Author Topic: TAR 25: Brooke Adams & Robbie E. Strauss "The Wrestlers"  (Read 76531 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 25: Brooke Adams & Robbie E. Strauss "The Wrestlers"
« on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:22 AM »

#TheWrestlers

Name: Brooke Adams
Hometown: Houston, Texas
Connection to your teammate: Girlfriend
Current occupation: Professional Wrestler
Describe what you do: I perform live wrestling matches all over the world.
3 words to describe you: Dramatic, hilarious and competitive.
Favorite hobbies: Wrestling, weight training and living a healthy, sporty lifestyle.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Winning the Knockouts Championship. For many reasons, I never thought I'd ever accomplish my ultimate goal in a sport that is so difficult and competitive. I had very little professional training prior to becoming a knockout and I go up against the best female wrestlers out there today. I’m truly blessed to have been a Knockouts Champion twice. I never gave up on my dreams and gave it my all.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Rhona Mitra with Cameron Diaz’s sense of humor.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Amaury Nolasco from “Prison Break.”
What scares you most about traveling? Getting sick, hating the food and the language barriers. I get super frustrated when I can’t understand someone.
What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing new environments, cultures and other ways of life that are unfamiliar. Also, seeing the beautiful landscape and architecture of different countries.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I need to learn to talk things through and not blow up or go to psycho mode so easily. It causes our fights to be long and dragged out.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Mainly how he eats. He tends to smack very loudly and eats crazy fast like he's missed a few meals.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I’d love to go to Greece. It’s absolutely beautiful. The water and the architecture are breathtaking.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To trust and build more confidence in myself, to be more patient, and to trust Rob again. He has hurt me deeply in the past.

Name: Robbie E. Strauss
Hometown: Woodbridge, New Jersey
Connection to your teammate: Boyfriend
Current occupation: Professional Wrestler
Describe what you do: I wrestle all over the world and get to let loose and be myself.
3 words to describe you: Charismatic, organized and determined.
Favorite hobbies: Training, wrestling and seeing movies.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Signing a contract to wrestle full time.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Adam Sandler – seriously funny but way better looking.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Cameron Diaz minus the attitude.
What scares you most about traveling? Getting abducted and stuck in a country like in the movies.
What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new things and realizing how much is out there.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I think Brooke runs from our arguments and then they linger. We have to settle problems to move on.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Her mood swings. She is like two completely different people.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Greece. I would love to see how beautiful it is.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain Brooke’s trust back.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 25: Brooke Adams & Robbie E. Strauss "The Wrestlers"
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:45:47 AM »
VIDEO!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ll6AiV3rQOU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ll6AiV3rQOU</a>
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:09:35 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 10:53:57 PM »
Brooke & Robbie... :crazy:

Just like to some other obvious dating team recruits, I'll say this once more. Don't go on the race to test your relationship!

Name: Brooke Adams
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I need to learn to talk things through and not blow up or go to psycho mode so easily. It causes our fights to be long and dragged out.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To trust and build more confidence in myself, to be more patient, and to trust Rob again. He has hurt me deeply in the past.

Name: Robbie E. Strauss
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to gain Brooke’s trust back.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 06:38:41 AM »
I don't like them already.  :res:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 07:32:04 AM »
I love them and their confidence! Hope they trainwreck the race and go far!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 09:41:59 AM »
NO NO NO  :'(

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 01:58:29 AM »
Brooke and Robbie will be interesting to watch, I wonder if they will be like Lori and Bolo or a bit different?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »
Hmm... They seem a bit obnoxious, but that's fine, after all they are wrestlers in real life. I like them overall, Brooke is very charming, and she kinda makes the team for me, but they look very competitive (oh, I know they are!), so that gives me another reason to like them :)

People on fb are complaining over celebrities being on TAR. Well being a Lithuanian I do not know them, and I'm just glad and happy to see an interesting and kinda rare profession represented on TAR.  :kuss:

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 08:37:17 PM »
Brooke and Robbie will be interesting to watch, I wonder if they will be like Lori and Bolo or a bit different?
I doubt they'll ever come close to Lori & Bolo's awesomeness.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 07:51:42 PM »
Iselin man goes around the world with The Amazing Race

WOODBRIDGE – Rob Strauss had the time of his life — and can’t really talk about it. Yet. A contestant on this season’s “The Amazing Race,” Strauss can say the experience was a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.

It is hard for this charismatic, outgoing 30-year-old to keep from spilling any secrets from the popular television reality show, which will premiere its 25th season at 8 p.m. Friday on CBS. Strauss is excited. Often not afraid to break any rules or stretch the limits, the professional wrestler knows he must control his enthusiasm.

“This was like nothing else I have ever experienced in my life and like nothing I will ever experience again,” said Strauss, who grew up in the Iselin section of the township.

Behind the scenes

“The Amazing Race” is comprised of 11 couples of all kinds who share in the adventure of traversing numerous countries and completing various adventures and tasks. The couples can be spouses, friends, siblings, parent-child or dating. Strauss shared his Amazing Race experience with his girlfriend, Brooke Adams, 29, who resides in Houston, Texas. Like Strauss, Adams is a professional wrestler on the Impact Wrestling circuit. For that reason, Strauss and Adams team name is “The Wrestlers.”

Contestants apply to be on the show, and are chosen by producers. The couple was attracted to show because it appealed to their sense of adventure and the fact that they like to travel. They hoped their wrestling background would help in the selection process.

“We are one of the ‘highlighted’ couples on the show,” he said. “Everybody has a ‘thing.’ They like to have couples who have a bit of notoriety. We are the professional wrestling dating couple.”

Other “hightlighted couples” include Bethany Hamilton, the surfer who survived a shark attack and lost an arm as a teenager and her husband, Adam Dirks, and married couple, Keith Tollefson and Whitney Duncan, who met while tribemates on the reality show “Survivor.” The Race also has couples who are real-estate agents, dentists, scientists and firefighters.

Knowing the show gives each team and member an angle, Strauss thinks his will be a stereotypical “Jersey” vibe.

“There is always a gimmick. Yea, I think we will be known as the trashtalkers on the show,” he said. “We are funny though. Really funny. There are rivalries, but you get super close with the other teams. Sometimes teams stick together. Sometimes not. There are teams we still keep in touch with.”

Despite the stresses of the experience, Strauss can say he and Adams are “still together.”

“It’s hard. You have to focus on working together as a team and staying positive,” he said. “There is tension. It’s usually about little things. We work together great and didn’t let those things get the best of us. I say everyone is gonna like us. Even with our trashtalking we are funny and likable.”

A unique nonstop experience around the world

According to Strauss, the Race is “nonstop.” This season was extra exciting as the show was celebrating its 25th season and 300th episode. It began with a kickoff in Times Square on May 31 and continued through the month of June.

“There is no downtime. It goes so fast,” he said. “Much more is filmed that can possible be shown. They film for over a month and air it over 12 weeks. Each of the 12 episodes shows a uniquely different experience every week.”

As Strauss explained, as each episode is shown another team is eliminated. New to this season is something called “The Save.” The team that finishes first in the premiere episode will be awarded “The Save,” which they can use to rescue themselves if they come in last on a leg and face elimination.

“There is a week when a team gets another chance, but no one knows when that week may come,” he said. “You do not have a clue.”

Hosted and produced by Phil Keoghan, the reality show has won multiple Emmy Awards. Teams this season will travel more than 26,000 miles through eight countries and 20 cities. For the first time, the Race will visit St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, Valletta, Malta, where teams rappel 200 feet into a Blue Grotto sea cave, and the Shetland Islands, Scotland, where they will test their sheep-herding skills.

“Let’s just say I am not an animal lover,” Strauss said. “But I did it.”

Strauss admits he was not a “regular watcher” of the show. Nor is he or Adams good at following directions. But, in their favor was their familiarity with traveling and their fitness.

“Of course, I had heard of it and seen a few episodes here and there,” he said. “I was familiar with the premise, but the experience wasn’t what I expected it to be. We are very physically fit, but it is very physically challenging. You do what you have to do to survive. You live out of your backpack. Wash clothes in a sink. No high maintenance living here. While racing you don’t eat. You can go hours and not stop and eat. Sometimes no sleep or rest. That was the hardest for Brooke. It’s very physical — very mental. There is no way to prepare because you do not know what will be thrown at you. One wrong turn or a bad taxi ride and it can be over. The Race is one of the toughest things I’ve ever done.”

A dream come true

A former physical education teacher at Woodbridge High School, Strauss left education as a profession when he signed a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. A professional wrestler since the age of 16, Strauss said this career has been a dream come true.

“I get to travel all over the world and wrestle,” Strauss said. “It’s all I ever wanted to do. I got to work with Hulk Hogan and Sting (the wrestler). I am on the road three to four days a week. We are somewhere different every weekend. I have been a fan of wrestling since I was four and now I am living my dream.”

Currently, both Strauss and Adams can be seen weekly on Spike TV’s “Impact Wrestling.” Known as “Robbie E,” Strauss is half of the tag team “The Bro Mans” with Jesse Godderz, of “Big Brother” fame. On Impact Wrestling, the only time that Strauss and Adams will not be televised, though they will still wrestle, will be during the run of “The Amazing Race,” Strauss said.

When asked what happens to those who are voted off “The Amazing Race,” Strauss said they get a free vacation for the duration of the show’s filming.

“There is a remote island that they go to,” said Strauss with a smile. “I don’t know what the island is like.”

Source:http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/local/middlesex-county/2014/09/20/amazing-race/15846061/

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 05:00:13 PM »
So he's basically saying that he went far?  :groan:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 07:34:52 AM »
So he's basically saying that he went far?  :groan:

Either that or he's got a better poker face (and liar) than Maria & Tiffany.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 10:34:25 PM »
When asked what happens to those who are voted off “The Amazing Race,” Strauss said they get a free vacation for the duration of the show’s filming.”

Source:http://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/local/middlesex-county/2014/09/20/amazing-race/15846061/
Voted off? :snics:

Back on topic, it's laid out now these two make it pass the first five or six eliminations.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 02:23:48 AM »
They're surprisingly sweet and great <3

Love them!  :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 03:43:02 AM »
I thought I'll actually dislike them but this team has delivered so far and can be really hilarious at times. Greatly reminded me of Lori and Bolo! And when Brooke had issues with the Detour, Robbie was all encouraging and such.

Plus they are actually smart and can perform well under stress. I think it will not be long before they win a leg this season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 11:49:22 AM »
Racing with Robbie: Week 3 of the Amazing Race

What a week it was in the Shetland Islands, bro! Before I raced around the
Shetland Islands, I had never even heard of them... Have you? Anyway...

#TheWrestlers are still here!!! Everyone continues to think we
will die (or get lost) and that just won't happen, bro. Sure, Brooke sometimes
thinks we will lose and gets negative. Lucky for her, she has a partner that
never loses... even when he loses! You feel me, right, bro?? Robbie E is a
winner - my mom always told me that and then I learned it was true! I know we
have what it takes to make it through this race and win it. Seeing is believing,
bro!   

Starting this leg of the race was rough as we had a
LONG travel day from England to Scotland by train and then taking an overnight
ferry to the Shetland Islands. After the ferry arrived, we had a slight issue
with everyone driving on the wrong side of the road, bro. WHAT. WAS. THAT???

When we got all our torch equipment, I knew this task would be
hard but it's all about not giving up. Being a former X-Division, Television and
Tag Team (twice, bro! BOOM!!!) Champion, I know about putting work in. I wasn't
going to let those stupid Vikings beat me, bro! Now on to the sheep... I hate
animals, bro, they're so weird! But, I must admit, dealing with those sheep was
similar to dealing with my race partner.

Just let them get all
crazy, then talk to them like babies and then they get focused and the rest is
easy!!! BOOM!!! Robbie E - 1; Sheep - 0.   

We finished 6th,
which is fine. We're getting stronger each leg and we're still in it to win it!

Plus, the whole world got to see how fast I am... Spoiler
alert: I'm so fast, bro!!!!

See you next week!

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6127-Racing-with-Robbie-Week-3-of-the-Amazing-Race

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
Brooke and Robbie are doing surprisingly bad at every single first task of this season (second flight on leg 1, last for leg 2 detour, last for leg 3 detour) and then forever zooming to the front and catching up with the rest of the teams on the second task of the leg.

I think one leg they will either be so bad and totally lose and get eliminated... but I'm more towards believing that their time to shine will come soon and they will soon win a leg.

LET'S SEE. :funny:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 09:39:50 AM »
Racing With Robbie: Week 6 of the Amazing Race

What a week it was, bros.... 

This week was all about Morocco and stupid animals... Why do animals have to be so creepy, bro? I don't like that I don't know what they're up to. Anyway, to start things off, we had to carry these bags of hay across town, which was no problem for us because we're so strong. The world got to see how crazy buff we are and Brooke even did some elbow drops for good measure!

For the detour, we had to choose between building a tent and making goat butter. I really wish we had chosen camp, bro. These goats were the smelliest, grossest things ever. Why don't animals take baths? Anyway, we milked the goat, then I churned the butter. Took too much time, but whatever, we got it done. Then, it was off to the road block. 

Brooke did that and, bro, she had to walk across this ladder and cables all the way across a canyon. What are we, bro, daredevils? She was super freaked out and then she had a lot of problems with the puzzle on the other side, but she powered through and we even made up some time. 

We made it to the pit stop in 5th place, which is exactly where we started this round so not bad! We have to make up some ground next week though so we can win that million dollars! 

Next stop is Italy, bro! BOOM!!! I love pizza! See you next week on The Amazing Race!

Source:http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6176-Racing-With-Robbie-Week-6-of-the-Amazing-Race

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 09:42:19 AM »
All I saw in that was "bro" :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2014, 10:08:56 AM »
Brooke and Robbie <3

So many teams to like this season <333

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2014, 10:14:58 AM »
Brooke's episode 3 recap

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TT925eHd71I" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TT925eHd71I</a>

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 10:16:06 AM »
Brooke's episode 4 recap

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cxrfq-gwBw4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cxrfq-gwBw4</a>

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 12:38:47 PM »

Brooke's episode 6 recap

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xfGIigZWSHA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xfGIigZWSHA</a>

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 26: Brooke Adams & Robbie E. Strauss "The Wrestlers"
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »
TNA Knockout Brooke Adams in ‘The Amazing Race’ on CBS

TNA Impact Wrestling Knockout Brooke Adams has every reason to be proud.

After all, she and fellow professional grappler Robbie E finished the first half of the 25th season of “The Amazing Race,” a grueling reality show taking competitors across the world to complete challenges.

Avoiding elimination, the couple is now one step closer to the million dollar prize. Every Friday on CBS viewers are left on the edge of their seat watching the drama unfold.

“You have to imagine being Rob or myself in our shoes,” Adams said. “That’s why I tend to seem frustrated a lot of the time. You have no idea what it’s like showing up at the bottom and not knowing what is going on. You never know what is ahead of you.”

Adams feels the hour-long show only gives the audience a small taste of what the participants go through.

“You don’t really see the time lapse,” she said. “We don’t know where a lot of the teams are, or if they completed the task, or what’s going on unless you come down the road and run into them. You don’t see a lot of the troubles we are having. Whether it’s getting lost or trying to get directions. You see a lot of the frustrations. It’s not the fun-loving Brooke side a lot of times.”

Adams says initially a lot of the other competitors were scared of #TheWrestlers.

“You’re thinking, ‘This is a strong team,’” she said. “Then they realize, ‘Oh, Wow! These two, bless their hearts.’ A lot of times we are like, ‘What is going on?’ Then we figure it out as we go along. One thing is you find out during the race is the muscles, endurance and things like that are not even the biggest part of the race. It’s about being strategic and luck and doing everything in a timely manner. It really doesn’t have to do with being privy to traveling all the time and being strong. That stuff helps, but at the end of the day luck will kick your butt.”

Before the race the duo tried to prepare by watching past seasons. In the end, it didn’t do them much good.

“There is no situation that is going to be the same,” she said. “There is no factor that is going to be the same, and you have no idea how you are going to handle the situation. When I went in I thought, ‘Okay, cool. I won’t freak out.’ It’s impossible. It’s completely impossible when you are standing there in another country where you don’t know the language. You don’t know where you are going. You are driving on the wrong side of the road.

“Everything is complete chaos. It’s hot. You aren’t used to the food. You aren’t getting adequate sleep. Everything just goes out the window. You can try to mentally prepare yourself, but it’s impossible. It just doesn’t happen. These challenges may not seem difficult, but you aren’t seeing the challenge completely and seeing how hard it can be. You’re missing tiny little details. You’re rushed. You’re hot. You’re racing for a million dollars….”

The overall trek includes four continents, eight countries and 20 cities across 26,000 miles. Clues and host Phil Keoghan guide them along the way. With what aired, Adams recalls building a traditional Viking torch as the hardest task during the third leg in the United Kingdom.

“The guy that was demonstrating it, he wouldn’t respond to anything that you were saying,” she said. “He did it at his pace, so if you miss one detail and have to wait 30 minutes to pick it up and figure out what you missed. Then it was herding the sheep. They only showed a small clip of us and it may look easy, but I can tell you that it was not. It was like herding kittens with one going this way and another going that way. We finally got them all in one spot, and when you think you have it, then this little devil child wants to go another way.

“Rob has made it pretty clear he hates animals. So he doesn’t want a whole lot to do with it. He just does not like them. It was not an act. I got a little frustrated there with the milking the goats on another task, but he was doing his best. We were trying to squeeze for dear life to get the milk out. That was kind of challenging too. That took a long time to milk the goats. Then poor Rob, he turned the butter for a good hour-and-a-half, maybe longer.”

Going through the experience has taught Adams a lot about herself and her relationship to the TNA star.

“When you take yourself out of your normal everyday life and are put in another situation that you have never encountered before and try to keep your cool, I do believe if you can survive ‘The Amazing Race,’ you can survive anything,” she said. “It can put tension on us, but as long as you work together and understand that little frustrations are not out of anger, you realize you can use that in everyday life.”

Out of the current crop of teams, Adams looks to #TheDentists and #TheSurfers as the ones to beat. The surfers in particular include Adam Dirks and Bethany Hamilton, known for her surviving a harrowing shark attack that left her with one arm.

“When I saw her, I knew her story was amazing,” Adams said. “I knew she was trooper and a survivor and that she was very strong. I just didn’t know at what level. Bethany, there is not one thing I don’t think she can’t do. She was riding the bike in Denmark with one arm. I was looking forward to more challenges like that one. I thought, ‘This is awesome. We will get her out of here.’ That is not the case. This girl is incredible. She is a super woman…”

Along with TNA co-workers, fans have cheered on the couple every step of the way on their televised journey of a lifetime. Adams appreciates the support.

“It is awesome to see the wrestling world step out a little bit and support us in ‘The Amazing Race,’ Adams said. “I knew they would, but I didn’t know at what level. It’s really exciting to hear everyone talking about it and as excited as we are. Of course, we have the support of Impact Wrestling behind us as well. It’s awesome. I love it. I hope we can do something like this in the future because our wrestling fans like to see us in another light other than a wrestling character dong what we do every week.

“That’s obviously the passion they have for us as entertainers. I think they love to see us outside of that. I think Rob and I have done a really good job of showing who we really are on ‘The Amazing Race.’ I think we are entertaining in a whole new way. I don’t think anyone really knew who Brooke Adams was outside of who I am as a wrestler.”

When her time on the show concludes, the butt-kicking beauty is ready to return to the ring. Adams takes pride in her progression in the ring from WWE dancing diva to an accomplished former TNA knockouts champion.

“I have been gone this past year and can’t wait to prove myself again,” she said. “It was something that I wanted to be was [a wrestler]. I wanted a chance to prove myself. I think I‘ve done that very well. Every time I wake up I think, ‘Wow, I’m a two-time champion. I did that. I know if I wanted to do it again, I could.’ It’s a dream come true.”

The Texan credits veterans Lisa Marie Varon and Bully Ray for helping her along the way in her evolution.

“Working with Lisa taught me so much about just being a worker and who I am as a wrestler,” Adams said. “Not just in the ring, but talking and living that character and being respected by the locker room and presenting myself. She really brought me out of my shell. I can’t lie. I was a little shy, but Lisa is crazy and all over the place. She really took me under her wing and taught me a lot of things.

“Being around Bully Ray, good lord, he is an amazing performer. I remember sitting outside of the ring and listening to him talk thinking, ‘Wow, this is crazy. I wish I could be like that. He really eats, sleeps and breathes Bully Ray. I really learned a lot from him and have a lot of respect for him. I was lucky to have that role. As small it may have seemed to people, to get out of the ring and play the valet for the heavyweight champion, I’ll take that any day.

The driven can’t wait to continue what she started in TNA. Adams has goals to accomplish.

“I hope in January to be on the U.K. tour,” she said. “I’m looking forward to working with Jessicka Havok. I would love to see what I can do in the ring against her. She is quite scary, obviously. I think I have mental prep from Gail Kim and Lisa. I also would love to have a few matches with Taryn Terrell. She is doing great and a good friend of mine, but I would love to see how we would do in the ring together. I think we could put on something amazing together.”

Given her success on “The Amazing Race” with Robbie, Adams can see another TNA duo potentially doing well.

“I think that Christy Hemme would be great because she is great at mapping out things and is very strategic,” she said. “She has patience and is a good leader. Then maybe someone like Ken Anderson. Those two would be awesome. He has a great military background. He is good at a lot of things that have nothing to do with wrestling. He is good at nature and things like that. I feel like he is highly capable of surviving the challenges. He would also be very entertaining.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fighting/article3614412.html#storylink=cpy