Author Topic: TARP 2! (The Amazing Race Philippines) **SHOW DISCUSSION HERE**  (Read 78018 times)

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
Re: TARP 2! (The Amazing Race Philippines) **SHOW DISCUSSION HERE**
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2014, 10:58:14 AM »
If I were Matt/Phoebe, I won't give them (the alliance) the answer! What's the point of racing if you're just gonna give them answers. Wake up guys! This is a race and not a charity show. I hate Jet and the Nerds.  :res: So annoying! Jet is the one making all these deals so it would benefit him and Yna. He just dragged too many teams in their so-called "alliance".

Rich kids Jet and Yna shouldn't be in this race at all, they're too well off to be contestants, I just wish they chose people who really need the money to join the race  :'(

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2014, 11:08:13 AM »
If I were Matt/Phoebe, I won't give them (the alliance) the answer! What's the point of racing if you're just gonna give them answers. Wake up guys! This is a race and not a charity show. I hate Jet and the Nerds.  :res: So annoying! Jet is the one making all these deals so it would benefit him and Yna. He just dragged too many teams in their so-called "alliance".

Rich kids Jet and Yna shouldn't be in this race at all, they're too well off to be contestants, I just wish they chose people who really need the money to join the race  :'(

I'm fine with them being in the race. This is a reality show after all. I just don't like the way they are racing. Seriously?  :res: That won't work in other versions of TAR!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
I have no problems with Jet & Yna being rich. I have no problems with their strategizing. What I do not like though is how they're making their alliance stick out so heavily that it just feels awful for the other teams and for the viewer.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2014, 05:49:35 PM »
SCREW ALLIANCES. WTF.
I'm calling them #TheBrainTrust because they need 10 brains to finish tasks.  No matter how basic TARUS has become, at least teams are able to do tasks on their own (except TAR24, they held hands all the way yuck).   This is unprecedented on TAR, I've never seen this before, have you guys?  :groan:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2014, 05:43:05 AM »
Jet & Yna being rich is not a problem. I'm a bit annoyed sometimes when people race just because of the money.

This is The Amazing Race! They should also enjoy traveling from one place to another. IMHO, Money won't be enough to buy me a once in a lifetime opportunity to race around the world, or the Philippines.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2014, 08:50:46 AM »
Lots of good scene this episode. :hugs: I really like how they show the details of each team this season. :hrt:
~I'm neutral with RR being the whistleblower, because I like and hate the drama at the same time.
~I thought the nerds were gonna use their EP. How I wish. :lol:
~Again, poor JP & Kelvin. :(
~JuanD making the same mistake from last leg. :funny: :funny: :funny:
~Matt & Phoebe were most likely in a big dilemma when they gave JuanD the answers while they were in an alliance. I wonder how things will turn out next leg.

The detour choices look cool on TV. :hrt: Also, tomorrow's task looks fun. :conf: There's local culture involved. :luvya:

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2014, 10:27:13 AM »
Karma got the nerds big time  :wohoo: Screw that team anyway  :funny:

Go JP/Kelvin, I know you guys can do it, so can you Avy/Tina  :hearts:

Don't take personal Jet/Yna, it's just strategy, unless you're nervous about being eliminated, then good  :snicker:

I love the Juan D's preview for tomorrows episode, Puto where are you P***  :funny:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »
I thought they were gonna make puto. :haha What I don't like is placing a luck task at the end of the leg. It's quite unfair.

Comment on teams:
~If I were in Matt & Phoebe's shoes, I'd be in a big dilemma. It's either breaking the alliance and maintaining the friendship, or maintaining tha alliance and destroying the friendship.
~It's true that Jet & Yna are quite bossy, especially Jet, but I think it's their strategy, so I don't hate it.
~I like how Roch said the task is about luck and the strategy is to work fast. I hope she and Eji gets a win tonight. :hearts:
~I'm glad that JP & Kelvin caught up at least.
~Poor Blondies have to suffer being at the back again. :(
~RR being whistleblower still makes me feel neutral. I like and hate it at the same time, because it causes trouble to some teams but at least they're playing fair. :lol: Anyway, I'm fine with her keeping that up.

I would've been more excited if it was puto making, but it was finding under the putos. :res: TARP should lessen the luck tasks at the end of the legs. Also, I don't like how many team members kept cursing throughout the episodes. A little cursing from a few teams is entertainment, but most of these are from very frustrated racers who happen to argue. It's a family show.

I think the real challenge now is finding the place and not get lost. I don't like how the preview is confirming that it's not a NEL.

PS, just like what I said for TAR24, I don't hate any teams so far, and it feels weird. :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2014, 10:52:14 PM »
Praying for Avy/Tina SO HARD right now.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 11:44:18 PM »
Praying for Avy/Tina SO HARD right now.
:jam:

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2014, 09:17:46 PM »
If i were Matt/Phoebe, i would talk to the weaker teams to vote for the stronger teams. i think i heard phoebe saying something like keepin the stronger teams will help them stay in the race.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »
VERY VERY HAPPY Daniel/Charlie are out.

Bye Famewhores! :waves:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2014, 01:53:17 AM »
If i were Matt/Phoebe, i would talk to the weaker teams to vote for the stronger teams. i think i heard phoebe saying something like keepin the stronger teams will help them stay in the race.

lol wow
Didn't get to see episode, but in the preview, Phoebe says:
“I wanna keep the friendship kasi that’s how you stay long here.”

:groan: :groan: :groan:
FRIENDSHIP? What is this, TAR24?  :crazy:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2014, 02:12:06 AM »

lol wow
Didn't get to see episode, but in the preview, Phoebe says:
“I wanna keep the friendship kasi that’s how you stay long here.”

:groan: :groan: :groan:
FRIENDSHIP? What is this, TAR24?  :crazy:

Or TAR22, with all the alliance and the W-turns so that they'll be safe. :funny: :haha

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »
I've kinda grown liking JuanD as a team, too bad they were eliminated  :'(

Oh well at least I still have Kelvin/JP and Avy/Tina to root, now I'm going to Matt/Phoebe to my list, well mostly Matt for brushing Jet/Yna off in the last leg :wohoo:

If anyone is itching to find out where the next pitstop in La Union is, it's in the Pindangan Ruins hehe  :wohoo:

This race just keeps getting exciting, bring on the drama and the bickering :wohoo:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2014, 02:12:11 AM »
I like the father-son team, however, I don't like it when the son yells at his father.  (:;)
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2014, 04:51:43 AM »
Not sure where to post it, but I guess here should be fine.
But  :yess: :yess:

TV5 seems to be starting to upload full episodes!
Here's Part 1 of Leg 3: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLedArGmf-BhjRwvSpeR4zU6rYGcFxz1M

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2014, 05:21:35 AM »
OMG! :o Thanks dryedmangoez for the heads up!!! :yess:

On other news, it seems the upcoming Yield is going to tie a franchise record for most votes in a must-vote Yield/U-Turn with 6!! Six out of eight teams voted for Matt & Phoebe, and 6 out of 9 teams voted for Paul & Steve in Australia 2. :snicker:

I know this isn't a best friend making contest, but going back on your word by giving out task information to a trailing team while trying to get ahead on a task that trying to equalize everyone, and betraying your alliance-mates is a surefire way to create some enemies. Though I really do like them and they being the only couple team from this season (odd that they had only 1 couple team last season too but that's fine with me!), I hope Matt & Phoebe goes down a peg or two. :hoot:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:25:13 AM by Karpov617 »
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2014, 09:39:05 PM »
 :waves:
VERY VERY HAPPY Daniel/Charlie are out.

Bye Famewhores! :waves:

i second this. good riddance to bad rubbish!!!!  :crazy:

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2014, 10:06:18 PM »
On other news, it seems the upcoming Yield is going to tie a franchise record for most votes in a must-vote Yield/U-Turn with 6!! Six out of eight teams voted for Matt & Phoebe, and 6 out of 9 teams voted for Paul & Steve in Australia 2. :snicker:

I know this isn't a best friend making contest, but going back on your word by giving out task information to a trailing team while trying to get ahead on a task that trying to equalize everyone, and betraying your alliance-mates is a surefire way to create some enemies. Though I really do like them and they being the only couple team from this season (odd that they had only 1 couple team last season too but that's fine with me!), I hope Matt & Phoebe goes down a peg or two. :hoot:

if a team finishes first so many times meant that they'll be THE team to take down but, i think, it's mostly because they helped D&C at the McArthur challenge!

Cheers :)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2014, 10:11:44 PM »
I've really enjoyed Leg 3 much more than I originally did watching TV5's uploads.

Watching official HQ uploads is a whole different and more enjoyable experience than the blurry, LQ uploads lol

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2014, 09:00:30 AM »
I feel quite bad for the recently eliminated team. :( They raced hard but luck wasn't on their side. I hope they return for a future all-stars.

As for Jeck & RR, it's funny how RR needs to put on some lipstick before going to the pit stop. :crazy: :funny: Oh, and also her requesting the struggling blondes as their background while reading the clue. :funny: :funny: :funny:

I missed the Wednesday episode because I fell asleep. :stare I also missed Matt & Phoebe's performance on the clay pots. I'll make sure to watch those some time soon.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2014, 09:03:27 AM »
I just realized, if TAR25 will not have a 2-hour finale, TARPh2 and TAR25 will finish at almost the same time. In here, it'd be on the same Saturday. :wohoo:

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2014, 09:14:13 AM »
Am I dreaming or Am I seeing almost no changes between the Top 5 teams and the lower tier teams for the next three legs?

The only exception to this is the first leg, where the chefs are in 7th place instead of the top 5? It seems like teams Jeck/RR, Kelvin/JP, or Avy/Tina just cant get a break and earn a least a single top 5 spot,  :hoot: :'(

In my opinion this season This season is becoming bias towards the Top 5 teams, I almost can't take anymore and if I see one more placement like that in the next leg, I might consider to quit watching this season altogether.

And what's worse, is that if Matt/Phoebe win two more legs, they might already earn 1 million without even reaching the final pitstop, greedy greedy whores  (:;) (:;) , give teams like Jet/Yna or any team a chance to win a leg and earn some prize, and if they keep this up until the final leg, they might win 2 millions pesos (:;)

I still can't stop crying over Avy/Tina elimination all because of those Greedy top 5 whores :'(

I hope Matt/Phoebe break down and never recover next leg, I hate them right now  (:;)

There, rant over...

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2014, 03:21:53 PM »
This La Union Leg was so linear even with some nice tasks.  I hope the next Legs aren't so linear.