Author Topic: TAR 25 Ratings  (Read 23245 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR 25 Ratings
« on: September 27, 2014, 01:05:13 PM »
Amazing Race might have a billion Emmys, but all that glitters couldn’t deliver Friday ratings gold for the veteran reality show. The global race series had its 25th season premiere last night, having shifted from its longtime Sunday night NFL-assisted perch to the rough-and-tumble alleys of Friday night. Amazing Race returned to 5.5 million viewers and a mere 1.1 rating among adults 18-49.

Source:http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/27/amazing-race-shark-tank/

This is just horrible news :( Shark tank will move to 9pm starting next week, so ratings might climb!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 12:55:11 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: Ratings
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 01:29:06 PM »
Yikes

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »
Damn it.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 02:03:38 PM »
CBS should've never moved it to Fridays!
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 02:15:09 PM »
What were the numbers for the premiere of the last 2 seasons? that might be useful the sake of comparison.

Maybe even beyond that because of the All-Star tagline could affect the viewership

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 02:23:57 PM »
idk

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 02:46:06 PM »
Seriously. Go to Hulu and ITunes and the CBS site and watch watch watch. Let an episode run while you are doing something else all day long. EVERY rewatch matters BIG TIME! Next 3 days are important!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 02:50:50 PM »
Seriously. Go to Hulu and ITunes and the CBS site and watch watch watch. Let an episode run while you are doing something else all day long. EVERY rewatch matters BIG TIME! Next 3 days are important!
Watching it now! :tup:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Ticasmom

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 03:47:48 PM »
Okay, so I missed the original showing but if I then watch it on the CBS site etc it will get counted as if I watched the regular show?  WooHoo I promise I'll do that! :wohoo:
"Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."  Oscar Wilde

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 04:00:43 PM »
All CBS views count, not sure how much but try to do it w/in the first three days if you can!! Thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 04:11:40 PM »
To reiterate what I posted at the beginning of this thread -- CBS itself looks at the live plus seven days on all platforms as far as how it evaluate programming, and how it sells advertising.

It has moved completely away from overnight numbers. As CBS itself announced last week, when it does issue a release about overnights, it will be including its in-house estimate of live plus three numbers.

We had the same problem every time the show has been moved to a new night. It happened when TAR was moved to Sunday nights. As for me I have the season pass for I-Tunes which I purchase every season so I have a downloaded copy of each episode without commercials. :)

The other issue is that there will be viewers who do not realize the show has been moved to Friday nights at 8pm, or didn't realize it in time this week. That a promotion issue for CBS; they will far more aggressive with the new Survivor season during the month of September, and I think that also has something to do with the numbers for the TAR premiere.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »
Let's hope for better next week! You all can help by twittering about getting ready to watch next week...use #TheAmazingRace
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 12:57:57 AM »
The final ratings of the premiere episode adjusted to 5.48 viewers with a 18-49 share of 1.1/4.

Source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/09/29/friday-final-ratings-shark-tank-adjusted-up-hawaii-five-0-adjusted-down/307955/

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »
I just hope it will be able to finish its run as originally planned on Fridays, and not yanked and dumped to Saturdays (and airing 2 episodes in a row, which I hate very much).

Unfortunately, TAR is not on Hulu. None of the CBS shows are, which is too bad, because I think watching it on the CBS site is terrible. Constantly freezing up, and difficult to backtrack. I'd say, only use if you're watching the episode for a 2nd or 3rd time, because watching for the 1st time on the CBS site will just drive you mad.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »
This is just horrible news :( Shark tank will move to 9pm starting next week, so ratings might climb!

Don't forget Last Man Standing will be compete with TAR this week, and a week from now, another ABC sitcom, Cristela, will also compete against TAR.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:53:23 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 12:06:18 PM »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR 25 Ratings
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 04:21:22 PM »
The L+3 boost basically brings the viewership up to the TAR24 average.  Which is still uncomfortably low.
Let's just hope that tonight's episode either retains the same viewers or even gains a few. 

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 04:57:11 PM »
It's going up against sitcoms on NBC which are re-running today, Utopia on Fox, and it's closest competitor is Last Man Standing on ABC. Hope for the best!

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 08:39:27 PM »
That's an ok numerical increase, but try not to get too caught up in percentage numbers.  55% of a low number is still a low number.  One could make a similar argument for Utopia on that list. It increased 50%!!  But that's from a 0.8 to a 1.2, and Fox has already condensed that show down to one hour a week instead of 2 (it's performing horribly).

It's 1.7 L+3 number is about what it was doing in the Live overnight numbers in season 24.  So its still not a good drop, but CBS had to expect a drop moving to Fridays, so its all on whether or not its still acceptable numbers to the network.  Here's hoping more people are finding out its switched nights, and it can creep back upwards.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 08:45:09 PM »
CBS itself uses the live plus seven data, and all the US broadcast nets are trying to push advertisers and media towards using those numbers instead of either live plus same day or live plus three days (plus other platform views in the seven day window.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 11:14:03 AM »
Ratings for last night were a little better than last week, but still not close to what they were on Sundays. Sorry about the formatting, but it never lines up right.

From zap2it.com

On CBS, The Amazing Race earned a 1.2, up 9 percent from a 1.1 adults 18-49 rating for last week’s premiere

Time    Net    Show                                           18-49 Rating/Sh    Total Viewers (Millions)
8:00    ABC    Last Man Standing - Season Premiere    1.2/5             6.64
          CBS    The Amazing Race                                    1.2/5             6.16
          NBC    Bad Judge - R                                            0.8/3                  4.03
          FOX    Utopia                                                    0.6/3            1.75
          CW    Whose Line Is It Anyway?                    0.4/2                  1.28

8:30    NBC    A to Z - R                                                    0.8/3            3.03
          CW    Whose Line Is It Anyway? - R                    0.3/1            1.09

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 12:26:13 PM »
Well that's as good as we could have hoped for.  Gotta increase in small chunks.  And its certainly better than losing viewers, which many shows do after a premiere.  Hopefully next week we can push a 1.3

And just because networks are pushing the live plus seven numbers now, doesn't mean that they're all that important...yet.  Advertisers still go on the overnight 18-49 numbers, as 99% of people who watch on their DVR's are not watching any commercials.  If anything it would mean more in-show advertising (travelocity, Ford, etc).

Overall, week 2 numbers were decent after what we were given in the premiere.  And CBS is indeed trying, as there were a bunch of ads during Thursday night football for it.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 02:19:20 PM »
That's a pretty good improvement! Onward and upwards hopefully  :hrt:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 03:42:53 PM »
Well that's as good as we could have hoped for.  Gotta increase in small chunks.  And its certainly better than losing viewers, which many shows do after a premiere.  Hopefully next week we can push a 1.3

And just because networks are pushing the live plus seven numbers now, doesn't mean that they're all that important...yet.  Advertisers still go on the overnight 18-49 numbers, as 99% of people who watch on their DVR's are not watching any commercials.  If anything it would mean more in-show advertising (travelocity, Ford, etc).

Overall, week 2 numbers were decent after what we were given in the premiere.  And CBS is indeed trying, as there were a bunch of ads during Thursday night football for it.

I'm glad.  It could be a lot worse.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2014, 03:46:06 PM »
Still a bad year for CBS, let's pray TAR survives!