Author Topic: TAR US Non-Elimination Leg Stats  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Pi/

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
TAR US Non-Elimination Leg Stats
« on: September 07, 2014, 03:59:57 PM »
Here are the screenshots of my NEL Stats spreadsheet that I created (on my computer, so I can't link to it.) Undoubtedly I have made an error or two, so please tell me!
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR US Non-Elimination Leg Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 04:19:15 PM »
My findings:
Jamaica, Macau, Mauritius, Mozambique, Senegal, and Seychelles all have had 1 leg and 1 NEL, the only countries to have a 100% NEL rate. Hong Kong is second with 3 visits and 2 NELs.

Argentina is the most-visited country not to have a NEL.

India, with 5, has had the most NELs. The USA, Russia, and Thailand all have had 4. The USA's 4 came from Leg 12s on seasons 1 and 2, and then 2 in the Family Edition. Finish lines are not included in the USA count.

Africa has the highest percentage of NELs. 32.26% of all African legs are non-elimination, followed by Asia with 31.82%.
*0* out of the 26 South America legs were non-elimination.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:18:42 PM by Pi »
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 05:44:34 PM »
WOW at that last fact! 0 out of 26 legs in South America are NEL's?!

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 06:16:24 PM »
WOW at that last fact! 0 out of 26 legs in South America are NEL's?!
It's probably because South America legs are the first few legs in the race, and there isn't usually a Leg 1 or 2 NEL. But it's still a shocking fact; you'd think that there would be at least one!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 08:54:26 PM »
Just imagine what this graph would be if you took international versions into account.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 02:40:01 AM »
Amazing! Never thought about the fact of the South American legs , pretty interesting.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 03:19:34 AM »
I'm guessing you didn't count keep on racing legs to be non elimination?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 11:15:48 AM »
I'm guessing you didn't count keep on racing legs to be non elimination?
Nope.