Author Topic: TAR25: Shelley Porter & Nici Porter "Mom-Daughter"  (Read 18745 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR25: Shelley Porter & Nici Porter "Mom-Daughter"
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2014, 03:48:12 PM »
They are one of my favourite teams to grace the race since Unfinished Business. They are hilarious!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 09:47:38 PM »

Love them! Go Shelley & Nici! :hoot:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2014, 10:57:03 PM »
We need more  :hrt: for these two! <3

Easily one of the best teams ever. Go Shelley/Nici!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 01:53:22 AM »
They are one of those parent-child team who might have been eliminated early (Leg 2) like many other parent-child teams but went on to grace us with 4 (including next) entertaining legs! Hopefully even more zomg <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2014, 01:57:53 AM »
I get that many people all rooting for the surfers and hating on Shelley and Nici, but this team is so entertaining...

Haters gonna hate lol

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2014, 12:08:45 PM »
daily dose of <3 for Shelley & Nici  :hrt:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »
If these are not future all stars I will be shocked! No matter how much they bicker they can whip through some of those tasks with speed!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »
Mom, listen to me... (goes on to deliver some speech on skills to complete the Detour)

Next moment, Mom did it.

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY 3RD DETOUR. *gasps*

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »
Mom, listen to me... (goes on to deliver some speech on skills to complete the Detour)

Next moment, Mom did it.

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY 3RD DETOUR. *gasps*

And her reaction when Nici arrived back first at the RB and she had a fit <333333333333333

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2014, 01:35:30 AM »
Shelly & Nici  :torche  :'(

Hope to see them on next ALL STARS.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »
I doubt so. Tbh I'll rather see Kym and Allie or Adam and Bethany on Allstars (if they don't win).

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 04:28:39 PM »
FROM CBS.COM:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/elimination_interviews/1003409/

Elimination Interview Shelley and Nici

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 01:35pm

Mother/daughter team Shelley and Nici answered fan questions about their time on the Race. Read what they had to say below.

Jessica C: Do you think if you U-turned the dentists instead, you'd still be in the race today?
Shelley:
U-turning the dentists would not have helped us. It did not matter.

Vicki G: Why did you wait so long to stop and ask for directions?
Shelley:
We asked directions multiple times. We didn't wait that long... as soon as we realized we were lost we stopped and asked for directions.

Rebecca C: If you had the power to reverse time, would you guys have done anything differently?
Shelley:
Yes. We would not have stopped bickering with each other... We did better when we were arguing with each other!

Andrea S: I really wanted you to go further. Who do you think deserves to win based on hard work?
Shelley:
Based on hard work, I would say the cyclists. They are our favorites and that is who we are rooting for.

Brian W:What destination on your Amazing Race journey was the most breathtaking?
Shelley:
Shetland Islands

Christopher B:  What is the biggest mistake you've done in the entire race?
Shelley:
Poor navigational skills.

Lenor K: Getting lost was the key to this race segment. How would you re-do this segment if given the chance to? What suggestions would you have for future racers?
Shelley:
Don't spend so much time going in one directions if you are not sure. Don't take three hours to change directions if not 100 percent sure you are going in the right direction.

Kauê B: Was there any teams from previous seasons that you guys took as an inspiration?
Shelley:
Nici really loves the Afghanimals. That would be her favorite.

Emily H: What would you have done better if you made the next leg?
Shelley:
We would have gone back to arguing. That is the communication strategy that was most effective for us.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:48:42 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2014, 08:55:46 PM »
Shelley sounded as if they don't care about the interview.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2014, 09:18:30 PM »
the questions were lame and generic tbh
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »
But may I ask what that picture at the top of the interview is? :lol:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2014, 11:47:54 PM »
Why Nici didn't answer any of the question? :crazy: ???
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2014, 03:16:21 AM »

Considering the amount of hate they got over Facebook (idiot "fans" :res:) I wouldn't be surprised.

But I hope this doesn't make them pull a "Marie" if ever they get called back :(

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2014, 02:37:28 PM »
Another interview with Shelley, this time from realitytvworld:
There were three hours wasted trying to find the pottery stand and that's because, like I said, we missed a turn and went 40 minutes out one way.
So we had to come back into town, try to get rerouted again, and finally get there. So that took three hours and then it was another hour trying to get to the zipline place. So, altogether, four hours wasted in the desert.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2014, 03:59:14 PM »
Another interview with Shelley, this time from realitytvworld:
There were three hours wasted trying to find the pottery stand and that's because, like I said, we missed a turn and went 40 minutes out one way.
So we had to come back into town, try to get rerouted again, and finally get there. So that took three hours and then it was another hour trying to get to the zipline place. So, altogether, four hours wasted in the desert.

Here's the interview:

FROM REALITYTVWORLD:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-shelley-porter-talks-the-amazing-race-%28part-1%29-17003.php

Exclusive: Shelley Porter talks 'The Amazing Race' (Part 1)

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 11/04/2014

The Amazing Race eliminated Shelley Porter and her daughter Nici Porter during Friday night's sixth broadcast of the CBS reality competition's 25th season.

The "Mother and Daughter" team became the fifth team eliminated from the around-the-world competition after they arrived at the Race's sixth Pit Stop at Casbah D'If, a fortress like structure, in Marrakech, Morocco in last place.

Shelley and Nici had trouble navigating themselves in the last leg and were known for arguing during most of their race.

In an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Tuesday, Shelley talked about her The Amazing Race experience. Nici was unavailable. Below is the first half of Shelley's interview. Check back with us soon for the concluding portion.

Reality TV World: How far behind Amy DeJong and Maya Warren do you think you finally arrived at the Pit Stop? What do you think the gap was there between you?
Shelley Porter:
Two hours. Two hours at least.

Reality TV World: Were you hoping for or kind of banking on a non-elimination leg when you met Phil Keoghan on the Pit Stop mat? Were you surprised to hear you had been eliminated from the Race?
Shelley Porter:
No, we knew because we had just had a non-elimination leg. So we knew that if there was going to be one, it was either the next leg or the leg after that. It made sense. We weren't surprised at all [because] we are [huge fans].

Reality TV World: In your final words, you said you wished you two had kept your "competitive edge sharpened" on the last leg. Did you really feel like you lost it, like maybe you gave up a little or something? What did you mean by that?
Shelley Porter:
That was, you know, we seemed to have -- even though we were fighting in the beginning, it was the fighting seemed to be fueling us. Because even at our worst moment of the "mat meltdown," as it's now referred to, we still beat the Top 2 teams for that leg. So, we said that because we wandered around the desert because neither of us wanted to fight with the other one.
No one was exerting the dominant control needed to say, "Okay, this isn't working. We need to do something different." And neither one of us took charge and made a decision to do something different. So, instead, we wandered through the desert like Moses.

Reality TV World: Speaking of the "mat meltdown," how do you feel you were portrayed on this season of the Race? Did you feel the editing accurately depicted your relationship out there or do you feel it focused mainly on the bad points and therefore made your bickering appear worse than it really was?
Shelley Porter:
They actually edited us pretty good. There was definitely a lot more bickering than America got to see. Thank God. But I think it more so made people think BECAUSE we were bickering, that it made us seem, like, dysfunctional. That's just the way our family unfortunately communicates.
Some people would say, "Well, that's not good communication."
"Okay, well maybe not in your house -- that's not how you get things done, but that's what works in ours."

So, it's perception based on each individual's reality, unfortunately. So, for us, it's normal. That's why we kept saying, "Do not worry about us. Yes, we're bickering right now," but if you saw on the next leg, we were in each other's arms and we're hugging. We were hugging that morning before we left to go to the airport. It doesn't last. In a matter of minutes -- she called it "putting it on pause."
We can go from [yelling] to -- that's just us! It's fine. It's just our love bickering, I don't know. And unfortunately, because I was concerned with America's perception of the bickering, we stopped bickering altogether. And that's why we got eliminated in Morocco. If we had been bickering, that would've gone totally different because one of us would've finally said, "Okay, fine! Do it your way!" We would've gone through the town like she wanted to. (Laughs)

Reality TV World: Yeah, I was going to ask you if you thought you could've done anything to improve your race in hindsight, like how you might've been able to stop those arguments. But it sounds like you believe those arguments actually propel you forward.
Shelley Porter:
Yeah. Yeah, that is what we believe. If we get asked to be on the All-Stars, you can expect bickering all through the Race. We're just going to let y'all have it. (Laughs)

Reality TV World: So clearly you weren't embarrassed watching yourselves back on TV at all. Instead, you stand by the behavior.
Shelley Porter:
It is what it is! For what it's worth, you're either going to love us for it or hate us for it. But again, your perception is your reality. I can't apologize for what's worked for her and I since she started talking at three, so 22 years. (Laughs) Strong personalities. That's what happens when you have two cooks in the kitchen. It's going to happen.

Reality TV World: You girls seemed to get lost a few times in the last leg. What happened there? Why the navigation issue?
Shelley Porter:
I honestly -- we had a piece of paper with directions. Well, the first time we got lost, we missed a turn, and that threw everything off. It was like, once you make a mistake and you know it's hurting you, you have to mentally [say], like, "Okay, get over that and do better the next time." And then something else happened and little things just kept throwing us off our game to the point where, when we got the last piece of paper that said, "Do this..." and it wasn't making any sense, everybody, when we stopped, kept saying the opposite of what the paper was saying too. It was like, "Ahh!"
It turned out, if we came out of the last [task] of milking the goats, we turned right. If we had turned left, the paper would have made sense and all would have been right in our world. But because we had seen some other teams going in that direction, we just assumed, "Okay, yeah. Everything is over there."
And it wasn't! And they had an advantage because they all went right together. There were three teams together, so they're lost in the desert with each other. We were lost in the desert by ourselves, which is a scary feeling on its own when you know you're last and you're lost. You're like, "Oh my God, we haven't seen anybody since we did this last task." Because every time we got to a clue box, we knew we were last, we're last. That's all you keep hearing and it just makes the day worse. It's just something tiny turns into something major.

Reality TV World: When you got lost going to the pottery stand, I think it was you, Shelley, who mentioned you had wasted three hours driving around. I'm assuming that was just an exaggeration?
Shelley Porter:
I wish!

Reality TV World: Oh, so that was accurate?! (Laughs)
Shelley Porter:
Altogether -- because we were watching the clock when we were driving around -- that one was the WORST to locate. Thank you for reminding me. The pottery was the worst. There were three hours wasted trying to find the pottery stand and that's because, like I said, we missed a turn and went 40 minutes out one way. So we had to come back into town, try to get rerouted again, and finally get there. So that took three hours and then it was another hour trying to get to the zipline place. So, altogether, four hours wasted in the desert.

Please check back with Reality TV World soon for the concluding portion of Shelley's exclusive interview.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »
FROM TV GUIDE:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Shelley-Nici-1088677.aspx

Amazing Race's Shelley on "Horrible Mistake," U-Turn Karma and Nici's Pee Problem

Nov 4, 2014 03:14 PM ET
by Joyce Eng

When Shelley and Nici said they drove around Morocco aimlessly for three hours onThe Amazing Race, it was no exaggeration. "We ended up lost for four, so we undersold it," Shelley tells TVGuide.com. "We knew we were going home. The only way we would've survived is if there was a non-elimination, but they had just had one." The mother-daughter bid farewell under much quieter circumstances than their massive Pit Stop blow-up two legs prior and followed Keith and Whitney out, just one leg after their mat spat. See what else Shelley had to say about their final leg — which she hasn't watched — why they didn't purposely target Keith and Whitney for the U-Turn last week and if Nici, who was unavailable for this interview, peed during any other tasks.

What was it like watching the episode?
Shelley:
I actually did not watch it. I watched all of them, but not that one. I couldn't bring myself to watch us go out. ... Maybe 20 years from now [I'll watch]. After Nici and I get a second chance on All-Stars! [Laughs] After we win All-Stars, I can go back and watch this one. It hurts to know where you made your mistakes. To see it play out on screen, I'm like, "I can't do that!"

How far behind were you at the end?
Shelley:
Two hours. We knew we were last. We thought we were actually further behind than that because we were lost for four [hours]. ... I totally understood how Moses felt wandering through the desert. [Laughs]

Why didn't you stop and ask for directions instead of driving for three hours?
Shelley:
We did ask for directions, but the directions we were getting from people were, in our minds, messing with directions we were given on the clue about how to get there. We were told to drive through the town, but the directions on the clue don't say drive through the town. It says you're supposed to make a turn. We just didn't listen to the people. I know! They live there! Why are we questioning people who live there and drive there every day? It was a horrible mistake. Hindsight's 20/20.

So you figured the best thing to do was keep driving?
Shelley:
Pretty much! Nici had said, "I think we should we should go this way." But because what had happened the previous episode where I was right and she was wrong, she took a backseat this time when she shouldn't have. I told her later, "You were driving. You could've gone wherever you wanted to go!" What am I gonna do? Hop out the car and say I'm not going? But we were getting along so well that she was afraid to rock the boat. She wanted us to keep working together as well as we were. We determined that next time, we're just gonna fight all the way through it! Because apparently we're better that when we're angry at each other!

Did you consider working with Amy and Maya, or Tim and Te Jay and following them?
Shelley:
Yeah. We worked with teams on several of the legs. ... We were following Tim and Te Jay, but we got separated after we got into our cars. We didn't know where they went. All the cars look alike.

When you found out you had to drive yourselves, you looked like you had seen a ghost.
Shelley:
Yes, I wasn't happy about that at all. I was concerned with anything with navigation. I'm a terrible driver and I can't see on any given day! On the other leg, I was driving and she was the navigator. I drive like a grandma, so we felt better if she took over both tasks this time around because she can drive and navigate! She unfortunately had both jobs, so I was really useless.

Can you not read maps?
Shelley:
We didn't have a map. Stopping at the local gas station to get a map, that works in the states. There's no place to stop and get a map there. If we had a map, it would've been a different ball game because, as you saw in Copenhagen, we got through barely asking for directions. I think we asked one or two people. We had a map and she was navigating.

Let's talk about your spat with Keith and Whitney. What's your side of the story?
Shelley:
Poor sportsmanship on their part. We know the race rules: Both members need to be on the mat to receive the next clue. When Nici and I went to the mat, he came up next to us. He put his arm out to block Nici from giving the piece of paper to the clue-giver so we could get the clue. I was like, "You can't do that. Your partner's not even here." I pushed his arm out of the way, hence his pushing comment. I was like, "What are you gonna do? You're cheating!" That's when [Whitney] finally ran up behind us. It was just like, get your clue and go. But instead of them taking the high road at the time, saying, "OK, we probably shouldn't have done that," it was, "We're gonna get those bitches" as they're running. I was like, "Really? You're gonna get me when you're in the wrong?"

They did say afterward that they shouldn't have done that and should've let you guys go first because they knew that was why you U-Turned them. Would you have U-Turned them if you hadn't fought?
Shelley:
Yes, but they didn't get U-Turned because of that. This is where karma came into play. We knew we needed to U-Turn someone because we didn't have our bags and we had to pay our cab. We didn't know we'd be in the square all day long. ... We found probably the only Moroccan person who spoke fluent Spanish. Nici speaks Spanish and you saw she negotiated our day rate with him. ... We wouldn't let him go and left our bags in the cab. So we needed to get our bags after the Detour and we needed time. In the race, minutes were important. If we didn't U-Turn someone, in the time it took for us to leave the square, go all the way out where the taxis were, anything could've happened. So it was like, whoever's still down there twirling, we're U-Turning them. Keith is, like, six-foot-three, six-foot-four, wearing bright yellow. How hard do you think it was for me to see him? It's Big Bird! There he is! That's why we say it's karma because it turned out that Maya and Amy were down there too. I could've spotted them first ... but it was a 30-second decision. There he is, U-Turning.

But a part of you was happy you saw Keith and Whitney first because of what happened, right?
Shelley:
Yes. I will not lie. We like Maya and Amy. I wouldn't have wanted to U-Turn Maya and Amy. I would've because only one of us could win the $1 million. It turns out I made friends on the race, but that wasn't the intent when I went. We can all be nice to each other, but I have to beat you!

You both have really fiery personalities, but did it surprise you guys how much you fought?
Shelley:
The Pit Stop fight was a little over-the-top. We figured we would fight. Our friends were like, "I can't wait to see you go at each other!" Before the race, we said, "We are not fighting. We are not the team that fights. No one likes a team that fights all the time." You can say something, but once you're in the thick of things, it happens. We are fiery personalities. It's funny because I was trying to coordinate something with her this morning and she wasn't listening to me. She was like, "Oh, my God! It's like being on the race all over again!"

Since she's not here to defend herself, did Nici pee during any other tasks? You can reveal all.
Shelley: [Laughs]
Oh, my God! Here's the backstory to that. A previous team, Jen and Kisha, lost because they had to go to the bathroom. We promised we would not do that. If you have to go, you go right there. We're not stopping, we're not running around looking for a bathroom. In the heat of the moment, that's what was on her mind. She was like, "We pinky-sweared!" I was like, "I understand, but you didn't have to tell the world you were doing it!" Just go in the water and go.

That was the perfect task for it. You were on the water.
Shelley:
Exactly! I was like, "Trust me, when I went on the side of the boat, I took care of business too, but I didn't tell anyone!" [Laughs] No one would've known. She was like, "Oh." I was like, "Lord, you're killing me child. You know that's going to be your claim to fame for the rest of your life. You're the girl who peed on The Amazing Race." "Yeah, I know." She might've peed again, but we don't know. She didn't tell me. That day, she wanted to hydrate. She drank so much water. She was like, "I don't wanna be dehydrated. Remember when that team fainted?" We had all these things in our head of mistakes other teams had made.

Yeah, but you were in London. London's not hot. It rains.
Shelley:
That's what I said to her! I was like, "We are in London! It's not hot here. You're not gonna be dehydrated!" There were a lot of shaking-my-head moments.

But we got that moment, so it was worth it.
Shelley:
Totally!

The Amazing Race airs Fridays at 8/7c on CBS.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2014, 08:43:03 PM »
FROM REALITYTVWORLD:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-shelley-porter-talks-the-amazing-race-%28part-2%29-17025.php

Exclusive: Shelley Porter talks 'The Amazing Race' (Part 2)

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 11/07/2014

The Amazing Race eliminated Shelley Porter and her daughter Nici Porter during the sixth broadcast of the CBS reality competition's 25th season.

The "Mother and Daughter" team became the fifth team eliminated from the around-the-world competition after they arrived at the Race's sixth Pit Stop at Casbah D'If, a fortress like structure, in Marrakech, Morocco in last place.

Shelley and Nici had trouble navigating themselves in the last leg and were known for arguing during most of their race.

In an exclusive interview with Reality TV World on Tuesday, Shelley talked about her The Amazing Race experience. Nici was unavailable. Below is the concluding portion of Shelley's interview.

Reality TV World: You and Nici clearly had an issue with Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan on a prior leg. What are your thoughts about that team in general, and looking back, do you have any regrets when it comes to U-Turning them or the little argument you had with Keith while waiting to retrieve a clue?
Shelley Porter:
No regrets whatsoever. I raise my children, you know, you play to win, yes, but you also use good sportsmanship when you do so. And, if you're given a set of rules, you follow them. You don't try to improve your time by breaking the rules. And that's what he was doing.
He was trying to prevent us from getting the clue while he waited for her to come to the mat. You just don't do that, and I'm sorry, I don't take being bullied. I don't care who you are. (Laughs) So what? You're taller than me? I can be just as loud and boisterous as you. You're not going to do that. You're not going to push us around. The U-Turn, his actions at that point made the decision to U-Turn them easier, because it turns out, it was going to be either them or [Amy DeJong and Maya Warren]. Because whoever was in the square was getting the U-Turn so that she and I had time to go get our stuff and pay our cab driver. He was just easier to spot than Maya and Amy were, and I like Maya and Amy, so I'm not sorry that I had to -- if I was going to hose somebody -- I'm glad it was them. (Laughs)

Reality TV World: So it sounds like your decision to U-Turn Keith and Whitney wasn't just personal -- there was some strategy involved?
Shelley Porter:
No, it was okay, strategy really didn't have anything to do with it. We needed to U-Turn someone to buy time to go pay our cab driver and retrieve our backpacks. Because if you notice, everyone on that leg had their stuff but us. We left our stuff with the only Spanish-speaking Moroccans that we happened to locate. Since Nici speaks fluent Spanish, it was like a diamond in a coal mine. It was like, "Oh my God! We're not pulling you back, we're hanging onto you because we think we're going to need you later." And once we realized we didn't, it was like, "Okay, well, there's no point in going back now. We're just going to leave them with our stuff and we'll just get it at the end."
We needed to U-Turn somebody so that we could go get it. That's it. Whoever was in the square was going to be U-Turned. It didn't matter. If the dentists [Misti Raman and Jim Raman] were down there, they would've gotten it. It was whoever we saw first.

Reality TV World: I want to get your perspective on Keith and Whitney's theory in thinking the smart move would've been to U-Turn Misti and Jim in order to flush out "The Save" they had been carrying around in their pockets. But your decision to U-Turn Keith and Whitney actually got a team eliminated entirely. So which option do you really think is better?
Shelley Porter:
Eliminate an entire team. You're going to get three non-elimination legs for every season of the Race. "The Save" is one and then we have two regular ones. So, I'd rather them keep it. At least I know where it is or when it's going to happen. I'd rather "The Save" die in their fanny pack. That makes more sense. Why keep them -- flushing "The Save" sounds good in theory, but really, how does it help? There are going to be three non-elimination legs. We've already had one. Jim's got the other one in his fanny pack and we don't know when the third one is coming. It didn't matter. Three times, someone's not getting eliminated no matter what happens.

Reality TV World: You helped Tim Tsao and Te Jay McGrath out at one point with the bundles of hay in the stable. Did you have an alliance with them or were you planning to align with anyone else in the future?
Shelley Porter:
No alliances. We went into the Race thinking we were not going to make any alliances. It's just, in the moment, if it was beneficial to us to help someone else, then so be it. We helped them at one point, we planned flights with Maya and Amy at another point. During the St. Thomas leg, we worked with [Dennis Hour and Isabelle Du]. If the moment presented itself and it was beneficial to us to help somebody else or work with another team, that's fine, but no official alliances, no.

Reality TV World: Which team or teams did you view as your biggest competition?
Shelley Porter:
Oh everyone was. Yeah. That was the best season to be on. There weren't any [weak] teams. Everybody was physically and mentally capable of winning the Race. It really was anybody's -- anybody's Race.
You cannot honestly, just because Jim and Misti have won all these trips -- "Oh, they're the ones that are [going to win]. You don't know that! Seriously. Because the cyclists [Kym Perfetto and Alli Forsythe] are strong but they're definitely a lot scrawnier than Jim. (Laughs)
But it's anybody's -- anybody's race. If I was going to compete on any of The Amazing Race's I've ever watched, I'm glad it was this one, because I had 10 other teams that were just as awesome and worthwhile watching, or fighting against, as me.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2014, 10:06:41 PM »
If I was going to compete on any of The Amazing Race's I've ever watched, I'm glad it was this one, because I had 10 other teams that were just as awesome and worthwhile watching, or fighting against, as me.

THIS. <3 Shelley and Nici

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2014, 11:02:37 PM »
That's quite the spirit! I'd honestly be happy with more weak teams :lol:

But it must be a privilege to be part of a great cast like TAR 25!  :yess:

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2014, 11:26:48 PM »
Great, now a part of me wants a TAR season with ONLY weak teams.

Shelley & Nici  :luvya:

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2014, 08:54:13 AM »
That was the perfect task for it. You were on the water.
Shelley:
She drank so much water. She was like, "I don't wanna be dehydrated. Remember when that team fainted?"

I wonder who they were talking about? The first thing that came to my mind (and the most recent) was Emily & Jono on Australia 3, but then I remembered Margie also fainted on the Thailand leg pit stop mat in US 14. I hope they superfan on TAR so much they watch other versions too!
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back