Author Topic: TARAus 3: Episode 6 LIVE SHOW Updates and Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 13902 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 3: Episode 6 LIVE SHOW Updates and Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2014, 07:14:45 AM »
Yay for Sally & Tyson.  :hearts: :conf: :hearts: :conf: Me and my sister (who watches TARC with me just looked at each other like, OMG it happened again and everyone else in our family just looked at us funny). I want a TAR double wedding with them and Allan & Audrey.

Yay for John & Murray are gone. ( more  :conf: :conf:

A lot if interesting parallels with TARCan. Both mother & son teams were eliminated in the same week and now we have a proposal and the strong M/M team out in the same week.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2014, 07:17:44 AM »
^And, in both races, the M/M team who got eliminated was a villainous team that was disliked by the majority of the other races, and they both finished in 6th place.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2014, 08:02:30 AM »
Loving the parallels. :P
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2014, 04:03:02 PM »
Another one,just because I love parallels  :funny:

In both races,the dominating team had the 6th leg as their worst.

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2014, 04:22:33 PM »
Two words that could define this episode and TARCan's last episode: Karma and engagement :conf:

I can't believe how things went this well so we could have John & Murray eliminated instead of the 2 NZ underdogs. If Ashleigh & Jarrod came first,they would probably be the only team to make the stupidity of saving this two. Tyson's proposal to Sally was really cute :hearts: :hearts: :hrt:
I'm feeling next leg is an non-elimination one,but let's see...I just want any of the NZ teams to go to the final 3,that would be awesome!
As I'm not satisfied anymore with John & Murray's elimination,now I want Ashleigh & Jarrod out. They're really rude and disgusting.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2014, 07:04:02 PM »
^ Yesss. I also want Ash and Jarrod out. (Mainly Jarrod). He's an arse.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2014, 08:22:26 PM »
If John listened to Murray from the start, they would not be eliminated but John is always John.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2014, 12:20:21 AM »
Oh another parallel. There was a dogsled challenge.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2014, 09:30:06 AM »
John & Murray out is just...surprising as hell.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »
Really happy for Sally & Tyson! :hearts: They are so lovable in the whole race and they don't bicker along the race!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

A little bit parallel, the proposals of Sally & Tyson and Alain & Audrey were made both near/in a river area. :)

And I'm so happy that John & Murray were eliminated! This is the best use of the Salvage Pass in my opinion! :yess:

The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2014, 02:29:22 PM »
In total contrast to the majority of comments, I'm quite annoyed with John & Murray's Elimination.  They did get on pretty much everyone's nerves, and were the "Villains" of the Season, but for some reason they were my favourite team the whole way through.

I think the most annoying thing is knowing they had so many chances to stay in and just screwed up.  They would have knocked out Boil had they chose that, if John had listened to Murray at stacking the wood it wouldn't have collapsed, and possibly the biggest downfall was not staying with the other Kiwi teams while doing the Nesting Doll challenge.

I understand why Daniel & Ryan didn't opt to save them, but I cant help but feel pissed off towards them.  :groan:

I guess Cat & Jesse are my go to Team now!  :hoot:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2014, 09:02:39 PM »
Great episode! Everything happened! Really exciting now that I love all teams left in the race :lol:

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2014, 12:14:10 AM »
Some random thoughts about this episode:

The country vs country challenge was well designed. It would have been fairly fair even if the number of teams on each side had been different. It was also hard and I think the NZ teams lost quite a bit of time. I don't recall them even seeing any of the Australian teams later in the episode.

I love the fact that they give each team a limited set of resources in one detour option. In this case the fire-making stuff. This forces teams to be careful with what they have, and they always have the option of switching if they run out. We saw the same in TAR Canada with the fish detour.

The wood stacking detour option is actually quite evil. The task is heavy and the closer to finish you get the bigger the chance is that it collapses and you have to start over.

Finally I think John & Murray had their pile collapse at least one more time and they left the detour quite a bit behind Carla & Hereni. In the episode it looked like they were very even while rebuilding their stacks. But suddenly Carla & Hereni are done and then editing tried to make it look like the guys were very close but we never actually saw them in the same frame as the girls so it seems John & Murray actually got to the road block after Carla & Hereni left.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2014, 12:16:58 AM »
Another parallel: the team that got engaged was U-Turned by the team that got eliminated.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2014, 03:52:57 AM »
Absolutely loving Sally and Tyson! She is a joy to watch, very happy for them both!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2014, 03:40:38 AM »
This is my favourite episode by far.

John and Murray getting eliminated = :oh :oh :oh :oh

WHY DOESN'T SHOCKER LIKE THIS HAPPEN MORE ON TAR US? It always happened on other international versions but not the US versions. The US versions = Always predictable, teams like Bates and Anthony, Dave and Connor etc slated to win from the start as it was just so obvious.

CAT AND JESSE = <3 SO ADORABLE
Tyson and Sally = <3 SO SWEET
Daniel and Ryan = <3 SO FUN-LOVING

Not sure what to say about the moms since they give me a little Mona and Beth vibes... BUT, I do like them and my soft spot for all-female teams meant I was rooting for them against the boys too.

Erm, as for Ash and Jarrod. It's the only team in the top 5 I don't mind seeing going home. But seeing the remaining teams, I think there's 80% chance a team I like will WIN. :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2014, 03:44:32 AM »
+ all the tasks on TAR Aussie are so fun, time-consuming, complicated, intricate and completely a representation of local culture. It brings me back to the olden days of TAR 1-5 and not the subsequent versions where everything seemed so rushed.

I understand that the Roadblock seemed too "easy" and parallel.. BUT, that's because everything else was difficult this leg and this actually staggered the positions of all the remaining teams. John and Murray had 3 chances (the country challenge, listen to each other and do well, or make the decision as a team to swap Detour), but NO... they stuck to their guns.

And may I put 4 chances. The 4th chance being just plain nice to everyone from the start and actually getting a shot at the salvage pass.

So, like what they mentioned, they can't blame anyone for their elimination.