The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

The Idea of Nation vs Nation- USA VS CAN?

(1/4) > >>

hotriceguy:
After I have watched the Canadian version, I think it proves that a season can be a big hit in their own countries, even though it does not feature lots of exotic places.

Here are some question about this topic:
1. So after watching the third season of Australian version, do you think nation vs nation is a good idea for TAR?
2. Ignoring the passport issues (that's what I've heard) or other possibilities, how much will you like to see CBS and CTV come together and co-create a season of Americans vs Canadians? (From 0 - 10) Any reason?
3. Do you think a season of nations competition helps bringing back the heat of the American version?
4. Exotic or Patriotic: Which style of TAR do you prefer? The American style of international traveling or the Canadian style of racing in the legs related to your motherland.
5: If there's one, who will be the host? Phil, Jon, or co-host?

Thanks, and put your comments down below!  blahblah

Declive:
1. I do! But with 12 teams and not 10.
2. 0-10 ? 0 . US version is the best we have and they can't ruin it or change it.
3. No.
4. Definitly the Exotic one! TAR always brings us new things , that's why we watch it.

Jobby:
TAR US VS TAR Aussie, planned by the TAR Aussie peeps, to show the TAR US counterparts how much they have sucked and slacked in recent years. :funny:

dryedmangoez:
1. So after watching the third season of Australian version, do you think nation vs nation is a good idea for TAR?
I'm in the minority, but I actually have enjoyed TARAu3 enough.  I definitely think the nation vs nation is just a gimmick, but TAR is the #1 show in Canada and Americans of course can be very patriotic, so a nation vs nation gimmick could work for Canada and the US.

2. Ignoring the passport issues (that's what I've heard) or other possibilities, how much will you like to see CBS and CTV come together and co-create a season of Americans vs Canadians? (From 0 - 10) Any reason?
I'd say 7.  If only to spice up TARUS.  Pending how TAR25 turns out, it is in desperate need of freshening up.  And the awesomeness of the two Canadian seasons could rub off on TARUS hehe

3. Do you think a season of nations competition helps bringing back the heat of the American version?
See #2^ hehe

4. Exotic or Patriotic: Which style of TAR do you prefer? The American style of international traveling or the Canadian style of racing in the legs related to your motherland.
Definitely exotic, but maybe a Leg in the US and then one in Canada at the start (with one being a non-elimination).

Ooo... that's tough.  I say Phil.

I do think US vs Canada is a possibility if, unfortunately, TARUS' ratings fall too far.  It would become a co-production with TAR Canada to save costs.  (Which I think is basically why Australia vs New Zealand even exists? TV2 in NZ pitching in to help pay?)

claude_24hrs:
I love TAR Australia so much and this is the best of any English language version of TAR. I do there will be have 12 teams with 6 all-new teams from USA against with 6 "all-star" teams competed from the first two seasons of TAR Canada. The format could be similar to America's Next Top Model 18: British Invasion.

I'd say none. USA and Canada are neighbors with a close ties on the two countries. Their visa policies are free in both countries.

I think I don't have an idea. With any of additional task could be having a "nation vs. nation" task like the very first task of TARAu3.

Definitely the exotic leg on the standard TAR route with an usual LA start in westward route.

Yes, it's always the one and only Phil Keoghan.

Definitely, I agree with Dryedmangoez. I guess CBS and World Race Productions will be produced. Whether if it happens, it would be televised in both CBS and CTV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version