Author Topic: Personally knowing Misti and Jim  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Carolinaguy

• RFF Newbie
Personally knowing Misti and Jim
« on: December 12, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »
I will preface this by saying I am a blood relative of Misti and first met Jim when I was a child. It is my personal belief that they have become winners of TAR. Overall, I feel like they have been accurately represented on the show, however, Jim (outside of a competive atmosphere) actually has a great sense of humor and is very likable. I feel like they have only displayed his competive, ambitious side. Seeing him with his children and at family functions he really does have a warm and attractive personality... But maybe too intense for a few.

With Misti being a such a bombshell beautiful pageant girl, I was worried about her representation on TV once I found out they would be filming the show. I didn't want her to be portrayed as the pretty southern belle with blonde hair. I should have known better! Misti is truely brilliant! Besides seeing her twice a year for my dental appointments or seeing her in pageants I never saw her in the same light that I see watching her on TAR. She is always such a caring and loving person who's spirit is so welcoming and lovable. I am proud to see that the outside, superficial parts were pushed out of the way by intellect, resiliency, and honestly.

I look forward to seeing them (hopefully) claim the win next week at the finale party. And in my heart I don't think there is another possible outcome

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: Personally knowing Misti and Jim
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 11:12:43 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, Carolinaguy!

Thank you for sharing life experiences about Misti & Jim in the unfilmed world. I understand how tough it may be to read, hear, or deal with other people who don't personally know a certain team and bash on their appearance portrayed on television. Despite that, I really like Misti & Jim as a team and I have been rooting for them since the beginning. Even though they had moments where I was saying in my head, "Nooo... what are you doing?!", Misti and Jim never exchanged nasty stares at anyone, hardly ever bickered, and always kept a positive spirit in the race. That is why they are one of my favorite teams this season regardless of what anyone else says. :)
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Personally knowing Misti and Jim
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 07:53:13 AM »
:bigwelcome to RFF, Carolinaguy!!

No matter what happens, they have raced hard and been great fun to watch. They have been honest about their errors and accepted them and moved on. They were a HUGE part of making this season so successful, and we are finally getting to see a more balanced edit which includes their caring for the children they see along the way, and missing their own, and wanting to give back in Mission work. They seem to be a delightful couple and I know you must be proud of them!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.