Author Topic: The Idea of Nation vs Nation- USA VS CAN?  (Read 2999 times)

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
The Idea of Nation vs Nation- USA VS CAN?
« on: September 24, 2014, 07:07:58 PM »
After I have watched the Canadian version, I think it proves that a season can be a big hit in their own countries, even though it does not feature lots of exotic places.

Here are some question about this topic:
1. So after watching the third season of Australian version, do you think nation vs nation is a good idea for TAR?
2. Ignoring the passport issues (that's what I've heard) or other possibilities, how much will you like to see CBS and CTV come together and co-create a season of Americans vs Canadians? (From 0 - 10) Any reason?
3. Do you think a season of nations competition helps bringing back the heat of the American version?
4. Exotic or Patriotic: Which style of TAR do you prefer? The American style of international traveling or the Canadian style of racing in the legs related to your motherland.
5: If there's one, who will be the host? Phil, Jon, or co-host?

Thanks, and put your comments down below!  blahblah
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:19:10 PM by hotriceguy »
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Idea of Nation vs Nation- USA VS CAN?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 10:08:11 PM »
1. I do! But with 12 teams and not 10.
2. 0-10 ? 0 . US version is the best we have and they can't ruin it or change it.
3. No.
4. Definitly the Exotic one! TAR always brings us new things , that's why we watch it.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 10:27:58 PM »
TAR US VS TAR Aussie, planned by the TAR Aussie peeps, to show the TAR US counterparts how much they have sucked and slacked in recent years. :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 11:07:46 PM »
1. So after watching the third season of Australian version, do you think nation vs nation is a good idea for TAR?
I'm in the minority, but I actually have enjoyed TARAu3 enough.  I definitely think the nation vs nation is just a gimmick, but TAR is the #1 show in Canada and Americans of course can be very patriotic, so a nation vs nation gimmick could work for Canada and the US.

2. Ignoring the passport issues (that's what I've heard) or other possibilities, how much will you like to see CBS and CTV come together and co-create a season of Americans vs Canadians? (From 0 - 10) Any reason?
I'd say 7.  If only to spice up TARUS.  Pending how TAR25 turns out, it is in desperate need of freshening up.  And the awesomeness of the two Canadian seasons could rub off on TARUS hehe

3. Do you think a season of nations competition helps bringing back the heat of the American version?
See #2^ hehe

4. Exotic or Patriotic: Which style of TAR do you prefer? The American style of international traveling or the Canadian style of racing in the legs related to your motherland.
Definitely exotic, but maybe a Leg in the US and then one in Canada at the start (with one being a non-elimination).

Ooo... that's tough.  I say Phil.

I do think US vs Canada is a possibility if, unfortunately, TARUS' ratings fall too far.  It would become a co-production with TAR Canada to save costs.  (Which I think is basically why Australia vs New Zealand even exists? TV2 in NZ pitching in to help pay?)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 03:35:09 AM »
I love TAR Australia so much and this is the best of any English language version of TAR. I do there will be have 12 teams with 6 all-new teams from USA against with 6 "all-star" teams competed from the first two seasons of TAR Canada. The format could be similar to America's Next Top Model 18: British Invasion.

I'd say none. USA and Canada are neighbors with a close ties on the two countries. Their visa policies are free in both countries.

I think I don't have an idea. With any of additional task could be having a "nation vs. nation" task like the very first task of TARAu3.

Definitely the exotic leg on the standard TAR route with an usual LA start in westward route.

Yes, it's always the one and only Phil Keoghan.

Definitely, I agree with Dryedmangoez. I guess CBS and World Race Productions will be produced. Whether if it happens, it would be televised in both CBS and CTV.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:01:20 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 05:56:14 PM »
I actually would love seeing a TAR USA vs. Canada because I do believe it is a way to freshen up ratings and I feel like it could work very well. I have watched 8 episodes of TAR AUS vs. NZ and I have loved almost all of it (mostly because TARAus is fab to begin with) but the rivalry looked very interesting too!

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 08:07:06 PM »
Did you take this idea from my fantasy game?  :funny:
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
HAHA! I found out that you have the same fantasy game after I post this topic! lol  :funny: :funny: :funny:
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 04:01:19 AM »
The Amazing Race: USA vs Canada - a CBS and CTV co-production, airs in the Fall.
The Amazing Race: USA vs Australia - a CBS and Seven co-production, airs in the Spring.

Everyone's a winner!  :yess:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 06:17:56 PM »
I'd rather see All-Stars from different versions doing China Rush, or doing a crazily hard route like in TARI
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 06:29:49 PM »
Here's what other ideas of nation vs. nation, IMHO:

1. UK vs. Ireland
2. Spanish speaking Latin American nation vs Brazil
3. Spain vs Portugal
4. Germany vs Austria
5. Norway vs Sweden
6. France vs Italy
7. Belgium vs Netherlands
8. Japan vs Korea
9. China vs Taiwan
10. Philippines vs Vietnam
11. Malaysia vs Singapore

:wohoo:

Possible but NOT possible to have a nation vs. nation:

1. Russia vs Ukraine
2. Israel vs Palestine

:iok

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 07:37:46 PM »

1. Russia vs Ukraine
2. Israel vs Palestine

lol, TAR being a possible cause of ending the ceasefires :lol:

I'd rather see All-Stars from different versions doing China Rush, or doing a crazily hard route like in TARI

That's what I've been saying! International All-Stars! Not only have CTV chip in to pay for it, get all the networks TAR airs in from which they'll choose the All-Stars (Seven in Australia, TV5 in the Philippines, AXN Asia, VTV in Vietnam, etc.)!

:hoot:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »
Here's what other ideas of nation vs. nation, IMHO:

1. UK vs. Ireland
2. Spanish speaking Latin American nation Argentina vs Brazil
3. Spain vs Portugal
4. Germany vs Austria
5. Norway vs Sweden
6. France vs Italy
7. Belgium vs Netherlands
8. Japan vs Korea
9. China vs Taiwan
10. Philippines vs Vietnam
11. Malaysia vs Singapore

:wohoo:

1. Russia vs Ukraine
2. Israel vs Palestine

There's no other option in TARLA.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 06:06:32 AM »
1. So after watching the third season of Australian version, do you think nation vs nation is a good idea for TAR? I do think it's good. But didn't Candian residents actually petitioned or something to be able to join the US version, but CBS said they were better off if they made their own version? Then the Canadian version came and it's very, vey great. But if ever they do get around to it, I hope they won't reinforce any stereotypes...

2. Ignoring the passport issues (that's what I've heard) or other possibilities, how much will you like to see CBS and CTV come together and co-create a season of Americans vs Canadians? (From 0 - 10) Any reason? Actually, travel freedom for both countries is really high. US is first (tied with 4 other countries), and Canada is second (tied w/ Denmark) in terms of travel freedom (number of countries that doesn't require much for a visa).

3. Do you think a season of nations competition helps bringing back the heat of the American version? I don't know. It really depends on the editing, the teams, the tasks, the course, and what happens on the Race itself. For example, season 8 was actually pretty great for me: good drama, great teams, great story. However, the course and some tasks were just dismally disappointing, it cast the season as one of the worst. But the initial hook (the nation v. nation thing) could increase viewership by itself.

4. Exotic or Patriotic: Which style of TAR do you prefer? The American style of international traveling or the Canadian style of racing in the legs related to your motherland. I think they should do it in thirds. One-third of the legs is in the US, one-third is in Canada, and the last third is in other countries. But if it's one nation's production (only aired in the US for example), then they shouldn't stray far from their own.

5: If there's one, who will be the host? Phil, Jon, or co-host? Again, if it's only aired in one nation, they should just use the host of that version, and maybe the other version's host would make a cameo when the Race visits his country. If airs on both nations, they could alternate, then both hosts at the finish line (wouldn't that be awkward?).
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 01:17:10 PM »
I wouldn't mind them doing it Treasure Hunters-style. Six Canadian teams starting in Ottawa, six American teams starting in DC. Each set runs their own race, until they meet each other at the end of the first leg at Niagara Falls...

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 09:56:08 AM »
The flop in ratings of the Australia vs New Zealand has given out the answer.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。