Author Topic: TAR Canada 2: Ep 11 "Put the Fun Back in Fundy" September 16  (Read 6917 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Canada 2: Ep 11 "Put the Fun Back in Fundy" September 16
« on: September 09, 2014, 09:07:47 AM »
"Put the Fun Back in Fundy"

Teams face a grueling roadblock and a complicated coastal detour when they race to New Brunswick to fight for a spot in the final leg.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 06:08:04 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 11 "TBD" September 16
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 09:08:35 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FDn82qvdjPY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FDn82qvdjPY</a>

Preview, thanks Alen!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:22:01 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 09:10:31 AM »
Leg 11: Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island → Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick

FILM DATES: May 20?
AIR DATE: September 16

ROUTE INFO:  Drive over the border to New Brunswick

ROUTE INFO:  Hopewell Rocks
DETOUR:         Arrange Nautical Flags to spell out a phrase

ROUTE INFO:  Unknown
 !  TASK:   Cater for a Dairy Queen Birthday Party

ROUTE INFO:  Unknown
ROADBLOCK:  Climb the cliff face

ROUTE INFO:  Cape Enrage Lighthouse
 !  TASK:   Ride the zipline

PITSTOP: Unknown

:yes:  SAFE:

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:21:54 AM by ovalorange »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »
Caps from the preview!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:16:10 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 11:19:03 AM »
Second part of the caps!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 05:21:37 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 11 "Put the Fun Back in Fundy" September 16
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 06:08:14 PM »
Title quote edited in!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 05:22:41 PM »
Caps up!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 07:56:16 AM »
Cap 7 shows Mickey & Pete at the Hopewell Cape Community Hall. Hopewell Cape is a town in NB along the Bay of Fundy. This is where the Roadblock and/or Detour take place, (specifically the Hopewell Rocks).

So, my theory is that teams drive from PEI to Shediac (lobster), drive to a DQ somewhere, and go to Hopewell Cape for the RB, DT, and Pit Stop (?).
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
Confederation Bridge! Yeah!
The DQ is at 628 Main St, Shediac.
I think the pitstop is at the Cape Enrage Lighthouse, and they must ride the zipline there. Check out the video here http://www.capeenrage.ca/en/experience-the-thrill-of-a-lifetime/zip-line There is also an adventure company in the area...Cape Enrage Adventures, perhaps for the rock climbing?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:10:52 PM by WindsorSue »

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 01:44:54 PM »
Confederation Bridge! Yeah!
The DQ is at 628 Main St, Shediac.
I think the pitstop is at the Cape Enrage Lighthouse, and they must ride the zipline there. Check out the video here http://www.capeenrage.ca/en/experience-the-thrill-of-a-lifetime/zip-line There is also an adventure company in the area...Cape Enrage Adventures, perhaps for the rock climbing?

If that is the Pit Stop, that's one heck of an entrance.

The Screen Caps of the opening also showed, which flashes very fast at the end, a Shediac landmark that they'll surely visit, the statue of a giant lobster with a fisherman standing next to it. That'll probably just be a place to go to a Clue Box.

But I'm very happy about this as a Final 3-deciding leg. The first thing I imagined when they visited New Brunswick was rock climbing on the cliffs of the Bay of Fundy. Canada hasn't done a rock climbing challenge yet, so what better place than there?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:51:02 PM by Maanca »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 08:39:32 PM »
A new video on CTV shows that SJ lose their clue at the detour :(

http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/video.aspx?vid=439275&tag=405

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 09:11:01 PM »
A new video on CTV shows that SJ lose their clue at the detour :(

http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/video.aspx?vid=439275&tag=405

Well that certainly doesn't sound promising. A lost clue can be a fatal mistake, especially in final 4

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 10:05:06 PM »
Ugh poor Sukhi & Jinder...
I paused it at 00:47, and it looks like Mickey & Pete are significantly ahead of the other 3 teams at the Detour.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »
Looks like they found it again, isn't she holding the clue sheet in CAP 62?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 01:31:40 PM »
Could have been before they lost it? Also...did Meaghan help them out in some way...she says, "I may have just given away half a million dollars?"

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 02:41:44 PM »
Could have been before they lost it? Also...did Meaghan help them out in some way...she says, "I may have just given away half a million dollars?"

All I interpreted those words as is that they didn't win the leg going into the final.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »
All I have to say is that I hope the show gave the teams a good amount of money for this leg, because the Confederation Bridge costs like 45 bucks for a car to cross now. It ain't cheap :P

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 06:43:28 PM »
Some interesting information about the geocache detour:

Cache Up NB does The Amazing Race Canada

After 7 months of keeping this under wraps, we can finally talk about it publicly. If you’ve listened to the podcasts, you’ve heard it referred to as Project Flower Pot. Well, the truth is finally revealed.
In February of 2014, Cache Up NB was contacted by The Amazing Race Canada to assist them with a “detour” stop for an episode of their show. We (myself and Ken Arsenault AKA Rev Slippery) set up a course at Hopewell Rocks for racers to go geocaching as one of the options on their detour. I was on camera as the guy to give out the clues. Unfortunately, the racers opted not to choose our detour and we never got to give them a clue. But we were part of something pretty awesome and I did get a couple of seconds of screen time.

Due to a non-disclosure agreement that me and Ken had to sign, we were not able to talk about it until after the episode aired. Me and Ken both told folks in the geocaching community that we were involved in something “big” but were not allowed to talk about it. We teased a little bit but couldn’t say anything. Project Flower Pot referred to the fact that the detour we built was at the “Rocks”, home of the Flower Pot Rock.

On the day of the racers arrival, the fact that none of them came through our detour really bothered us. I was actually quite mad. Ken had spent a lot of time and effort working on much of the course and because no one picked our task, none of that was going to be shown on camera. After leaving the park that day, me and Ken were both pretty upset and had a hard time seeing the larger picture. The main producer we dealt with was very disappointed about no one choosing the task, and he was very gracious in how he handled our involvement. He called each of us that night and let us know he was really disappointed that the racers didn’t pick our task. He was actually REALLY excited about what we had put together and wanted the racers to enjoy it as well. But if you watch the show, you know that detours by their nature offer up the chance that one side may not get chosen at all. It happened in PEI the week before.

Since then we’ve had time to let it all sink in and I actually view the entire experience as a positive one. Despite no one doing our task, a national television production company came to us and asked for our help. We did not seek them out. The highest rated Canadian television program of the summer actually wanted Cache Up NB to be involved in their television show. This to me is the biggest highlight. To think that we were asked and were involved in the production of such a high profile show is just unfathomable to me. I feel very honoured and thankful to have been part of it, regardless of how that day went down. Cache Up NB’s involvement in this will go down for me as biggest accomplishment to date, and helps to truly validate the work we do to showcase geocaching in our province. A huge thanks goes out to our community who keeps us going strong.

I would also like to send my appreciation to my partner in crime Ken. Since no one chose our task, you didn’t get to see what Ken was involved in. He may not have been on camera, but he was the one who went out with the producer several times to scope the area. He picked the spots. He got the containers. He marked the coords. He did more work than I did (I was out of the country for that time period) and his efforts would have seemed transparent to everyone else. I send a big thanks to Ken for helping out with this. I would not have been able to get it all together without your help.

So, for fun, here’s some tidbits about what went on behind the scenes of our involvement:

• All of the footage you saw of me, the geocaching task, and the containers, etc, was shot the day before the racers arrived
    The teams took a LONG time to do the flag challenge. Me and Ken could partially see them from where we were positioned. Looking back now, I do remember seeing the blue jacket which I now know was Sukhi’s
  • Teams would not have known this, but if they had chosen the geocaching task, it would have taken them far less time to do it than the flag challenge. Producers told us they were sure all the teams were going to choose the geocaching task over the flag one.
  • They tested both challenges the day before and everyone preferred the geocaching task to the flag one
  • We actually got to look inside one of the clues the teams were given after completing the detour. I watched the challenge producer seal the envelopes
  • I met and spoke to the host Jon who was actually a pretty cool guy. He had been to NB before.
  • Me and Ken learned that the segment producer we worked with the day of the race actually produced parts of Cache Craze which was a reality TV show we mentioned earlier this year in our podcast
  • We were asked by tourists visiting the area if it was the Amazing Race being shot and we had to say “Sorry, we can’t talk about it”
  • The flag and geocaching challenge was originally supposed to take place at Cape Enrage. Ken actually convinced them to move it to Hopewell Rocks which was a far better location
  • As a result of being part of the production of the show, we are now disqualified from ever being a contestant on the show due to our knowledge of how some of the production is done
  • We didn’t know what TV show it was until after we signed the NDA. I’ve got a really funny story to share about the moment I found out who it was. I’ll talk about that during our next podcast.
  • If you didn’t catch the episode, it should be posted online to CTV’s website now, or very soon. We’ll do our best to try and get our little clip posted to Youtube for those who’d like to see it.

Source:http://www.cacheupnb.com/cache-up-nb-does-the-amazing-race-canada/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:48:25 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline pargo

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »
That's too bad nobody chose your challenge.  I would have been disappointed as well.  I was also interesting in seeing the potato detour in PEI.

On another note...

If there's another season of TAR Canada, they need to choose some more dramatic teams.  I'm indifferent as to which of the 3 teams wins because they all feel the same to me personality wise.  I guess if I had to lean towards any team it would be Hockey.  Where's the Brett and Holly this season?!

Mick and Pete just have the "don't care, easy going" attitude.  Boring. It's been done. 
Ryan and Rob also just seem easy going, don't really get emotional about anything.  Boring...  Has Rob even said more than a sentence in the last 2 episodes? 

Anyway, Go Hockey for the final? I guess. 

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 08:51:22 PM »
 :hiya and  :bigwelcome to the R.F.F., pargo!

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »
Shediac Mayor Grateful For National Exposure On Amazing Race Canada
Shediac received top exposure this week, and they didn't even have to ask for it.

After a quick stop at a Dairy Queen, to make Blizzards, the crew from the Amazing Race Canada headed to the beach for more challenges while excited residents watched their every move.

The show's visit to the Lobster Capital of the world aired on CTV and the Mayor of Shediac, Jacques Leblanc couldn't be happier with the exposure, "We're getting a lot of positive feedback, especially from the citizens who are very excited.  They helped put the lobster capital of the world into the limelight on national television."

The Amazing Race is shown weekly.  Next week, the three remaining teams fly to Ottawa in search of the finish line.

Source:http://www.thetide.ca/news/279081524/shediac-mayor-grateful-national-exposure-amazing-race-canada
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 05:06:34 PM by Leafsfan »