of paint on any part of their body. Which leads me to think that they really did quit, but instead of sending them home, they placed the Nerds in between AJ/Jody and JP/Kelvin to confuse us, as if the nerds were still the race.

That would probably explain when I went to Iloilo City Provincial Jail, the nerds were nowhere to be seen. They only instructed the nerds to join in the task where there are group of people to confuse us, but when I got to the jail, where filming is restricted the nerds are MIA. They wouldn't just get lost that easily, it's not that hard to find the Iloilo Jail:)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2014, 05:51:12 PM »
omg! Very exciting! First time this season that NO ONE knows who's going home!  :hoot:

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2014, 12:49:29 AM »
Here's a link to a picture of Derek with Mayor Jed, but I'm not yet sure on whether the teams went to Iloilo City Hall  :)

http://www.urbanscapephilippines.com/forum/over-the-regions-cities-and-provinces/visayas/35-iloilo-city-and-province/page89

ERamos

« Reply #183 on: November 22, 2014, 03:32:06 AM »
The task last night is a breath of fresh air this season. Glad to see the teams get pushed to their limits.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: November 22, 2014, 03:40:18 AM »
Very very weird task, but it was hilarious and paid off.

The hammock task, THAT is how you do a useless task on The Amazing Race. Not cleaning a hotel room in Switzerland or sth :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: November 22, 2014, 05:21:29 AM »
Oh my globbery! :o This suspense is so fun!!! :wohoo:

Hmm, a salvage pass entering this late in this leg is almost unheard of. It wouldn't just work for the Roch/Eji to use the salvage pass to use it to save a team from elimination since Vince/Ed are a strong team.

Come think of it, when I saw AJ/Jody and JP/Kelvin they had paint all over their body, AJ had blue paint on his leg and Team Mr. Pogi had green paint on their faces. Now I know this might not make sense to you but when I looked at Vince and Ed closely, they don't have any sort of paint on any part of their body. Which leads me to think that they really did quit, but instead of sending them home, they placed the Nerds in between AJ/Jody and JP/Kelvin to confuse us, as if the nerds were still the race.

That would probably explain when I went to Iloilo City Provincial Jail, the nerds were nowhere to be seen. They only instructed the nerds to join in the task where there are group of people to confuse us, but when I got to the jail, where filming is restricted the nerds are MIA. They wouldn't just get lost that easily, it's not that hard to find the Iloilo Jail:)

Vince & Ed... This might make sense. ???

If neither one of the rumored eliminated team is going out this leg, AJ/Jody will come last. They arrived at the beach before night (probably between 5:30pm-6pm or late). The top 3 teams are ahead of them by maybe 2 hours.

So it could be.
1. Someone did really quit, hence AJ/Jody sighting in Iloilo.
2. They beat either one of siblings/dating couple at the next challenge.
3. Non-elimination leg. Double Elimination next leg.  :o
4. Superleg, then DEL.  :o :lol:
5. Decoys.

I'm thinking either one of the last 3. ???

Anyway, this will be fun!!! :wohoo: The suspense is making me really jumpy.

About the hammock task, I say it's a skill (and not a luck) task, which is good despite it being abnormal. :) :funny:

The suspense is really killing me! I'm glad they know how to edit the last 3 teams to the next episode instead.

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #186 on: November 22, 2014, 07:43:34 AM »
So all 6 teams made it, another Non Elim Leg  :wohoo: But how? there are ten legs only? How is that possible  :funny:  :)

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: November 22, 2014, 07:44:58 AM »
It's a Non-Elimination leg.  :o :o :o
Maybe there are 11 legs. Final 2 legs being shown in final week which is week 10. Or a double elim next leg.

And there's no Speedbump or any sort of penalty coming in last?

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: November 22, 2014, 07:46:33 AM »
So all 6 teams made it, another Non Elim Leg  :wohoo: But how? there are ten legs only? How is that possible  :funny:  :)

No Matt/Phoebe sighting next leg which means they're way ahead of the pack. I don't think they were behind since last team spotted were nerds/father and son.

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #189 on: November 22, 2014, 07:52:57 AM »
Remember that bamboo/pedicab detour I told you guys about, well that everything has been cleared. I think that the people that were telling me that there were 3 co-ed couples were actually right.

These are the rankings for the detour

1st: Jet/Yna
2nd: Roch/Eji
3rd: Matt/Phoebe
4th: AJ/Jody
5th: Vince/Ed
6th: JP/Kelvin

I knew I've seen Phoebe's head in the cab when they left, somehow they left something at the detour and went back. I could not confirm it until now, God I'm so stupid!!!  :'(

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2014, 07:54:58 AM »

No Matt/Phoebe sighting next leg which means they're way ahead of the pack. I don't think they were behind since last team spotted were nerds/father and son.

No actually they were neck and neck with Jet/Yna and Roch/Eji  :)

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2014, 08:11:33 AM »
Remember that bamboo/pedicab detour I told you guys about, well that everything has been cleared. I think that the people that were telling me that there were 3 co-ed couples were actually right.

These are the rankings for the detour

1st: Jet/Yna
2nd: Roch/Eji
3rd: Matt/Phoebe
4th: AJ/Jody
5th: Vince/Ed
6th: JP/Kelvin

I knew I've seen Phoebe's head in the cab when they left, somehow they left something at the detour and went back. I could not confirm it until now, God I'm so stupid!!!  :'(

Oh. That's good to know. The finish line spoiler now must be true or still probably not. We know Vince/Ed will be eliminated either this leg or next leg.

Now the question is, will it be a double elim or not. And are there really 10 legs. Or worse, final 4 racing in the finale? :O

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2014, 10:15:31 AM »
 :oh
SHOCKING! Wow!
Definitely happy about it, but what does it mean for the rest of the Race?!

I remember Derek mentioned 10 Legs though at the Starting Line.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2014, 10:27:57 AM »
Double elimination, I presume.

Off-topic: I should watch this again, I got tired of the whole daily thing by the time Leg 6 came along.

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2014, 11:02:29 AM »
In one of the previews I've seen, the one where the carabaos were dragging the teams while they where trying to capture the flag. I noticed the background, it's so familiar and I think I've seen it before but I can't confirm it yet. I think carabao-flag dragging task is somewhere at Central Philippine University because I distinctively saw that gate that looks similar at CPU. If it were true, then why hasn't any of the students at CPU spoiled or talked about it, hmmm  ??? 

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2014, 05:06:07 PM »
:oh
SHOCKING! Wow!
Definitely happy about it, but what does it mean for the rest of the Race?!

I remember Derek mentioned 10 Legs though at the Starting Line.

Lol, what if they counted the "superleg" as one leg? :lol:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2014, 05:58:24 PM »
lol Yeah I thought that too, but Derek says 6th and 7th Leg at start of these last two weeks.

Unless they messed up since they are editing the season as its airing and forgot about Derek mentioning 10 Legs at the start lol

So Derek did say 10 Legs at the Starting Line, while Michael McKay and the press releases said 10 "weeks." 

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2014, 08:15:56 PM »
I noticed that in the re-edited promo of the TARP where they showed Derek with the finish line mat zooming out with the camera, I slowly paused it and noticed on the left side of the screen that there was a guy who was wearing a white shirt that vaguely resembles Jet, including the body type.

IIRC Jet was once wearing a white shirt on one of the legs, could it be that Jet and Yna had somehow been eliminated somwhere in a future leg? ???

There was another person to the guys right, almost a woman, possibly Yna ???

Now I have to ask you people, for those who have seen the finish line spoiler, do any of you remember what color of the shirt was Jet wearing? Please I need an answer to confirm this :) TY

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2014, 06:16:46 PM »
Double Battle Road Block! I like it.

Offline DetectiveLoke

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2014, 10:36:32 PM »
I wish there's a Speed Bump in Leg 8.