Author Topic: TAR Canada 2: Ep 12 FINALE "Who's Da Bomb?" September 21 8PM  (Read 12883 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Canada 2: Ep 12 FINALE "Who's Da Bomb?" September 21 8PM
« on: September 15, 2014, 08:44:35 AM »
The finalists fly to Ottawa, where they are pushed to their absolute limits. It's the gold medal game and winner takes all. (New) Season Finale.
Note the date, Sunday Sept 21. And start time is 8pm, one hour earlier then usual. (Mon for Asia/Australia)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:50:18 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 12 "FINALE" September 21
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:45:45 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/INVHgyrbUT0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/INVHgyrbUT0</a>

Preview, Thanks Alen!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:32:32 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:47:45 AM »
Leg 12: Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick → Ottawa, Ontario

FILM DATES: May 22
AIR DATE: September 21

ROUTE INFO:  Fly to Ottawa, Ontario

ROUTE INFO:  Eternal Flame at Parliament Hill

ROUTE INFO:  Museum of Nature
 !  TASK:   Use ascender to grab clue

ROUTE INFO:  Diefenbunker Museum
 !  TASK:   Search the buildings for clue

ROUTE INFO:  Unknown
 !  TASK:   Paddle down the river

FINISH LINE: Unknown
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:29:36 AM by ovalorange »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »
Caps from the finale preview!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:15:54 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 08:49:33 AM »
Second part of the caps from the finale preview!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 06:19:19 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 09:24:37 AM »
Not sure the rules for posting on the Canada board, move or delete if necessary!

Saw the Diefenbunker Museum (a Cold War bunker) in the previews. Was just there this summer! Not going to be easy finding a hidden clue in there!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 12:39:07 PM »
Not sure the rules for posting on the Canada board, move or delete if necessary!

Saw the Diefenbunker Museum (a Cold War bunker) in the previews. Was just there this summer! Not going to be easy finding a hidden clue in there!
I am pretty sure I posted a sighting there back in May. I remember checking at the time and it was closed May 22nd for a private function.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 12 "Who's Da Bomb?" September 21
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 12:07:45 AM »

I am pretty sure I posted a sighting there back in May. I remember checking at the time and it was closed May 22nd for a private function.

Indeed you did!

They may have gone to the Diefenbunker (P.M. Diefenbaker's Cold War Era bunker) just outside of Ottawa

Rebecca ‏@RebeccaRuns 55m
@phdinparenting @AnatheaT apparently they maybe went on a boat - they also went to the diefenbunker
1:35 PM - 30 May 2014

I checked the Diefenbunker's FB page and apparently they were closed for a private event. https://www.facebook.com/diefenbunker?hc_location=timeline

Their hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. so I am thinking IF they went there, they didn't go there first thing from the airport, or why close it for the whole day.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 03:39:37 PM »
On the Diefenbunker's Facebook page, it confirms that TAR Canada is going there for the finale.
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 06:20:05 PM »
Caps up!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 08:50:44 AM »
Caps 49 & 50: What's up with Meaghan? Where's her paddle? Why are they headed towards the flooded bank, rather than Ryan who is getting out of the kayak at another place?

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 05:03:09 PM »
Caps 49 & 50: What's up with Meaghan? Where's her paddle? Why are they headed towards the flooded bank, rather than Ryan who is getting out of the kayak at another place?

Isn't she throwing the paddle on the nearby shore (something is not so clear in the top left corner of the cap)? Maybe they are looking for something along the shore as they go by?

Another question: at the airport-running caps I cannot see Ryan and Rob with the other teams. There areonly NM and MP at the same ones together. Is it possible that RR took different flight?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 05:21:46 PM »

Isn't she throwing the paddle on the nearby shore (something is not so clear in the top left corner of the cap)? Maybe they are looking for something along the shore as they go by?

Another question: at the airport-running caps I cannot see Ryan and Rob with the other teams. There areonly NM and MP at the same ones together. Is it possible that RR took different flight?
Cap 1 shows Ryan (it looks like him, anyway) running out of the plane with Hockey.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 06:39:19 PM »

Cap 1 shows Ryan (it looks like him, anyway) running out of the plane with Hockey.
No they all took the same flight. Okay I see the blur. But it is still odd because that is a flooded shore (prob from spring run-off) and Ryan is getting out of the kayak in a totally different place.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:43:00 PM by WindsorSue »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 08:57:59 AM »
Re: Mickey & Pete's ITM - Ottawa has no botanical gardens. There are only two places that can be. The Central Experiment Farm OR Rideau Hall.

A new sneak peek shows Natalie and Rob at the Diefenbunker. Natalie comments that Rob has just shown up and he is sailing through the tunnels (not an exact quote). Rob grabs a Hot Wheels sized army jeep off a table (or desk).

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 10:01:05 AM »
The flooded bank (caps 47-50) is located on the shore of the Ottawa River, just beside Rideau Canal's locks (you can see the Museum of Civilisations behind)
And I think that caps 45-46 are located on the Ottawa River around 400m southwest of the Supreme Court and 30-50m north of Portage Bridge and route 34 intersection

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 12 FINALE "Who's Da Bomb?" September 21 8PM
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2014, 03:02:14 PM »
Finale will air in 6.5 hours!
4 hours!!! :conf:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
Go Nat/Meg or Mickey/Pete don't let R/R be Tims 2.0 <3

daeys

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 05:59:52 PM »
I wish I could watch real-time... I'll catch up tomorrow I guess.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 07:41:59 PM »
Ottawa cab driver gets Amazing Race Canada winners to the finish line

It was a fare one Ottawa cabbie will never forget.
“I didn’t plan for it,” Blue Line Taxi driver Tony Chamoun says with a smile, “someone jumped in my cab, they were in a hurry, they were running, they were in a competition.”
Chamoun and his taxi were featured in CTV’s Amazing Race Canada Finale on Sunday, September 21, 2014.
The father of four, who has been driving a taxi for 20 years, picked up the eventual Amazing Race winners, Mickey Henry and Pete Schmalz.
Chamoun said he predicted the outcome as soon as the two best friends jumped in his car, “I knew they were going to win, I could feel it.”
The Amazing Race Canada Finale was filmed around the Nation’s Capital, racing through some of the most beautiful landmarks in Ottawa.  The final three duos paddled down the Ottawa River, raced through the halls of Parliament and even went underground through Canada’s cold-war Diefenbunker in Carp.
Chamoun said he did the speed limit and still managed to get Mickey and Pete to the finish line a Rideau Hall, the home of the Governor General, first.  The cab driver says he feels like a winner even if he didn’t see any of the team’s $250,000 prize, “they were talking to me about how much money they were going to win, which I didn’t see nothing of,” he joked, “they didn’t even call me about it.”
The hunt is now on for dynamic contestants for the next season of the Amazing Race Canada.  To audition visit: www.CTV.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada
Chamoun admits he still hasn’t seen the Amazing Race Canada Finale.  He says he only gets to watch cartoons with his kids.  A friend told the cabbie about his national television debut, “I’ve become a big star now,” he says with a laugh.  The taxi driver says with his new celebrity status he should be the one getting someone to drive him around, “a limo, not a cab,” he jokes.

Read more: http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-cab-driver-gets-amazing-race-canada-winners-to-the-finish-line-1.2018921#ixzz3E5weNBfX

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 09:26:06 AM »
Well did Jon say "4 countries" at the final pitstop?  :res:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 07:36:19 PM »

I don't see a problem with that.

Wikipedia defines a "country" as

A country is a region identified as a distinct entity in political geography. A country may be an independent sovereign state or one that is occupied by another state, as a non-sovereign or formerly sovereign political division, or a geographic region associated with sets of previously independent or differently associated peoples with distinct political characteristics.

So its not out unreasonable to classify Macau and Hong Kong as countries!

So I could say Texas is a country and P.E.I is one too. :)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 07:45:55 PM »

A country is a region identified as a distinct entity in political geography. A country may be an independent sovereign state or one that is occupied by another state, as a non-sovereign or formerly sovereign political division, or a geographic region associated with sets of previously independent or differently associated peoples with distinct political characteristics.

Hong Kong is an SAR, which is not comparable to Texas or PEI, because they are comparable to Guangdong or Jiangsu.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 11:21:03 PM »

Hong Kong is an SAR, which is not comparable to Texas or PEI, because they are comparable to Guangdong or Jiangsu.

But before Texas became a state of the US in 1845, it was a sovereign nation (The Republic of Texas, 1836-1845).

Plus, the SAR refers to a closer relationship than that between Scotland and England, for instance.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 11:29:31 PM »

But before Texas became a state of the US in 1845, it was a sovereign nation (The Republic of Texas, 1836-1845).

Plus, the SAR refers to a closer relationship than that between Scotland and England, for instance.

...your Texas argument is irrelevant because it's a state and does not have the same degree of autonomy as an autonomous republic would...such as the SAR :lol:

Also no SAR-PRC is different to Scotland-England, because Scotland-England share things like democracy and multiparty states,  whereas the SAR-PRC, only one does. Unless you can prove otherwise, I call bs on that too.