Author Topic: Amazing Race Canada - Season 3 News and Speculation  (Read 30992 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Amazing Race Canada - Season 3 News and Speculation
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »
Jon revealed tonight that there will be a season 3!

Casting website is already up: http://www.theamazingracecanadacasting.com/

The deadline is: Nov 24. Last year it was Dec 26.

When do they film the show?

This season of the Race will be filmed in Spring 2015.

And this is interesting:

Your Team must be available and willing to participate in the Race for a period of approximately thirty (30) days, on such dates to be determined by Producer in its sole discretion, with approximately twelve other Teams.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:37:36 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Canada - Season 3
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 10:22:31 PM »
They said the same thing last year for the : compete with twelve other teams.  :funny:

I think we have a winning formula this year with 11 teams/12 legs and they will stick with that. I think we will have still a mix of Canada and international legs: We can still have Edmonton, Saskatoon, lots of town in Ontatio (Hamilton, London, Kingston) lots of region in Québec (the north, Saguenay, the islands) + Northwest territories didn't even have a pitstop so maybe one full leg there! Plus I'm expecting a visit to the UK (motherland) and maybe Ireland, USA, Cuba.  :conf:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »
They said the same thing last year for the : compete with twelve other teams.  :funny:

I think we have a winning formula this year with 11 teams/12 legs and they will stick with that. I think we will have still a mix of Canada and international legs: We can still have Edmonton, Saskatoon, lots of town in Ontatio (Hamilton, London, Kingston) lots of region in Québec (the north, Saguenay, the islands) + Northwest territories didn't even have a pitstop so maybe one full leg there! Plus I'm expecting a visit to the UK (motherland) and maybe Ireland, USA, Cuba.  :conf:
Totally agree with ur assessment. Not sure about Cuba. Producers are stressing a Canadian connection with International destinations. I expect that to continue for a couple of more seasons until they break free.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 09:19:14 AM »
The application deadline is November 24th...about one month earlier than last year.
It also says "within Canada and around the world"...I believe last year it read "outside of Canada".
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:26:48 AM by WindsorSue »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 12:26:40 PM »
The application deadline is November 24th...about one month earlier than last year.
It also says "within Canada and around the world"...I believe last year it read "outside of Canada".

Yea, but since they went outside the country this time, they could have changed it without giving away the international component.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 01:23:00 PM »
I would love to see them in Ireland lol! No race has been here since s12.. If they can top this season TarCan will be phenomenal!!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 10:52:06 PM »
I would love to see them in Ireland lol! No race has been here since s12.. If they can top this season TarCan will be phenomenal!!
The Irish migration to Canada in the mid-19th C was a HUGE event in Canadian history, so I think the odds are very good.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 02:07:34 AM »
Just to add Irish news dedicated a week to that recently as Canada granted 14000 more visas a year to Irish people!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »
Do you and your partner have what it takes to make it to the mat? Apply for your chance to be on Season 3:

http://ow.ly/CacTf
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 12:39:39 PM »
This TAR is very original , you know...they deserve many seasons! Many more to come!  :hrt:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 04:32:48 PM »

Totally agree with ur assessment. Not sure about Cuba. Producers are stressing a Canadian connection with International destinations. I expect that to continue for a couple of more seasons until they break free.

I think Cuba might be a good candidate. From Wikipedia:

Quote from: Foreign Relations of Canada
Canada has maintained consistently cordial relations with Cuba, in spite of considerable pressure from the United States, and the island is also one of the most popular travel destinations for Canadian citizens. Canada-Cuba relations can be traced back to the 18th century, when vessels from the Atlantic provinces of Canada traded codfish and beer for rum and sugar. Cuba was the first country in the Caribbean selected by Canada for a diplomatic mission. Official diplomatic relations were established in 1945, when Emile Vaillancourt, a noted writer and historian, was designated Canada's representative in Cuba. Canada and Mexico were the only two countries in the hemisphere to maintain uninterrupted diplomatic relations with Cuba following the Cuban Revolution in 1959.

Maybe matching the contents of that article with Air Canada direct routes could give us ideas for possible international destinations. I think the U.S. could be a highly probable leg. Other candidates IMO could be Sweden, New Zealand, and the UK.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 04:37:35 PM by Dånooky »
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 08:33:18 PM »
This is the only edition of TAR that I'm confident will survive past 2015. I would love to see a route that visits the Caribbean/Central America and Europe, in addition to the standard legs in Canada. I know that they have to use Air Canada routes, but it's definitely doable. 

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 11:33:08 AM »

I think Cuba might be a good candidate. From Wikipedia:

Quote from: Foreign Relations of Canada
Canada has maintained consistently cordial relations with Cuba, in spite of considerable pressure from the United States, and the island is also one of the most popular travel destinations for Canadian citizens. Canada-Cuba relations can be traced back to the 18th century, when vessels from the Atlantic provinces of Canada traded codfish and beer for rum and sugar. Cuba was the first country in the Caribbean selected by Canada for a diplomatic mission. Official diplomatic relations were established in 1945, when Emile Vaillancourt, a noted writer and historian, was designated Canada's representative in Cuba. Canada and Mexico were the only two countries in the hemisphere to maintain uninterrupted diplomatic relations with Cuba following the Cuban Revolution in 1959.

Maybe matching the contents of that article with Air Canada direct routes could give us ideas for possible international destinations. I think the U.S. could be a highly probable leg. Other candidates IMO could be Sweden, New Zealand, and the UK.

IMO, TARC is depending on local tourism in their budget. I think we should take note of destinations who are aiming their tourism/marketing at Canadians (especially the ones who suddenly escalate), then consider a "Canadian connection" to those destinations.
IF they stick with Air Canada as the major sponsor (some of the new routes are interesting):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Canada_destinationsC Rouge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Canada_Rouge_destinations
At this point in time I believe production would almost feel...obligated? to go to the UK, since they went to France in season 2. It is also logical, because they could film several legs without returning to Canada, easily hopping between England, Scotland and Ireland or even Wales.   

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
Re: Amazing Race Canada - Season 3 News and Speculation
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
The way TARCAN is going, I wouldn't be surprised if this was an all-star season.  :funny:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2014, 02:04:20 PM »
Since production has said international legs will always have some Canadian connection, there's 3 that come to mind for me:

-Holland, which was liberated by Canada in World War II, so there's a great deal of respect for us there.
-England, kind of a given being a commonwealth country.
-Turks & Caicos, some may not be familiar with this one, but for 20 years there's been interest from both sides about it becoming our Hawaii. I would expect a Caribbean stop to be either there, or as others already mentioned, Cuba.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:14:21 PM by Maanca »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »
There's also the unexpected connection with Argentina, in which both countries have made efforts towards native cultural exchage
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 11:55:39 AM »
...At this point in time I believe production would almost feel...obligated? to go to the UK, since they went to France in season 2. It is also logical, because they could film several legs without returning to Canada, easily hopping between England, Scotland and Ireland or even Wales.
As long as they don't want to fly, because I don't think Air Canada has any segments that don't either start or end in Canada.  But then, I like more driving - much more dramatic to me since the cost of getting lost can be several hours of lost time.  The airport scenes rarely have anything new in them, and often serve to bunch the teams up, which I don't like.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 05:28:36 AM »
There's quite a bit of TAR Canada 3 application chatter on Twitter right now. I thought I'd post this tweet from the Canadian Fisheries Safety Board:

Fisheries Safety @FisheriesSafety  ·  14h 14 hours ago
Amazing Race Canada seeks Fishermen for Season 3. Interested NS fishermen please email info@fisheriessafety.ca for further information.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 08:13:10 PM »
There's quite a bit of TAR Canada 3 application chatter on Twitter right now. I thought I'd post this tweet from the Canadian Fisheries Safety Board:

Fisheries Safety @FisheriesSafety  ·  14h 14 hours ago
Amazing Race Canada seeks Fishermen for Season 3. Interested NS fishermen please email info@fisheriessafety.ca for further information.

There has been a lot. They seem to be reaching out to specific types, specific locales. I think it was last week I saw a tweet directed at the armed forces, which would make sense. I also believe they want teams from provinces/territories other than Ont, Que, B.C.  - and there are only 3 days left to apply!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 12:21:16 AM »
I agree that they are trying to target certain groups of people. I didn't even mention the TAR Canada producer who has been cold tweeting to specific people inviting them to apply for TAR Canada 3.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 09:12:39 AM »
I agree that they are trying to target certain groups of people. I didn't even mention the TAR Canada producer who has been cold tweeting to specific people inviting them to apply for TAR Canada 3.

Yes I saw that too. And all the "casting/recruitment teams" showing up in St. John's, Halifax, Toronto, Edmonton...at local events. It's not an open casting call...they just show up and talk to people. And right now Lysakowski is taking the cross Canada train, posting vids. LOL

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2014, 06:30:27 PM »
Tomorrow is the deadline for submitting apps!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
How long does it usually take before the callbacks and second rounds?

As for speculation, I believe we will have 6 legs in Canada, and 6 international.

As for Canada, I think one of the big city left is Edmonton, and maybe Jasper/Banff/Lake Louise (we had the TARC 2 starting line in the icefields... ) I expect rural Ontario and Québec to have legs, and maybe some big cities in Ontario (Hamilton, London, Thunder Bay).

Maybe 1 leg or 2 in the Maritimes, as a way to depart for Ireland/UK

I believe we will have a leg or 2 in the USA.

Maybe 1 or 2 in Asia (Japan ?)  or Mesoamerica (Cuba, Mexico, DR)

Do you guys think they would go to Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, the only part of North America that France kept?

Offline anony

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 09:48:16 PM »
How long does it usually take before the callbacks and second rounds?

As for speculation, I believe we will have 6 legs in Canada, and 6 international.

As for Canada, I think one of the big city left is Edmonton, and maybe Jasper/Banff/Lake Louise (we had the TARC 2 starting line in the icefields... ) I expect rural Ontario and Québec to have legs, and maybe some big cities in Ontario (Hamilton, London, Thunder Bay).

Maybe 1 leg or 2 in the Maritimes, as a way to depart for Ireland/UK

I believe we will have a leg or 2 in the USA.

Maybe 1 or 2 in Asia (Japan ?)  or Mesoamerica (Cuba, Mexico, DR)

Do you guys think they would go to Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, the only part of North America that France kept?
Initial callbacks are usually within a few days of applying, I would suspect by tomorrow (Fri Nov 28) they will have contacted everyone that they are going to. Although depending on all sorts of things, it could take until the end of next week. I'm basing this on the other 2 seasons, so this timeline is hardly set in stone.

And I'm doubting the USA leg. To be honest, of any country in the world, the US is probably most likely to refuse entry to someone for no reason. I could go on, but I think I'll leave it at that. Border crossing into the US is just too unpredictable/uncontrollable. You know, this is IMO, but for keeping production running smoothly, top 3 countries to avoid would be N. Korea, Mainland China, and USA.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 09:53:51 PM »
Taraus and tarchina were there this year..surely tar an wouldn't have trouble