Author Topic: The "SAVE"  (Read 23209 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The "SAVE"
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 03:51:44 AM »
The save works differently as compared to the salvage pass in TAR Aussie 2?

Yes. The Save basically allows a team to save themselves, whereas the salvage pass allows one team to save another team.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 10:35:31 PM »
I like the two Express Passes rule. Or the simple one , with just one. Those are the best ones for me.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »
I like that they're introducing a new twist. It's always interesting for the viewers, especially the average ones (not super-fans). It's the same on Survivor - some twists work, some don't, but they just HAVE TO take those risks.

Let's just wait for it to play out. Of course, the save being overpowered is everyone's big concern, but I hope the producers took that into account.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 10:28:47 PM »
This twist sounds really exciting, but at the same time, just as it was repeatedly mentioned, it is too overpowered. I think its effect should only be until Leg 5, 6, or 7.

On how it will work with NELs, I can't guess it properly.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 11:45:56 PM »
Is the Save similar to HII or the Bug Idol in Survivor 28?
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 04:28:07 PM »
Umm... well... you can put it that way, I guess :funny:

Immunity idols have to be played before the votes are read (the normal ones), but we just gotta wait and see how the save will play out - whether that team has to guess if they are last and need to use it, or if they are told that they are in last place and then can just pull out the save (that would be pretty similar to the TP idol).  *-:)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 02:53:05 AM »
Umm... well... you can put it that way, I guess :funny:

Immunity idols have to be played before the votes are read (the normal ones), but we just gotta wait and see how the save will play out - whether that team has to guess if they are last and need to use it, or if they are told that they are in last place and then can just pull out the save (that would be pretty similar to the TP idol).  *-:)
I think there is that HII element of playing it before the results are told. I think Phil said video that peach posted somthing along the lines of: "When I do this (does the world famous eyebrow rase), all you have to do is this (indicates handing over the pass) and you continue racing".
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:10:18 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 04:46:05 AM »
Yeah, we can assume that the team has to guess their placement, but we'll learn how it really is in the premiere :P

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 09:02:11 PM »
Hmmmm... I know a lot of people on this board don't like the Express Pass, and I think that the Express Pass wasn't "new and exciting" anymore. I'm reserving judgement for The Save until the show airs, but I think that it it to overpowered. I liked the Express Pass, and a team who received it had to make conscious decisions when to use it, which added a mental aspect to it. What I would hate to see is if the team who got the Save made it to Leg 9 without using it. They could have easily strolled through the Singapore Leg, knowing they'd be safe, which would be very annoying.

This im reserving Judgement until we get a true definition of it but if it can be used after Phil Utters the words you are the last team to arrive & have been Eliminated. I think then it's overpowered & not right just like the Idol Tony had in the past season of survivor where it could be played after the votes were read.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2014, 03:28:24 PM »
Can the save be give away to another team?

In this video Phil asks Jim&Misti "What are the chances that you'll giving that save away?"

The Amazing Race - Leaders of the Pack

Married dentists Misti & Jim want to break Dave & Rachel's record for the most legs won, and won't be giving away the Save.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XTzGtHkWZms&amp;list=UUPY3wSqgeErW9AI5qPLcLUA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XTzGtHkWZms&amp;list=UUPY3wSqgeErW9AI5qPLcLUA</a>

Didn't know that was part of the rules of the save, and did not heard Phil talk about that while talking about it in the Starting Line.  ???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »
Oh I didn't see that one! Wow.....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2014, 11:17:01 AM »
Can the save be give away to another team?

In this video Phil asks Jim&Misti "What are the chances that you'll giving that save away?"

The Amazing Race - Leaders of the Pack

Married dentists Misti & Jim want to break Dave & Rachel's record for the most legs won, and won't be giving away the Save.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XTzGtHkWZms&amp;list=UUPY3wSqgeErW9AI5qPLcLUA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XTzGtHkWZms&amp;list=UUPY3wSqgeErW9AI5qPLcLUA</a>

Didn't know that was part of the rules of the save, and did not heard Phil talk about that while talking about it in the Starting Line.  ???

If Misti & Jim don't want to give away the Save, that's probably why we never heard that you could give it away.  Giving away the Save won't be an option, so it just isn't mentioned.

Personally, I have no problems at the moment with the Save.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2014, 06:25:25 PM »
If Misti & Jim don't want to give away the Save, that's probably why we never heard that you could give it away.  Giving away the Save won't be an option, so it just isn't mentioned.

Personally, I have no problems at the moment with the Save.

I agree, the Save is not as powerful as it sounds, it only gives them the opportunity to recover on their first bad leg, to me that sounds like a good prize for winning the first leg.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2014, 08:28:45 PM »
Rule #1...you get it BACK if it is a NEL!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2014, 08:36:53 PM »
I don't like that rule at all...

Imo, the rule should be:

If the save is used on an EL, it saves the team from elimination.
If the save is used on an NEL, it exempts the team from the speed bump (but is used up).
If the save is used on a TBC/KOR... well i don't know about this one....
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2014, 08:39:25 PM »
I don't like that rule at all...

Imo, the rule should be:

If the save is used on an EL, it saves the team from elimination.
If the save is used on an NEL, it exempts the team from the speed bump (but is used up).
If the save is used on a TBC/KOR... well i don't know about this one....
As much as I hate the idea of giving the Save back to the team, I think doing so would fit this scenario.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2014, 09:13:43 PM »
I have been thinking that if you played it...whether it turned out you needed it or not...it was GONE.

:haha

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2014, 09:21:57 PM »
An open letter to the Save twist...
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2014, 09:57:21 PM »
THE SAVE SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY IF THE TEAM CHOOSE TO USE IT!!! Simply, teams with the save will NEVER get eliminated in the first two-third of the race. Well, in the team perspective, it is way too awesome, cause you are guarantee to visit at minimum of 4 countries. =/
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2014, 03:36:54 AM »
Basically, production made the Save a forcefield, instead of a free-pass ticket like the Express Pass. Handing the card over is just a formality, since they receive it back when they don't actually need to use it (which I assume also applies if Misti & Jim hands it over even though they weren't actually last). If this is also true, they could just keep giving it over and over to Phil up to Leg 9.

Now I whole-heartedly agree that it's WAY too powerful. :res: I wonder if production did this intentionally with or without thinking the amount of safety they are giving to a team... However, not every team that wins the first leg are always front runners, but still :(

I think this leg was Misti & Jim's Romania leg (in reference to Tammy & Victor in season 14, where they never left the Top 3 during the whole Race except for their disastrous Romania leg), I think they would never need to use it again. (I would eat my words if this event happens again though... :-[)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:56:26 AM by Karpov617 »
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2014, 04:15:15 AM »
Basically, production made the Save a forcefield, instead of a free-pass ticket like the Express Pass. Handing the card over is just a formality, since they receive it back when they don't actually need to use it (which I assume also applies if Misti & Jim hands it over even though they weren't actually last). If this is also true, they could just keep giving it over and over to Phil up to Leg 9.

Now I whole-heartedly agree that it's WAY too powerful. :res: I wonder if production did this intentionally with or without thinking the amount of safety they are giving to a team... However, not every team that wins the first leg are always front runners, but still :(

I think this leg was Misti & Jim's Romania and Paraguay leg (in reference to Tammy & Victor in season 14 and Rachel & Dave in season 20, where they never placed below the 3rd place (2th place for Rachel & Dave with the exception of 4th place Germany leg) during the whole Race except for their disastrous Romania leg and Paraguay leg respectively), I think they would never need to use it again. (I would eat my words if this event happens again though... :-[)
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2014, 11:40:02 AM »
On how it will work with NELs, I can't guess it properly.

After watching the episode, I learned... :funny:

I just wished that they took a lesson from Survivor and made the HII be played BEFORE the vote and NOT after a vote. So, it's like you arrive at the pit-stop (and Phil doesn't even tell you your ranking) and if you decide to use it, then you will be SAVED. If you don't use it, unless it's a NEL, then you will be eliminated.

It makes it fairer this way. If not it's just a free pass to keep one already strong team all the way till the end. Imagine all the teams like Debbie and Bianca, Allison and Donny etc who won the first leg could have helped themselves throughout the race with such a big reward. This pass is even better than the Double Your Money lame twist that Abbie and Ryan had. I bet they will take THE SAVE any day.

I was thinking of the same thing, so I strongly agree. :tup:

I have to quote these here.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2014, 11:57:31 AM »
I don't mind Misti & Jim getting the Save handed back to them since it was an NEL.  I was just happy that Jim got a major reality check.

And I would have liked seeing Debbie & Bianca get the Save.  Alison & Donny ... not so much.  I didn't like Alison from Big Brother, that's why.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2014, 12:11:32 PM »
I. DON'T. LIKE. IT!   (:;)

And I really hope this is the only season to include it.  Hopefully production will see how overpowered it actually is, and decide against bringing it back next Season.  OR at least change the way it's used if it does return.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2014, 12:19:13 PM »
The "terms and conditions" of the Save seem not to be fully explained by the producers. It would be great if they provided more explicit details and not leave us guessing and speculating.