Author Topic: Rank the HD Seasons  (Read 34912 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Rank the HD Seasons
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2015, 07:17:10 AM »
I am liking this season, it started off slow but the the last few episodes were good.

I just hope they don't go back to this twist too soon (if at all). Just look at Survivor BvW2

bvw2 was amazing?
It was an ok season (Pre-merge was a bit of a snoze-fest but it did get better post-merge)but it did not compared to BvW1 (even if BvW1 was a bit more predicable in terms of Tysons winner edit).

They showed us so much of the Monaco scenery? The cologne task was incredible! I thought it was the best leg this season
This leg is deffantily up there. While the Roses and Chocolate task was a but of the cheesy side, everything was great.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2015, 07:45:48 AM »
At this point, TAR24 is still the worst HD season that you will hate passionately, and it makes you want to erase all the utterly bad taste and memories of the TAR24.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2015, 02:21:47 PM »
They showed us so much of the Monaco scenery? The cologne task was incredible! I thought it was the best leg this season

Good scenery makes it good TV, but does not make it a good leg. And the cologne task was in France, not Monaco :(
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2015, 02:48:24 PM »
Much of a muchness. What else does Monaco really have that the general audience don't know about? To most its a spec of glitz and glamour

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2015, 10:07:04 PM »
1. TAR 18
This season is filled with great and amazing tasks and casts. Three of my favorite challenges ever happened in this season: building dinosaurs, tasting tea challenge and measuring Liechtenstein. This season also provided great moments.

2. TAR 25
Hard challenges, amazing routes, great casts and great winner. Hands down.

3. TAR 23
I honestly enjoyed this season a lot. Some great teams (Tim & Marie, Afghanimals, Nicky & Kim, Tim & Danny), and good challenges as well.

4. TAR 19
I always wondered why people don't love this season as much as I do. TAR 19 had great casts (Bill & Cathi, Ernie & Cindy, Liz & Marie <33) and challenges. It also had feature four new countries, the last time we had that many new countries.

5. TAR 22
Despite its amazing routes, I don't find the challenges hard and there are not many teams that I like (only Maxie, Chuck & Wynona and Pam & Winnie)

6. TAR 21
I actually don't know where to put this season. This season had amazing casts, but the routes and some of the challenges were not good.

7. TAR 24
To be honest I'm glad there is TAR 24. If there isn't TAR 24, we wouldn't get amazing seasons like 25 and 26 (so far!), since producers will always sit on their comfort zone and never pull out amazing ideas. TAR 24 also has some nice teams (Country Singers, Afghanimals 24 which is way better than 23, and Brenchel 24 which is way better than 20)

8. TAR 20
TAR 20 probably had the most unlikable teams in my opinion. I only like Brenchel (but Brenchel 24 > 20) and Mark & Bopper. This season was really loud for me, with almost every team had fraud with another teams, or bickered with another team, or bickered with their own teammate. I just don't like it.
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Wadsy591

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2015, 04:46:18 AM »
I just finished watching TAR24, and I completely agree with all the previous posts here. It is quite dull, with poor locations, casting, itinerary, route and an especially dull race course featuring lackluster challenges. The boot order was also predictable, so I don't have much good to say about it. Seasons 19, 23 and 24 are the worst of the HD seasons for sure (just my opinion).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:01:42 AM by Wadsy591 »

Wadsy591

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2015, 08:02:04 PM »
25 - 22 - 18 -  21 - 20 - 24 -  23 -  19

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2015, 09:33:34 PM »
26 = 18 > 19 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever is left >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that season that shall not be named.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2015, 09:47:56 PM »
26 = 18 > 19 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever is left >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that season that shall not be named.

yeay, finally people who love 19 <3

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2015, 01:25:26 AM »

Ernie & Cindy <33333333

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2015, 02:05:09 AM »

Ernie & Cindy <33333333

I know rite? At first, I really wanted Jeremy & Sandy to win but Ernie & Cindy turned out to be one of my favorite winners.

TAR 19 is just simply amazin. 
- The last season we had more than one unvisited countries. - - Bill & Cathi <3333
- Liz & Marie <3
- Epic penultimate leg <3
- Rabbit challenge <3
- Bodybuilding task :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2015, 03:34:17 AM »
19 love <3

People dig on 19 because of its lack of drama but I say it felt different! Definitely one of the more unique TAR seasons (even if the double Roadblock Thailand leg is one of the worst legs ever :lol:)

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2015, 05:11:48 AM »
19 <3

Multiple new countries (Indonesia, Malawi, Denmark, Belgium) <333
Ernie & Cindy <333
Bill & Cathi <333
The Malawi to Panama legs was great to watch. <3

I just don't understand the 19 extreme hate just because of lack of drama and bland? ??? Even some of them put 19 below (the season shall not be mentioned and remembered) is just rubbed me so wrong.

I'll rank 19 in the same categories with 18, 22, and 25.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2015, 06:05:31 AM »
19's okay. It's just... plain. Nothing interesting really happened in that season, and none of the teams are incredibly likable. They were all pretty good, but none of them stood out. Hence them being second to last in my list.

In other news, 26 has gone up to #1 for me, barely beating 25 and 18.

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2015, 08:27:31 AM »
(even if the double Roadblock Thailand leg is one of the worst legs ever :lol:)
It was bad even for a replacement leg :lol:
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2015, 09:12:00 AM »

Well, but the bus to Bangkok was super funny.  :funny:

VIP Bus drama <33

Ernie & Cindy's meltdown at Bus Station <33

Random 1st place and 2nd place EVER <333

Team have no fricking idea what places they were in <33333

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2015, 01:53:05 PM »

Ernie & Cindy <33333333

I know rite? At first, I really wanted Jeremy & Sandy to win but Ernie & Cindy turned out to be one of my favorite winners.

TAR 19 is just simply amazin. 
- The last season we had more than one unvisited countries. - - Bill & Cathi <3333
- Liz & Marie <3
- Epic penultimate leg <3
- Rabbit challenge <3
- Bodybuilding task :lol:

S20 visited 2 new countries Azerbaijan & Paraguay / While on the subject of Thailand did anyone notice how all the seasons that visited Phuket focused on different things

S14 - Old Phuket
S19 - Enviroment and Beaches
S26 - Tourist Things

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »

Idk why but the best replacement leg for me is TAR24 Malaysia 2.

I personally thought it was the best episode of that atrocious season.

I loved how everyone was just there at the Detour, the provided flights messing up helped make everyone bunched at the Detour, and the Roadblock was simple and fun. The Detour wasn't culturally relevant but I loved every minute of it considering the worst teams finished it first (cowturds/cancer) hence giving more screentime to the better teams left in it :lol:

+ OTTP Brendon/Rachel :lol:
+ Luke melting down
+ Caroline/Jennifer owning all the non M/Ms + Globes at the Detour=Win
+ Cowturds struggling at a very easy Roadblock
+ Just an overall feeling of competition in the leg, unlike most of 24.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 07:25:17 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »
I agree, episodes 4 and 6 were the best of "All Stars"

But the Detour for KL would have been much better and more relevant in Western Europe/a city famous for nightlife
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2015, 02:06:08 AM »
I agree, episodes 4 and 6 were the best of "All Stars"

But the Detour for KL would have been much better and more relevant in Western Europe/a city famous for nightlife

It would have been awesome in the boring LV leg

Wadsy591

« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2015, 02:28:41 AM »
Nothing about TAR24 for me is good, not even the Europe half of the season. TAR19 is better than that season in my opinion

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2015, 06:18:47 AM »

Just realised what was happening in this gif gj Brenchel you're legit amazing <3

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2015, 07:00:24 AM »

Just realised what was happening in this gif gj Brenchel you're legit amazing <3

OMG THIS GIF <33

Totally summed up KL leg!

Shamed it's only one of the few acceptable task (Night Skydiving/Spanish Step) of all the season anyway.  :tantrum

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2015, 10:59:36 AM »
I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying this, but why is there a separate sign for applause? Isn't applause already a visual action?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2015, 11:10:45 AM »
I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying this, but why is there a separate sign for applause? Isn't applause already a visual action?

Probably for the non-deaf viewing public who won't distinctly notice it and potentially interpret Brendon/Rachel as making fun of Luke without the subtitle? :lol: