Author Topic: TARP 2! (The Amazing Race Philippines) **SHOW DISCUSSION HERE**  (Read 78002 times)

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
Re: TARP 2! (The Amazing Race Philippines) **SHOW DISCUSSION HERE**
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 10:39:04 AM »
For me I think most of the challenges in this leg were just plain lazy and poorly planned, they copied most of the tasks from other versions of the Amazing Race. For example, in the Little Tokyo restaurant detour, that challenge was eerily similar to the task of the China leg of Season 14 of U.S. TAR , the ice block was obviously a copy of the task from Tokyo Leg of Season 2 of the Amazing Race Asia.  :(

Plus don't get me started on that track and field challenge, it's like they purposely made that running task just to eliminate Zarah/Osang because they know they can't run as fast as the other teams, and the task that I think that was unique to this leg was that puzzle challenge at Ayala Tower One, that was the only one that I felt that was both unique and challenging.  :)

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 11:34:42 AM »
For me I think most of the challenges in this leg were just plain lazy and poorly planned, they copied most of the tasks from other versions of the Amazing Race. For example, in the Little Tokyo restaurant detour, that challenge was eerily similar to the task of the China leg of Season 14 of U.S. TAR , the ice block was obviously a copy of the task from Tokyo Leg of Season 2 of the Amazing Race Asia.  :(

Plus don't get me started on that track and field challenge, it's like they purposely made that running task just to eliminate Zarah/Osang because they know they can't run as fast as the other teams, and the task that I think that was unique to this leg was that puzzle challenge at Ayala Tower One, that was the only one that I felt that was both unique and challenging.  :)

I don't think they did it on purpose to eliminate Zarah/Osang. I mean everything was pre-planned so they can't control that. But I think they shouldn't made that 100m dash a competition between two teams! That part for me was kinda unfair. Maybe what they did was teams have to battle against time so instead of competing against a team, they should beat the clock. That's way more fair and a legit "Amazing Race" challenge. That one-on-one battle reminds me of challenges in Survivor which is definitely won't work in whatever versions TAR.  :res:

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 08:27:43 AM »

At least, the 100m challenge was an original one... :)

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 08:31:34 AM »
just watched ep05. looks like rr & jeck are in trouble but the flooding may come to their rescue...  blahblah

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 08:53:46 AM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RR & JECK :(((((((

DANIEL & CHARLIE OUT PLEASE!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 09:23:29 AM »
Is it just me? I feel annoyed that one whole episode is concentrated on the pit stop. :res: They could've merged it IMO.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 09:30:56 AM »
Is it just me? I feel annoyed that one whole episode is concentrated on the pit stop. :res: They could've merged it IMO.

Knowing how TARPH has LOADS of meltdowns and drama during transportation, especially with the storm, I hope it's gonna be fun anyway :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 09:36:23 AM »
Roch & Eji are quite entertaining. :lol: I'm glad they caught up, but if it wasn't for the mistake at the roadblock, they would've had a higher placement, perhaps 2nd or 3rd.

Zarah & Osang :hoot: Hope they make it past Leg 1.

Matt & Phoebe caught up pretty fast as well. I'm impressed. :)

I think the finishing sequence in the dance ARI will be the same for the pit stop arrivals. :stare I really think they could've merged the pit stop scenes with the first 5 episodes.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 09:37:37 AM »

Knowing how TARPH has LOADS of meltdowns and drama during transportation, especially with the storm, I hope it's gonna be fun anyway :lol:

Let's hope.  :pray:

Offline zeeyyy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 09:37:53 AM »
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RR & JECK :(((((((

DANIEL & CHARLIE OUT PLEASE!

D&C should be safe... for now... can't say the same for RR & Jeck tho... :(

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2014, 12:23:05 PM »

:lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2014, 08:58:37 AM »
That elimination was just sad. :( That one task was really unfair to them. I just wished it was a NEL.

I think if they knew that they weren't the last to leave Resort's World, they would've tried walking to the pit stop. Meanwhile, the other team stayed positive and walked the rest of the way on foot, giving them the short lead on them. That means... assuming you're in last place is quite bad in a way, and trying to stay positive might save you in the race. :)

That was one suspenseful pit stop episode. Even the spoilers couldn't help me for some reason. Also, the host (I think) improved on the way he talked to the teams on the pit stop.

For a 1st leg of the 2nd season, I say it's a good one. :hrt: I can't wait for next week.

P.S. It's gonna be fun to watch TAR marathons on Saturdays. :lol: TARUS shows at 8:10 PM in AXN and finishes at around 9PM, then all I have to do is change the channel to TV5 to watch 30 minutes of TARPh. :funny:

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2014, 09:06:05 PM »
I wish Osang & Zarah jumped out of the taxi sooner, they could have over taken RR & Jeck on the run to the pit stop... :( I wonder if they asked Chen & Luz to cooperate with them too at the 100-m sprint task, would they agree and save them?

The format is a bit weird, it's like how TAR:US operated on it's first two episodes of the first season. But spreading it out over five 30-min episodes does give us a lot of details, which I like for now. :) I wonder how the format would work weeks from now when it's down to four or five teams...
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 06:57:27 AM »
Wth is with all the cameos from Asia's Next Top Model?  :funny:

First The judge Joey Mead King from Leg 1 , now we have Jodilly Pendre also from Asia's Next Top Model in the second leg, whose next? Katarina on the third leg?

Also one thing I noticed, there was a cameo from one half of the teams (Kelvin and JP) during the Wattpad episode  :funny:  ??? What were they thinking?  :funny:  :)

Edit: Also I have to add, Matt (from Matt and Phoebe) appeared as a guest on an episode of the Demolition Job  :conf:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:43:02 AM by LeonardTheKoala »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 07:25:14 AM »
This episode shows how TARPH can do generic tasks well---- the cast is pretty good!

I enjoyed this episode, but I'm hoping RR & Jeck and Luz & Chen can catch up! :(

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2014, 07:07:54 AM »
4 hours for quitting wall climbing!? :gaah: :groan: Their fate is sealed unless some team messes up big time.

Oh, and the U-turn. :colors I'm glad I'll get to see it on the 2nd leg. :hearts:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2014, 06:42:09 AM »
Tough break for Luz/Chen :/

This is gonna be so heartbreaking to watch.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2014, 08:14:00 AM »
Their fate is sealed unless some team messes up big time.
I did not expect a HoO. :funny: Those two got lucky.
On other cases, the HoO made some fall behind, like Matt & Phoebe who fell from 1st to 8th. :stare At least teams from the back have a chance for a comeback when it comes to the HoO.

The preview with the boxers though...
Tough break for Luz/Chen :/

This is gonna be so heartbreaking to watch.
:(

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 11:05:23 PM »
This was my favorite episode yet! The Detour was fun and LOL at teams missing the U-Turn Reveal Board.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 07:34:22 AM »
Lots of placement changes this episode. Luck task today, and most likely luck task tomorrow. Those sandcastles are one of my all-time favorites. :hearts:

Daniel & Charlie missing that U-turn was so funny. :funny: Their cursing habit was somehow an entertainment for me. :funny: I had to laugh out loud when they missed it. Them getting the U-turn was bonus LOL. :funny: They were lucky one team had a devastating penalty.

Sad to see Luz & Chen fall like that. :( It was their fault since they didn't keep the bottle cap, but that was such a waste for them. :gaah:

Lesson from the episode: Read the clue!!!

I'm glad the chefs caught up to 1st. :wohoo: The nerds calculating the gondola thingies blew my mind. :o The blondes falling behind was quite sad, :( especially after having a bad leg during the 1st leg.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2014, 07:45:33 AM »
Does anybody know how many legs are in TARP2?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2014, 08:05:05 AM »

Anyway, RR & Jeck <3

I would love them to randomly jump to first and win the leg tomorrow! :lol:

Luz/Chen :torche

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2014, 09:06:44 AM »
That wasn't the only thing that was interesting, just look at the route of the 2nd leg, this is the first time I've encountered a leg this long   :crazy: :funny:

Metro Manila → Cavite → Batangas → Cavite → Batangas

Man, what went through their heads when they forced teams to go to one area, only to go back a second time  :funny:

Oh too bad about that alliance between the blondies and the nerds, they could have had a great alliance getting together  ???, but alas that U-Turn ruining it all and causing the nerds to s*it themsleves when they found out the blondies U-Turned them  :funny:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2014, 01:47:48 AM »
That wasn't the only thing that was interesting, just look at the route of the 2nd leg, this is the first time I've encountered a leg this long   :crazy: :funny:

Metro Manila → Cavite → Batangas → Cavite → Batangas

:o Wow! :stare

Oh too bad about that alliance between the blondies and the nerds, they could have had a great alliance getting together  ???, but alas that U-Turn ruining it all and causing the nerds to s*it themsleves when they found out the blondies U-Turned them  :funny:

:funny:

If that's the case, assuming there's no double/surprise elimination, there'll only be 1 NEL. Am I right?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2014, 01:53:11 AM »

If that's the case, assuming there's no double/surprise elimination, there'll only be 1 NEL. Am I right?
[/quote]

Yeah there will only be 1 non-elim, but maybe also a TBC Leg.  I think a TBC/"Superleg" so they won't have to worry with a penalty.